Pitch has been re-turfed (title changed).

Tynecastlesmychurch

Psychedelicropcircle

We have some cracking ball players who can't get on their game, no complaints here if it's a goer.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Who are you a reincarnation of?

Ehh sorry? Don't follow...

Anyway its in the Edinburgh evening news.

Pitch wasn't the issue today. Saying that is looking for ****ing excuses

It wasn't that bad today

Howdy Doody Jambo

Same pitch we played Rangers of the park on

Should never have given Bonnyrigg the right to play their cup game on it

Just an excuse for us playing crap

Pitch is bad, but we should wait until the season is finished

Pitch wasn't the issue today. Saying that is looking for ******* excuses

It wasn't that bad today

Same pitch for both teams today but don't remember one player from either team being able to run the channels with the ball!!

PeterintheRain

Same pitch we played Rangers of the park on

Should never have given Bonnyrigg the right to play their cup game on it

Just an excuse for us playing crap

Pitch is bad, but we should wait until the season is finished

When were we playing crap on it recently? 

A_A wehatethehibs

If you're spending 6 figures the key is what the independent experts say. We must only have 6 or 7 games left on it this season so if we can get it laid now it might actually be better than laying it at the end of the season as it has 3 extra months to bed in ahead of the start of next season, albeit with 7x 90 minute football matches played on it.

It's not as though it could be any worse. The curiosity is how did it get so bad having been laid only 2 years ago and how do we avoid that happening again.

If you're spending 6 figures the key is what the independent experts say. We must only have 6 or 7 games left on it this season so if we can get it laid now it might actually be better than laying it at the end of the season as it has 3 extra months to bed in ahead of the start of next season, albeit with 7x 90 minute football matches played on it.

It's not as though it could be any worse. The curiosity is how did it get so bad having been laid only 2 years ago and how do we avoid that happening again.

Think its to do with the under soil not the actual turf.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It wasn't that bad today

Spot on mate.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I'm sure I read that while the grass has been relaid numerous times, the soil has been there for about 20 years. So they need to replace all of that apparently.

Jambof3tornado

If the cost of slipping from 4th to 6th is less than the relaying costs then it may as well wait til the summer.

Same pitch for both teans today but they were happy to play hoofball.

I am fairly certain the pitch will have to be ripped up in the summer regardless. The building of the main stand will no doubt result in heavy machinery having to be driven across / operated on the pitch. There is also talk of a hybrid being laid in the summer. Don't think we would have enough time to lay a hybrid in a week and a half.

The new main stand works will mean machinery etc on the pitch, so it'll need relaid in some form again. If we beat Hibs, it'll be 7 home games left. Probably around ?25k a game for the new pitch!

Hampden's pitch got relaid for last season's Scottish cup semis just 5 days before, though it was in spring and settled well.

Borders Jambo

Pitch was awful today.

Any time we tried to play football the pitch was detrimental.

Only thing it does is give a massive advantage to non football teams like ICT or the vermin.

All roads lead to Gorgie

With spring around the corner hopefully the roots will become active and bed down better. If the hybrid stories are true it seems a waste to spend on a short term surface but the football is a bit grim and the surface could mean us missing Europe with a loss of revenue so maybe it would pay for itself.

Pitch had a major bearing on our failure to win today.

The bit Tremarco was standing on when he scored was so fragile we couldn't risk having anyone near him.

Pitch was awful today.

Any time we tried to play football the pitch was detrimental.

Only thing it does is give a massive advantage to non football teams like ICT or the vermin.

Nailed it. Two home games, two sides who wanna play long balls, two sides happy to leave with draws, us disappointed. Shows which side wants the ball on the deck. We where poor today but then so would any team when you aren't playing to your strengths. If we have the opportunity to rip it up now, do it now.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Any free agent Kevin Kyle type players out there we can hoof the ball to. :yas: 

Could we effectively borrow a new pitch until the end of the season? ie could it be lifted at the end of the season and sold on / given back to Stewart's Turf?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

we were 2nd or worse to a lot of 2nd balls as we were against hibs that's not the pitch fault

though it obviously doesn't help in other ways

Easter road will provide an answer or two

It wasn't that bad today

I concur the problem today was the team and tactics. A problem that has been around ever since we a got back in the top league and we had nearly a complete new team out there today. Makes you kind of wonder what or where exactly or problems lie.

...a bit disco

Was just going to post we should encourage him out of retirement for taking penalties if nothing else!

You called?? 73a635996afe05a86269d160612f74d1.jpg

Seriously though, been sorely lacking someone who could lead the line if we're having to adapt with a more direct option.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The pitch fannied the penalty or numerous shots that had no bobble.

Poor excuse. This is a modern mindset. Some of the great teams of yesteryear played on much worse

Pitch is a complete disgrace and in my opinion cost us wins in both the derby and today. And I never give the players easy excuses. Its clearly effecting our game big time. However why this was not dealt with during the whole month of January when we had no game is beyond me and now I would certainly be waiting for the summer and doing it properly.  

Some utter nonsense posted on here. Saddens me how many people want to see us punt up the park the typical Scottish way. We have some proper football players and a manger that wants to play nice football, why shouldn't we have a surface to allow us to do this?

Absolute embarrassment of a pitch.

Leave it until May! Will not bed in before next home game

Something needs done tbf. The players have been commenting on it.

The pitch fannied the penalty or numerous shots that had no bobble.

Poor excuse. This is a modern mindset. Some of the great teams of yesteryear played on much worse

Tend to agree , leave it as it is and save our money for next season .

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Pitch is a complete disgrace and in my opinion cost us wins in both the derby and today. And I never give the players easy excuses. Its clearly effecting our game big time. However why this was not dealt with during the whole month of January when we had no game is beyond me and now I would certainly be waiting for the summer and doing it properly.

I hope you are correct because assuming you are we should win the replay and also continue to improve our away form. a few home disappointments with a genuine solvable reason will then be easyish to accept until the end of the season

Jambof3tornado

I think its now easy for the players to blame the pitch for below par performances.

2nd to a lot of balls and kept playing it out from the back even when it was clearly not working.

Lots of players not giving 100%.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some utter nonsense posted on here. Saddens me how many people want to see us punt up the park the typical Scottish way. We have some proper football players and a manger that wants to play nice football, why shouldn't we have a surface to allow us to do this?

Absolute embarrassment of a pitch.

Aberdeen scored 7 on Tuesday. How did they manage?

The same way we eventually scored today but seem reluctant to do. They got early crosses in the box

Elias Henry Furst

It's bad but it can wait till the Summer.

We've played shockingly on plenty other good pitches this season yet destroyed Rangers on it.

Go figure.

Howdy Doody Jambo

When did this pitch become so bad? Nobody complained when we beat add Rangers last month

Just an excuse

Aberdeen scored 7 on Tuesday. How did they manage?

The same way we eventually scored today but seem reluctant to do. They got early crosses in the box

I was speaking to a friend about this today, when did football move away from wingers putting crosses into the box and attackers trying to head the ball in?

It was a staple attacking method of 10 or so years ago, no-one seems to do it anymore.

Bazzas right boot

It wasn't that bad today

It's a shite excuse but the pitch is terrible and it's getting worse.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just seen Rochdale have laid a new pitch this week and played on it today. Looked fine on TV with no surface break up visible !

Really?Think even a bowling green surface would have prevented the Losers from trampling all over us out of respect or something.

Really?Think even a bowling green surface would have prevented the Losers from trampling all over us out of respect or something.

They would have tried but our better foootballers on a bowling green would have passed through them. I'm hoping their surface is a vast improvement as it will help us no end on Wednesday.

It was bouncing about unpredictably at times - okay same for both teams - it was like playing with a rubber ball in certain areas. Also with the new stand will the pitch be widened at all? Just think a wider, truer pitch would suit what we're trying to do now.

They would have tried but our better foootballers on a bowling green would have passed through them. I'm hoping their surface is a vast improvement as it will help us no end on Wednesday.

Well they won't repeat their Sunday game this Wednesday they'll just resort to good old booting the shit out of the threats so be prepared for it.

Archived