Moving house essentials

zoltan socrates

zoltan socrates

So, moving out of the burgh to the ferry.

Currently use virgins top broadband which aint availible in SQ, options are bt, sky, talk talk

Anyone got experience of these? Had bt years ago but couldn't stand the customer service, much prefer an adviser to have a decent handle on the english language, but would go back if no other option. Are sky decent for bb? Are talk talk?

Help me out here jkb

sky is shit. 

i had to get one of these wifi boosters to make it stronger.

but i agree with you bt customer service is shocking

Been with talktalk for 8 odd years, never had any problems with them. Bt on the other hand were a joke to deal with, as was the broadband.

My mate keeps a list of essential Argos codes for when his birsds kick him out.

Saves time looking up the catalogue.

I could get you a copy.

zoltan socrates

My mate keeps a list of essential Argos codes for when his birsds kick him out.

Saves time looking up the catalogue.

I could get you a copy.

Mortgage is in my name only, cheers all the same

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Talk talk, BT and SKY are all pretty shit for Internet unless you go fiber. I had sky and was getting 2mb and I'm around 2.5 miles from the exchange. I've heard mixed reviews about sky fiber, weak signal strength and it dies for hours at a time are what I hear most from people at work. I had talk talk years ago and lasted a year then got shot of them. My bills would never be the price I was ment to pay and I found the customer service pretty poor for any tech faults.

From my own experience,I found talktalk absolutely shite. Sky weren't much better and I don't have a clue about BT.

As Graygo says,go with the cheapest.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Used bt customer service once, on a web chat, they were excellent.

Never had an issue with them. My mum's with talk talk and they're OK, but quite often the service is down.

I had Sky upto 20Mb. Got 10Mb due to my distance from the exchange. The connection was solid, no problems.

After the local cabinet thing got fibre enabled I switched to BT infinity 2 upto 75Mb . Get 70Mb, again solid with no problems.

In the middle of buying a house in the Ferry (South) myself and all going well will be getting the keys in about a month so very interested to read the replies on this thread!

I had sky at a previous flat in leith and other than having to turn the router off and on a couple of times when it randomly died then had no problems and would use them again. No experience with the others.

Edit: Any general Ferry advice welcomed as well!

zoltan socrates

In the middle of buying a house in the Ferry (South) myself and all going well will be getting the keys in about a month so very interested to read the replies on this thread!

I had sky at a previous flat in leith and other than having to turn the router off and on a couple of times when it randomly died then had no problems and would use them again. No experience with the others.

Edit: Any general Ferry advice welcomed as well!

Looks like the ferry is getting at least four new jambos at the same time, good luck with the move

Dean Winchester

They'll all be on the Openreach network so as has been said use the cheapest.

Also, I still have a few Sky Q friends and family codes for the full TV package at ?35/month for 18 months if you want one. Give me a PM.

Bridge of Djoum

So, moving out of the burgh to the ferry.

Currently use virgins top broadband which aint availible in SQ, options are bt, sky, talk talk

Anyone got experience of these? Had bt years ago but couldn't stand the customer service, much prefer an adviser to have a decent handle on the english language, but would go back if no other option. Are sky decent for bb? Are talk talk?

Help me out here jkb

Any chance you could not get internet access in your new place and give us a break from your pish?

zoltan socrates

Any chance you could not get internet access in your new place and give us a break from your pish?

Aye no problem, as soon as you crawl back up that rectum of yours and give us all a break from yours

luckyBatistuta

As Irufushi said...no need. The guy asked a reasonable question and you come on to the thread just to abuse him, saying he talks pish. Not a good advert for your posting style, is it.

As for the op's question. I've been round them all and as another poster said, they are all shit in one way and another. I'm with BT at the moment and having no problems, but pretty certain that won't continue.

We've just changed from talk talk regular broadband to bt fibre. Goes in on the 6th. Do they simply change or do we have to tell talk talk?

I think BT has to tell TalkTalk - Virgin did it when we moved to them from BT

Got a "sorry you're leaving" letter through from TalkTalk this morning so seems to be the case. [emoji106]

Archived