Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

queensferryjambo

Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO  

1,409 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

• We should have patience and he should STAY
    • This is a failed experiment he should GO

queensferryjambo

Just a quick gauge on the feeling of the support.

As the title states should we stick with Cathro and believe in his longer term vision OR should we admit this is a failed experiment and there is no point sticking with it?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stay until end of season at least , but by Christ things have to improve. Sacking someone after 14 or so games is madness. So far it doesn't look good at all and there are worrying signs re team selection and player positions.

Polls going to do no good. Just split the support and turn it into a shit flinging contest, not what we need.

Sit on it for a couple more games as they are two fixtures we should be able to win. If we don't, then bring it back.

I would not advocate sacking a manager so soon. As such, I voted stay.

However, so far, he has generally looked pretty ****ing clueless. I am not optimistic about his ability to turn it around, but hope he does, of course.

The guy is out of his depth and playing Sowah as a centre-half today cost us a goal after 5 minutes and left our defence exposed all game.

He can't read or change a game when his plan isn't working.

queensferryjambo

It would be ******* mental to sack someone after 10 games.

I absolutely agree. 

The poll is to get a gauge on the whole forum / supports thoughts as every thread seems to be full of Cathro out people. I would like to gauge the thoughts of everyone.

The Neilson poll I don't think every got to a majority of the forum ever wanting him out but there was a hell of a lot of posts in almost every thread about wanting him out.

Just want to get a real gauge on fans feelings.

Walter Bishop

Though not blameless Cathro not at fault here. Levein should be sacked, any chance of someone doing a poll on Levein's future??

Francis Albert

Given the choice I voted stay but I disagree with the "showing patience" bit. I am extremely impatient about seeing a few signs that the genius and his assistant have a clue about managing a football team.

I agree that Levein should go no later than the boy wonders he appointed.

Polls going to do no good. Just split the support and turn it into a shit flinging contest, not what we need.

Sit on it for a couple more games as they are two fixtures we should be able to win. If we don't, then bring it back.

Last two games were fixtures we should have been able to win!

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I've put go but I'm annoyed. I'll come back when I've called and delete my vote probably.

These polls are a bad idea after a loss

Bridge of Djoum

Though not blameless Cathro not at fault here. Levein should be sacked, any chance of someone doing a poll on Levein's future??

If you want a poll, do it yourself.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Still stay. Might as well. Nothing to play for until July. But the only way they're doing a good job is if the first principle of play is 'be shite'.

Last two games were fixtures we should have been able to win!

Yes.

But we'll know for definite if we canny beat Ross County and Hamilton.

For me its not Cathro thats the problem its Levein. 

He was supposed to bring continuity so the transfer of power between Neilson and Cathro was as painless as possible. He failed to bring in the correct players over the transfer windows and that has resulted in us not having a spine to our team (Both in practise and figuratively). This has forced a huge turnover of players placing us in the position we find ourselves in now.

Its utterly pathetic. 

Francis Albert

I've put go but I'm annoyed. I'll come back when I've called and delete my vote probably.

These polls are a bad idea after a loss

If only it was "a loss".

I absolutely agree. 

The poll is to get a gauge on the whole forum / supports thoughts as every thread seems to be full of Cathro out people. I would like to gauge the thoughts of everyone.

The Neilson poll I don't think every got to a majority of the forum ever wanting him out but there was a hell of a lot of posts in almost every thread about wanting him out.

Just want to get a real gauge on fans feelings.

I wasn't having a go at you.

I think Cathro should stay.

I think Levein leaving isn't an option but I wouldn't want him to go anyway.

Who the **** do we think we are, as Hearts fans, to expect to go three seasons without experiencing a significant period of 'turbulence' - not least after losing a manager mid-season (one who may NOT HAVE BEEN AS BAD AS SOME MORONS THOUGHT!).

We're out the cup and are not likely to qualify for Europe - but we're not getting relegated. We regroup and see what happens by the middle of next season. If we're still going backwards - big changes are required.

He has to go. The guy is miles and miles out his depth. If we don't act now we could actually wreck the boys career. He needs to go and learn his trade at lower leagues. He may become a very good manager 1 day. He may not. We're not the club to carry out that experiment.

For me its not Cathro thats the problem its Levein. 

He was supposed to bring continuity so the transfer of power between Neilson and Cathro was as painless as possible. He failed to bring in the correct players over the transfer windows and that has resulted in us not having a spine to our team (Both in practise and figuratively). This has forced a huge turnover of players placing us in the position we find ourselves in now.

Its utterly pathetic. 

You think Cathro had nothing to do with the signings?

You think Cathro had nothing to do with the signings?

No I think the players should have been there in the first place. Leveins job is to oversee the footballing side of the club. If the players weren't there when Cathro turned up thats Leveins fault. 

He has to go. The guy is miles and miles out his depth. If we don't act now we could actually wreck the boys career. He needs to go and learn his trade at lower leagues. He may become a very good manager 1 day. He may not. We're not the club to carry out that experiment.

This

Hibs gave Butcher until the end of the season, see how that one turned out!

Surely he won't do a Butcher.......

A_A wehatethehibs

It will take 2 or 3 more games of performances like that before the penny drops with the majority. Well below the effort required at a part time team let alone Hearts. Light years out of his depth, no relationship with the players. Things going too badly wrong to trust this myth of a man with our next season, we are heading for the bottom 6 like a bat out of hell.

Some men are coaches, some are managers.

Despite my extreme anger at Wednesday he should stay. It would be ludicrous to sack him at this stage given the turnover of players many of whom clearly don't give a shit. Lessons have to be learned about recruitment from the very top and they need to be learned quickly. Hearts are spunking money we can't afford because nowhere near enough due diligence is being done on foreign players. In way too many instances their character is totally lacking never mind the galling lack of ability so many have shown. In light of Neilson's comments John Murray should be binned on Monday morning. The rest of this season should only involve players who will be at Tynecastle next season. Anyone who is moving on should go train with the kids. It's been a terrible 12 months and massive improvement will be required at the start of next season when will face a string of away games.

Rudolf's Mate

It would be ******* mental to sack someone after 10 games.

This!

I'm hurting after the Hibs game and this has only compounded things however the fact remains that it would be batshit crazy to sack him.

Everyone can see the players (mostly) aren't good enough. He took a gamble on several players and it's not worked however give him the summer and next season ffs. 

He has to be given time, I think he made a big mistake not sticking with the team that beat a Rangers, why change a winning team. I was going to go to County game on Wednesday but I will be giving it a miss I'm afraid. Lucky to be in top 6 at this rate.

queensferryjambo

I wasn't having a go at you.

Yeah no problems I didn't think you were :)

The poll will hopefully stand as a true reflection of what people really think rather than who shouts the loudest in the most threads.

Oh and I agree with your whole post.

Voted Stay on the grounds that there is no point binning Cathro unless Levein goes with him and we re-structure with a manager of some experience and gravitas, which there is no chance of us getting whilst Levein is there.

a safe pair of sells

I voted for him to stay, but this Poll would be more appropriate after the last game of the season.

Archived