***January Transfer Window (merged) Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

It's a good time to start this, there are rumours flying about. We already know Derby want Paterson and the paper this morning said Derby and Swansea are looking at Johnson. Souttar's being watched too, apparently.

Also reports that Dundee United might be taking Cifti back, Hibs are in for a young MLS winger and clubs in England want Dembele.

It looks like it might be a busier January than usual, any more rumours from any league?

tartofmidlothian

Be interesting if Vitoria Setubal allow Ryan Gauld to return to Sporting Lisbon as rumoured. Very interesting.

Apparently Cathro said he wasn't interested the other day, but if you read the quotes that's not what he said at all. He just suggested January might be a bit too soon because he's getting games now.

tartofmidlothian

Johnsen's on the radar too?

Yes, despite my spelling mistake in the OP. The Scotsman this morning says Derby (McLaren saw him in the Rangers game) and Swansea are interested.

We_are_the_Hearts

If Gauld was on loan it would be a no thanks for me. Career looks to have stalled and was poor for the U21s. If it was with a view to a permanent deal then it would be worth considering. A CH who can defend, has some pace and is good in the air is our priority though. 

Do we think they're linking Swansea cos their manager is a Yank? I like the lad but dunno if he's ready for EPL footy, yet. 

tartofmidlothian

Do we think they're linking Swansea cos their manager is a Yank? I like the lad but dunno if he's ready for EPL footy, yet.

He definitely needs to stay here until summer and keep producing his best.

His first touch and winning headers percentage need to improve if he's to play at a better level than he is. He could make us a few quid if he works hard.

I tend to agree with you but who's to say he's not ready for the EPL? There is really only one way to find out and if Swansea or any other EPL club want to take a chance on him then he'd cost a damn sight less than the reported ?9m that Derby are expected to get for Chris Martin (a guy who doesn't look much better than SPL standard to me) 

Heard Samaras to Hibs is a goer. 

Lennon with a scouting network that Locke would be proud off. 

The Future's Maroon

Samaras to Hibs is a rumour I was told at the weekend, doubt it myself, but its a rumour!

EDIT:

Not just me who has heard it then!

The only first teamer I feel we are likely to lose is Paterson if the right fee come in. 

Soutarr and Johnson might be generating interest but I think we'd want to hold on to them  until the summer. Unless we get offered silly money for them of course. 

The Treasurer

If that is true (not doubting you by the way) he certainly won't come cheap. Which proves that they are gambling everything on getting promoted this season.

Could be a disaster if they fail yet again  :10900:

Attached to an American club and it's now close-season there so there could be something in this. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

If that is true (not doubting you by the way) he certainly won't come cheap. Which proves that they are gambling everything on getting promoted this season.

Will be a disaster but also hilarious when they fail yet again  :10900:

FTFY as they say

Bazzas right boot

Van Dijk to Chelsea as replacement for John Terry is rumoured

Good actor, can't see him at Centre half tho, he lacks the pace for the top level, imo.

tartofmidlothian

Good actor, can't see him at Centre half tho, he lacks the pace for the top level, imo.

Is that your diagnosis?

John Terry is being released by Chelsea at end of season

The word is he will reject a big money move to China in January to stay till end of season.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

John Terry is being released by Chelsea at end of season

The word is he will reject a big money move to China in January to stay till end of season.

Wonder why Super John T doesn't want to go to China?  With loads of Chinese people.

Van Dijk to Chelsea as replacement for John Terry is rumoured

Best centre half in the PL according to some.

Says a lot about the premier league. He was a stand out up here but this is still where he came from.

If celtic can sign a player who goes on to that level we should be able to sign championship, lower PL quality players from around the globe.

Couldnt see it anywhere else but looks like Selkirk have a new manager which means Gary sticky fingers is oot!

(I appreciate this might be old news).

Edit: Someone called Ian Fergus.

Couldnt see it anywhere else but looks like Selkirk have a new manager which means Gary sticky fingers is oot!

(I appreciate this might be old news).

Edit: Someone called Ian Fergus.

Ian fergus is the head honcho for Lochend football academy a very good coach and trainer and very well respected within the game he was with Hibs 17's as well , Also his son  Declan runs 1-2-1 coaching there as well and takes quite a few pro's as well and takes Hearts under 12's , don't quote me 100% on it but  i have heard that Gary o'conner is taking up another roll within the Selkirk club . 

Ian fergus is the head honcho for Lochend football academy a very good coach and trainer and very well respected within the game he was with Hibs 17's as well , Also his son  Declan runs 1-2-1 coaching there as well and takes quite a few pro's as well and takes Hearts under 12's , don't quote me 100% on it but  i have heard that Gary o'conner is taking up another roll within the Selkirk club . 

Bacon & black pudding?

Ian fergus is the head honcho for Lochend football academy a very good coach and trainer and very well respected within the game he was with Hibs 17's as well , Also his son Declan runs 1-2-1 coaching there as well and takes quite a few pro's as well and takes Hearts under 12's , don't quote me 100% on it but i have heard that Gary o'conner is taking up another roll within the Selkirk club .

Sounds like a decent appointment for them.

Attached to an American club and it's now close-season there so there could be something in this. 

He will be 32 in February so has a couple of seasons left in him yet. He would be a good signing for them at that level but he was a bit hot and cold when at Celtic.

Brick Tamland

Wouldn't be surprised if we had a couple of Cathro connections coming in on loan from either Spain or Newcastle

Wouldn't be surprised if we had a couple of Cathro connections coming in on loan from either Spain or Newcastle

:yas: Spanish player with headband plz. Long flowing locks too.

I think we need a RB, LB and CB (Paterson likely being away, Rherras isn't left footed and IMO Rossi & Souttar need competition) If we could sign a midfielder with a bit of presence that would be good. Also would like to see a couple of strikers.

Doubtful we'll make 6 signings but I'm interested to see who Cathro brings in.

I think we need a RB, LB and CB (Paterson likely being away, Rherras isn't left footed and IMO Rossi & Souttar need competition) If we could sign a midfielder with a bit of presence that would be good. Also would like to see a couple of strikers.

Doubtful we'll make 6 signings but I'm interested to see who Cathro brings in.

A couple of strikers? We've been playing 1 up top recently, we signed 4 in the summer and have 2 out on loan.

We'll need to shift at least a couple off the wage bill before we see any signings up top and that won't happen till the summer

I agree that we potentially need to shift players more than we need to sign them! Josh out and a LB in, Paterson out and a RB in. At least Summon, maybe Watt out and a striker in and then just a left mid in. More balance for the team.

Sent from my HS-U980 using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram

Absolute rubbish. 

Quite a few Hibs fans at work convinced they are signing Henderson from Celtic on a permanent deal.Money to burn apparently as they expected to pay a big fine for Scottish Cup fiasco that never arrived.

Quite a few Hibs fans at work convinced they are signing Henderson from Celtic on a permanent deal.Money to burn apparently as they expected to pay a big fine for Scottish Cup fiasco that never arrived.

If he was as good as they seem to think he'd be playing for celtic or get a move to higher than the championship.

He's just not that good. They have been in the championship so long now that their perspective of quality has been warped by the poor quality they are surrounded by.

If they had Buaben they would be creaming themselves over how good he is, in the championship where he is way above average.

Think Liam Henderson is rated at Celtic. Be surprised to see him move unless on loan to better club.

Hibs do seem to have a strange pull though.

We_are_the_Hearts

Think Liam Henderson is rated at Celtic. Be surprised to see him move unless on loan to better club.

He will be 21 in April. He is not a kid any more. If he can't get in the Celtic side this season then should be looking to move on.

August Landmesser

Surely we'd all jump at the chance to play under the second-oldest floodlights in Lochend?

Glamour.

He will be 21 in April. He is not a kid any more. If he can't get in the Celtic side this season then should be looking to move on.

Not to Hibs though unless for next season in Premiership

Also would like to see a couple of strikers.

We already have loads of strikers.

How about some creativity in the midfield to create scoring chances for them?

Money to burn apparently as they expected to pay a big fine for Scottish Cup fiasco that never arrived.

There's no danger they have money to burn after the players they've been bringing in already. Holt will be on good money, there's no danger Birmingham will be paying Shinnies wages (which won't be cheap being in the Championship) and Neal Eardley won't be on pennies either. Now they're being quoted with Commons and Samaras. And how much did they spend to get their management team in?

Their wage bill is going to be higher than ours, guaranteed. And they certainly don't have the necessary revenue streams to maintain that.

Archived