Faycal Rherras

132goals1958

We're listening to offers for Kitchen apparently, so if the price is right he'll be away.

Which is fine - he arrived at Hearts with the intention of getting a bit of the spotlight to attract a move to England, and with 2 years left on his contract, he could bring us in a wee bit cash, hopefully.

If there are English Championship clubs after him I hope the offers are in excess of ?1m. He's under contract until June 2018 so there's no need to let him go for a few hundred ?K at this time

It's revealing that Cathro turned to Nowak to play anchor role within 3 games having not played a single minute under Neilson.

I believe it suits both Kitchen and Hearts for a move to happen this month. Cathro seemingly is happy for him to move.

A reasonable fee is likely as he has 18 months remaining. Six months of indifferent displays in a position he isn't comfortable in, or sidelined isn't in either parties interests

Nowak was outstanding against Killie playing in the middle of the park - still baffled why Cathro moved him to Centre Back in that shambles against Aberdeen.

We_are_the_Hearts

Nowak was outstanding against Killie playing in the middle of the park - still baffled why Cathro moved him to Centre Back in that shambles against Aberdeen.

He started at CB against Killy but the nature of the game allowed him to move into midfield a lot.

No problem with ambition but maybe start keeping it to themselves instead of being so public about it and talking at length.

It is becoming irritating and it never used to bother me really.

When this attitude is widely spread, and quite openly and regularly, I sometimes think it's too much in the players heads about what's in the future for them and possibly a bit more commitment diminishes.

We aren't a halfway house for players to come and play a few decent games then think they are ready to jump. Some actually get ahead of themselves too.

I agree, as I have no problem in players aspiring to a higher level and hopefully earning us some money. A little bit of realism would not go amiss and in this instance a comment along the lines of " I need to consolidate my position step up a gear and hopefully prove that I can earn a lucrative move in the future. "

Rherras has the physical gifts but his ability on the ball and positioning is miles away from English top league level.  He's been kept out of the side by a youth right back recently!

He is the sort of player who should be able to be developed.  The new management team have a lot of work to do to kickstart that process.

No problem with ambition but maybe start keeping it to themselves instead of being so public about it and talking at length.

It is becoming irritating and it never used to bother me really.

When this attitude is widely spread, and quite openly and regularly, I sometimes think it's too much in the players heads about what's in the future for them and possibly a bit more commitment diminishes.

We aren't a halfway house for players to come and play a few decent games then think they are ready to jump. Some actually get ahead of themselves too.

I kind of agree, but the club itself market itself as a stepping stone to better leagues, when trying to sign players. Unfortunately, so far, most of the ones we have signed haven't a hope in hell of achieving it.

Elias Henry Furst

It seems to have taken Cathro 90 mins at Ibrox to suss him out. Often caught out of position, weak in the tackle and poor in the air.

That we've signed the boy from Hamilton speaks volumes.

He'll never play for a bigger club than Hearts.

It seems to have taken Cathro 90 mins at Ibrox to suss him out. Often caught out of position, weak in the tackle and poor in the air.

That we've signed the boy from Hamilton speaks volumes.

He'll never play for a bigger club than Hearts.

Pretty much where I am with him. He was tragic at ibrox and the fact that Liam Smith was arguably hung out to dry at left back subsequently whilst Rherras was fit enough to be on the bench says much about Cathro's first and possibly lasting impression of Rherras.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if Rherras or Rossi, or even both, end up at MK Dons this month

Pretty much where I am with him. He was tragic at ibrox and the fact that Liam Smith was arguably hung out to dry at left back subsequently whilst Rherras was fit enough to be on the bench says much about Cathro's first and possibly lasting impression of Rherras.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if Rherras or Rossi, or even both, end up at MK Dons this month

Who do MK Dons have currently as their left / right back? Would rherras or Rossi even get a game for them?

Who do MK Dons have currently as their left / right back? Would rherras or Rossi even get a game for them?

Lewington is left back. Has been for a few years. No idea who is right back.

Lad Darren Potter is in their midfield. He who Mad Vlad threatened to sign from Liverpool years back.

No problem with players being ambitious, in fact I'm all for it. I think he should concentrate on playing consistently well for us before giving his mind a treat regarding moves to England though.

Captain Bubblebeard

The article says he would like to play at the highest level in England, ask every single player in Scotland and they'll say the same.

As much as I agree, I'd exclude Scott Brown from that. Shitebag who knows his limitations.

Captain Bubblebeard

I'd rather have players who want to play in Europe's top leagues than ones who see the SPL as the limit of their ambitions (like Scott Brown for example).

Beat me to it!

This crops up every few months. Player asked would you like to play in the English Premiership or what are your aspirations. The difference seems to be that if he is one of ours it is headlined and highlighted. Any player in Scotland would always answer in the same way. In his case he may have Sussed his time at Tynie is drawing to a close and is trying to issue a come and get me to drum up some interest. Imo he is no where near that standard and wouldn't invisage he ever will be.

I'd rather have players who want to play in Europe's top leagues than ones who see the SPL as the limit of their ambitions (like Scott Brown for example). Players who have no ambition to move on from the SPL will not improve by playing the likes of Hamilton, ICT, Ross Co etc etc three times every season.

I disagree - as much as Scott brown comes across as not the nicest of people, he is a fans favourite and gives his all for Celtic! Would much rather have players who want to play for hearts and not be bothered about moving on a year later - and are more loyal to the fans who ultimately pay their wages

i wish jj was my dad

I disagree - as much as Scott brown comes across as not the nicest of people, he is a fans favourite and gives his all for Celtic! Would much rather have players who want to play for hearts and not be bothered about moving on a year later - and are more loyal to the fans who ultimately pay their wages

Broon gets a shed load of money and immunity from disciplinary action in his current role. Not sure you can compare him with any of our boys.

Rherras was not offered a new deal with Sint-Truiden after some poor displays in his final year with the club.We have cluttered up our squad with some bang average players,hopefully now with some sensible recruitment we can progress.

jamboinglasgow

If him and Kitchen do go (as Spencer says) then we really need to pull out a few signings this month. Add in other players rumoured that we want to get rid (Sammon and Oshaniwa.)

I've got absolutely no issues with our players having ambitions of playing at the highest level, I would expect that to be honest, but I have to say it does really piss me off every time I hear one of our players talking about it to the media. Especially after only being with us for half a season, in Rherras' case, and especially to that rag of a paper!

Imagine we walked around our work saying that our dream was to move on to bigger and better things... we all think it but doesn't mean we have to make sure that everyone is fully aware.

A simple "I'd rather not talk about playing in England as right now I'm fully focused on Hearts" would be nice to hear rather than hearing of their dreams for EPL stardom.

Absolutely spot on mate. Djoum done it earlier in the season aswell. I have no issue whatsoever with players wanting to play at the highest level but they need to get there head out the clouds and start putting in consistantly good performances for hearts first and foremost. From what I've seen from Rherras so far he won't be playing premiership football any time soon.

We love slagging off our own players, eh? :(

I think we basically just want them to start getting consistent at this level mate before going on about playing at a level that is 10 times better than the one they are currently struggling at. Not so much as slagging them off. In Rherras case I thought when I first seen him in the early European games he was going to be an excellent player but he has disappointed this season. By no means the only one tho

You'd have to be an absolute stand out at Hearts to get a move to the Premiership. Will never happen with Rherras as we all know. I'd be happy enough getting half a million from MKD or the like 

Can't dispute what you are saying but IMO he could have become a much better player if he'd tried his luck down south rather than sign for Celtic 10 years ago. The Paul McStay of his generation.

I have dreams of playing in the EPL too. All the money would be fantastic.

Shame im a shite footballer and those dreams will never become a reality. 

Faycal should have similar thoughts. 

Can't dispute what you are saying but IMO he could have become a much better player if he'd tried his luck down south rather than sign for Celtic 10 years ago. The Paul McStay of his generation.

Without the immunity he gets from Scottish referees, I think he would have been found out. And I think he knows it.

Good luck to him. To be honest if he was to turn round and say "My ambition is to stay at Hearts for the next 10-12 years" I'd be worried. Hopefully we get a couple of cracking years out of him and then a decent transfer fee.

Without the immunity he gets from Scottish referees, I think he would have been found out. And I think he knows it.

Dono, the Scott Brown that was at Hibs wasn't anywhere near as dirty and was far better going forward. It's Celtic that moulded him into Lennon MK2.

Glamorgan Jambo

It was an interview, in French, in a Belgian newspaper which the DR picked up on and added their own twist (blow to hearts) to. No problem with anything Rherras said in it.

As far as his ability is concerned that second goal at Ibrox where we let a long throw bounce in our box was as shambolic a piece of defending as I've seen in years. So he has a lot of improvement to make although he can look decent going forward. Still think the defence is struggling to adapt to the presence of Souttar though.

I like ambition as much as the next person but I wish some of these players would just do their talking on the pitch and then if they are good enough they will get interest, fed up with players saying I want to move to England when they have first signed or 6 months down the line, fwiw I don't really rate him, he cost that winning goal V Celtic by getting dragged out of position and left Sinclair with a free run on goal, however I will sat he is a RB and not a LB so if he gets a chance at RB then hopefully he can prove to be a good signing, I feel he has bought a little bit of time purely because of the fact he is a massive upgrade on Oshiwana.

Lewington at left back who's been there since they moved from Wimbledon. Was a good player in his day but has completely lost what pace he had. George baldock plays right back who is a pretty decent player and looks good going forward.

I'd like Rherras to stay because...Faycal matter(s).

I prefer

A good performance from Faycal is as Rherras ****

Archived