***Official Hibs v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Let's face it, we're all hoping that last week was all about setting up the money spinning replay and that we'll batter them 8-0 this time. Meanwhile back in the real world, it'll be a tough game but we'll have enough to win as long as we play better than last time. Especially our strikers.

Any win will do. I'll go 1-0 to us, Goncalves midway through the second half.

Win and season still has some meaning

Lose and Cathro and the management team will probably suffer the same fate Robbie and and Co did. They will never be forgiven

Edit to add... I am not one of the later. Just pointing out how important winning this will be to his tenure.

My fear is that too many folk seem to think we're going to win this purely by virtue of a better pitch at Easter Road.

We must not fall in to that trap. Better pitch or otherwise, we're going to need to have a team who are right up for this and aren't afraid to go there and win by any means necessary.

The 'it'll be fine, we'll rock up there to their pristine pitch and brush them aside whilst playing some beautiful football' theory doesn't really wash with me.

Go there and absolutely batter them please. Whatever it takes to get the job done.

letsalldothebeattie

I think it's going to be another tough game both sides will be fired up for it. Given ER is a sell out the atmosphere should be electric and give both sets of players the lift to perform.

I'm going to say we are going to edge it 1-0 or 2-1 and it's not going to be won til very late on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0-0 Hibs winning on penalties.

ha that would be Armageddon on here!

Think we will manage to win in extra time though

We_are_the_Hearts

I think it's going to be another tough game both sides will be fired up for it. Given ER is a sell out the atmosphere should be electric and give both sets of players the lift to perform.

I'm going to say we are going to edge it 1-0 or 2-1 and it's not going to be won til very late on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it completely SOLD OUT?

Bazzas right boot

Title, tsk tsk. Heart of Midlothian.

Anyhoo.

3-1 us

Or

1-1 and penalties.

If we can feckin score first we can control the game and play our way.

They offered very little at Tynecastle, we need to ensure 100% effort and be clinical. Nae missing penalty's if given the chance.

August Landmesser

2-1 JTs, Isma & Djoum. Bartley to be sent off, but to take his time leaving the pitch, as he just likes staying (in the best Hibs tradition).

Also, if we get a penalty, give it to Isma and he can put the laces through it. No more of this side-footing malarkey...

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I wasn't particularly confident ahead of last Sunday, and I can't say I'm particularly confident now. As has been previously stated, we need to make sure we are completely up for this game. The players need to show they understand what a cup Derby means, and need to be ready to get stuck in.

We do that, we'll win. I fear we'll start slowly again. If we do I can't see us coming away happy.

Hibs 1 - 0 Hearts.

Can see it being largely the same as last year. A bit of a battle rather than a football game.

Walter Bishop, on 20 Feb 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Sadly after last two showings i cant see anything other than a defeat.  :thumbsdown:

Hobos hardly blowing teams away in fact last few league results and performances been dross

Hobos hardly blowing teams away in fact last few league results and performances been dross

Based on the last few meetings they seem to raise their game when playing us.

Kinda like we used to in years gone by.

TheOak88, on 20 Feb 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

Based on the last few meetings they seem to raise their game when playing us.

Kinda like we used to in years gone by.

Be surprised if they score

The first goal is crucial. 

If Hibs get it, they'll sit back and Hearts will struggle to break them down - as shown by our last two games. 

If we get it, Hibs have to come out and actually try to play football which will work in Hearts' advantage. 

If the Hearts who leathered Rangers turn up we'll win. If the Hearts who struggled v the vermin last time turn up we're in bother

Why the negativity? The last 2 games have been played on WW1 no-mans land and we have a far superior squad. They have struggled against championship teams (as have we) but I feel we have the better potential. Let's try not to let this one become a battle again.

mullen13, on 20 Feb 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Why the negativity? The last 2 games have been played on WW1 no-mans land and we have a far superior squad. They have struggled against championship teams (as have we) but I feel we have the better potential. Let's try not to let this one become a battle again.

yep don't think I can remember folk being so negative against that shower..their choice though

If you have seen us play, (apart from the Rangers game) recently we have not been doing all that great.   No urgency from the players - they will just see this as another game.   This time last year, many of them had probably never heard of Hearts!

Hope I am wrong, but can see this being another struggle

Well if we have this attitude in the stand instead of raising the roof and showing them who is boss then we will get beat yes.

Here is how I see this for what it?s worth ? I can?t be bothered with the usual abuse so lay off please, I have a right to my opinion like everyone else.

• I just don?t see how this game will be much different to the home tie apart from the state of the pitch. 
  • Lennon will have his team fired up and they will stick to the game plan ? stop us playing.
  • Our derby inexperience on the pitch and in the dugout will be exposed yet again.
  • Quality will not come into this game (if it did then we would win hands down).
  • A 1 nil victory either way, but my gut tells me to the home team.

GorgieRules22

Be interesting to find out how many of the guys that are tipping us for defeat are actually going to the game ?

I'll be there and as usual buzzing for it, 2-0 Hearts, Goncalves and Walker.

Here is how I see this for what it?s worth ? I can?t be bothered with the usual abuse so lay off please, I have a right to my opinion like everyone else.

• I just don?t see how this game will be much different to the home tie apart from the state of the pitch. 
  • Lennon will have his team fired up and they will stick to the game plan ? stop us playing.
  • Our derby inexperience on the pitch and in the dugout will be exposed yet again.
  • Quality will not come into this game (if it did then we would win hands down).
  • A 1 nil victory either way, but my gut tells me to the home team.

Agree with you!

It will be very close again

Ignore the internet bullies if anyone gives you abuse

expect us to be disposed of quite easily we don't have what it takes in important games against lesser league teams that put the frighteners on us.

This could really go either way and will be very close, Hibs will be fired up for it as they don't want their cup taken away, especially by us. Like the first game it won't be pretty but although the first game was crap we were the only team who looked like we might score and had the best chances so I think we'll scrape through this time, 2-1!

GorgieRules22

expect us to be disposed of quite easily we don't have what it takes in important games against lesser league teams that put the frighteners on us.

What a load of rubbish.

Like others have said the first goal will be really important. We'll edge it 2-1 with Hibs going all out at end but we manage to hold on. 

Another turgid affair, with little between the teams apart from a Goncalves wonder goal.

We are winning this

No doubt

HHGH

Were you at the first game on the 12th Feb?

What makes you so sure we will win this time?  I hope we do ofcourse, but don't think anyone can say we will without any doubt!!

One-off match likely to be decided on a piece of individual magic or a horrible mistake. I think we have more players who are likely to produce the bit of magic but do worry that our goalie is the one most likely to make that horrible mistake. Hope not though.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Be interesting to find out how many of the guys that are tipping us for defeat are actually going to the game ?

I'll be there and as usual buzzing for it, 2-0 Hearts, Goncalves and Walker.

The poster above you? probably not.

Archived