Scott Allan

The jj era

Purely a thought, not ITK.

Returned from loan deal back to Celtic, signed a four year contract when he joined but seemingly surplus to requirements. Putting his history and background to the side, I think the footballer in him is exactly what we need. Is he worth a punt or his previous history too risky for the club to gamble on.

Also am I right in saying he would've worked with Cathro at DU or was that after Allan left?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for me. Hasn't impressed above Scottish Championship level and even then it wasn't consistently effective. Not good enough for Hearts unless Cathro really is a genius.

Has Scott Allen actually done anything bad to Hearts apart from playing for the Vermin?

Thought he was more than decent for them. Seems to lose his way to often however and needs a club to play for long term.

How good would it be if we signed him and he scored a raker against Hibs?

Has Scott Allen actually done anything bad to Hearts apart from playing for the Vermin?

Thought he was more than decent for them. Seems to lose his way to often however and needs a club to play for long term.

How good would it be if we signed him and he scored a raker against Hibs?

Played well for hibs in the championship but failed when it mattered and didn't get them promoted.

Most of the midfielders we had that coasted the championship couldn't last up here. Same with defenders.

Hibs shifted him and replaced him with McGinn. Within 3 weeks they couldn't believe they had liked Allan because McGinn was miles ahead.

He moved to celtic and was way out his depth.

He moved south again and was again way out his depth.

He's an absolute **** no for me. Massively overated by Hibs fans and media who now all think he's overated as well.

i wish jj was my dad

We tried signing his sort with swanson and it didn't work out.

Can't see us making the same mistake again

Scott Allan won a watch with the move to Celtic, he happily took the money knowing he would never get near a 1st team place. 

Celtic would never have bought him if it wasn't a chance do get one over on Rangers, Rangers were only interested because Allan was hugely overhyped in the press.

He's an attacking midfield player who in his 'standout' season managed to score less than 3/4 of our defence! Wasn't good enough then, not good enough now.

Bazzas right boot

We seriously lacking players ATM

Even a loan deal might suit all, however we need players to hit the ground running, not take a month to get match fit.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but he is decent and we need decent players, particularly if we can't get any good ones ATM.

Son Of Anarchy

Rotherham are a better side than us so i think he would do a job

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did he tweet you saying that?

Did he tweet you saying that?

Dont be silly now

He hasnt used his twitter account since leaving Hibs

Luscious Laryea

Please can we stop linking him at every opportunity?

He really isn't that good.

Really?

Yes i personally think they are a better team. They play in englands 2nd tier.albeit badly but they have more expensive and Better players and also Bigger wages that attact said better players. Only my opinion of course

Son Of Anarchy

Dont be silly now

He hasnt used his twitter account since leaving Hibs

You missed the chance to pass the buck there. You think Rotherham are better than us?

Yes i personally think they are a better team. They play in englands 2nd tier.albeit badly but they have more expensive and Better players and also Bigger wages that attact said better players. Only my opinion of course

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/national/146216-championship-club-club

Our wage bill was 700k higher than Rotherham's last season. I haven't watched them to know if they are better than us though I doubt they have players with caps for national teams like the USA, Cameroon, Morocco and Scotland.

Kirk Broadfoot and Darnell Fisher who was at St Johnstone last year play for them so I would be concerned if we couldn't beat them. 

If Scott Allan can't cut it there he isn't good enough for us. 

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/national/146216-championship-club-club

Our wage bill was 800k higher than Rotherham's last season. I haven't watched them to know if they are better than us though I doubt they have players with caps for national teams like the USA, Cameroon, Morocco and Scotland.

Kirk Broadfoot and Darnell Fisher who was at St Johnstone last year play for them so I would be concerned if we couldn't beat them.

If Scott Allan can't cut it there he isn't good enough for us.

Fair point i assumed they would be spending bigger than us. I would still take a chance on him. We are crying out for a creative player in the middle of the park

Fair point i assumed they would be spending bigger than us. I would still take a chance on him. We are crying out for a creative player in the middle of the park

Tbf to you most clubs in the Championship do. He'd be worth a punt on a short term deal but having 2 and a half years left on his deal with Celtic means he will likely be farmed out on loan till the end of his deal unless he negotiates his release. Which I doubt he will do as it would end up with him losing out financially. His most likely destination is Hibs on loan. 

Bazzas right boot

Is signing him stops the threads, we need to go get'im. Priority no1

Lol

From what I saw of him playing for Hibs (mainly in the season we were in the Championship), I think he looked like a great player.

I would sign him on a free if I was Hearts boss and could afford the wage.

That said, he scored 2 goals in 32 championship games in 2014/15.  That same season even Buaben scored 4 in 24 and Buaben only runs forward if he is being chased by gunfire.

Surely you were able to discern their wage bill from the ability of their players?

I believe it was Bertrand Russell that once said "and also Bigger wages that attact said better players"

gorgie rd eh11

He might be a decent player, who knows.

Like every player who manages to not trip over his own feet while playing for hibs he was hyped up as some kind of superstar. If he is decent he's still to prove it at a good level.

He might be a decent player, who knows.

Like every player who manages to not trip over his own feet while playing for hibs he was hyped up as some kind of superstar. If he is decent he's still to prove it at a good level.

:D

They'll label anything a legend.

Think he's a top class player we really need.

every post about hi be or ex hi be players, subtlety not your strong point is it

chester copperpot

No thanks.

Decent player.

Has the loyalty of a day old frog spawn.

Even hibs will testify to that.

To say he is p1sh is a little childish he is a decent player who if managed correctly could get better.

However he has no loyalty and i dont believe he is what Cathro would want.

Archived