Pick your team and tactics for Easter Rd.

Elias Henry Furst

Elias Henry Furst

Given what we seen last Sunday and yesterday, how would you set us up?

Hamilton

Struna

Sowah

Avlonitis

Hughes

Tziolis

Kitchen

Djoum

Walker

Johnsen

Goncalves

I'd ask Walker to play on the left to help Sowah and allow Walker to roam inside.

I'd ask Johnsen to play inbetween their centre half and left back and to be the out ball for Struna.

Goncalves to play on the shoulder of their centre halfs. He must not drop deep to become involved. He's our most dangerous striker and I want him in and around the box when we attack.

I'd encourage our full backs to push forward when possible and to link with Walker and Johnsen. Tziolis can drop back to provide cover.

I'd tell Djoum to be the most advanced midfielder and to get beyond Bartley where possible and run at their defence.

Finally, I'd explain that every single player has a battle to win v a Hibs player. If that means kicking, scratching or spitting blood then so be it. Do that first and our quality should come through but we need to earn the right.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamilton

Struna

Sowah

Avlonitis

Hughes

Nowak

Tziolis

Cowie

Walker

Djoum

Goncalves

4-3-1-2

Goncalves with Djoum just off him

Walter Bishop

Hamilton

Struna

Avlontis

Hughes

Sowah

Tziolis

Nicholson

Djoum

Kitchen

Walker

Goncalves

Same formation as last Sunday for me, Kitchen and Djoum in for Cowie and Johnson. 

Hibs pitch size should suit the way we try and play, Walker and Nicholson wide with Djoum supporting Goncalves through the middle. 

Hamilton

Struna Avlontis Hughes Sowah

Tziolis

Walker Kitchen Djoum

Johnsen Goncalves

Norling,Nowak,Rherass,Cowie/Matrin,Nicholson,Chouley,Currie

I'd go 4-1-3-2

Hamilton - nobody is doubting his ability at stopping shots, the better pitch should help with his kicking.

Struna Avlonitis Hughes Sowah - Solid defence, haven't conceded a goal from open play since the Celtic game.

Tziolis - protecting the defence allowing Struna and Sowah to support in the attacks.

Djoum Cowie Walker - Good attacking threat with Djoum and Walker, Kitchen in if Cowie isn't fit.

Goncalves Johnsen - we should have started with 2 up front in the first game at Tynecastle.

Same personnel as yesterday bar Walker in for Choulay.

Goncalves and Walker wide, Djoum in behind Johnsen.

The last three games at Easter Road we've started terribly, and they will fly out the traps. Need to not be chasing the game and in the long run our extra quality, including off the bench, will tell.

sit on their back line and shell it long,drop and squeal like a pig if brushed against make sure the ref hears and sees you.Break the play up as much as possible and if Cumming wanders forward get on him instantly,in other words play the game the way they did vs us.And ffs convert the penalty's we'll be getting.

Hamilton

Avlonitis

Hughes

Nowak

Struna

Sowag

Tziolis

Djoum

Kitchen

Walker

Goncalves

3-5-1-1 formation

Need to win the midfield battle

letsalldothebeattie

Hamilton

Struna Avlonitis Hughes Sowah

Kitchen Tziolis

Walker Djoum Johnsen

Goncalves

Just get at them. They aren't as good as what are being made out by there fans or by the media. They are a bloody championship side let's show our class and bloody dump the rats out the cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

Avlonitis

Hughes

Nowak

Struna

Sowag

Tziolis

Djoum

Kitchen

Walker

Goncalves

3-5-1-1 formation

Need to win the midfield battle

I'm swinging towards this mate. Gives us some width too

Team -

Jamie Macdonald / Neil Alexander

Ruben Palazuelos Hughes Captain Zal Struna

Ian Black Tviolis

Suso Djoum/ Sir Rudolf Skacel Walker

Isma

Tactics -

Score at least 3 more than them then take the utter pash out of them by passing the ball about barca style and adding goals if need be. Rudi to score a brace.

In all seriousness though, similar team to yesterday but starting with Johnsen and Isma up front and moving Kitchen to the bench. Play for the best.

MR INCREDIBLE

Noring

Struna Nowak Hughes Sowah

Choulay Tziolis Kitchen Djoum

Walker Isma.

Walker as a striker with Isma.

He must be a better option than Johnson.

GK - Hamilton

RCB - Nowak

CB - Avlonitis

LCB - Hughes

RWB - Struna

LWB - Sowah

CM - Kitchen

CM - Cowie

LAM - Walker

RAM - Djoum

CF - Goncalves

The attacking midfielders are interchangeable with instructions to press the full backs to try and block the passes into central midfield, need them to look to get in between the full back and central defender. Our central midfield is what I'd hope would have energy and I'd want them pressing as a pair. The back three should be able to cope with a sole striker or Cummings & Holt/Graham, I like them all in the air so happy with Hibs launching balls against them. The extra defender makes me more comfortable on counter attacks if they beat the press with long bangers.

The wing backs idea is to provide proper width and to stretch the defensive line, hopefully to create gaps for Walker and Djoum to play in. Hopefully the wing backs can get early crosses in behind the defence for Goncalves with Walker/Djoum looking for the second ball to try get shots away.

Whatever we play, we need to show aggression and be prepared to fight for every ball.

We have to play with two strikers.

4-1-3-2

Hamilton

Tziolis

Kitchen Djoum Walker

Isma Johnsen

Can become a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Goncalves moving too the right and Walker going wide left if we want to stretch them or exploit any space left by Gray and Stevenson going forward.

I just don't want Isma isolated up front on his own with Bartley in front of him blocking any passes into him. Playing alongside Johnsen will leave him free to find space with Johnsen still occupying the Hibs CB' s.

Bigger, wider pitch, Hibs will have to come out and play, we should try and control the game patiently and make Hibs Chase it.

Diadora Van Basten

After reading some of this I am so glad Cathro is picking the team

He has picked poorly for the last two games and there are some better teams on here imo.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Hamilton

Tziolis

Choulay Djoum Walker

Goncalves Johnson

Play very direct and don't allow Hibs to get out their own half. Imagine the first half against Thistle in Cathro's first game in charge. No sideways passing. Be brave any player not going in hard and making it difficult for Hibs should be fined a weeks wages.

Since I started watching Derbys we were always the team putting in more effort but unfortunately that's changing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Here's another worry for me just now. What is our strongest team and formation. I doubt even Mr C knows

_______________Hamilton

Struna___Avlonitis___Hughes___Sowah

________________Kitchen

______Cowie_____Djoum_____Walker

_________Johnson____Goncalves

Tactics without the ball.

Backline and Kitchen press hard in their own half but remain slightly deeper than normal because hibs will use the long ball over the top.

Front line to press high in the opposition half and chase down the players trying to play those long balls not giving them time to pick the passes.

Tactics with the ball.

Keep possession with quick pass and move. Alternate between short, medium and long balls to avoid being predictable.

Keep the ball wide in midfield away from Bartley who will break attacks down in the middle. Have Djoum exploit any space between defence and midfield. Keep Johnson high up to win headers knocking it down for Walker and Goncalves.

Get the ball into the box as much as possible to put their centre halfs under pressure. Preferably low crosses, their centre halfs can be useful with high balls but panic when it's low between defence and keeper.

.........Hamilton

Struna Av Hughes Sowah's

......Kitchen...Tsoilis

...Cowie.....Djoum

.............................Isma

............Johnson

_______________Hamilton

Struna___Avlonitis___Hughes___Sowah

_______________Tziolis

______Cowie_____Djoum_____Walker

_________Johnson____Goncalves

Tactics without the ball.

Backline and Tziolis press hard in their own half but remain slightly deeper than normal because hibs will use the long ball over the top.

Front line to press high in the opposition half and chase down the players trying to play those long balls not giving them time to pick the passes.

Tactics with the ball.

Keep possession with quick pass and move. Alternate between short, medium and long balls to avoid being predictable.

Keep the ball wide in midfield away from Bartley who will break attacks down in the middle. Have Djoum exploit any space between defence and midfield. Keep Johnson high up to win headers knocking it down for Walker and Goncalves.

Get the ball into the box as much as possible to put their centre halfs under pressure. Preferably low crosses, their centre halfs can be useful with high balls but panic when it's low between defence and keeper.

you as a supporter is very bad news imo

Not like you to personalise

You bring endless insight to these threads.

Keep up the good work

I don't think Tzilios and Kitchen work in the same team. Hopefully Cowie is back, very underrated what he does tbh.

I don't want to see Cowie in the team, I'll be very disheartened if he starts on Wednesday.

I wouldn't throw Noring into this game either, he should have been phased in before this but seeing as that hasn't happened I'd just stick with Hamilton and prey he doesn't majorly **** up.

Captain Canada

GK - Hamilton

RCB - Nowak

CB - Avlonitis

LCB - Hughes

RWB - Struna

LWB - Sowah

CM - Kitchen

CM - Cowie

LAM - Walker

RAM - Djoum

CF - Goncalves

The attacking midfielders are interchangeable with instructions to press the full backs to try and block the passes into central midfield, need them to look to get in between the full back and central defender. Our central midfield is what I'd hope would have energy and I'd want them pressing as a pair. The back three should be able to cope with a sole striker or Cummings & Holt/Graham, I like them all in the air so happy with Hibs launching balls against them. The extra defender makes me more comfortable on counter attacks if they beat the press with long bangers.

The wing backs idea is to provide proper width and to stretch the defensive line, hopefully to create gaps for Walker and Djoum to play in. Hopefully the wing backs can get early crosses in behind the defence for Goncalves with Walker/Djoum looking for the second ball to try get shots away.

Whatever we play, we need to show aggression and be prepared to fight for every ball.

This looks good to me.

Given what we seen last Sunday and yesterday, how would you set us up?

Hamilton

Struna

Sowah

Avlonitis

Hughes

Tziolis

Kitchen

Djoum

Walker

Johnsen

Goncalves

I'd ask Walker to play on the left to help Sowah and allow Walker to roam inside.

I'd ask Johnsen to play inbetween their centre half and left back and to be the out ball for Struna.

Goncalves to play on the shoulder of their centre halfs. He must not drop deep to become involved. He's our most dangerous striker and I want him in and around the box when we attack.

I'd encourage our full backs to push forward when possible and to link with Walker and Johnsen. Tziolis can drop back to provide cover.

I'd tell Djoum to be the most advanced midfielder and to get beyond Bartley where possible and run at their defence.

Finally, I'd explain that every single player has a battle to win v a Hibs player. If that means kicking, scratching or spitting blood then so be it. Do that first and our quality should come through but we need to earn the right.

In a nutshell.

I'd actually like Ian Cathro to go round the dressing room and ask anyone who is going to shite themselves or not give absolutely everything from the first whistle to put their hand up and get them to **** immediately if I'm honest.

Elias Henry Furst

The GK and back four pick themselves (some would drop Hamilton but It'd be madness to do so I reckon)

Of the remaining 6 players to be picked, and whilst respecting everyone's right to an opinion, Tziolis, Djoum, Walker and Goncalves are 4 'must haves'. I can't believe people are leaving out Walker and Tziolis from their line ups.

Good to have the discussion and I suppose it shows the options we have, if nothing else.

Hamilton

Struna    Avlonitis      Hughes    Sowah

Tziolis 

Cowie               Walker

Djoum

Johnsen        Isma

----------------Hamilton------------

Struna--Nowak--Hughes--Sowah

Choulay--Djoum--Kitchen--Walker

--------Goncalves--Johnson------

Tzolis has to miss out for me. Class act for a player but he is slowing everything down at the moment and I am not convinced he will be up for the fight at Easter Rd. Wants to just trot around playing the game at his own tempo.

Avonlitis, still not convinced by him at the back. Would like to see Nowak get a wee run in the team.

Same team that started yesterday bar Walker for Choulay.

This for me too. Don't want Walker and Nicholson starting together. If we get a pen I don't want Jamie taking it either.

Team:

.......... Hamilton............

Struna... Hughes...Nowak...Sowah.

............ Tsolis.............

Chulay........Walker........Djoum

...........Isma...Johnson.......

Have Walker, Djoum and Chulay switcjng positions during the game. Allow Johnson to drop deep and Isma up high running at defenders. Would tell Sowah to keep strict to his position as he was targeted the last time. Hamilton better not **** up.

Bench:

Norring, Greek defender, Nicholson, Currie, kitchen, Cowie, martin.

Currie on the evidence so far, looks like he may be ready to get a run of games up front. I'd be tempted to start him ahead of Johnsen.

The Old Tolbooth

I'd start Choulay instead of Walker, or play both of them with only Goncalves up front, and pack the midfield to snuff them out. I'd also put Kitchen on Bartley to nullify that gimp, and the rest will take care of itself!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Currie on the evidence so far, looks like he may be ready to get a run of games up front. I'd be tempted to start him ahead of Johnsen.

He looked really good when he came on Saturday! Are these two the same age?

Has to be

They will not go for it so only 1 or 2 up front.

They will try to kick us off the park in midfield so we must be strong.

If we get an early or even first goal their thug tactics will be exposed.

Hopefully 2 nil the famous.

He looked really good when he came on Saturday! Are these two the same age?

Currie will be 19 by the time Wednesday comes around, I think he's a good option to bring on from the bench if Johnsen is quiet again.

letsalllaughathobos

We need legs, play wide and quick hit the by line fire crosses in as there defence is rubbish,

If we sit deep and pretty passing build up won't work it puts us under to much pressure,

Take the game to them from the off don't give up don't let them get a breather we are the superior team with a much fitter team,

Currie will be 19 by the time Wednesday comes around, I think he's a good option to bring on from the bench if Johnsen is quiet again.

Yip. Thought he was a bit older. Quite a big lad. Fresh air kick aside. Did well

Archived