Chalalalalalalalaaaa Heart of Midlothian...

HamishMcGonagall

HamishMcGonagall

Heard the Saint etienne fans sing this at old Trafford tonight..

https://youtu.be/b0vIo0VFfAE

As far as I know, there isn't another team in scotland that use it and Heart of Midlothian fits perfectly..

Didn't want it to get lost in amongst the songbook thread (ideas seem to get lost there) but understand if mods just merge it into that (or delete it altogether...)

Have to watch the video for a wee bit cos they start off slow

Sure I've heard folk try it before at an away game. Didn't really take off unfortunately.

Ajax and Schalke sing similar.

HamishMcGonagall

Seems to be Sha rather than Cha but aye I think it's braw n don't thinks there's any Scottish teams fans that use it so can't have any negative "too hibs" "too Celtic" "stolen from Motherwell" comments

Should make it ours

Marooned in Sec Z

https://youtu.be/b0vIo0VFfAE

As far as I know, there isn't another team in scotland that use it and Heart of Midlothian fits perfectly..

Didn't want it to get lost in amongst the songbook thread (ideas seem to get lost there) but understand if mods just merge it into that (or delete it altogether...)

Celtic use it when they sing about Kieran Tierney.

HamishMcGonagall

Celtic use it when they sing about Kieran Tierney.

Ahh fock it, he'll be gone in a couple of years, we'll always be here!

Rosenborg made it famous. Wouldnt mind if we sang it!

A seriously good video.

Gave me goosebumps and I don't even support them :lol:

Thought Police

Ahh fock it, he'll be gone in a couple of years, we'll always be here!

Good point well made

This chant has been around for years :lol: .

Besiktas invented it and, of course, do it best.

0:51 below.

Thought Police

Don't know why originality is such a big deal for folk. No one invents football songs anymore, they're all mainly rip offs of pop songs or songs from decades ago (see Hibs).

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I thought it was part of wuthering heights going by the title.

I like it. Someone should get it started at the derby

Oh FFS,is this how bad it's getting folk are wanting that PATHETIC tune/song to try and get some atmosphere back at Tynecastle, I think it's shite choice and hopefully it will not catch on.

J.T.F.Robertson

Oh FFS,is this how bad it's getting folk are wanting that PATHETIC tune/song to try and get some atmosphere back at Tynecastle, I think it's shite choice and hopefully it will not catch on.

Ah ken, it's pathetic. Oh for the days when you could sing what you liked. (even if it was a bit "off colour")

It's a song, ffs. You don't have to actually believe the shite.

In trouble now. :(

Ah ken, it's pathetic. Oh for the days when you could sing what you liked. (even if it was a bit "off colour")

It's a song, ffs. You don't have to actually believe the shite.

In trouble now. :(

Not wanting to rain on anybodies parade here I just think it's crap.

Not wanting to rain on anybodies parade here I just think it's crap.

Y'know whats crap? The Library we seem to have cultivated over the last 3 seasons.

I'm all for anything to improve it and get folk unified in the singing so Tynecastle can get back to be intimidating for the away team instead of the home side!

All very well BUT ....

Who will actually sing it .?

Probably the burds ,

They've mair enthusiasm than the auld gits and the moaners these days .

Even the rankers and the puddle drinkers make noise ,and they're shit .

Stop trying to chant/ sing on here , do it on the pitch

F.....n get behind our team when they're on the pitch .

Not behind a keyboard !!!!!!!!

Rant over.

Heard it numerous times yesterday in the walk to Old Trafford

What they were doing in Shambles Square was crouching down then bouncing around throwing beer all over the place.

Had to say as fans they were impressive but was less than impressed by a couple of them wearing ra Sellick tops. Feck knows what the 2 Killie supporters who were in with them thought

Get it started at the games, especially against hibs, I'm an auld yin and I would be bouncing like a spring to that! As Scott says "let's make some noise"

Hibs will sing it. Seems like their kind of song. Very few words. Annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I watched the video I thought it was going to sound like that bit near the end of Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison. That would have worked.

That's exactly what you are wanting to do.

I'm all for the chaps trying to get a wee sing song together but that's rank, why do folk want to copy other teams stuff? It was bad enough with the "Since I was young" thing and now it's another,Better when songs/chants are original imo.

I'm all for the chaps trying to get a wee sing song together but that's rank, why do folk want to copy other teams stuff? It was bad enough with the "Since I was young" thing and now it's another,Better when songs/chants are original imo.

Since I was young after the Easter Road derby we won a couple of years back was fantastic.

mahgrassyshoes

All very well BUT ....

Who will actually sing it .?

Probably the burds ,

They've mair enthusiasm than the auld gits and the moaners these days .

Even the rankers and the puddle drinkers make noise ,and they're shit .

Stop trying to chant/ sing on here , do it on the pitch

F.....n get behind our team when they're on the pitch .

Not behind a keyboard !!!!!!!!

Rant over.

I wouldn't go singing on the pitch m8. Likely to get a football banning order for that.

Since I was young after the Easter Road derby we won a couple of years back was fantastic.

Wonderful.

HamishMcGonagall

When the hearts go marching in is our own original one right enough.... Let me guess, over the years when we've been singing that, you sit in silence in the huff because it's not an original??

Or when we used to clap clap clapclapclap clapclapclapclap jam tarts, was that another "nope, not for me, I've heard other fans with their version of that"..?

When the hearts go marching in is our own original one right enough.... Let me guess, over the years when we've been singing that, you sit in silence in the huff because it's not an original??

Or when we used to clap clap clapclapclap clapclapclapclap jam tarts, was that another "nope, not for me, I've heard other fans with their version of that"..?

That's right I sit in a huff because a songs pish and also I sit in silence apart from the sound of my popcorn or sweetie wrappers.

HamishMcGonagall

That's right I sit in a huff because a songs pish and also I sit in silence apart from the sound of my popcorn or sweetie wrappers.

Ha! Glad we cleared that up! My post was a bit rude. Apologies. Just annoys me when folk moan about stuff not being original when stuff we've been signing for years never was.

Ha! Glad we cleared that up! My post was a bit rude. Apologies. Just annoys me when folk moan about stuff not being original when stuff we've been signing for years never was.

No need to apologise mate, you've got your opinion and I've got mine.

This chant has been around for years :lol: .

Besiktas invented it and, of course, do it best.

0:51 below.

If hearts fans could replicate this to even 30% of that intensity I'd be chuffed.

Would need to take off at away games first I reckon.

Actually can't get this out my head now 

:cornette:

CHALALALLALA HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

ps the young team defo did a version of this at Alloa i'm sure. 

Remember the young team used to sing the tune with 'Dale Carrick scores' :lol:

:sweeet:

Actually can't get this out my head now 

:cornette:

CHALALALLALA HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

ps the young team defo did a version of this at Alloa i'm sure. 

I remember that as well, the young lads often created a bit of atmosphere. Its a shame the way things turned out because for songs like this to catch on we really need a group of youngsters with a dedicated section like other teams have.  Given how it turned out last time Hearts may not be too keen on doing it again.

Archived