Pick your team and tactics for Easter Rd.

Elias Henry Furst

Hamilton

Struna

Hughes

Avionitis

Sowah

Nicholson

Cowie

Buaben (is he injured right now? If so then Kitchen)

Walker

Djoum

Isma

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Price Buaben :wow:

I completely forgot about him. A bit too early for him but I'd have him in the team if he was match fit.

FenderJaguar7

Hamilton

Struna

Avlonitis

Hughes

Rherras

Kitchen

Tziolis

Choulay

Djoum

Walker

Goncalves

Tactics:

Keep the ball as far away from Hamilton as possible.

Avlonitis to bitch slap penguin heid into cowardice.

Beat the living crap out of their midfield with Kitchen and Tziolis on the warpath.

Djoum running at them at full pace leaving them on the floor in awe and wanting an autograph after the game.

Walker showing he actually wants to win against them again with some passion, skill and a goal or two wouldn't hurt.

Goncalves running rings round their championship defence and a brace would be nice, hat trick would be tremendous and achieveable.

Nelly Terraces

Hamilton

Struna

Avlonitis

Hughes

Rherras

Kitchen

Tziolis

Choulay

Djoum

Walker

Goncalves

Tactics:

Keep the ball as far away from Hamilton as possible.

Avlonitis to bitch slap penguin heid into cowardice.

Beat the living crap out of their midfield with Kitchen and Tziolis on the warpath.

Djoum running at them at full pace leaving them on the floor in awe and wanting an autograph after the game.

Walker showing he actually wants to win against them again with some passion, skill and a goal or two wouldn't hurt.

Goncalves running rings round their championship defence and a brace would be nice, hat trick would be tremendous and achieveable.

Loving that.

Get this man into the dressing room pre match! :D

rudi must stay

Hamilton

Sowah

Hughes

Avlonitis

Strauna/Smith

Nowak

Tziolis

Nicholson

Martin

Walker

Goncalves

Would play this team. I think that's a strong enough defence to annoy the Hibs and that's IMO our best attack to counter. I also think Liam Smith wouldn't let us down, and Strauna has yet to make right back his own

Hamilton

Struna Avionitis Hughes Sowah

Kitchen

Cowie. Djoum

Walker

Johnsen.

Isma

Walker moving right and left creating width with Cowie or Djoum working the opposite wing as and when ..not a thought about losing in the dressing room just look forward to winning - 'attitude' discipline 'attitude' effort 'attitude' express talent ...all rounded of with even more 'attitude'

If we play to our true potential firstly as individuals then collectively as a team then this game won't even be close.

RenfrewHearts

Nicholson and or Johnsen in the starting 11 is very bad news imo

:facepalm:

Noring

Struna

Hughes

Avlonitis

Sowah (although Rherras coming in wouldn't be a concern)

Tziolis

Djoum

Kitchen

Nicholson

Goncalves

Walker

Use the width of Nicholson, think he could also link up well with Struna. Choulay is a great option from the bench, he definitely has quality in the final third. Djoum supporting Goncalves is also important. Need those 2 and Walker on the same wavelength and linking play.

Hamilton

Struna Hughes Avlonitis Sowah

Kitchen Tziolis Cowie

Walker Djoum

Goncalves

I think this is the team the management will pick. Really need full backs to play well

Noring

Struna

Hughes

Avlonitis

Sowah

Tziolis

Cowie

Djuom

Walker

Goncalves

Johnsen/Currie

We need Tziolis to break up play, and play the ball forwards to the three midfielders who will take the game to Hibs from the first whistle.

We need to mix up our free kicks around the halfway line, early on we need to get the ball in their box as much as we can and play on the front foot, this will have the away end bouncing.

Give the 3 forward thinking midfielders a free role, have the full backs pushing up (make sure there is cover)

Unfortunately imo the opposite will happen.

If anyone is off their game Walker/Cowie/Sowah etc then get them off after 1/2hr.

No pissing about in this game, they are in a lower division for a reason, let's drum that home.

Let the lower league team worry about how we are going to set up.

We have no excuses for this game.

Hamilton

Struna Hughes Avlonitis Sowah

Kitchen Tziolis Cowie

Walker Djoum

Goncalves

Keep this man as far away from the dressing room. Only 3 to push forward?

Unfortunately this may be the way we go.

Noring

Struna

Hughes

Avlonitis

Sowah

Tziolis

Cowie

Djuom

Walker

Goncalves

Johnsen/Currie

We need Tziolis to break up play, and play the ball forwards to the three midfielders who will take the game to Hibs from the first whistle.

We need to mix up our free kicks around the halfway line, early on we need to get the ball in their box as much as we can and play on the front foot, this will have the away end bouncing.

Give the 3 forward thinking midfielders a free role, have the full backs pushing up (make sure there is cover)

Unfortunately imo the opposite will happen.

If anyone is off their game Walker/Cowie/Sowah etc then get them off after 1/2hr.

No pissing about in this game, they are in a lower division for a reason, let's drum that home.

Let the lower league team worry about how we are going to set up.

We have no excuses for this game.

Get this man in the dressing room.

An untried keeper.

Free role for three players.

Get the full backs get forward, but with cover(not by the 2 strikers or the three midfielders with free roles).

Wait half an hour and start the subs.

Give no consideration whatsoever as to how the opponents might play.

:rofl:

Hamilton

Struna

Hughes

Avionitis

Sowah

Nicholson

Cowie

Buaben (is he injured right now? If so then Kitchen)

Walker

Djoum

Isma

We play Cowie and Kitchen in the same MF we will get beat.

siegementality

Hamilton

Struna Avlonitis Hughes Sowah

Tziolis Cowie Walker

Djoum

Johnsen Isma

That should be the team, even though I think Johnsen is pants.

Hamilton. Struna. Avlonitis. Hughes. Sowah.

Kitchen. Tziolis.

Djoum.

Walker. Goncalves. Currie.

It's a night to play most of our strongest willed players. Currie? Well, what's his temperament? Is it too early to pitch him into a derby?

I'd ask him to hunt, run down the vermin defence and play for the breaks. Detail the lad to chase and hassle. Give Goncalves something to work off. I'm just not convinced with Johnsen's attitude just now....

Walker floats but at every chance get him up against Stevenson. That's the weak link at the back for them. Our best quality ball player against their weakest defender.

:facepalm:

Noring

Struna

Hughes

Avlonitis

Sowah (although Rherras coming in wouldn't be a concern)

Tziolis

Djoum

Kitchen

Nicholson

Goncalves

Walker

Use the width of Nicholson, think he could also link up well with Struna. Choulay is a great option from the bench, he definitely has quality in the final third. Djoum supporting Goncalves is also important. Need those 2 and Walker on the same wavelength and linking play.

Facepalm away buy both Nicholson and Johnsen were awful in the first game. Nicholson bobbing around the edge of the game like a wee boy isn't what is needed imo.

Each to their own though

oh ah grantona

Noring

Struna

Hughes

Avonlitis

Sowah

Walker

Tizolis

Djoum

Choualy

Johnson

Goncalves

All out attack from the word go

Facepalm away buy both Nicholson and Johnsen were awful in the first game. Nicholson bobbing around the edge of the game like a wee boy isn't what is needed imo.

Each to their own though

I agree.

RenfrewHearts

Each to their own though

Walker and Goncalves were also awful. It wasn't an easy game for attacking players. You always seem to have something negative to say regards Sam and i'm not really sure why. Bobbing around the box? Strange criticism.

Walker and Goncalves were also awful. It wasn't an easy game for attacking players. You always seem to have something negative to say regards Sam and i'm not really sure why. Bobbing around the box? Strange criticism.

He's very very ineffective

RenfrewHearts

Ok :thumbsup:

I disagree completely which i'm sure you've gathered. What would your ideal front 2 or 3 look like on wednesday?

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

In the last game Hibs packed the midfield but offered very little in terms of width and opted instead for a direct style with long balls aimed towards Holt with the hope of getting knock downs or flick ons to Cummings or Keatings in the final third. I would suggest that this style will not be changed despite them now being at home, our defensive unit was solid and as a result will not be changed from:

Hamilton

Tziolis

In terms of going forward, we struggled in the first half in the initial game at finding a decent out-ball from the back, the contributing factors being the state of the pitch not lending itself to short distribution, Jack becoming more uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, Hibs relentless pressing, and our lack of someone to hit a longer out-ball to. This was somewhat remedied when Johnsen came on but McGregor still won the vast majority of headers against him. However, I believe Cathro will still want someone who can offer an aerial threat from an out-ball so Johnsen will start. In terms of moving the ball through midfield, for me Cowie is always essential in this. He provides energy and his leadership qualities on the park cannot be underestimated. Of our players we have, he is the perfect foil for Tziolis as he will do the running for him. For me, he starts. Djoum also starts as he has the most dynamism and creativity of our central midfield options. Walker is our form player currently and arguably our best player, so he also starts. That leaves Goncalves, who Cathro has already been shown to trust to either lead the line by himself up top, operate in a partnership with Johnsen, or drop deeper and link up with the midfield. That leaves the team looking like:

Hamilton

Tziolis

Djoum Cowie Walker

Goncalves Johnsen

In terms of instructions for the players, for me it has to be for the front two to both be willing to move out into wide areas and stretch the Hibs defence. We have three midfielders in behind them who have all shown they have the knack for timing a run from midfield into the box and get themselves goals. I would also want the fullbacks to be very careful in choosing the best times for them to break forward, as Jamie and Djoum wont provide amazing cover for when they do make forward runs. I believe that on a better surface at Easter Road we should be able to play out from the back relatively effectively, so that would be what I would ask the defence to try.

In terms of substitutions, they of course depend on the game situation. If we find ourselves chasing the game and Hibs are sitting in, I'd take off Cowie for Nicholson, and then throw on Currie as a last throw of the dice. If we are ahead and need to see the game out, I'd take off one of the frontmen and bring on Kitchen for added defensive steel.

In the last game Hibs packed the midfield but offered very little in terms of width and opted instead for a direct style with long balls aimed towards Holt with the hope of getting knock downs or flick ons to Cummings or Keatings in the final third. I would suggest that this style will not be changed despite them now being at home, our defensive unit was solid and as a result will not be changed from:

Hamilton

Tziolis

In terms of going forward, we struggled in the first half in the initial game at finding a decent out-ball from the back, the contributing factors being the state of the pitch not lending itself to short distribution, Jack becoming more uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, Hibs relentless pressing, and our lack of someone to hit a longer out-ball to. This was somewhat remedied when Johnsen came on but McGregor still won the vast majority of headers against him. However, I believe Cathro will still want someone who can offer an aerial threat from an out-ball so Johnsen will start. In terms of moving the ball through midfield, for me Cowie is always essential in this. He provides energy and his leadership qualities on the park cannot be underestimated. Of our players we have, he is the perfect foil for Tziolis as he will do the running for him. For me, he starts. Djoum also starts as he has the most dynamism and creativity of our central midfield options. Walker is our form player currently and arguably our best player, so he also starts. That leaves Goncalves, who Cathro has already been shown to trust to either lead the line by himself up top, operate in a partnership with Johnsen, or drop deeper and link up with the midfield. That leaves the team looking like:

Hamilton

Tziolis

Djoum Cowie Walker

Goncalves Johnsen

In terms of instructions for the players, for me it has to be for the front two to both be willing to move out into wide areas and stretch the Hibs defence. We have three midfielders in behind them who have all shown they have the knack for timing a run from midfield into the box and get themselves goals. I would also want the fullbacks to be very careful in choosing the best times for them to break forward, as Jamie and Djoum wont provide amazing cover for when they do make forward runs. I believe that on a better surface at Easter Road we should be able to play out from the back relatively effectively, so that would be what I would ask the defence to try.

In terms of substitutions, they of course depend on the game situation. If we find ourselves chasing the game and Hibs are sitting in, I'd take off Cowie for Nicholson, and then throw on Currie as a last throw of the dice. If we are ahead and need to see the game out, I'd take off one of the frontmen and bring on Kitchen for added defensive steel.

aye!

Bazzas right boot

Unsure, but I'd get Cowie/ tzolis to sit on Bartley when they have possession, we've made him look like pirlo last few games.

More crucial is a fast start, get players running at them, get at Stevenson and gray.

They were on the edge last game, a fast start, get in thier faces, a goal is obviously great but even getting a player booked early will curve them. We need to match them for effort, therefore I'd play Cowie for tzolis.

Tzolis might have the quality to come on fresh later in the game and expos? them, it will be 100 miles an hour at the start so I'd play kitchen, with Djoum and cowie.

Walker on one side, goncalves on The other with Johnson up front.

Regal Kingston

Noring

Struna Av. Hughes Rherras

Kitchen Tziolis

Walker Djoum Choulay

Johnsen

Isma in for Johnsen if not 100%

Hamilton

Struna

Avlonitis

Hughes

Sowah

Martin

Tziolis

Kitchen

Walker

Djoum

Goncalves

10 of those are certain starters imo. Martin is the doubt as it could be him, Cowie, Choulay or Nicholson.

If Prince was fit I'd have played him on the left with Walker on the right with Djoum off Goncalves.

I know it's early days but if we've given Martin a 42 month contract then surely it's to play in games like this.

I'm afraid I see a lack of pace in this side, or indeed any variation available. We need to match them for effort and application as we know they'll have that in abundance.

The lack of width of Saturday was ridiculous. We need width on Wednesday night.

There might be something to be said for playing Johnsen up top with Walker and Goncalves either side and Djoum as a 10. Johnsen would need to massively raise his game imo.

There is a huge error in Hamilton imminent. I just hope to feck it's not on Wednesday

maroonnicky63

He has picked poorly for the last two games and there are some better teams on here imo.

REALLY , all I can see on here is the majority are picking Hamilton in goals and everyone can see the lad needs taken out for a spell. I am not doubting his ability he has just lost a bit of form , IT HAPPENS TO ALL PLAYERS,  if he makes a mistake on Wednesday he will be hounded,it's cathro's job to protect him. I think he will become a very good keeper for us of that I have no doubt. The stick this young lad took from the morons around me was disgusting. The same happened to Nicholson the latter part of last season and some of the fans are that thick they don't see it. I hope if he does play he has a cracking game but how some fans on here can berate him and then still name him in the team , BONKERS.As for Cathro picking poorly for the last 2 games that's just because we didn't win if we had won all would be different

maroonnicky63

NO you just don't like the lad , he is very effective and of course has just come back from a 4 month lay of, that doesn't matter though he should come right back and be top notch , you are so bright

Prince Buaben

Hamilton 

Struna Hughes Aviontils Rherras

Kitchen Tzios

Walker Djoum Choulay

Gonclaves

maroonnicky63

Not like you to personalise

You bring endless insight to these threads.

Keep up the good work

not like to slate the players so keep that up as well

not like to slate the players so keep that up as well

I said Nicholson and Johnsen were very poor in the first game.

I don't think I'm alone in such views yet you've sought to personalise

NO you just don't like the lad , he is very effective and of course has just come back from a 4 month lay of, that doesn't matter though he should come right back and be top notch , you are so bright

Nicholson is "very effective". OK then. I look forward to seeing that from him.

My overriding recollection of the first game is he couldn't beat Lewis Stevenson

I strongly suspect you're a simpleton or have been drinking on an empty head with a bunch of jake balls this morning

maroonnicky63

My overriding recollection of the first game is he couldn't beat Lewis Stevenson

I strongly suspect you're a simpleton or have been drinking on an empty head with a bunch of jake balls this morning

I will give you a response but you don't deserve one after this daft comment. The hibs game was awful '' where no one played well at all but I am sure you will pick your fav player and say he did. both teams didn't show what they could do at all and it is not a pitch for the likes of Walker , Nicholson ect who like to run with the ball. I will let you come back because I am sure it will be to slate one  or more of our players as you normally do, I suggest you get a bus down to fester road and join in with the rest of the numties in green you will be better thought of I am sure , now go to sleep AND i WILL CARRY ON SUPPORTING THE BOYS  

maroonnicky63

I said Nicholson and Johnsen were very poor in the first game.

I don't think I'm alone in such views yet you've sought to personalise

you pick on 2 players from that game , REALLY

Did you not just complain about people personalising criticism?

Hamilton

Struna Avlonitis Hughes Sowah

Walker Kitchen Tziolis Choulay

Djoum

Goncalves

Still think the tactics in the first game were more or less OK, but Martin dropped too deep and wanted too long on the ball, leaving Isma isolated. Going for Choulay over Nicholson as Sam's been out for a while and looked pretty ineffective in the first game, but I don't really mind who starts as long as we play with a bit of width.

Tziolis is class. I know he sometimes wants to slow the game down a bit too much, but his reading of the game's far better than anyone else we have. He has to play, but Kitchen should be alongside him to battle against Bartley and Fyvie and to make sure we aren't outmatched in midfield. Djoum should be dropping in to help too when we don't have the ball.  

Now is not the time for a debutant keeper. I'd leave the back four unchanged. I don't think there's much between Sowah and Rherras, but Sowah being left-footed gives us a bit more balance.

Hibs looked more or less unchanged on Saturday from the first game (apart from Forster being out injured and Graham in for Holt). I'm assuming Holt will start on Wed and that it'll be basically the same team as the first game, though I think they'll try to play a bit more football this time. If that's the case, the key things are stopping the full-backs getting forward and winning the midfield battle. We have the better players. We should be looking to control the game.

I reckon our back 5 will remain the same and Kitchen to start to make our midfield more combative. Martin was too slow last time so can't see him starting, but we have Djoum back so happy days. Johnson made a difference when he came on last time - although he hasn't been in the best form. He also may be injured (or at least not 100% fit). Cowie may still be injured too. 

Hamilton, Struna, Hughes, Avolontis, Sowah, Kitchen, Tziolis, Djoum, Walker, Goncalves with one of Nicholson, Cowie, Choulay and Johnson to fill the 11th spot depending on fitness / the tactics Cathro and Macphee want to play. 

I'd be surprised if choulay starts. Looks far too lightweight for this type of game.The Stalker Bartley would smash him early doors and put him out the game

stuartmitchell

Noring

Struna

Hughes

Nowak

Sowah

Tziolis

Choulay (stay as wide as possible)

Kitchen (break everything up and give the ball to Tziolis)

Walker (same as Choulay)

Djoum (advanced number 10)

Isma

Prince Buaben

Is throwing a goalkeeper who hasnt played a minute of football for the club into such an important game away from home a good idea?

We_are_the_Hearts

Is throwing a goalkeeper who hasnt played a minute of football for the club into such an important game away from home a good idea?

Didn't do Hibs any harm in last years Semi. Jack is a bag of nerves just now, whether it be cross balls or kicking.

Archived