• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Салатные палочки

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• ri Alban

Say What Again

One year on Christmas eve the doorbell went, I answered and some random punched me in the face and ran off.

I'm sorry mate, that's clearly not funny, but I actually burst out laughing when I read that :lol:

I took a parcel in for a neighbour who was out. When she came round to collect it later she wouldn't even show me her boobs as a thank you?!?

Cow.

I took a parcel in for a neighbour who was out. When she came round to collect it later she wouldn't even show me her boobs as a thank you?!?

Cow.

Lesbian?

Moved into a detached new build in May and don't have any neighbours yet on one side of us. However another house that backs onto the side of ours has two cats that are whiny little shits. To be fair, it's not the cats fault. Their owners let them out for a bit and whenever they want back in start whaling at the back door until the lazy *******s open it. Either get a cat flap, don't let them out, or don't have cats if you're too lazy to let them in.

Listening to some of the stories on here, my issue is a breeze.

Shanks said no

Only have a neighbour on one side, no real issues apart from he's a Hobbit but on the up side he has 4 daughters (all 17 plus) and they have a trampoline.

Only have a neighbour on one side, no real issues apart from he's a Hobbit but on the up side he has 4 daughters (all 17 plus) and they have a trampoline.

And your point is?

:lol:

My 87 year old neighbour has been leaving her milk out on the step for me for 5 weeks now. Lovely old lady she is.

Bless her. The ignorant old cow next to me didn't even answer the door when I knocked to tell her that her pet bluebottles had escaped.

8iNmW.gif?noredirect

I'm sorry mate, that's clearly not funny, but I actually burst out laughing when I read that :lol:

Ditto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was an accidental arsehole neighbour. We lived in a flat in Dalston in London when we moved down. In a converted condom factory as it happens. All very urban and exciting.

Anyway. We made friends with the couple downstairs and together we were always very considerate. Letting each other know if we had people coming over. Putting those felt things on the feet of the dining chairs so they didn't make a noise. Taking in packages etc. All good.

Until the cup final in 1998. Got absolutely battered after and went home very very drunk.

Feeling a bit disconnected as no one else in Dalston seemed to be celebrating our magnificent win I decided to open the windows and blast the Hearts song out to the local neighbourhood. It wasn't that late and the yoofs were always playing music loud so it would probably just be seen as a bit of a jape. And if there did happen to be a passing Hun or Hibby who heard it then so much the better.

After the 2nd or third playing I started to feel sick. So rather than go to the toilet I went to the conveniently open window. And vommed big time. Just as the lovely neighbour opened her window and looked up to see what all the noise was. Yep. Right in her face it went. And in her mouth. And her living room.

Obviously I ran down there (I was only wearing vomit stained pants and a Hearts hat at this stage) and knocked loudly on the door to offer to clean it up. Not sure why but she said no.

Not my proudest moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in ferry road Grove before I moved to Lewis. A guy in the block across the road from us didn't like taking his bin bags to the road, it was easier to just dump them against the block at the side. Then every 3 or 4 months he would torch the lot.

The woman and her daughter below me were a nightmare, music blaring all night, t hen if we had the music on she would be up thumping the door. 1 time, the Mrs had a pal staying with us for a few weeks with her 3 year old daughter.whenever she was crying, she would be up. The Mrs would always go to the door and not let go. However, when she was visiting her folks up here, I came home pissed after the new years derby in 97, we won 4 0 at Easter Road. I was playing the hearts song rater loud, still only 2100 though, and she came marching up and started thumping the door. She got a fright when I opened the door and started telling her where to go. She never bothered us again after that, but the brake cable on my push bike had been cut.

Thankfully my experience is a lot less eventful than that. :lol:

Ive got a lovely old couple next to me exchange cards etc at Christmas. The old fella always happily takes our bins out for us without asking, we shovel their path when it snows.

The girlfriend wants me to move out from my haven and into her flat in gorgie.

Her upstairs neighbour walks around like a hippo in stilettos and has had some DIY project on the go for A couple years. Constant sawing and drilling through the day(she works night shifts every couple of weeks).

Then there's the neighbour with mental health issues. Who has made bomb threats meaning the gas to the whole building was switched off for hours until the police(in full riot gear) managed to drag him out the building never to be seen again.

My girlfriends been told to bolt. :lol:

I can envisage the curtains twitching from here ......

And not at eye level either...    :mel:

Sawdust Caesar

Age or clothes size?

8iNmW.gif?noredirect

:rofl:

I was raised in a tenement, not a lot of trouble occasional difference between a couple of neighbours now and again but nothing serious.  The stair in fact was predominantly older people, with grown families, there was one other kid my age, and his mum died real early from cancer so I was the only really young one.

The only small irritant we had was that occasionally the people directly above us would have company, and when the man of the house had a few drinks his party piece was to climb on the sink and jump off, our ceiling would shudder, and my mother would get the brush and bang on the ceiling, I am amazed it never came down on top of us. Mebbe something to do with that, I have never lived or owned a tenement type house again, my two houses in Edinburgh were duplexes, and I have always had single houses here.

Neighbours here are great but used to live in the high rise flats in Niddrie and had a few issues. Next-door Neighbours in the main door houses below had a feud for ages and they were always coming to blows in the street. One night we were looking out thw windows and seen one family (about 6 of them) piling into a van, with a couple of shotguns. Seemingly off to the Abercorn where the other lot were having a party (heard the polis got wind and they got lifted before they got there). Another time I heard a noise on the landing and had a quick keek out the letter-box. Guy was standing with a shotgun pointed through next-doors letter-box; queue a silent retreat up the hall from me. Never did find out what that was all about but no shots were fired

Салатные палочки

00:30 this morning.  Got woken up with a bang.  Thought my door was going in.  Heard voices in the close which then got considerably louder.  Looked through the keyhole and saw the lassie next doors boyfriend standing there.  He was asking to get in to get his hat and when she refused to open the door he started booting it.  This happened 4-5 times before he said he was leaving.  Saw him walking out the close before he reached in his pocket and pulled a bottle out and threw it at her window.  About ten minutes later I heard someone coming back up the close.  Thought it was the police but it turns out it was him again.  Again he was asking for his hat, she refused and he started booting the door again.  Could hear her shouting behind the door and I'm thinking "just give him the ******* hat eh, post it through the letterbox you don't need to open the door", but it turns out she is just as big a nut job as him.  Anyway this goes on for twenty minutes before he tells her she is getting her jaw taken off tomorrow the "hackett junkie cow" and that he was going to pay her brother a visit on the way home before kicking the bin bag that was left outside her house leaving her rubbish all over the landing.

Must have been a cold walk home for him.   

00:30 this morning. Got woken up with a bang. Thought my door was going in. Heard voices in the close which then got considerably louder. Looked through the keyhole and saw the lassie next doors boyfriend standing there. He was asking to get in to get his hat and when she refused to open the door he started booting it. This happened 4-5 times before he said he was leaving. Saw him walking out the close before he reached in his pocket and pulled a bottle out and threw it at her window. About ten minutes later I heard someone coming back up the close. Thought it was the police but it turns out it was him again. Again he was asking for his hat, she refused and he started booting the door again. Could hear her shouting behind the door and I'm thinking "just give him the ******* hat eh, post it through the letterbox you don't need to open the door", but it turns out she is just as big a nut job as him. Anyway this goes on for twenty minutes before he tells her she is getting her jaw taken off tomorrow the "hackett junkie cow" and that he was going to pay her brother a visit on the way home before kicking the bin bag that was left outside her house leaving her rubbish all over the landing.

Where do you live?

00:30 this morning. Got woken up with a bang. Thought my door was going in. Heard voices in the close which then got considerably louder. Looked through the keyhole and saw the lassie next doors boyfriend standing there. He was asking to get in to get his hat and when she refused to open the door he started booting it. This happened 4-5 times before he said he was leaving. Saw him walking out the close before he reached in his pocket and pulled a bottle out and threw it at her window. About ten minutes later I heard someone coming back up the close. Thought it was the police but it turns out it was him again. Again he was asking for his hat, she refused and he started booting the door again. Could hear her shouting behind the door and I'm thinking "just give him the ******* hat eh, post it through the letterbox you don't need to open the door", but it turns out she is just as big a nut job as him. Anyway this goes on for twenty minutes before he tells her she is getting her jaw taken off tomorrow the "hackett junkie cow" and that he was going to pay her brother a visit on the way home before kicking the bin bag that was left outside her house leaving her rubbish all over the landing.

Been over to console her? There's a hat in it for you.

Used to live next to an arsehole years ago that beat his wife. Scumbag.

Phoned the police on him a few times and they paid a visit but it continued.

She then packed her bags a few days later and was never seen again.

Live in a detached house now in a pleasant street with nice neighbours. Bliss.

Nowt wrong with my neighbours. 

I feel blessed to have not just great neighbours, but great friends - everyone in my street works as a team for the team. 

Салатные палочки

Nowt wrong with my neighbours. 

I feel blessed to have not just great neighbours, but great friends - everyone in my street works as a team for the team. 

tumblr_m28eptr1ap1r937bfo1_500.gif

• 5 months later...

Just thought I'd bump this as just had a note through the door from one of my neighbours apologising for their recent parties/orgies (as they sounded like them!) and that they've taken warnings from the authorities onboard etc. Didn't complain myself. The constant clumping up and down the stairs from their female friends in their heels was more annoying than the LOUD shitty music. Anyway, thought it was decent of them to apologise.

Just thought I'd bump this as just had a note through the door from one of my neighbours apologising for their recent parties/orgies (as they sounded like them!) and that they've taken warnings from the authorities onboard etc. Didn't complain myself. The constant clumping up and down the stairs from their female friends in their heels was more annoying than the LOUD shitty music. Anyway, thought it was decent of them to apologise.

Салатные палочки

Green light for a night of absolute debauchery for your neighbours tonight.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Green light for a night of absolute debauchery for your neighbours tonight.

As long as I get an invite! ;)

Were you sitting like,

:ruiner:

waiting for the invite?

Салатные палочки

As long as I get an invite! ;)

My exes mum had some issues with her upstairs neighbour for years. Parties every weekend post-pub. I heard some heels coming up the close one night and had a peek out the spy hole. The lassies were all gorgeous which made it hard to get as angry as the ex and her mum about it.

I never did get an invite :muggy:

Riddley Walker

Just wank.

John Gentleman

Oh aye, and the neighbours through the wall but from the next block are a pain. Their kids room is through the wall from my room and they're up till midnight banging about and what sounds like bouncing a basketball.

I wouldn't mind at all at a reasonable time but when I'm lying in bed at 11pm trying to sleep for work, I shouldn't have to listen to that.

Trivial things annoy me about my neighbours but the bins really get on my tits!

We live in a 6 in a block and being ground floor our wheelie bins are stored in our front garden while the rest are round the back. Our neighbours are bad for dumping their shite in my bin cos they're too lazy to go out back and put it in their own bin.

This wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for 2 things:

1. Completely filling my bin with their shite, days before collection. So I'm left with no space for my rubbish.

2. Putting stuff in the recycling bin that doesn't belong in it, meaning my recycling bin doesn't get emptied. This has happened twice but it's obviously been sneakily done when I'm at work on collection day.

I've now went to the drastic action of taking stuff out my bin that's not mine, and dumping it on the garden path. No one has confronted me or came forward yet.

Must be a worldwide problem as I've experienced issues too ? particularly with my recycling bin (and particularly with Chinese people doing the dirty). They feckin think it's a free-for-all. And they don't bag their stuff either, so the bin stinks after they've 'filled it up for you.' Got one of these (or something like it). Problem solved.

http://www.justwheeliebins.com.au/Wheelie-Bin-Locks

Just wank.

Yeah.

Left hand on the inside of the door whilst peeking through the spyhole.

Knees buckling.

All good.

Tommy Brown

Must be a worldwide problem as I've experienced issues too ? particularly with my recycling bin (and particularly with Chinese people doing the dirty). They feckin think it's a free-for-all. And they don't bag their stuff either, so the bin stinks after they've 'filled it up for you.' Got one of these (or something like it). Problem solved.

http://www.justwheeliebins.com.au/Wheelie-Bin-Locks

all well and good.

Unfortunately, you put your bin out for emptying without the lock and most probably go to work all day.

your bin is back to a free for all