1,409 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

• We should have patience and he should STAY
    • This is a failed experiment he should GO

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please bag your bags and go Mr Cathro.

Sometimes you just have to admit the jobs to big for you and step down and let someone who knows what they are doing tske over

He is being badly let down by the players. Each and every one of them should be thoroughly ashamed but, you know what, they won't be. Cathro will no doubt be sick with worry tonight, but will most of the players? No chance.

Surely he won't do a Butcher.......

You wouldn't have thought so but current form should be setting alarm bells ringing. Zero shots on target against Partick Thistle. Sowah playing at center half  :thumbsdown:

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Indeed. This place is mental though.

There needs to be punitive action taken at this stage. Yes it would be perhaps harsh on Cathro but I don't believe he is entirely culpable. In fact I think it is Levein who is culpable for short termist contracts being signed leading to lack of passion & commitment on the pitch. Levein must go & that isn't mental. It is both fair & reasonable after two seasons of successive failure in the premier league & all cup competitions.

It's too early to sack him but I'm fed up hearing words instead of seeing action on the pitch. The players today looked completely unmotivated and it's very worrying. We were told that they'd be busting a gut to make amends for last Wednesday but there was nothing there. That, coupled with the clueless football we're having to endure, makes for worrying signs.

Let's face it. Every team in the league, bar Celtic, is generally bogging but plays well occasionally. They all have good runs and very poor runs. We are no different from the rest. From 3rd down to 12th they are identikit shit and the relegation spot is a total lottery. The point being that Cathro may not be a brilliant manager but who, in this league, is?

This experiment may not work but we have to give it a full season to assess surely?

I voted for him to remain despite the fact he and McPhee don't seem to be learning from defeat.  When he took over he's had to do without Paterson (our biggest goal threat previously) and Souttar as well as Djoum (ACN) and Prince.  He also got rid of non performing players like Ozturk, Sammon, Muirhead etc.  That's virtually a new team and although we signed several, they'll take time to gel or they'll (the short term signings) be on their bikes.  Even today we had to make a last minute adjustment which would not help our game plan.

Hopefully we'll turn the corner on Wednesday.

Cheerio cheerio cheerio.......

waste of time, waste of points and a complete waste of money.........

Will go on a Wednesday but with absolutely no desire to be there.

Whole sorry episode has been a disaster, didn't won't RN to go and think to let him do so has been a huge mistake.

queensferryjambo

I voted for him to stay, but this Poll would be more appropriate after the last game of the season.

People can delete their vote and then change their vote when they please I believe.

As the season goes on the poll should change depending on the feeling of the forum members.

Shitebags Kickback surfaces again.....

Looking like a shite appointment at the moment but the club have always said he will get time and he should be given more time.

Media would have a field day but I'd like Levein to be more hands on involved for the rest of the season.

Most Levein moaners don't actually know what they are talking about on that front.

Voted for him to stay - however things have to change. Unacceptable displays can't continue without somebody taking responsibility for it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Offers nothing. Doesn't command any respect, a bumbling idiot. Tactics are shite and continually makes mistakes.

Anyone at the game today can testify that we were shockingly bad. No plan no clue. Stood staring at the pitch at full time. The team is badly underperforming and Cathro couldn't get a reaction from Wednesday.

Laptop must go

If he had any kind of cv or had shown any signs of encouragement I'd say stay but sadly he hasn't. Doesn't tick one box, whether it's signings, tactics or motivation. Feel sorry for the guy but no time for sympathy.

Let's face it. Every team in the league, bar Celtic, is generally bogging but plays well occasionally. They all have good runs and very poor runs. We are no different from the rest. From 3rd down to 12th they are identikit shit and the relegation spot is a total lottery. The point being that Cathro may not be a brilliant manager but who, in this league, is?

This experiment may not work but we have to give it a full season to assess surely?

Tremendous post. Totally agree

Stay, needs a pre season and a full season in charge.

Needs to go now........ totally out of his depth.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Cheerio cheerio cheerio.......

waste of time, waste of points and a complete waste of money.........

Will go on a Wednesday but with absolutely no desire to be there.

Whole sorry episode has been a disaster, didn't won't RN to go and think to let him do so has been a huge mistake.

Yep. Robbie would have took us closer to Celtic with a few good signings.

He should go, but only of Craig goes with him.

Levein was a loser, is a loser and always will be a loser. We need someone with belief...not failed arrogance

Voted stay just now but I can't see how there will be a turnaround. We can't even create chances so where will goals come from? 3 shots on target in 270 minutes of football is horrific.

There is no point in removing the manager now. Too late in the season. I'm sure he will strive to turn things around. If he can't though then he should go. That's football.

Trapper John McIntyre

Cathro comes across as someone more comfortable with a computer than a human face in front of him. He appears to be one of those weird boy geniuses who have no empathy with anyone and lives inside their own little narrow, controllable world.

Someone who cannot relate to people will pretty quickly be found out when they are given a position of authority. That doesn't just happen in football, it happens in the real world, too.

There were stories about his lack of 'people skills' when he took over. He looks completely lost and out of his comfort zone.

Whoever decided to  employ this guy is the real culprit. Giving him 'time' won't make any difference. That is just being pig-headed. Get rid off him now before he does futher damage.

The thing is, he thinks he's it. I don't see the rabbit in the headlights, but a barely concealed arrogance that is,at this time, totally misplaced. The blethers after games eg, we will not have 5 mins when we're not at it, is just nonsense. He talks like football was a new game and we need to be told how it works. The squad turnover is a variable that makes it hard to judge him clearly but his style feels uncomfortable, unnatural and contrived so I don't know how he would come across to players in all honesty.

Stay just now but the jury is definitely out covering lots of qualities you need to be an effective manager and leader of players who can be as fickle as any supporter.

Yep. Robbie would have took us closer to Celtic with a few good signings.

Unlikely to have lost to PF that's for sure, this experiment has self combusted in CL face, time to put it to bed and appoint a MANAGER!!!!!

Stay. I'm sceptical he knows what he's doing off the training pitch, but it'd be unfair not to give him until the end of the season. I expect to see far better performances and some semblance of a settled side by then. 

This is and age of instant everything, media news opinion etc but football is not like that

I'm not comparing the two but imagine if Man Utd had sacked Fergie after a handful of games. He won nothing for five years but look what he was eventually allowed to build.

Jambof3tornado

Players not playing for him. He needs to bench walker who again offered nothing at all but gets away with it because he's scottish!

Players not playing for him. He needs to bench walker who again offered nothing at all but gets away with it because he's scottish!

Djoum can take a seat alongside him.

No wins against Inverness,Hibs and now Partick is not acceptable. He should go and we should get someone in with a bit of experience. I was excited about his appointment but now I've had enough as he clearly does not have it, his record at hearts will back that up. He should take craig levein with him to. It's time for Sir Paul to come home!

Emptied players who were doing a job to bring in a ridiculous number of untried players on 6 months contacts, both Cathro and Levein are culpable of gross Mis-management......

Get rid of both and appoint a MANAGER

This is and age of instant everything, media news opinion etc but football is not like that

I'm not comparing the two but imagine if Man Utd had sacked Fergie after a handful of games. He won nothing for five years but look what he was eventually allowed to build.

Fergie had taken a backwater Scottish club from nobodies to one of the best sides in Europe.

He earnt that time and patience from the Man Utd board. Cathro has no track record to say he can even manage a football team nevermind turn things around and then build on it.

Mind you, he'd probably have been bulleted these days mind so I can understand what you're getting at.

Voted stay but if results continue like this I'll probably change my mind. Was all for him and want him to succeed but have to admit to being concerned about the odd team selections and not seeming to learn from past mistakes.

Worrying I must admit.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Look, this season is ****ed anyway. Leave him be for the rest of it and let him settle in properly. Then at least if the worst comes to the worst after that then we can say that he had a decent chance in the job.

He's hardly been here two minutes. Which isn't the same as saying that he's untouchable when the football is as gash as it is. But it would be unfair to bin him now.

Cathro is in a leadership position and displays no leadership qualities. No evidence whatsoever that he ever will either.

Twice as many voting stay as go. Yet the comments suggest otherwise. Restores some faith in the silent majority theory tbh.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I vote stay because there is no point changung things between now and the end of the season. If we are still as bad at that time then the whole shooting match needs to go.

Archived