PERISCOPE FOR WEDNESDAY

j1964m

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We Can But Worry

Thanks for tonight ;) now that I am following you will it just pop up if I click on you tonight ?

Pretty sure you will receive an alert on your phone when I start going live, just as the teams are coming out.

Regal Kingston

For those decent enough to film - buy two cheap beanie hats.

Wear one and put your phone in it then roll it up so it's just the camera end sticking out.

Put another one (preferably tighter) then cut a hole where the camera is.

If you have a Fitbit/Apple Watch etc get somebody to text you should the feed fail.

Sit back and enjoy the game and your arms won't feel the pain.

Perfect!

I will be streaming the game live on periscope tonight folks from upper tier of the Dunbar End.  I will have a phone charging case with me in case it goes to extra time and penalties - not sure how much of my 6GB data will get used though!

Anyway, add me as a follower on periscope - @rabpurves70

Cheers

You should be good, according to this article it's around 6mb a minute... so quite easily under a gb.

https://www.krishna.me/2016/data-for-live-streaming-to-periscope-and-facebook-live/

scott herbertson

For those decent enough to film - buy two cheap beanie hats.

Wear one and put your phone in it then roll it up so it's just the camera end sticking out.

Put another one (preferably tighter) then cut a hole where the camera is.

If you have a Fitbit/Apple Watch etc get somebody to text you should the feed fail.

Sit back and enjoy the game and your arms won't feel the pain.

Perfect!

BluePeter meets Kickback

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkCbjgjJpSY9vJ3SuzVFBP5wSIROM7JkvqdpZGPRDHynJCV1ORNg

I will be streaming the game live on periscope tonight folks from upper tier of the Dunbar End.  I will have a phone charging case with me in case it goes to extra time and penalties - not sure how much of my 6GB data will get used though!

Cheers

Brilliant - top man!

Is the game on TV?

:jjyay:

Pretty sure you will receive an alert on your phone when I start going live, just as the teams are coming out.

Cheers Rab - appreciated from Belgium

Is the game on TV?

:jjyay:

Now now, but peebles comes to mind.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Very much hit and miss but I've watched one or two from Easter road and the quality has been exceptional (for what it is)

I'm sure I read somewhere the more viewer's a stream gets the more bandwidth is allocated. That could possibly explain it.

Anyway hope everyone gets a decent picture. Couldn't imagine missing a derby.

Lincon Premier

Really hope I can get this to work. Being disabled I can't get to matches these days and miss it. Not great with the new technology and don't understand Kodi and such ,this periscope is voodoo witchcraft. Got Sportsmania and watch the club feeds, but obviously not tonight

Cheers

Top man, cheers fella

Really hope I can get this to work. Being disabled I can't get to matches these days and miss it. Not great with the new technology and don't understand Kodi and such ,this periscope is voodoo witchcraft. Got Sportsmania and watch the club feeds, but obviously not tonight

https://www.periscop...0/1OwxWpVyBdRKQ

use this link mate

We Can But Worry

All about getting a parking space around 6.50, hopefully royal terrace or nearby.  I will go live at 7.40 sharp.

We Can But Worry

Game also being periscoped tonight by these guys seemingly.

Scooter1979

Markp1875

HibeesScope

Think they are all Hibs feeds from the home end but might be better pictures if taken from a more central point than me.  But my banter will be better 8-)

Shooter McGavin

Don't understand how anyone can stand and film an entire game on their phone but in this case I really appreciate them!

We Can But Worry

Don't understand how anyone can stand and film an entire game on their phone but in this case I really appreciate them!

I have 15 mates with me who hopefully will take their turn!

We Can But Worry

It's around 6MB per minute https://www.krishna.me/2016/data-for-live-streaming-to-periscope-and-facebook-live/

The biggest concern for Rab will be the 3/4g connection and congestion on the network given the number of people in such a small area.

Someone else said 6MB a minute earlier so that will be superb if so.  Hopefully under 2GB if we tuck them away.  Can even video the 10/15 minutes of celebrations at full time!

I'm with Vodafone so hopefully my 4g will kick in!

Rudolf's Mate

Think they are all Hibs feeds from the home end but might be better pictures if taken from a more central point than me. But my banter will be better 8-)

Could be worth having a peep if we score though [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maroonlegions

Absolutely no pressure on Rab the night then  :look:

Aye, if it starts going tits up a meltdown is likely or if he get too peshed before the game.. :laugh4:

Nae customer service to go nuts at either.  :laugh4:

Game also being periscoped tonight by these guys seemingly.

Scooter1979

Markp1875

HibeesScope

These will cease broadcasting around 8pm :furious3:

Last year I used the map function of periscope to zoom in on Easter road and choose a stream.

Home fan had a cracking view from the main stand

Stephen Muddie

Dinnae worry, if you can't make the game, you'll be able to enjoy it on the TV with a few beers, all will feel better.

Got ticket bud u?

:cool_shades:

****thehibs

That-Day-In-May

I've been doing some snooping and there's three vermin streams for tonight, all I'm thinking is if their in one of the other stands view could be better. Audio off though, unless we're winning and there's more moments like "**** off ya f*****g animals" :-D

Hibeescope

Scooter1979

Markp1875

Mon the Hearts!!!!!

I will be streaming the game live on periscope tonight folks from upper tier of the Dunbar End. I will have a phone charging case with me in case it goes to extra time and penalties - not sure how much of my 6GB data will get used though!

Cheers

Cheers Rab - Will be watching the game in Legends bar New York. The manager has allocated a screen to the left of the downstairs bar for the Hearts v Hibs game and he will hopefully be able to project your stream up onto it.

I will be streaming the game live on periscope tonight folks from upper tier of the Dunbar End. I will have a phone charging case with me in case it goes to extra time and penalties - not sure how much of my 6GB data will get used though!

Cheers

Hero. Hope someone let's you use a mobile hotshot if you start running out of data :thumbsup:

Riddley Walker

Cheers Rab - Will be watching the game in Legends bar New York. The manager has allocated a screen to the left of the downstairs bar for the Hearts v Hibs game and he will hopefully be able to project your stream up onto it.

:lol:

Rab's going global. No pressure at all.

Good man! Somebody mentioned hearts facebook page admin doing a feed too on FB perhaps, what page is that? Just incase any problems from this guy. Touch wood!

We Can But Worry

sorry, not reading 4 pages of this. How do I view periscope please? Is it an app?

Download the app to your phone - red white and blue icon.  search people - rabpurves70.  Follow me and it should alert you when I go live at 7.40.

Archived