Arnaud Djoum wants to leave Hearts says the sun

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

the sun trying to unsettle Hearts I think by writing a fake news story that  Arnaud Djoum wants to leave hearts !

but if you read what he is meant to have said he said that if he plays well a bigger team might come in for him nowhere does he say is asking to leave looks like the Sun is trying it on before the Hibs game !!!!!

?Hearts are a good team in Scotland who play good football.

?At Cameroon we try to play football on the ground and it?s the same at Hearts.

?We are well positioned again this season ? we are trying to be the best team after Celtic, along with Rangers.

?I hope to have another good season and by June, take a step towards a better club.

?I see my style as a box to box midfielder like Paul Pogba and Yaya Toure. I am a midfielder who attacks and defends. I like to show my attacking contribution.

?And I have a really important role at my club.?

this is what I have been saying for a while now - too many players are just using us as a stepping stone - they couldn't care less about us as a club/fans

alwaysthereinspirit

the sun trying to unsettle Hearts I think by writing a fake news story that  Arnaud Djoum wants to leave hearts !

but if you read what he is meant to have said he said that if he plays well a bigger team might come in for him nowhere does he say is asking to leave looks like the Sun is trying it on before the Hibs game !!!!!

Every player in Scotland would want that eventually. Except Scott Brown.

avhudtheteeshirt

Very unusual for a National Newspaper to start rumours just before a big game?

I think all they are doing is to inform Hearts fans of some underlying non-existent problem that may cause concern!!!!!

Didn't he drop this 'bombshell' at the start of the season in the Record?

We'd have a really shite team if the the most ambitious our players were was to stay at Hearts forever.

Seems to fit the model we want to follow though- bring in people/develop younger players, build them up and give them an opportunity, cash in, repeat. Don't see anything massively wrong with that and really cashing in on him in the summer when his stock is high (AFCON winner, experience in Europe, goals and assists) wouldn't be a terrible idea- he's an important player but we would find a replacement

All roads lead to Gorgie

A very good player but I am sure with our contacts we can find an equally good player if needs must !

Two seasons is what we can expect from our top players from now on.

African Cup of Nations winner.

If he does move on, the price better be right.  Upwards of ?1.5 Million or GTF.

Didn't he drop this 'bombshell' at the start of the season in the Record?

We'd have a really shite team if the the most ambitious our players were was to stay at Hearts forever.

Its more the way that folk are so open about it that bugs me. Its common place now just to refer to Hearts as a stepping stone to better things and that doesn't sit well with me at all.

I've no problem with players wanting to go as far as they can in their careers, but compare the current breed of 'yeah i'm playing for hearts with a view to being signed to the EPL' type statement with say the likes of Craig Gordon - someone who wanted to go as far as he could in his career, but was very much focussed on being a Hearts player, never making any references to stepping stones or moving on to better things.

When Gordon was good enough, the move happened. He didn't need to publicise the fact he was on the lookout.

?We are well positioned again this season ? we are trying to be the best team after Celtic, along with Rangers.

?I hope to have another good season and by June, take a step towards a better club.

?I see my style as a box to box midfielder like Paul Pogba and Yaya Toure. I am a midfielder who attacks and defends. I like to show my attacking contribution.

this is what I have been saying for a while now - too many players are just using us as a stepping stone - they couldn't care less about us as a club/fans

That's the entire vision of the club.

Budge, Levein and FoH have all said that Hearts will be a development club and a selling club who bring in players from outside or train youth players in-house, polish them up then sell them at a profit. 

This plan included the coaching staff and managers.

This has been widely publicised for at least two years and the fans will have to accept that players will be at Hearts for 1-2 years max.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Bigger club would have been a better use of words but I suspect they were written by a Sun journo !

The daily record published the exact same headline in Sept 16. Embarrassing but we should really not let our players talk to weegie press. Banderson and co - fine, anyone else no.

Lucille's Thirsty

AFCON Winner,

We should be holding out for ?2m+ and I believe that's what we will get surely he will attract some interest from Chinese Clubs.

The Sun is a disgusting rag, the worst of the worst.

Djoum said the same when he came here that he wanted to play at Hearts and win himself a move to England or a bigger club abroad. He Isn't being disrespectful like the Sun is trying to twist it to be.

Either way I think due to his performances here and with Cameroon at the ACN that there will be clubs interested in the summer and we will receive well over ?1million for him.

Even players go to the likes of Ajax, PSV, Anderlecht Porto, Benfica etc... with a view to moving to a bigger club. It's how football works these days.

There is only one quote in that article..

" and I have very important role at the club "

Rest is paper talk .. you can only attribute open and closed quotes to what he actually said.

Would be extremely disappointed in him if Hearts and the SPFL were the height of his ambitions.

In fact there is not one player (OF included, apart from Scott Brown and Lee Wallace) who wouldn't want to play in a better league than ours.

Decent player. Needs to start by making a statement tomorrow night. Won't look too great if he's part of a midfield dominated by a Championship side.

Its more the way that folk are so open about it that bugs me. Its common place now just to refer to Hearts as a stepping stone to better things and that doesn't sit well with me at all.

I've no problem with players wanting to go as far as they can in their careers, but compare the current breed of 'yeah i'm playing for hearts with a view to being signed to the EPL' type statement with say the likes of Craig Gordon - someone who wanted to go as far as he could in his career, but was very much focussed on being a Hearts player, never making any references to stepping stones or moving on to better things.

When Gordon was good enough, the move happened. He didn't need to publicise the fact he was on the lookout.

agree....I think this subject was spoken about on a thread a few weeks ago.

He's not played two full seasons and it's about how he wants to move!(I know his words are more likely to have been twisted though)

Of course the game is about ambition but there's a fine line between the focus of your own aims and the commitment to the club you are currently playing with.

I think players can get it in their own heads too much about where they'll end up.

The football landscape has changed but maybe that's why it's even more important to have a strong managerial set-up to harness the commitment to the right level in the short time players stay at a club? You look at the Hearts team just now and the amount of short term deals.

Unless the player himself has a huge amount of professional pride, who's focusing them properly? I suppose this is another element to the modern game.

boy_in_maroon

AFCON Winner,

We should be holding out for ?2m+ and I believe that's what we will get surely he will attract some interest from Chinese Clubs.

Very much agree,  although I'd say circa ?3million  is decently fair.  if he was playing in England his value would be well above the silly quotation mark

That's the entire vision of the club.

Budge, Levein and FoH have all said that Hearts will be a development club and a selling club who bring in players from outside or train youth players in-house, polish them up then sell them at a profit. 

This plan included the coaching staff and managers.

This has been widely publicised for at least two years and the fans will have to accept that players will be at Hearts for 1-2 years max.

This has always been clear.

I would rather be *used" by players who want to do well and progress than play journey men who want to take it easy and pick up a pay cheque for a few years.

fabienleclerq

This is how we are selling the club to players, come here do well for us get a big move. That rag shit stirring is nothing new.

Well im flabbergasted that you have picked a negative spin on this and don't know the operating model that the club has spoken about on numerous occasions.

You can't fault the players for such a stance, when our own DoF said that is what we will be.

agree....I think this subject was spoken about on a thread a few weeks ago.

He's not played two full seasons and it's about how he wants to move!(I know his words are more likely to have been twisted though)

Of course the game is about ambition but there's a fine line between the focus of your own aims and the commitment to the club you are currently playing with.

I think players can get it in their own heads too much about where they'll end up.

The football landscape has changed but maybe that's why it's even more important to have a strong managerial set-up to harness the commitment to the right level in the short time players stay at a club? You look at the Hearts team just now and the amount of short term deals.

Unless the player himself has a huge amount of professional pride, who's focusing them properly? I suppose this is another element to the modern game.

Yup. I don't think its a Hearts specific problem - its just yet another horrible symptom of the effect of the modern game.

Juanma was the same if I remember right, don't think he'd even kicked a ball for us before he was rambling on about where he was going to end up.

Striving to play for Hearts, and become an iconic Hearts player or someone who carves their place in the history of our club doesn't show a lack of ambition whatsoever like some folk seem to be suggesting. Its about living in the hear and now and being level headed enough to know that if you're good enough, and you put in the effort - doors might open.

Like I say, it doesn't sit well with me at all. Just another reason why my love for the game is dwindling more and more each year.

You can't fault the players for such a stance, when our own DoF said that is what we will be.

Like I say, i'm well aware that we've said we will be a 'selling club' or whatever we want to call it.

That doesn't mean I have to like it.

Would be extremely disappointed in him if Hearts and the SPFL were the height of his ambitions.

In fact there is not one player (OF included, apart from Scott Brown and Lee Wallace) who wouldn't want to play in a better league than ours.

Absolutely this. Players need to have ambitions to play at the highest level. I'm only bothered if he stops giving 100%

It's in the Record so who cares.

He shouldn'the have used the word better in relation to the club. Instead bigger or better in relation to the league would be less controversial.

He shouldn'the have used the word better in relation to the club. Instead bigger or better in relation to the league would be less controversial.

It doesn't matter. We know the context in which he was speaking.

If he wants a big money move then as long as he keeps putting in the performance to match that I have no issues with it this club was here before and will be here long after arnaud djoum

Maybe he didn't. I'm guessing his interview wasn't in English, and something may have been lost in translation.

Expert on the subject

This stepping stone talk is nonsense , who wouldn?t want a job with better money and conditions,

Meanwhile Djoum loves it here and does his best .

Rudi once left in similar circumstances with a winners medal as did Robbo many years ago

We don?t complain when the likes of Souter come to us , it is what it is

Hearts are a big club, so worthless acts like the S*n will post articles like this because folk will click the link and they get ad revenue

Exactly

Yup. I don't think its a Hearts specific problem - its just yet another horrible symptom of the effect of the modern game.

Juanma was the same if I remember right, don't think he'd even kicked a ball for us before he was rambling on about where he was going to end up.

Striving to play for Hearts, and become an iconic Hearts player or someone who carves their place in the history of our club doesn't show a lack of ambition whatsoever like some folk seem to be suggesting. Its about living in the hear and now and being level headed enough to know that if you're good enough, and you put in the effort - doors might open.

Like I say, it doesn't sit well with me at all. Just another reason why my love for the game is dwindling more and more each year.

This

All the players care about is earning more money elsewhere and just use us to get there.  If they lose a game, they probably forget about it an hour later

Well im flabbergasted that you have picked a negative spin on this and don't know the operating model that the club has spoken about on numerous occasions.

I'm not the only one who thinks this

Archived