Scotsman at it again

Texia

It's hard to raise the stakes any further with reference to a cup derby, particularly one that needs to be settled on the night. 

But there's a feeling that Hearts are going to bound onto the relatively decent pitch with the glee of new-born lambs and then start playing like an incarnation of the Brazil team of 1970. 

There has been so much talk, some of it from within the Hearts camp itself, that playing somewhere other than Tynecastle will allow the players to express themselves in a way that they are unable to do on their own patch of rutted turf. Add this to the likelihood that Hibs will be every bit as committed as they were in the first game- perhaps more so given manager Neil Lennon's remarkably critical outburst after Saturday's 1-1 draw with Raith Rovers.

It all means Hearts, already supposed favourites due to their top-tier status, could be set up for a fall tomorrow evening.

Weird article in the Scotsman, from normal reporting of the press conference to the above section that reads like it has been plucked straight from hibs.net, a bitter, needless dig at Hearts.  

I know nothing of the reporter but that's Aidan Smith level.  

Full article: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-head-coach-ian-cathro-praises-club-s-driving-ambition-1-4371963?utm_content=buffercc46b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Stephane Grappelli

Alan Patullo, a Dundee fan and former fanzine writer.  Unfortunately he has swallowed the Hibs "warrior poet" stuff hook, line and sinker.  It's a pity because when he started out in The Scotsman I used to enjoy reading his articles.

Hope we prove to be an antithesis in the hibsmans case, wouldn't wipe my arse with it if it was going to save me from ring sting.

Did our own Don Cowie not say similar earlier.

It's now up to the players to go and prove it.

Hopefully they do and shut everyone one up!

The press are always one hit of the enter key away, from wanting us to fail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of what he says is true to be fair.

Sure, apart from this bit.

"But there?s a feeling Hearts are going to bound on to the relatively decent pitch with the glee of new-born lambs and then start playing like an incarnation of the Brazil team of 1970."

Frank Sidebottom

"But there?s a feeling Hearts are going to bound on to the relatively decent pitch with the glee of new-born lambs and then start playing like an incarnation of the Brazil team of 1970."

I would like to know where this feeling has come from and who is feeling this way.

I would like to know where this feeling has come from and who is feeling this way.

The Scotsman, Frank !

It's bullshit and best scoffed at, to be honest.

Hackney Hearts

It all means Hearts, already supposed favourites due to their top-tier status, could be set up for a fall tomorrow evening.

If that had been the last line of the article, then I'd say you had a point. In fact, it's like a hypothesis which leads in to all the Cathro quotes.

Geoff the Mince

I think we will hammer the diseases rats tomorrow

They're really starting to piss me off !

I hope we stuff them 4-0 and our right back finishes off a glorious move to smash in the 4th.

Hackney Hearts

The view that our style of play would be far better suited to the ER pitch was expressed frequently on here after the first match. Not with the OTT journalistic metaphor perhaps, but there was certainly a common feeling that the Tynecastle pitch had been a great leveller (despite not being level), in Hibs' favour.

MacDonald Jardine

The view that our style of play would be far better suited to the ER pitch was expressed frequently on here after the first match. Not with the OTT journalistic metaphor perhaps, but there was certainly a common feeling that the Tynecastle pitch had been a great leveller (despite not being level), in Hibs' favour.

There was but the Brazil reference is unbelievably obtuse.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Are you lot saying we won't be a reincarnation of that Brazil team?

******* negative arseholes

Hibs have the copyright, unfortunately.

After all, they taught the blighters how to play the game and that's why they're still mincing about the 1st Divsion.

:beatnik2:

I really hope the players are getting as pissed off with hibs and their arse kissing pals at the Scotsman and the likes as I am!

It leaves little doubt as to the writer's preferred outcome. A lot of non-Hearts fans have a keen dislike of Hearts. No big deal really. It's better to not get a complex about such things. It's what Rangers fans suffer from.

Hackney Hearts

It leaves little doubt as to the writer's preferred outcome.

I doubt he cares either way. I think he's just trying to liven up his writing.

MacDonald Jardine

It leaves little doubt as to the writer's preferred outcome. A lot of non-Hearts fans have a keen dislike of Hearts. No big deal really. It's better to not get a complex about such things. It's what Rangers fans suffer from.

In a paper such as The Scotsman it is a big deal.

PeterintheRain

In a paper such as The Scotsman it is a big deal.

When the Scotsman/evening news has lost hundreds of jobs and 90% of their sales over the last decade one would think they'd not deliberately piss off the majority of potential readers in Edinburgh?   But no. They'll go down lashed to the yoon/hobo mast.

Pattullo - I suppose he might be a Dundee supporter through where he grew up? I'm not entirely convinced. I remember his piece about two weeks after rangers went bust telling us all to behave and see their demise as bad for us all. Stop laughing, he told us.

According to my phone Hibs are warm favourites. Good news for me. I stand to make a tidy wee sum. Invested $100 earlier today for $300 payout tomorrow.

Seymour M Hersh

When the Scotsman/evening news has lost hundreds of jobs and 90% of their sales over the last decade one would think they'd not deliberately piss off the majority of potential readers in Edinburgh?   But no. They'll go down lashed to the yoon/hobo mast.

Ironic since the area around fester road was the most indy minded area in the town with stickers and flags in most windows. 

The best way for us to shut these clowns up is for to comprehensively beat the vermin tonight. We always get an upturn in this sort of nonsense when they get above themselves and their acolytes in the press start to fawn on them.

According to my phone Hibs are warm favourites. Good news for me. I stand to make a tidy wee sum. Invested $100 earlier today for $300 payout tomorrow.

:2thumbsup:  :2thumbsup:

Cant really disagree with what he's said to be honest.

I said similar earlier in the week (without the daft brazil reference granted) - there's been a lot of talk on here that suggests we've got this in the bag purely on the back of playing on a better pitch.

The pitch in the first tie defo played its part - that's a given. But if anyone at this club thinks we can just swagger up to ER tonight and win the game by grace of a nice playing surface, we're likely to get bit in the backside.

Its a cup replay with a lot on the line. Silky football wont win the match tonight - winning the 'battle' will.

Cant really disagree with what he's said to be honest.

I said similar earlier in the week (without the daft brazil reference granted) - there's been a lot of talk on here that suggests we've got this in the bag purely on the back of playing on a better pitch.

The pitch in the first tie defo played its part - that's a given. But if anyone at this club thinks we can just swagger up to ER tonight and win the game by grace of a nice playing surface, we're likely to get bit in the backside.

Its a cup replay with a lot on the line. Silky football wont win the match tonight - winning the 'battle' will.

This. Hibs style can effect the outcome. They will probably play the way they did at Tynecastle. We need to be ready for that and react accordingly. By all means play good football, but be prepared to dig in and go man to man if required.

letsalldothebeattie

Let the papers spout what ever pish they want to. We need to do our talking on the pitch tonight it's as simple as that

john brownlee

The pitch was the same for both teams. H1b5 played their usual, kick lumps out of key players and lob the ball to the rockhopper hopping for a miracle which never materialised.

They will do the same again, it's the lennon way. He seen how it worked last season and is preparing his team that way.

Cathro has to combat that, he had a dress rehearsal last Saturday. With a bit of luck has learned from the two games. This time a draw is not good enough. IMO we have nothing to lose, we must go guns blazing and stop this fannying around the back.

Getting back to hobsman who actually reads it, it use to be for stockbrokers and office workers, with no intrest in football and written accordingly. Like then as now I completely ignore it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Patullo is NOT a journalist!!!

Like the majority of the MSM, he is an "Opinionist" - there is not a story here, it's an opinion piece.

siegementality

It's up to Hearts to write the story for them. If it ends up being an "I told you so" story than that - in the main - will have been down to us.

If Hearts "play" we win, it's that simple, if we don't then we may lose. I am confident we will do our talking on the pitch and progress.

The Evening News refers to our manager, repeatedly by his surname only. Their manager on t'other hand is lovingly called "Lenny" that tells you where that toilet paper rags sympathies lie. They desperately want us to fail. Let's not.

"But there?s a feeling Hearts are going to bound on to the relatively decent pitch with the glee of new-born lambs and then start playing like an incarnation of the Brazil team of 1970."[/size]

Ironic for the h1b5man rag to make an irrational claim about us thinking we will play like Brazil when they are constantly and consistently always spouting out these diatribe claims about their beloved h1b5 and their mythical style of play......

...a bit disco

On the other hand (ish)...

Esmael Goncalves interview: "Hibs are aggressive but they don't play good football." http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/esmael-goncalves-hibs-can-fight-but-hearts-aren-t-scared-1-4372568 ? #HMFC #Live

Stephen Elliott (with 5 wins and a draw in his 6 games v Hibs) calls on Hearts to reassert their derby authority http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/stephen-elliott-hearts-must-rediscover-dominance-over-hibs-1-4372677 ?

Jambo, Goodbye

Why does anybody still read this *****? As bad as that other hobbit rag. Ignore and stay happy :)

Christ knows, same goes for the zoomers who still watch Sportscene.

Either team can win this match I simply hope and even expect Hearts to do so. 

IF not, it will be seen

also as a tick up for Lennon's management of his team over Cathro's of ours. 

I dont want to

face that little chestnut. 

5 goals - Hearts   3-2     IMHO. 

The best way for us to shut these clowns up is for to comprehensively beat the vermin tonight. We always get an upturn in this sort of nonsense when they get above themselves and their acolytes in the press start to fawn on them.

Correct. Let's ragdoll them until they are pleading for mercy. We show none.

Article has nothing on anything written by Aidan 'slip a 7-0 reference into every story' Smith. 

I used to quite like Pattullo and I still think he's OK for the most part, but the bit about the 1970 Brazil team is both weird and completely unsubstantiated. It's a really bizarre thing to have written.

Most of what he says is true to be fair.

Apart from his main point that Hearts are favourites.

The fact that Hibs are favourites doesn't fit with his agenda so he makes it up.

We do need to sort them out tonight, as opposed to getting kicked around.

Their park will help with our runs and passes

and must be good for the likes of Walker and Sam.  We have a wealth of talent , when it is pulling together. 

I used to quite like Pattullo and I still think he's OK for the most part, but the bit about the 1970 Brazil team is both weird and completely unsubstantiated. It's a really bizarre thing to have written.

Maybe Pattullo didn't write this section of the article.

Does seem out of context and not in his style of writing.

Maybe one of the editors and/or journalists that have h1b5 agenda's and spout h1b5 propaganda at every opportunity actually inserted this section to his article..........

Don't like the way our players (Cowie and Goncalves) are writing the Hibs team talk for them. Think its gonna come back to bite us. We need to put our talk into action!

It does seem like we've been saying a better pitch would suit us so the Scotmans writer is correct.

Hibs are no longer the supposed "flair" side that they have claimed to be over the years. The are much more physical and will attempt to win at all costs, not so sure we have the fight and determination instilled in this new side as yet.

Archived