Tasavallan

Starts Saturday 14 January 2017.

GROUP A

19:00 Burkino Faso v Cameroon

Ivory Coast for me.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if we'll see any crowd trouble with police helicopters clearing the stands with their downwash like we saw last time around?

Terror attacks are also a strong possibility.

GROUP A

Ivory Coast for me.

I have to agree with you, out of Burkino Faso and Cameroon I really do expect a comfortable win for Ivory Coast

It seems that Eurosport (ironically) will be broadcasting the tournament

Gabon v Guinea-Bissau is actually the first game of the tournament at 5pm

Here's hoping that when Cameroon play, Djoum see's some game time and although great experience, hasn't gone to warm the bench so to speak

Bridge of Djoum

A tournament I never watch. Some of the Goalkeeping and Defending is comical. All in all a pretty poor standard of football.

Might chuck a couple of quid on Cameroon.

Guessing Ivory Coast are bookies favourites and Ghana will be expected to do well. Have Algeria qualified? They've got a pretty special team.

That said, there's a fair few upsets in AFCON.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

A tournament I never watch. Some of the Goalkeeping and Defending is comical. All in all a pretty poor standard of football.

The standard of African football has developed massively over the last 10-20 years.  

I actually enjoy the tournament.  Different teams, players and stadia.  I think ITV4 put a decent, short highlights programme together every day so you can keep tabs on what is going on without having to watch every match.

I shall get my retaliation in first though to the first poster to mention "Oh aye, Nigerian World Cup Star...".  I have no comeback on that!

Bridge of Djoum

The standard of African football has developed massively over the last 10-20 years.  

I actually enjoy the tournament.  Different teams, players and stadia.  I think ITV4 put a decent, short highlights programme together every day so you can keep tabs on what is going on without having to watch every match.

I shall get my retaliation in first though to the first poster to mention "Oh aye, Nigerian World Cup Star...".  I have no comeback on that!

Let's hope we don't scout AFCON.

Why do they keep changing the name?

Bazzas right boot

GROUP A

Ivory Coast for me.

They trialing a three way?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

They trialing a three way?

77149.jpg

Had to be done.

Guessing Ivory Coast are bookies favourites and Ghana will be expected to do well. Have Algeria qualified? They've got a pretty special team.

Ivory Coast are indeed favourites, 4/1 seems decent. Cameroon are 11/1 if you're tempted, although I'm not sure if they're as good as they used to be?

Odds-https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/africa-cup-of-nations/african-nations-cup/winner

Most of Cameroon's top players have opted out. That's why Djoum is in their squad. Not much chance. Hopefully he'll be back asap.

August Landmesser

Cameroon & Morocco just drawn in the same qualifying group for 2019 AFCON.

Rherras v Djoum, FIGHT!

Senegal imo have by far the best team, should win this tournament with the players they have but they always blow it in this competition...

I can only watch this on low volume with the constant drums and horns. I wouldn't mind so much if they actually played a specific tune.

We_are_the_Hearts

I can only watch this on low volume with the constant drums and horns. I wouldn't mind so much if they actually played a specific tune.

The games generally make the BPL look exciting. Boring as feck!

Samuel Camazzola

My favourite event in African football history is still the free kick in the Zaire v Brazil World Cup match.

My favourite event in African football history is still the free kick in the Zaire v Brazil World Cup match.

The truth behind that isn't as funny as the clip.

I have to agree with you, out of Burkino Faso and Cameroon I really do expect a comfortable win for Ivory Coast

:lol:

Guinea-Bissau score a last minute equalizer to draw 1-1 with Gabon.

Not bad going, considering even qualifying for the tournament was seen as a bit of a shock for the visitors.

Also, this might not be such a popular thread, but could the Mods change the title to the correct "African Cup of Nations 2017" please?

2nd match delayed because the officials can't find the national anthems, so the players are just singing them on their own.

:rofl:

What a shambles of a tournament.

Is the Coulibally playing for Burkina Faso the player from Kilmarnock ?

Never mind, he isn't.

Disappointed to see Djoum on the bench.

Is the Coulibally playing for Burkina Faso the player from Kilmarnock ?

Never mind, he isn't.

Disappointed to see Djoum on the bench.

They have a Coulibaly in the team

No 20

1-1, from a personal point of view, it would be good for us if Cameroon were knocked out at the group stage, we'd get Djoum back for the Celtic and Rangers games.

RenfrewHearts

Cameroon look woeful. Would expect Djoum to feature in the next game if the result stays the same or Burkino nick it.

This tournament must be a gambler's paradise on the BTTS market due to the standard of goalies on display.

They make the wee team's procession of Jambo's heroes look like Yashin** in disguise! (**for the <50's, ask your Dad about him)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

1-1, from a personal point of view, it would be good for us if Cameroon were knocked out at the group stage, we'd get Djoum back for the Celtic and Rangers games.

Absolutely. And without Djoum playing a game

Every other position each country manages to uncover brilliant strikers, midfielders, and defenders, but never a decent goalie.

Every other position each country manages to uncover brilliant strikers, midfielders, and defenders, but never a decent goalie.

Kameni is a good keeper to be fair

Hate to stereotype, but African goalies are rank.

Atrocious, they could give some of the women keepers a run for their money, I mind watching this tournament the last time it was on, the organisation of it is an absolute shambles, they were playing on pitches where the grass hadn't even been cut :lol: the diddiest of diddy tournaments.

Archived