Faycal Rherras

132goals1958

Quote from today?s BBC  gossip page

?Hearts left-back Faycal Rherras is eager to win a move to England's Premier League?.

Whilst I think it is good to have ambition, I think it would be in his better interest to establish himself by going on a consistent run of good form and the future will take care of itself. Still think he has got a lot to prove. 

The article says there is interest in him from down south. I would not be surprised to see him leave in this window, not ITK but I've been told that this will be happening.

highlandjambo3

aye he's eager............. as are dozens of other Scottish players.  EPL does not seem to be eager to have him though

Jambof3tornado

The article says there is interest in him from down south. I would not be surprised to see him leave in this window, not ITK but I've been told that this will be happening.

If you've been told it's happening then are you not ITK?

His multi goal line clearances will have got some attention but not sure anyone in the prem would see him as an upgrade.

Why can't we have players who just want to play for Hearts, and not worry about playing in England?

Money and human nature.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Why can't we have players who just want to play for Hearts, and not worry about playing in England?

:spoton: 

because a player whos ambition ends at hearts will most likely be a very average/ poor player,

because a player whos ambition ends at hearts will most likely be a very average/ poor player,

But just because they have ambition to go to England, doesn't necessarily make them a better player though!  Just more greedy perhaps

tartofmidlothian

The article says he would like to play at the highest level in England, ask every single player in Scotland and they'll say the same. We must be doing something right if our players can say it and not be laughed at.

The goal line clearances and his pace will no doubt stand out. I think on the whole he's been a good LB after a shaky start. It'd be surprised if he landed in the EPL though, Championship aye.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I can see the point that players who want to go south have to impress whilst at Tynecastle but in the rush to move we lose out on the team spirit that is needed to bring us success long term. It is normally in the second or third season that a team is together that trophies are won. We did it in 07 but that was more a one off !

But just because they have ambition to go to England, doesn't necessarily make them a better player though!  Just more greedy perhaps

Wanting to move from Hearts to the Premiership isn't 'greedy', the SPLs a 3rd rate European league and Hearts are a pretty small club by European standards. If any player outside an Edinburgh born Hearts fan sees that as the pinnacle of their ambitions they need their head seen too.

Luscious Laryea

Decent player, but he's English Championship level in my opinion.

Good going forward and pretty skilful, but his defensive positioning (other than on the goal-line) is fairly poor.

I'd rather have players who want to play in Europe's top leagues than ones who see the SPL as the limit of their ambitions (like Scott Brown for example). Players who have no ambition to move on from the SPL will not improve by playing the likes of Hamilton, ICT, Ross Co etc etc three times every season.

loveofthegame

I'm eager to play in the EPL. I have about as much chance as Rherras does.

I'm not saying he is awful, but he is struggling to be good enough for us at the moment, let alone the EPL.

If we can get a few quid for him in this window it would be excellent business. It's highly questionable on evidence seen so far as to whether he's good enough for the SPL.

One player I have heard is likely to move this month is Perry Kitchen.

We_are_the_Hearts

If we can get a few quid for him in this window it would be excellent business. It's highly questionable on evidence seen so far as to whether he's good enough for the SPL.

The only fit players who would be a big loss IMO are Walker and Johnsen. The rest are easily replaced

Okay, if he goes makes sense we have signed a replacement

Oshinwa said in summer he had lots of interest. Presumably through his agent.

The only fit players who would be a big loss IMO are Walker and Johnsen. The rest are easily replaced

You're probably right. Even then I wouldn't be too bothered about those two either. Walker on his day is a good player

It's in the daily record with comments such as " hearts dealt bitter blow" and "fans favourite" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] what a pile of shite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's one of the most depressing aspects of the modern game.

This particular player needs to worry more about his performances for Hearts.

Premier League he's having a laugh surely.

Will be on to our 3rd captain in one season!  Why would Perry want to leave so quickly?

Maroonblood22

I've got absolutely no issues with our players having ambitions of playing at the highest level, I would expect that to be honest, but I have to say it does really piss me off every time I hear one of our players talking about it to the media. Especially after only being with us for half a season, in Rherras' case, and especially to that rag of a paper!

Imagine we walked around our work saying that our dream was to move on to bigger and better things... we all think it but doesn't mean we have to make sure that everyone is fully aware.

A simple "I'd rather not talk about playing in England as right now I'm fully focused on Hearts" would be nice to hear rather than hearing of their dreams for EPL stardom.

Wish players would keep their gub shut about stuff like this. He's been here 6 months for feck sake and hasn't been a stand out. Still a hell of a lot to prove before any team in the prem/championship takes note. 

If it's true that teams down south are interested, meh let him go. We'll see where he ends up 

Sounds like a dramatic headline based on a throwaway comment. Every player wants to play at as high a level as possible, shouldn't be a talking point.

Wanting to move from Hearts to the Premiership isn't 'greedy', the SPLs a 3rd rate European league and Hearts are a pretty small club by European standards. If any player outside an Edinburgh born Hearts fan sees that as the pinnacle of their ambitions they need their head seen too.

No problem with ambition but maybe start keeping it to themselves instead of being so public about it and talking at length.

It is becoming irritating and it never used to bother me really.

When this attitude is widely spread, and quite openly and regularly, I sometimes think it's too much in the players heads about what's in the future for them and possibly a bit more commitment diminishes.

We aren't a halfway house for players to come and play a few decent games then think they are ready to jump. Some actually get ahead of themselves too.

maroonnicky63

oh now let me think

No problem with ambition but maybe start keeping it to themselves instead of being so public about it and talking at length.

When this attitude is widely spread, and quite openly and regularly, I sometimes think it's too much in the players heads about what's in the future for them and possibly a bit more commitment diminishes.

We aren't a halfway house for players to come and play a few decent games then think they are ready to jump. Some actually get ahead of themselves too.

Only Hearts have marketed themselves as a platform to England so we can't really fault the players for buying into that when they come here...

That caught my eye Spencer. Is that because there is interest in Kitchen, or because Kitchen wants to move? If it's the latter, it's not exactly a vote of confidence in the new management team. Kitchen is an international player and strikes me as a smart guy.

Even without knowing the whole transcript of the interview i still seriously doubt he spoke to the press with intention of telling everyone he wants to go to the premiership.

Hearts for starters probably agreed to him speaking to the record in the first place and probably under the impression he was going g to be asked about either how he's adapted to Scotland or our next game. Wouldn't surprise me if much of the interview covered that but he's been naive enough to answer one question later about where he'd like to play eventually if possible. The red tops are rags, being from Belgium and probably never having read one of them Rherras can be forgiven for being ignorant of that but Hearts are stupid for even allowing any of our players to speak to them.

The Daily Record should probably just rename themselves Level 5 News, tbh. I'd hope that somebody at the club would speak to the squad and warn them about the way their interviews will be spun.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think we need a stronger backbone of older quality players who are maybe winding down their careers so there is a continuity when young players move on as the changes each season are then not so dramatic. Team spirit and a good bond between players and fans is needed if we are to improve and seeing players say they are keen to move so quickly makes it harder to get right behind them. One reason perhaps the atmosphere is so muted at the moment !

The Apprentice

So you'd rather us sign players who think Hearts is the highest they can go? The only way these players will earn a move to a higher level is by proving themselves week in week out and playing at a consistently high level which is enough to attract bigger clubs. They players need to give their all playing for us to achieve these moves, otherwise they will be going nowhere.

I don't have a problem with players wanting to move on to a higher level. I would prefer it though, if they stuck around a wee bit longer and that their main driving force was to win things while here. That should be the club's stance when trying to sell a move; Come to Hearts, win things and then move to a higher level.

This guy should be concentrating on getting a game for Hearts and not being made to look a junior player at times at this level before having any thoughts of moving on to anything better. It's actually laughable some of these players talking about stepping stones to the EPL when they look bang average on the SPL, just play your game and if you're good enough you'll get the move, sound ****ing daft coming out and stating their ambition then getting made to look a ***** against Partick Thistle at the weekend.

That caught my eye Spencer. Is that because there is interest in Kitchen, or because Kitchen wants to move? If it's the latter, it's not exactly a vote of confidence in the new management team. Kitchen is an international player and strikes me as a smart guy.

We're listening to offers for Kitchen apparently, so if the price is right he'll be away.

Which is fine - he arrived at Hearts with the intention of getting a bit of the spotlight to attract a move to England, and with 2 years left on his contract, he could bring us in a wee bit cash, hopefully.

Bit of a non-story IMO but enjoying reading the unecessary seethe it's causing some people

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think that's just the way of things.But the premier league ? Theylook to have big athletic full backs.I couldnt see him even in a mid to lower premiership side.

??????????????

Strong interest from English Championship seemingly

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Decent interview, focus on the good points, the squad is united and he is clearly committed to his better future, which benefits us if he does. Since we are not overly fussed about him, I think he is a 6.5/10, brilliant if a Premier club wants him, because he has a contract and we will be rewarded for no irreplaceable loss.

Shivers at Ibrox? Cold feet, aye

Maroonblood22

I think that's just the way of things.But the premier league ? Theylook to have big athletic full backs.I couldnt see him even in a mid to lower premiership side.

He'd be lucky to get a regular start for a top half championship team!

He's not a bad player at all, but if he genuinely thinks he can get a game in the EPL right now then he needs to lay off the smack. 

We're listening to offers for Kitchen apparently, so if the price is right he'll be away.

Which is fine - he arrived at Hearts with the intention of getting a bit of the spotlight to attract a move to England, and with 2 years left on his contract, he could bring us in a wee bit cash, hopefully.

It's revealing that Cathro turned to Nowak to play anchor role within 3 games having not played a single minute under Neilson.

I believe it suits both Kitchen and Hearts for a move to happen this month. Cathro seemingly is happy for him to move.

A reasonable fee is likely as he has 18 months remaining. Six months of indifferent displays in a position he isn't comfortable in, or sidelined isn't in either parties interests

Archived