John Hill joins MK Dons

Thought Police

Malcolm Tucker

Inevitable, shame though. He's a key reason why Callum Paterson became the machine that he is. Players seemed to love working with him as well.

Hopefully we can replace with someone of a similar quality.

fabienleclerq

Seemed to be a well liked member of staff hopefully replaceable.

Think CP would be a tank regardless, he seems to be a 100% at everything.

kingantti1874

Tin hat on, I don't think we've always looked as "fit" as we have claimed to be.. paterson aside.. let's face it he is very much the exception.

MK Dons announce John Hill as Head of Sports Science

MK Dons have announced the appointment of former Hearts coach John Hill as their Head of Sports Science following Damien Doyle?s departure.

Hill re-links up with Robbie Neilson after the pair worked together in the Scottish Premiership and he was even promoted by the Dons boss in his previous role.

Neilson told the Dons website  ?John has got a great pedigree ? the work he has done speaks for itself. We worked very well together at Hearts and I know what he will bring to the table. I?m delighted to have him on board.

?I?m confident he can carry on the good work that had already been put in place.?

Hill added: ?MK Dons is a fantastic Club. I wanted to come down to England to progress my career and challenge myself in a new environment.

?The opportunity to work with Robbie and Stevie again was also a big factor for me ? we have a good relationship and I believe that will help benefit the squad.

?Together, we enjoyed good success at Hearts by providing the squad with the best possible support and that is something I want to continue here so they can go and compete the way Robbie wants them to.

?I?m here to develop the players? athletic potential which will hopefully help us get results on the field.?

MK Dons announce John Hill as Head of Sports Science

MK Dons have announced the appointment of former Hearts coach John Hill as their Head of Sports Science following Damien Doyle?s departure.

Hill re-links up with Robbie Neilson after the pair worked together in the Scottish Premiership and he was even promoted by the Dons boss in his previous role.

Neilson told the Dons website ?John has got a great pedigree ? the work he has done speaks for itself. We worked very well together at Hearts and I know what he will bring to the table. I?m delighted to have him on board.

?I?m confident he can carry on the good work that had already been put in place.?

Hill added: ?MK Dons is a fantastic Club. I wanted to come down to England to progress my career and challenge myself in a new environment.

?The opportunity to work with Robbie and Stevie again was also a big factor for me ? we have a good relationship and I believe that will help benefit the squad.

?Together, we enjoyed good success at Hearts by providing the squad with the best possible support and that is something I want to continue here so they can go and compete the way Robbie wants them to.

?I?m here to develop the players? athletic potential which will hopefully help us get results on the field.?

I may have had a long day, but are we accepting "re-link" as a word?

I may have had a long day, but are we accepting "re-link" as a word?

No

The 're' is unnecessary

'links up again' but it's obvious anyway

Progress his career ? At pish like MK Dons.

More dosh more like.

Hopefully he can be replaced with better.

Think it's a team. Different to have the fitness coach perhaps. But the modern way. Robbie and John Hill may stick together whole career if they do well.

Disappointing, seemed to have a great rapport with the players

This.

A decent poach by Neilson, but IC/AM will already have had someone lined up, or even shadowing. JH didn't leave shortly after Neilson despite strong rumours he was joining him, so I think there's been some handover involved, which will keep disruption to a minimum.

All in all, the mid season RN to IC transition has been quite smooth.

FenderJaguar7

The quicker we lose all of those that have the Neilson loser mentality the better.

"Neilson loser mentality" :rofl:

Have a word.

Didn't manage to make Sammon leap.

You could give Sammon a trampoline, and he'd still manage to make himself smaller when jumping.

The quicker we lose all of those that have the Neilson loser mentality the better.

Aye, that well know loser Neilson who had us ace the championship, finish 3rd, qualify for Europe and left is 2nd place in the table.

Good riddance to him I say....

Isn't JH from the West Midlands originally and still has his fianc? and family there? Makes sense if so, MK just an hour down the M1

Not convinced hearts are particularly fit squad.

It would say the opposite. In latter periods of matches last year or so i would say hearts have struggled due to lack of fitness.

John Hill may have great ideas etc. But not sure huge loss to hearts imo

This.

A decent poach by Neilson, but IC/AM will already have had someone lined up, or even shadowing. JH didn't leave shortly after Neilson despite strong rumours he was joining him, so I think there's been some handover involved, which will keep disruption to a minimum.

All in all, the mid season RN to IC transition has been quite smooth.

More like it took Robbie a few week's to offload the incumbent at MK so that there was a space for Hill.

jamboinglasgow

Will be a loss for him, certainly seemed popular with the players and a hard worker and knew his stuff. But I can understand him taking a chance to move after 6 years, sometimes you need a new challenge. Best of luck to him in MK Dons.

Will be interested to see who we get to replace him.

Neilson's Shank

Inevitable, but there will be lots of very capable candidates out there. Assistants at top clubs over the UK looking to lead their own department. We are a prize job and hope that we can get someone who is as capable and equally as popular with the squad.

Hasn't been involved as much with Cathro as he was with Robbie. Makes sense for him to leave if he isn't being used. Did some terrific work in his time at hearts and the players, particularly those who came through the acadamy as he worked through the ranks, loved him. Best of luck to him.

Hasn't been involved as much with Cathro as he was with Robbie. Makes sense for him to leave if he isn't being used. Did some terrific work in his time at hearts and the players, particularly those who came through the acadamy as he worked through the ranks, loved him. Best of luck to him.

Maybe it was because he was leaving? 

--

Personally hate when former coaches do this. John Hill seemed to have a good relationship with the players too which makes it more disapointing. 

From what I've heard he's not a big fan or believe in the sports science approach

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

jamboinglasgow

From what I've heard he's not a big fan or believe in the sports science approach

Cathro?

Really?  A sports scientist who leaves a job as a sports scientist and one club to go to another club as a sports scientist isn't a big fan of, or doesn't believe in, sports science?

Interesting!

Really? A sports scientist who leaves a job as a sports scientist and one club to go to another club as a sports scientist isn't a big fan of, or doesn't believe in, sports science?

Interesting!

Not sure if your serious but I'll assume your thick. Cathro I mean

Bazzas right boot

Ha ha.

Not surprised by this. In fact I'm sure it was mentioned when Robbie left that Hill would be going down there as well. Let's hope Karen doesn't decide to go down as well

Heard from whom?

Tin hat on, I don't think we've always looked as "fit" as we have claimed to be.. paterson aside.. let's face it he is very much the exception.

I agree,

Cathro's Laptop

"You're"

Might advise give the players a week off their recharge their batteries and have time off with their families.

To be fair I thought you meant Hill at first too seeing as the thread is about him and you didn't mention cathro's name. You could've made it clearer

Luscious Laryea

Is this regarded as being a negative outcome?

I really felt our mentality held us back last season, although perhaps that was more down to tactical differences away from home.

As both a strength and conditioning and football coach I feel this is pretty unfortunate. He was an integral part of hearts and I'd say he was the best coach we had. He'll go far beyond MK Dons.

I agree that at times we did not appear to be as fit as claimed even with the triple training sessions.

Genero Zeefuik (although it was a short term loan) and Danny Swanson were not in exactly pristine condition.

Then there was times when people seemed to be rushed back into the squad too quickly - Bauben is one I can think of, maybe Dale Carrick?

Obviously some of these decisions were ultimately down to the manager and I am sure some of the work done has helped but personally I will be quite happy if the rigorous training is scaled back and we see a fresher, less lethargic team on a Saturday.

Doesn't know how to quote another post, or in any other way provide a clue as to what he or she is referring to.

Doesn't know the difference between your and you're.

Doesn't know how to use commas.

Assumes other people are thick.

Oh, the irony!

Archived