Raith tickets

Disser Pointon

John Findlay

Ah, Mr Findlay. The boy who works on the trains yet didn't know there was a 6.46pm train from Inverness to Edinburgh. You'll need to excuse me for scoffing at your train info about going to Kirkcaldy.

I'll be at Kirkcaldy on the 22nd. You'll probably end up in weymss Bay.

You are a bullshitter, period. Enjoy the game on the telly. The Motherwell one that is. If you got the train you claim from Inverness. Then you lefto the ground at Ross County no later than 16.30. Youmost certainly did not stay until the final whistle. I'm on 10,58 for Dundee on the 22nd. I can assure you that stops in Kirkcaldy. I will be staying until the final whistle. Carry on with your lego building.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mars plastic

You are a bullshitter, period. Enjoy the game on the telly. The Motherwell one that is. If you got the train you claim from Inverness. Then you lefto the ground at Ross County no later than 16.30. Youmost certainly did not stay until the final whistle. I'm on 10,58 for Dundee on the 22nd. I can assure you that stops in Kirkcaldy. I will be staying until the final whistle. Carry on with your lego building.

We left as soon as Jamie missed the penalty. Went to the Mallard and got picked up at half 5 from the taxi driver that took us from Inverness to Dingwall. Are you actually aware of how long it takes to get from Dingwall to Inverness? We even had time for a quick pint in the pub next to the station. Furthermore, if Mikey 1874 is who I think he is he was on the same train home.

There's every chance I'll be on that train to Kirkcaldy on the 22nd but we'll be in the 1st class cart. Come up for a blether and and you can apologise at the same time.

John Findlay

We left as soon as Jamie missed the penalty. Went to the Mallard and got picked up at half 5 from the taxi driver that took us from Inverness to Dingwall. Are you actually aware of how long it takes to get from Dingwall to Inverness? We even had time for a quick pint in the pub next to the station. Furthermore, if Mikey 1874 is who I think he is he was on the same train home.

There's every chance I'll be on that train to Kirkcaldy on the 22nd but we'll be in the 1st class cart. Come up for a blether and and you can apologise at the same time.

I am well aware of how far Dingwall is from Inverness and how long the train takes. You made out originally all your journey was by train. Next one from Dingwall would have been 19.41.

I still think you are a bullshitter so will hang fire on any apology.

...a bit disco

My ticket just arrived.

Instead of Section 4 row C seat 71 it states AC71?

Confused?

My ticket just arrived.

Instead of Section 4 row C seat 71 it states AC71?

Confused?

North stand rows go A-Z then AA, AB, AC... possibly near the back?

...a bit disco

:lol:

Bit of a difference between 3 from the front (Hearts info) and 3 from the back (Raith info)!

August Landmesser

I'm in row XX - how many rows has the North Stand got?!

post-26001-0-41780100-1483720885_thumb.jpg

...a bit disco

:lol: just speculating, but wouldn't be surprised if you've been given the wrong ticket.

From 2013 but probably still the case(bit at the bottom)

http://www.raithrovers.net/7530/match-information-31.htm

Looking at that it looks like the mistake was Hearts. Confusing Tynies seat numbering with Raiths.

'McDermid Stand Section 4 C 71'

It's just row AC seat 71. Not Section 4!

thehibsareintheirbeds

5 tickets booked for my lot, just need to keep fingers crossed that the only driver among us can make it!

2 quid for under 12s is brilliant

...a bit disco

In relation to 'refreshments' near the ground and suchlike.

'About a ten minute walk away from Stark's Park is Kirkcaldy Rugby Club, whose clubhouse is popular with visiting supporters. The club is situated in Beveridge Park. With the Main Stand behind you, turn left along Pratt Street and then after going under a railway bridge, turn left onto Balwearie Road. The Rugby Club is down on the right hand side (look for the grey and blue building set back from the road).  Andy Turner adds; 'Raith's support usually congregate at the Novar Bar in Nicol Street. In my opinion though, the best boozer in the town centre is the Harbour Bar. A regular CAMRA award winner whose landlord brews his own excellent ale as well as having wonderfully kept guest beers from around the UK. The pub is on the seafront by the harbour area (hence the name) next to Fife College Priory Campus. Its a fair distance to the ground, but for those who fancy a "bracing walk" its a matter of a hike the length of the seafront. You can still see the floodlights of the "San Starko" in the distance.'

Also located in the town centre is the Freurs Arms on Bogies Wynd Road and the Robert Naird (a Wetherspoons Lloyds No.1 Bar) on Kirk Wynd Street. Both these pubs are listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide.'

In relation to 'refreshments' near the ground and suchlike.

'About a ten minute walk away from Stark's Park is Kirkcaldy Rugby Club, whose clubhouse is popular with visiting supporters. The club is situated in Beveridge Park. With the Main Stand behind you, turn left along Pratt Street and then after going under a railway bridge, turn left onto Balwearie Road. The Rugby Club is down on the right hand side (look for the grey and blue building set back from the road).  Andy Turner adds; 'Raith's support usually congregate at the Novar Bar in Nicol Street. In my opinion though, the best boozer in the town centre is the Harbour Bar. A regular CAMRA award winner whose landlord brews his own excellent ale as well as having wonderfully kept guest beers from around the UK. The pub is on the seafront by the harbour area (hence the name) next to Fife College Priory Campus. Its a fair distance to the ground, but for those who fancy a "bracing walk" its a matter of a hike the length of the seafront. You can still see the floodlights of the "San Starko" in the distance.'

Also located in the town centre is the Freurs Arms on Bogies Wynd Road and the Robert Naird (a Wetherspoons Lloyds No.1 Bar) on Kirk Wynd Street. Both these pubs are listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide.'

With it being a Sunday 1pm kick off I'd think it will be a struggle to get many pints in anywhere unless they have early opening.

Got 4 tickets the day, off the Monday so will have a few beers after!

I'm in row XX - how many rows has the North Stand got?!

Someone might want to check my maths here:

There would be 26 rows from A-Z, then it would be a further 26 rows from AA-AZ, then a further 26 from BA-BZ, and so on and so forth until you get to ZZ.

Row XX would be the 26+(24*26) minus 2 row from the front, which would mean it would be the 648th row back.

Having a look at page 13 of this article http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/repository/docs/HSE000001100001.pdf would suggest that the minimum recommended seating row depth is 76cm, which includes the seat and the legroom.

If we have 648 rows, that means that row XX would stretch back half a kilometre from the edge of the pitch, coming in at a distance of 492.48 metres, not including the distance between the bottom of the stand and the edge of the pitch.

BurrenJambo, I think you should bring your binoculars to Kirkcaldy :whistling:

There would be 26 rows from A-Z, then it would be a further 26 rows from AA-AZ, then a further 26 from BA-BZ, and so on and so forth until you get to ZZ.

Row XX would be the 26+(24*26) minus 2 row from the front, which would mean it would be the 648th row back.

Having a look at page 13 of this article http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/repository/docs/HSE000001100001.pdf would suggest that the minimum recommended seating row depth is 76cm, which includes the seat and the legroom.

If we have 648 rows, that means that row XX would stretch back half a kilometre from the edge of the pitch, coming in at a distance of 492.48 metres, not including the distance between the bottom of the stand and the edge of the pitch.

Who says it's stops at ZZ? My ITK sources inform me it then goes on to AAA, AAB, AAC...AAZ, ABA...

3 boozers open at 1000 I believe!

:whistling:

Me and my mate will be in The Exchequer for 1030, be on the 0933 train from Waverley.

Good turnout I hope. Maybe the start of a cup winning run!

Gorgie_Rules

I am assuming that is 2/3s of the stand behind the goal which is our current allocation, with us to get the railway stand when that goes? I thought we'd take just over the usual 1,000 to this with it being on the tele but with a couple of weeks to go looks like we could sell the lot which could give us a good advantage

August Landmesser

Having a look at page 13 of this article http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/repository/docs/HSE000001100001.pdf would suggest that the minimum recommended seating row depth is 76cm, which includes the seat and the legroom.

Excellent work!:D

Think I'd better double check my seat number...

McDermid stand row II going by those who have posted previously.....not exactly the clearest info on the tickets

Small Q at the shop and ticket office this morning but no long wait.

WW for us. Queue when I was in. Quick tho with tickets in envelopes. One man in buying 5 tickets....

Brick Tamland

Bought three online this morning McDermid stand section 6.

Looking forward to this, nice wee trip, hopefully some new signings, plenty goals and progress to the next round.

Sorry ,working can't go.If this is like a lot of games with lower league clubs the seat system will be fu?,ed up.Dont get all precious about Your seat.Dont fall out with each other.

Having a look at page 13 of this article http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/repository/docs/HSE000001100001.pdf would suggest that the minimum recommended seating row depth is 76cm, which includes the seat and the legroom.

Pretty sure it goes A-Z then AA, BB, etc to ZZ. My tickets are VV.

Mars plastic

Raith getting demolished at home to Falkirk, it really will be embarrassing if we lose to them.

Steady on chap! We'll despatch that lot with ease I suspect. We'll probably have more fans than them to cheer on the lads

Rudi Hates Hibees

I think that's them all sold - online anyway.

We will most likely get the railway stand to sell now, if not sold already.

We will most likely get the railway stand to sell now, if not sold already.

Those were available to buy online earlier as I've been holding out to hear if a mate is working that day, however now they're not offering them. I had to buy two single seats so the mate can sit in the Raith end. :D we live in Kirkcaldy so not a huge issue.

Pretty sure it goes A-Z then AA, BB, etc to ZZ. My tickets are VV.

Correct and no section lettering just rows with seat numbers

There are still a few left behind the goal and are available from the shop but who knows what will happen on Monday.

...a bit disco

Correct and no section lettering just rows with seat numbers

There are still a few left behind the goal and are available from the shop but who knows what will happen on Monday.

Yep.

Like I said earlier.

Hearts told me my ticket was Section 4 Row C Seat 71, not AC71!

No difference between Row C and Row AC eh?

Rudi Hates Hibees

Why are they 25 in the Railway stand? I swear the adult tickets were 20 before?

They were ?20.

I'm guessing it's because the railway stand runs along the side of the pitch and it could be classed as a better view of the pitch.

Steady on chap! We'll despatch that lot with ease I suspect. We'll probably have more fans than them to cheer on the lads

Oh yeah we should do, current team doesn't fill me with confidence in the cup though but we're by far a better team and hopefully Cathro can get his mindset across by then.

Hopefully the fans decide to cheer on at this game eh.

Mars plastic

Hope Locke manages to hang onto his job until we play them!

Indeed. I'd be confident of us beating them with 9 men.

August Landmesser

How many does that hold?

I've a feeling it's around 500 - away fans are only to the halfway line, and there aren't many more than about a dozen rows. 

Maybe a dot counter could work it out?

Archived