Q&A session with Stuart Wallace, FoH Chairman

davemclaren

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

Sorry I thought you wanted us to emulate CPR and Vlad.

vlad left us without about the same debt he inherited. That would do me for ann/Foh

Good idea let's build up the debt again.

Should be easy enough to get up to about ?20M by the end of next season.

Who should we sign first ?

Is that our oklymrwo options for the future?

?20m debt, which most of, Vlad dodnnot build up, or mediocrity.

I am hoping for st least some success, whilst retaining stability.

You never know. Still might happen.

Is that our oklymrwo options for the future?

?20m debt, which most of, Vlad dodnnot build up, or mediocrity.

I am hoping for st least some success, whilst retaining stability.

You never know. Still might happen.

God, I can't type.

Francis Albert

We were given 10 days to submit questions.

Only about 20 questions were submitted.

It is now 35 days since the meeting with Stuart.

Francis Albert

Mods oot.

I'm cancelling my subscription right now.

that would be a bit of an over-reaction. In more ways than one.

Konrad von Carstein

While in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter that much, it is a trifle tedious that there has been zero feedback.

I'd like to think the delay is due to the FOH guys being busy sorting out issues with the website such as pledge amounts shown being wrong or pledges not being  taken?

Unfortunately no feed back on that either

Konrad von Carstein

Bit disappointed with this to be honest.

Yup, a wee status report rather than the whistling smiley would have been appreciated.

Yup, a wee status report rather than the whistling smiley would have been appreciated.

Definitely.

Dave?

davemclaren

Definitely.

Dave?

Hopefully soon. Just waiting on a few things getting confirmed. I'm disappointed with the delay as well.

Christ, we will be electing a new chairman and the fans will have bought Anne Budge out by the time the notes are posted.....

I do appreciate these things take time but it might be an idea to reach out to see if someone can help with the notes going forward? I'm off work recovering from an op and pretty much house bound so I would have been willing to help.

However, I am sure it will be worth the wait.

scott herbertson

Pigeons have been released from Stuart's van this afternoon  I hear

r0_617_3264_2452_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I've chased twice for a response to this thread over the last couple of weeks, and have no intention of doing so again.  I made a contribution to the questions, as did others, and feel a bit disappointed on this. On a wider but related note, I think the communication and engagement from the FOH generally is in need of much improvement.

Dave, with all due respect, previous posts on this thread confirm at least 4 members of JKB were scheduled to attend this meeting, so while I take your feedback that unforeseen incidents have impacted one or some of those present to prevent a de-brief, I assume not everyone for all of the last 5-6 weeks.

I'm oot.

davemclaren

I've chased twice for a response to this thread over the last couple of weeks, and have no intention of doing so again. I made a contribution to the questions, as did others, and feel a bit disappointed on this. On a wider but related note, I think the communication and engagement from the FOH generally is in need of much improvement.

Dave, with all due respect, previous posts on this thread confirm at least 4 members of JKB were scheduled to attend this meeting, so while I take your feedback that unforeseen incidents have impacted one or some of those present to prevent a de-brief, I assume not everyone for all of the last 5-6 weeks.

I'm oot.

I undarstand your impatience but I'm not quite sure what you are oot of?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I undarstand your impatience but I'm not quite sure what you are oot of?

Not chasing further as per my first para.

Think pretty poor Dave.  4 or more people went, not a word of feedback?

Presumably the answers and write up are being proof read in some way. Recording the conversation and uploading a podcast would have been much quicker (instant).

davemclaren

Presumably the answers and write up are being proof read in some way. Recording the conversation and uploading a podcast would have been much quicker (instant).

As I mentioned earlier we do need to look at how we do it for any future ones we do.

scott herbertson

When the very first Kickback Q@A session took place  in the 90s- in the dark days of Chris Robinson and the SMG money, we had 4 of us at the meeting but agreed one of us took the minutes.She asked very few questions (us mouthy males did that bit). We had them circulated amongst ourselves for accuracy testing and out within a few days despite it being a long meeting. We were fortunate enough that the person who took the notes had some skills - she worked in an admin capacity for Leslie Deans IIRC - but I think it would have been very difficult without someone being specifically allocated that task.

Perhaps when these sessions are set up in future as well as the volunteers to do the questioning (who should be focusing on getting the best out of the session with follow up questions etc) we should also be asking for a volunteer to take the notes only - I am sure there would be people interested enough

Geoff Kilpatrick

When the very first Kickback Q@A session took place in the 90s- in the dark days of Chris Robinson and the SMG money, we had 4 of us at the meeting but agreed one of us took the minutes.She asked very few questions (us mouthy males did that bit). We had them circulated amongst ourselves for accuracy testing and out within a few days despite it being a long meeting. We were fortunate enough that the person who took the notes had some skills - she worked in an admin capacity for Leslie Deans IIRC - but I think it would have been very difficult without someone being specifically allocated that task.

Perhaps when these sessions are set up in future as well as the volunteers to do the questioning (who should be focusing on getting the best out of the session with follow up questions etc) we should also be asking for a volunteer to take the notes only - I am sure there would be people interested enough

2001 Scott but you're right. Anne did an awesome job.

scott herbertson

2001 Scott but you're right. Anne did an awesome job.

I couldn't find the date and just guessed - seems longer ago!

No rush

Not like FoH are taking over in next months

Of course having an event and not reporting it 6 weeks later is a bit of an issue.

Off topic slightly. But would there maybe be an opportunity to have a Q&A with Ann Budge?

Be interested in her thoughts at the moment.

davemclaren

Off topic slightly. But would there maybe be an opportunity to have a Q&A with Ann Budge?

Be interested in her thoughts at the moment.

We had one with Ann a couple of years ago. We are hoping to be able to publish the minutes earlyish next week...hostage to fortune there.

Gigolo-Aunt

Alright lads calm down.   There is obviously a good reason why it has taken longer than the Admin team would have wanted.  Not worth losing your shit about.

Alright lads calm down. There is obviously a good reason why it has taken longer than the Admin team would have wanted. Not worth losing your shit about.

I'm just asking a question mate. Not losing my shit at all.

Dave I'm not in any way taking a dig just anxious to read what Stuart has to say.

davemclaren

Dave I'm not in any way taking a dig just anxious to read what Stuart has to say.

People are right to be irritated by the delay so I'm happy to take the flak. :)

Gigolo-Aunt

Maybe not you Beats but some of the way the questions about the minutes for me have been a wee bit disrespectful.   Easy to snipe from the sidelines but these guys are taking up their own time to make sessions like this happen.

Just seems a bit OTT

Maybe not you Beats but some of the way the questions about the minutes for me have been a wee bit disrespectful. Easy to snipe from the sidelines but these guys are taking up their own time to make sessions like this happen.

Just seems a bit OTT

Can't say I've seen that to be honest.

I've had a few tonight GA so apologies if you feel I was wrong bumping this back up. No offence was meant.

Dave I agree with what GA says you guys do give up a lot of free time and I wasn't harrassing you.

One question though. I know you had Ann a few years back but that was then. Could the question be asked if she had a bit of spare time maybe answer a few questions?

fabienleclerq

We had one with Ann a couple of years ago. We are hoping to be able to publish the minutes earlyish next week...hostage to fortune there.

If it's taken a couple of years to publish the minutes from Ann's Q&A wonder when we'll see Stuart's!!

If it's taken a couple of years to publish the minutes from Ann's Q&A wonder when we'll see Stuart's!!

:lol:

To be honest this forum appears to be the only way to get a response about issues relating to the  Foundation of Hearts. Emails are continually unanswered and if you're lucky enough to receive an answer it is a "glib" response.

The upcoming week will be interesting from my perspective as if, despite my continual emails, my payment is not taken I am of the mind to think that my payment is no longer required and as such I will no longer be interested. This from a person who has contributed from day one but is fed up being brushed off by nothing statements unfortunately.

Dagger Is Back

Don't see the problem waiting to be honest. It's not like we're in a race against the clock.

Would it be an idea to video the interviews in the future? If we pass questions to the interviewee beforehand, I don't see much of an issue.

It would mean the interview being available to a wider audience and more quickly too

davemclaren

To be honest this forum appears to be the only way to get a response about issues relating to the  Foundation of Hearts. Emails are continually unanswered and if you're lucky enough to receive an answer it is a "glib" response.

The upcoming week will be interesting from my perspective as if, despite my continual emails, my payment is not taken I am of the mind to think that my payment is no longer required and as such I will no longer be interested. This from a person who has contributed from day one but is fed up being brushed off by nothing statements unfortunately.

That would be unfortunate to be honest. Like this forum, FoH is run by unpaid volunteers whose main attribute is that they are Hearts supporters so it's hard to be as efficient as commercial organisations ( not that they are always efficient in my experience ).

Hopefully, you will stick with helping the foundation financially as I personally think it's vital that we all do.

davemclaren

Don't see the problem waiting to be honest. It's not like we're in a race against the clock.

Would it be an idea to video the interviews in the future? If we pass questions to the interviewee beforehand, I don't see much of an issue.

It would mean the interview being available to a wider audience and more quickly too

Thabks for yours and other suggestions. We do have to review how we do these sort of things once we deliver on this one.

Don't stress Dave. You do a great job but as you have accepted this could have been handled better.

Hows the wine going down?

davemclaren

Don't stress Dave. You do a great job but as you have accepted this could have been handled better.

Hows the wine going down?

Very well thanks.

Archived