Ozturk - I'll remember the good times

Chaps

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie Mac was let go as he was on big money and contract renewals would not have fit the wage structure (AFAIK)

Eckersley was let go because he was deemed not good enough for the P'ship, and he was facing surgery - which eventually kept him out of action all season (claiming wages from Hibs)

Keatings was let go because he was shite (and is proving this with Hibs)

Alexander priced himself out of a new contract

Oz left for reasons as yet fully unclear, but there's more to it than his side of the story in the interview. Looks to me though that Hughes & Souttar look like a better bet than Souttar & Oz, or Hughes & Oz

Not many clouds there.

Yep pretty much it for me.

Also Gomis left because he wasn't guaranteed first team football.

Pallardo left because he was coming to the end of his contact and wasn't good enough.

I think the Ozturk situation is puzzling but in reality he wasn't good enough and the emergence of Souttar who is coming on well maybe gave Levein second thoughts on Ozturk - who was probably on a decent wage.

Only came on the thread to see this^

Love to know what Neilson asked his hairdresser for when he got that lid cut. 'Just cut it like that dolly bird in EastEnders who likes the gear please'.

Yep pretty much it for me.

Also Gomis left because he wasn't guaranteed first team football.

Pallardo left because he was coming to the end of his contact and wasn't good enough.

I think the Ozturk situation is puzzling but in reality he wasn't good enough and the emergence of Souttar who is coming on well maybe gave Levein second thoughts on Ozturk - who was probably on a decent wage.

If you are right, that would suggest it was Levein's decision and not Neilson's or Cathro's.

siegementality

indeed I am. Mr Hughes has been in the game at a high level for about twenty years and earned more than 100 caps. I seriously doubt he would be interested in joining a club with a wage ceiling like ours if we had the reputation of treating players badly. Particularly when his ambition is to make the next WC.

I've no idea what happened with Alim. I liked him but his performances this season were awful so I can quite understand Robbie calling him out for it if that's what happened. The club quite properly don't wash their laundry in public like we did under VR and it looks like the moles have been smoked out too so maybe we will never know. I do know that doesn't fit with the anti Levein agenda but it's how I see it.

Ozturks worst performance was never as bad as Neilsons worst performance as a player so he'd have a cheek.

i wish jj was my dad

Ozturks worst performance was never as bad as Neilsons worst performance as a player so he'd have a cheek.

When was that? After a shaky start I thought Robbie was really steady. I wouldn't mind having somebody like him in the team for the rest of the season.

When was that? After a shaky start I thought Robbie was really steady. I wouldn't mind having somebody like him in the team for the rest of the season.

Robbie never had any stand out games for us. Either good or bad.

scott herbertson

Robbie never had any stand out games for us. Either good or bad.

Basel away was a stand out game for him - defending well and supported the attacks and scored a vital goal. Gretna cup final a bit special too....

Though I agree in general he was steady but unspectacular

i wish jj was my dad

Basel away was a stand out game for him - defending well and supported the attacks and scored a vital goal. Gretna cup final a bit special too....

Though I agree in general he was steady but unspectacular

Quite

We need a strong bench..... not everyone can start every week. Players like Gomis, King, Pollardo and Ozturk would be good squad players.

RN failed to create a strong bench and get players to buy into being a squad player.

Look at Nicholson it was pretty obvious he needed a break before he got injured. Hearts over played him and this probably created the conditions for him to get injured.

Our management of the squad was appalling under RN,..... why did it take so long to give Muirhead a chance.... why wasn't Novak given a chance under RN?

siegementality

Between 1999 and 2009 barring the only two performances that anyone can remember him being half decent. Steady must be the new term for pish.

i wish jj was my dad

Between 1999 and 2009 barring the only two performances that anyone can remember him being half decent. Steady must be the new term for pish.

Aye? I thought he was solid.

And he was first choice for about 8 or 9 years under many managers including Burley and Levein and got called up for a decent Scotland side.

Maybe their standards weren't good enough for you.

siegementality

Aye? I thought he was solid.

And he was first choice for about 8 or 9 years under many managers including Burley and Levein and got called up for a decent Scotland side.

Maybe their standards weren't good enough for you.

Correct. I prefer my full backs to actually be able to pass the ball.

i wish jj was my dad

Correct. I prefer my full backs to actually be able to pass the ball.

Well you must be a barrel of laughs watching Scottish football because there are plenty of full backs about wrose than him.

Archived