Fixture Changes March/April

kila

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5658

Three of Hearts? Ladbrokes Premiership fixtures in March and April have been moved for live television broadcast.

The Jambos? match away to Aberdeen on Saturday March 18th will now kick off at 12.15pm and will be broadcast live on BT Sport.

Ian Cathro?s side then host Celtic at Tynecastle a few weeks later. The match was originally scheduled for Saturday April 1st but will now take place a day later on Sunday April 2nd. The 12.30pm kick off will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Finally, Hearts? trip to Kilmarnock has been brought forward to Friday April 14th. The match will be live on BT Sport and is scheduled to kick off at 7.45pm.

Ticket details for all three fixtures will be announced in due course.

August Landmesser

FFS. Getting to Aberdeen from Edinburgh for 12.15 is going to be a pain.

The Aberdeen fans must be fuming :tiny:

Some cheap train tickets still available to Aberdeen

Trains at 7.29 and 8.28 from Edinburgh. A few ?5 tickets available.

Half time pie

Should be a good money spinner for the club. Pain in the arse for its boots on the ground supporters though.

Kilmarnock on a Friday night is pish too, any fan that works until 5pm can't get there by train, even those that can won't be back to edinburgh until half 12 at night, thought Scottish Football wanted to encourage young fans?

Forgive my leaky memory but what's the score gonna be with post split fixtures?

Are we playing all away from home, or will we still be using Tynie?

Budge said aiming for last few games to be away from home, so I imagine our first two post split will be at home

I've realise that being a football supporter that you can't plan long term, especially around scheduled high profile games and not expect disruption to the diary. However as others have said above **** TV.

It'll either be two at home and three away or vice versa (almost certainly two at home). The hope is that the SPFL will be able to schedule our home games first, allowing work on demolition of the existing main stand to begin earlier.

It'll either be two at home and three away or vice versa (almost certainly two at home). The hope is that the SPFL will be able to schedule our home games first, allowing work on demolition of the existing main stand to begin earlier.

2 at home, 3 away gives a total of 18 home and away

Just wondering if we need an extra week and just play 1 at home

Imagine giving a wider range of fans the chance to watch their team play.

Them tv folk are dirty rotten *******s

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Do you mean 19 games?

Imagine giving a wider range of fans the chance to watch their team play.

Them tv folk are dirty rotten *******s

All good and well but the travelling support are inconvenienced again, Aberdeen at 12.15 and Killie on a Friday night, 2nd time this season we have had to go to Killie for a night match, if you don't go to games it's great,if you do then it is a pain in the backside.

Kilmarnock on a Friday night is pish too, any fan that works until 5pm can't get there by train, even those that can won't be back to edinburgh until half 12 at night, thought Scottish Football wanted to encourage young fans?

I think that is Good Friday so a lot of people will have the day off.  Could be good for an early train and day session

All good and well but the travelling support are inconvenienced again, Aberdeen at 12.15 and Killie on a Friday night, 2nd time this season we have had to go to Killie for a night match, if you don't go to games it's great,if you do then it is a pain in the backside.

Aye you're right, it makes things inconvenient for sure, but not impossible, especially with 2 months notice to get things sorted...and it's not even half as bad as England where fans have to do journeys twice as long as edinburgh-aberdeen for a 12 ko. And let's face it, nobody on kickback gave 2 sh?tes about Kilmarnock fans coming through on a Tuesday night just 2 days after Christmas..nobody cared about Aberdeen fans having to come for a night game on the 30th. Lots of people on here, and it's with no disrespect to yourself, just want to be angry about something and moan about how tv has killed football etc etc

Aye you're right, it makes things inconvenient for sure, but not impossible, especially with 2 months notice to get things sorted...and it's not even half as bad as England where fans have to do journeys twice as long as edinburgh-aberdeen for a 12 ko. And let's face it, nobody on kickback gave 2 sh?tes about Kilmarnock fans coming through on a Tuesday night just 2 days after Christmas..nobody cared about Aberdeen fans having to come for a night game on the 30th. Lots of people on here, and it's with no disrespect to yourself, just want to be angry about something and moan about how tv has killed football etc etc

I am not angry more frustrated and I certainly never stated that tv is killing football,I am however convenor for a supporters club, these times and days make it difficult to fill buses no matter how far in advance they are announced as folk who pick and choose away matches tend not to go, we do have a hard core support that go everywhere and we will run buses(reduced capacity) but at 3pm on a a saturday we would have more travelling.

Out of curiosity, do you travel to away matches?

The Treasurer

The two homes games over the festive period you mention will have inconvenienced a lot of Hearts fans as well as the travelling fans.

Lets face it, TV companies don't give a shit about fans who actually go to games.

That actually gives 19 home and away!

We'll be playing the number of home games we're supposed to, the only question is how the post-split ones will be scheduled.

The idea that we'd even be allowed to gift another club an extra home game, never mind the fact that we'd be giving up the revenue from a home game ourselves, and denying every season ticket holder a game that they'd basically paid for, would be distinctly unlikely IMO.

IveSeenTheLight

Aberdeen have three midweek games against Hamilton, twice away.

Not even Friday's, but all on Tuesday nights.

Its the modern way I guess.

However, having said that, I seem to recall there was always midweek games throughout my time supporting Aberdeen.

Aberdeen have three midweek games against Hamilton, twice away.

Not even Friday's, but all on Tuesday nights.

Its the modern way I guess.

However, having said that, I seem to recall there was always midweek games throughout my time supporting Aberdeen.

It is the modern way, last season we had 6 away matches at Aberdeen, ICT and Dingwall, only 1 of those was at 3pm on a Saturday, as I said in an earlier post, if you don't go to matches it is great, if you do it is a pain IMO

IveSeenTheLight

It is the modern way, last season we had 6 away matches at Aberdeen, ICT and Dingwall, only 1 of those was at 3pm on a Saturday, as I said in an earlier post, if you don't go to matches it is great, if you do it is a pain IMO

It'd be interesting to consider the percentage of home games that varied from the traditional time and the same for away games.

There could be an argument that changing away games disrupts less of your own fans

I am not angry more frustrated and I certainly never stated that tv is killing football,I am however convenor for a supporters club, these times and days make it difficult to fill buses no matter how far in advance they are announced as folk who pick and choose away matches tend not to go, we do have a hard core support that go everywhere and we will run buses(reduced capacity) but at 3pm on a a saturday we would have more travelling.

As I say, I'm making no digs at yourself and I'm speaking more generally about the people who think tv is killing football. I used to go to away matches but now I'm a 22 year old with a part time job that makes me work weekends and has to provide for 2 kids so I don't get to go, no matter how much I want to. These fixture changes do however mean people in my situation will get to see these games that I otherwise wouldn't have

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Should be a good money spinner for the club. Pain in the arse for its boots on the ground supporters though.

It won't bring in any money at all for the club.

It won't bring in any money at all for the club.

Advertising boards by the pitch? The club only put up the digital ones during televised games, and I think the club keeps all that revenue for domestic games?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Advertising boards by the pitch? The club only put up the digital ones during televised games, and I think the club keeps all that revenue for domestic games?

So we're only talking about one of those three games then? I can't imagine that's going to make a huge difference to our finances.

So we're only talking about one of those three games then? I can't imagine that's going to make a huge difference to our finances.

Gives the club and players some exposure too being on a national broadcast like Sky or BT given the number of subscribers they have.

But I'm not advocating this, nor do I think those 'benefits' are worth it when the ultimate price is real fans being taken for granted.

Budge said aiming for last few games to be away from home, so I imagine our first two post split will be at home

Bummer. I've got a group of Germans coming over on the 29th hoping to catch a game and it seems like away will be easier. :lol:

I'm pretty sure they're at every home game these days.

Seymour M Hersh

Can anyone tell me outside of their arsecheek derby matches how often do celtic and the rangers have their Saturday games at home moved to accommodate the cameras? 

Heartsmad1874

Think Celtic v Hearts is the first game to be moved at either Celtic Park/Ibrox. Every away game for them is shown live though.

Think Celtic v Hearts is the first game to be moved at either Celtic Park/Ibrox. Every away game for them is shown live though.

Its at Tynecastle.

I'm pretty sure they're at every home game these days.

The digital ones? Not behind the goals anyway... I'm in the main so maybe the one down the front is always there but they only put up the others when it's televised

The digital ones? Not behind the goals anyway... I'm in the main so maybe the one down the front is always there but they only put up the others when it's televised

Always there at the main, behind the goals only seems to be at televised games

Can anyone tell me outside of their arsecheek derby matches how often do celtic and the rangers have their Saturday games at home moved to accommodate the cameras?

There was one last season I think. 3-1 at Celtic Park towards the tail end of the season that I believe was a 12 kick off or thereabouts

Hannibal Lecter

There was one last season I think. 3-1 at Celtic Park towards the tail end of the season that I believe was a 12 kick off or thereabouts

Correct, the one towards the beginning of April if memory serves me correctly.

Correct, the one towards the beginning of April if memory serves me correctly.

That'll be the one! I knew it was roughly March/April time but couldn't remember for sure

Archived