Pick your team and tactics for Easter Rd.

Elias Henry Furst

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elias Henry Furst

I've heard Cowie and Johnsen are toiling. Unsure if theyre to be given late tests..if that's true do we play Currie with 2 up, bring back in for Sam, I doubt Choulay done enough to feature....or pack the midfield and let Walker support Goncalves

Usual gk and back 4

Martin Kitchen tziolis Djoum Walker

Goncalves

Hamilton

Struna Avlonitis Hughes Sowah

Walker Tziolis Kitchen Nicholson

Djoum 

Goncalves

How are we thinking they might line up? Player v player who would you expect to win the battles?

White shorts

this. I want everything psychologically to be right , no matter how small the issue.

Hearts running out with the floodlights gleaming on the white shorts distinguishing the menacing deep maroon shirts and socks.

To be honest, don't like the all maroon one bit. It's not Hearts.(it is but you know what I mean :D)

Alexander

Paterson

Augustyn

Rossi

McGhee

Cowie

Sutchuin-Djoum

Pallardo

Walker

Dauda

Juanma

Substitutes

Nicholson

Hamilton

Oshaniwa

Reilly

Souttar

Beith

Zanatta

That was our team/squad for the last derby at ER. No wonder we lost.

We now have a wealth of options compared to that team.

Prince Buaben

Hamilton

Djoum 

Goncalves

How are we thinking they might line up? Player v player who would you expect to win the battles?

Cant imagine it will change much from last Sunday

Marciano

Gray Fontaine McGregor Stevenson

Bartley

Fyvie McGinn

Keatings

Cummings Holt

Could play Graham instead of Holt..

No width there at all. Vital Walker/Nicholson/Choulay(Sowah& Struna) strech them. Force Fyvie and McGinn wide to cover and create space in the middle for Djoum/Cowie/Kitchen/Tzios.

Hamilton

Djoum 

Goncalves

This but maybe with Rheras for Sowah. Hopefully Sam has regained his fitness and spark. Going wide and taking it to their fullbacks could win it for us. 

Hamilton

Djoum 

Goncalves

Probably what I'd go for too. Not at all keen on the idea of Currie starting. I like him and wouldn't mind seeing him from the bench depending on how the game goes, but I can see the game passing him by if he starts.  

I also don't think we need two up top if Djoum can support Isma, which neither Martin or Cowie did in the first game. Playing two up top also means Djoum either has to play wide, which I never like, or as one of the midfield two, and I don't think he's physical enough to win that battle. Kitchen and Tziolis together is a must for me.

Personally I reckon Hibs will probably go with a similar system to the first game, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if Boyle or Humphrey started for a bit more width & pace. If it is the same team as the first game, the midfield will be packed and their full-backs will provide the width, so we have to win those areas.

We_are_the_Hearts

Hamilton

Tziolis Kitchen 

Djoum Martin Walker

Goncalves

We need someone to be in the area that Bartley had free reign over in the first game. Someone on the hole behind the forwards.

We also need two up front to occupy defenders and allow our forwards to hold the ball up.

Formation 1-8-1

We have lost the midfield battles in the derbies of recent times, so I think this might solve our problem

Hamilton

Hughes

Struna Avlonitis Tziolis Kitchen  Sowah  Djoum Martin Walker 

Goncalves

:peepwall:

Cowie is a big loss his running off the ball will be missed and it means we might start Sam or Choulay who I've no confidence in away from home. 

rudi must stay

Cowie is a big loss his running off the ball will be missed and it means we might start Sam or Choulay who I've no confidence in away from home.

Cowie was rolled out for the press conference. Could well play

One thing is for sure the hearts team know what to expect in in terms of the physical nature of hibs so there should no excuses for not trying to match that.

If he's fit I'd like to see him play. We need as much experience and as many competitors in the team as possible.

Surprised folk want Cowie in. He has 1 good game in 10 and totally hid in the last derby. Would much rather have Perry in there so he can battle.

Surprised folk want Cowie in. He has 1 good game in 10 and totally hid in the last derby. Would much rather have Perry in there so he can battle.

I'd like both in. Kitchen is definitely the priority, but I'd be quite happy to see Cowie play ahead of Choulay, Nicholson or Martin. Not got much faith in any of those three.

Prince Buaben

I read that as 'Cowie was rolled out of the Press Conference'

Didnt think his injury was that bad 

I'd like both in. Kitchen is definitely the priority, but I'd be quite happy to see Cowie play ahead of Choulay, Nicholson or Martin. Not got much faith in any of those three.

We could play Tziolis, Kitchen, Djoum as the midfield then a forward 3.

We also have Nowak who can play defensive mid.

I love Tziolis but I actually think I'd be quite happy with Perry, Cowie and Djoum today. Kitchen and Cowie provide the graft and Djoum, Johnsen, Isma and Walker provide the attacking threat.

...andFulton'sBaggio

................Hamilton

Cowie Tziolis Kitchen Walker

..............Djoum

...................Goncalves

If Cowie is fit, I'd play him because of the power of work he puts in. I'd ask Struna to overlap him whenever possible so that Cowie can drift inside and help win the midfield battle. Effectively, this can become a 4-3-3 when we attack, with Walker pushing forward, and a 4-4-1-1 or even a 4-5-1 when we defend. As most of us have identified, winning the midfield battle will be key. We'll need Walker to fight and track back like he did in the Sevco game. We'll need everyone to show fight, passion and belief. I don't think this is a game for Johnsen... C'MON HEARTS!!!! There is only one option - WIN!

We could play Tziolis, Kitchen, Djoum as the midfield then a forward 3.

We also have Nowak who can play defensive mid.

Yeah, I'd be happy enough if that's what we do, but I was thinking of a 4-4-1-1 with Cowie, Kitchen, Tziolis and Walker as the midfield four and Djoum playing off Isma.

I normally don't like Cowie out wide but I think it might actually work to our benefit here (if he's fit) because he can drop narrow when we need him to and get involved in the battle with Bartley, Fyvie & McGinn. Gray is better going forward than Stevenson so I'd quite like to see Gray pinned back by Walker.

I really like Djoum but I think he'll be more effective tonight if we can focus on getting him the ball rather than asking him to scrap. Having Cowie in the midfield might relieve some of the defensive pressure on him, and might also occupy Bartley, whereas Sam and Choulay might both be a bit lightweight. Obviously they bring good qualities too. I keep changing my mind tbh.

................Hamilton

Cowie Tziolis Kitchen Walker

..............Djoum

...................Goncalves

If Cowie is fit, I'd play him because of the power of work he puts in. I'd ask Struna to overlap him whenever possible so that Cowie can drift inside and help win the midfield battle. Effectively, this can become a 4-3-3 when we attack, with Walker pushing forward, and a 4-4-1-1 or even a 4-5-1 when we defend. As most of us have identified, winning the midfield battle will be key. We'll need Walker to fight and track back like he did in the Sevco game. We'll need everyone to show fight, passion and belief. I don't think this is a game for Johnsen... C'MON HEARTS!!!! There is only one option - WIN!

Exactly what I was thinking!

Yeah indeed. Its great to finally have selection headaches!

My worry with Cowie is that he isn't up for the physical battle that will be required.

He was excellent in the Rangers game as they try to keep the ball on the deck and play proper football and it allowed him to graft, break up play and be a nuisance to them.

There isn't a chance Hibs will play this way. I just know they will turn this into a battle and try and sneak the game.

That's why I would opt for Perry and possibly Nowak in there to battle and win headers and allow the forward players to stay further up the park.

Make no mistake, the ball will spend a lot of time in the air.

Yeah indeed. Its great to finally have selection headaches!

My worry with Cowie is that he isn't up for the physical battle that will be required.

He was excellent in the Rangers game as they try to keep the ball on the deck and play proper football and it allowed him to graft, break up play and be a nuisance to them.

There isn't a chance Hibs will play this way. I just know they will turn this into a battle and try and sneak the game.

That's why I would opt for Perry and possibly Nowak in there to battle and win headers and allow the forward players to stay further up the park.

Make no mistake, the ball will spend a lot of time in the air.

Yeah, I can see that. I don't think we need to go OTT though. Fyvie and Bartley are big units, but McGinn and Keatings aren't. Cowie's energy will be just as useful as Novak's physicality IMO. I also think that although Hibs are very limited compared to the team they had last year, they will play more football than they did last Sunday. It'd be almost impossible for them not to.

I actually do not care much about the starting XI.  I just insist it is 11 hungry as **** players with a desire way stronger than Hibs and will keep their deiscipline (something which they have done well all season).

If I had to i'd say I do not want Martin as I think he is a likely red card from costing us and I also think he is pish.

I actually do not care much about the starting XI.  I just insist it is 11 hungry as **** players with a desire way stronger than Hibs and will keep their deiscipline (something which they have done well all season).

If I had to i'd say I do not want Martin as I think he is a likely red card from costing us and I also think he is pish.

Can you not come up with better reasons than that?  :whistling:

Can you not come up with better reasons than that?  :whistling:

Sure, he came for his delivery ability. A milkman with nae arms can make better deliveries than him.  He offers nothing all game.

Sure, he came for his delivery ability. A milkman with nae arms can make better deliveries than him.  He offers nothing all game.

90+3 30 yard free kick winner tonight then

Kitchen has to play and get right into that Bartley from kick off. Bartley is no footballer but is key to them winning the midfield. If we rush him and take him out the game Tziolis make passes and let Djoum break on them. Let Bartley dictate again and firstly it's embarrassing and secondly it'll be a long night. Get right into him from minute one he's been strutting about in these games for too long.

Kitchen has to play and get right into that Bartley from kick off. Bartley is no footballer but is key to them winning the midfield. If we rush him and take him out the game Tziolis make passes and let Djoum break on them. Let Bartley dictate again and firstly it's embarrassing and secondly it'll be a long night. Get right into him from minute one he's been strutting about in these games for too long.

Hamilton (I'd drop but not for this game, next one maybe)

Sowah Hughes Novak Struna

Walker Kitchen Djoum Cowie

Esma, Currie

Subs Nicolson, Jonnson, Tsolis, Avlonitis, Martin, Noring

We need someone to be in the area that Bartley had free reign over in the first game. Someone on the hole behind the forwards.

We also need two up front to occupy defenders and allow our forwards to hold the ball up.

I think you can play Kitchen in a slightly more advanced 'spoiler' role - filling that gap as you say.

My amended team assuming Cowie and Johnson don't make it:

Noring

Struna

Hughes

Avalonitis

Sowah

Kitchen

Tziolis

Walker

Djoum

Nicholson

Goncalves

Sure, he came for his delivery ability. A milkman with nae arms can make better deliveries than him. He offers nothing all game.

It's very rare in fact this might be a first but I almost agree with you. I don't think he should be anywhere near the starting 11 tonight.

It's very rare in fact this might be a first but I almost agree with you. I don't think he should be anywhere near the starting 11 tonight.

I agree. Too slow in possession and gives away too many needless fouls. I don't think he's up to speed with the Scottish game yet

I'd like to see this tonight

Hamilton

Struna

Avlonitis

Hughes

Sowah

Djoum

Kitchen

Tziolis

Walker

Goncalves

Johnsen

subs: Noring, Nowak, Cowie, Martin, Choulay, Nicholson, Currie

If Cowie is definitely starting I wouldn't be surprised to see Jonhsen dropped for another man in midfield.

Hamilton

Nowak

Tziolis Kitchen Walker

Djoum

Goncalves

Going to get pelters, but hope we sit in a little deeper tonight. Hibs have struggled against teams set up to defend at home and can see us being quite potent on the break. 

Much as I can't stand them, they've beaten a number of PL teams over the past couple of seasons in cups due to the fact the game opens up. 

I'd go with:

Hamilton

Struna

Hughes 

Avlonitis

Sowah

Choulay

Kitchen

Tziolis 

Walker 

Djoum 

Goncalves 

The Treasurer

With Johnsen struggling it once again shows up our lack of options up front.

We either go with Goncalves on his own (not his best position) or partner him with an inexperienced young lad (Currie).

If only we could bring in that big Irish lad that's playing up front for Killie (Conner something I think he's called)

Hamilton

Avionalitis Nowak Hughes

Tziolas

Struna                                    Sowah

Kitchen Djoum 

Walker  Goncalves

Maybe?  Probably not.  Nowak stepping into MF if we want 442.  Walker just off Goncalves, Djoum helping out too.

If it has to be decided by pens, which I think is likely. Just tell Walker to stay the feck away. Don't want a repeat of his last lame effort.

Hamilton

Struna

Avlonitis

Hughes

Sowah

Martin

Tziolis

Kitchen

Walker

Djoum

Goncalves

10 of those are certain starters imo. Martin is the doubt as it could be him, Cowie, Choulay or Nicholson.

If Prince was fit I'd have played him on the left with Walker on the right with Djoum off Goncalves.

I know it's early days but if we've given Martin a 42 month contract then surely it's to play in games like this.

I'm afraid I see a lack of pace in this side, or indeed any variation available. We need to match them for effort and application as we know they'll have that in abundance.

The lack of width of Saturday was ridiculous. We need width on Wednesday night.

There might be something to be said for playing Johnsen up top with Walker and Goncalves either side and Djoum as a 10. Johnsen would need to massively raise his game imo.

There is a huge error in Hamilton imminent. I just hope to feck it's not on Wednesday

Bang on, lol! Nice.

Archived