The modern model that is Hearts...

Section Q

Even before a ball is kicked under our new managerial set up we seem to be attracting the sort of attacks usually reserved for the ultra successful, which usually stems from jealousy or fear.

There are many out there who who wished us dead. This was never more evident than a couple of seasons back when our city cousins came to Tynecastle for "the party", and to be honest they must really hate us now.

Apart from us now being well on the way to owning our club and finishing off our spiritual home with the new stand, we've created a unique management team with the appointment of Cathro and MacPhee, and someone/some people out there feel threatened by it.

When Budge was appointed the status quo in Scottish football was shaken because she wasn't a man. Then she had the cheek to nominate for a place at the table of Scottish football and again some people, (we all know who they are), felt threatened. She then added insult to injury by making us the first Scottish club to pay the minimum living wage to club staff.

When she appointed Levein as DoF we knew we were getting someone who would do the job without bothering too much about how others saw him/us. As he rightly pointed out last week there are many in the press who don't like him and they'll write what they want. An example is The Sun using Kris Boyd as a tool to add further controversy to the next stage of our club's development. Boyd apart from being a tool in the true sense of the word has never come accross as the smartest bear in the forest and no doubt pocketed his weekly pieces of silver without a second thought.

Our club's really starting to look modern in it's approach and the model of fan ownership, a full stadium every week, and a new young coaching set up who refuse to to put a ceiling on how far we can go has riled the establishment in a big way.

I think we can expect a lot more negativity from the media but the model of our club is forming nicely so I for one don't give a monkeys what they say or print.....Onwards.....Q..!!

Салатные палочки

Well put.  

Credit goes to Queen Ann and Levein for their vision in taking the club forward.  As someone wrote the other day, the appointment of Cathro and MacPhee takes not only our club but Scottish football forward ten years.  There is bound to be a lot of jealousy in how visionary this appointment could turn out to be.  I am quietly confident that this could bring a lot of success to our club.  Cathro himself has said that there will be highs and lows and I am hopeful that the majority of the fans will appreciate that statement. He said they are hoping to be here a long time and a lot of what they have said suggests that they are also quietly confident of success.  

Great post, however there has been institutional hatred of us as far back as 1986 when the Sunday Hun printed a derogatory story after that Dens game.

As soon as we look like challenging the media are there with their claws out.

It got worse with Romanov; he stood up to the Weegie Mafia and after the Miko incident v Lithuania, the weegie mafia effectively chased the lad out of Scotland.

It's a fecking disgrace they get away with it without recrimination.

It's really strange comparing the English press response to the Scottish one. Very little is actually mentioned about our new management team in the English press, they seem more surprised by the response from the Scottish press and football community to the appointments.  Not sure Boyd knows what the Guardian and Telegraph are, but I bet him or Stevie Craigan didn't expect to see themselves being ridiculed in either of them.

I wonder if Rodgers or Warbuton got this type of negative press when they started off in management?

Football especially here is Scotland doesn't want change, it cannot deal with it and doesn't want to. If you look at the changes at Hearts in the last few years and I include mad Vlad in this, anything that looks like upsetting the status quo for those at the top is ridiculed by those in charge, those within the game and the majority of those that report it.

Why when outsiders look in, ie Barry Hern, point out the flaws in the system or when guys like Henry McLeish write a report with thousands of pages of what's going wrong, tens of pages of what is doing ok and hundreds of pages on how to sort it. is it brushed aside, forgotten about or as I have said above ridiculed in the press.

Bazzas right boot

Yip, 100% agree.

I just hope if it is a rocky start, the fans don't join in the media fear fest, this may not bear fruit until next season and patience may be required.

Of course we could hit the ground running, I just hope that if things are not going as planned, people remember all these threads, the clubs vision and where we want to go.

The SFA is like that old guy in the office who still hand writes everything, gives jobs to the boys, still thinks its OK to be bigoted and sexist, doesn't trust technology and moans about the amount of young or foreign people. I have no time for people or organisations who are resistant to change. (for the better). Their days are numbered as they won't progress.

Spot on! Should we lose the next few games the media will overload with negativity, it is VITAL we do not do this, everybody can what what these guys inc AB & CL are trying to do (sorry Ian I mean GOING to do) however the likelihood of this happening straight away are slim, we build as a unit and that involves us fans and especially kickback!

I gave up my season ticket last year, The previous season I made about 4 games and passed it off to someone else to take as I'm too busy running my own stuff, oh how I am regretting this now! However it's up to you guys with your bum on the seat to support the club like never we used to, I was at tynecastle for the rangers game and it was electric at times! We need more of that to help our journey even more, very exciting times!!

Great thread OP

August Landmesser

Great OP, and some great comments on this thread (and other threads around too).

It feels like this appointment and the reaction to it from certain meeja buffoons is starting to galvanise and unite the support (or at least JKB) again after the wobbles of the last year or so.

The future is bright, the future is RAL 0035.  

Bazzas right boot

The SFA is like that old guy in the office who still hand writes everything, gives jobs to the boys, still thinks its OK to be bigoted and sexist, doesn't trust technology and moans about the amount of young or foreign people. I have no time for people or organisations who are resistant to change. (for the better). Their days are numbered as they won't progress.

You just described UKIP and the tory party!

We nearly lost our club throwing money to try and topple the bigot bros, ot doesn't work. We are doing something else,something radical to try and achieve this. If we, the fans, give it time, ot could work.

I'm looking forward to next season already.

Could you imagine an up for it Juanma, with Johnsten, Walker and Nicholson or have I went too far with the limitlessness.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

We really are. It's actually incredible what has happened since we exited administration and defrosted those frozen shares. The best part is, the journey has only just begun too. That new stand will be a monument to our new era.

The most forward thinking club in Scottish football. *smug face*

Radio/tv/newspapers still discussing our new coaching team. Just heard Boyd on the radio. The guy has trouble forming a sentence never mind writing a weekly news article. Not much said about the Celtic fans arrested or them spitting on the Man City fans. A decent result at Ibrox would be all the sweeter.

Our club is unique, I'm immensely proud when putting on the shirt to games. Our fans are so underrated, time and time again we put money into the club and constantly sell out Tynecastle. Great post

Even before a ball is kicked under our new managerial set up we seem to be attracting the sort of attacks usually reserved for the ultra successful, which usually stems from jealousy or fear.

There are many out there who who wished us dead. This was never more evident than a couple of seasons back when our city cousins came to Tynecastle for "the party", and to be honest they must really hate us now.

Apart from us now being well on the way to owning our club and finishing off our spiritual home with the new stand, we've created a unique management team with the appointment of Cathro and MacPhee, and someone/some people out there feel threatened by it.

When Budge was appointed the status quo in Scottish football was shaken because she wasn't a man. Then she had the cheek to nominate for a place at the table of Scottish football and again some people, (we all know who they are), felt threatened. She then added insult to injury by making us the first Scottish club to pay the minimum living wage to club staff.

When she appointed Levein as DoF we knew we were getting someone who would do the job without bothering too much about how others saw him/us. As he rightly pointed out last week there are many in the press who don't like him and they'll write what they want. An example is The Sun using Kris Boyd as a tool to add further controversy to the next stage of our club's development. Boyd apart from being a tool in the true sense of the word has never come accross as the smartest bear in the forest and no doubt pocketed his weekly pieces of silver without a second thought.

Our club's really starting to look modern in it's approach and the model of fan ownership, a full stadium every week, and a new young coaching set up who refuse to to put a ceiling on how far we can go has riled the establishment in a big way.

I think we can expect a lot more negativity from the media but the model of our club is forming nicely so I for one don't give a monkeys what they say or print.....Onwards.....Q..!!

Tremendous post. It's inevitable that the establishment footballers like Boyd, Craigan etc and the west coast media mafia will continue to try to undermine our management team, particularly when we don't win (or perform). As supporters we need to make sure that Ian, Austin and the club get our full support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tremendous post. It's inevitable that the establishment footballers like Boyd, Craigan etc and the west coast media mafia will continue to try to undermine our management team, particularly when we don't win (or perform). As supporters we need to make sure that Ian, Austin and the club get our full support!

Craigan and Boyd were ordinary as footballers and their "promotion" to the media as "a voice" for Scottish football tells us everything that's wrong with our game up here. We're constantly told the game has to change from the grass roots level, when in reality we have to get rid of the well paid imposters that call the shots for all the wrong reasons. The big media story this week has been the appointment of two impressive coaches who happen to be young and have formed no allegience to either side of the filth that is Rangers and Celtic. Long way to go on this and we shouldn't let it go.

Arnold Rothstein

We nearly lost our club throwing money to try and topple the bigot bros, ot doesn't work. We are doing something else,something radical to try and achieve this. If we, the fans, give it time, ot could work.

I'm looking forward to next season already.

Could you imagine an up for it Juanma, with Johnsten, Walker and Nicholson or have I went too far with the limitlessness.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Juanma can GTF.

I think struggling smaller clubs like Hibs should follow our model.

Heh heh.... You're a bad man.

:lol:

Not sure Boyd knows what the Guardian and Telegraph are, but I bet him or Stevie Craigan didn't expect to see themselves being ridiculed in either of them.

Both think The Guardian is a security company and The Telegraph is something you send to the happy couple on their wedding day.

I'm not expecting overnight results from our new coaching partnership but I'm confident that what is being put in place will be for the long term good of our club and for Scottish football as a whole. Our new set up is fresh and innovative, allied to the superb work being done in the corporate side and our state of the art training facilities I am sure Heart of Midlothian FC will be the go to club for young aspiring players, especially Scottish based ones who want a fairer opportunity than will be offered by the likes of Rangers and Aberdeen. I think Celtic seem to be bringing some players through their youth system and Rodgers is playing them, Aberdeen buy their first team mostly and can't think of many products of Ranger's so called Academy. I really believe in 5, 10, 20 years time we'll look back at this week and say "that was the start of the new order in Scottish football". I'll be quite happy if it takes a few of them some time to realise this is the way forward, that way we get even more of a head start.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/chris-sutton-enrages-fellow-pundit-with-ian-cathro-support-1-4313924

Something sinister going on here....Why are so many people upset over our new coach...?

I think a lot is to do with the set up as the OP is talking about. A lot of Scottish football never liked CL even as a player and esp turned against him as Scotland manager, basically because he only ever played for us. So I reckon a lot of the noise at Cathro and if you recall about Robbie whe he too was appointed is folk desperate for CL and HMFC to fail. We are the noisy east coast team that won't go away. imho

OP, great post, I'm sending you over a couple of notional drams as a passionate Jambo from Orwell Terrace, now living in Orlando ;)

The Old Tolbooth

Personally, I'm absolutely loving the fact that we're getting right under their skin and upsetting many people who think they're the big cheese of Scottish football, I think we've played this one perfectly so far!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/chris-sutton-enrages-fellow-pundit-with-ian-cathro-support-1-4313924

Something sinister going on here....Why are so many people upset over our new coach...?

Sinister would imply there was a plan. I think they are just having random pot-shots at us...for the moment. The attacks on HMFC during the 2000s was institutionalised, came from the SFA, SPL and the SMS and they unleashed their full and not insubstantial weight against us.

Vlad was telling them a few home-truths at the time that they could not accept (however true they were). He told them they had to change and that he would force their hand. This drove these benighted, backward looking small-minded petty organisations absolutely into self-preservation mode.

The new regime at Hearts is focused entirely on Hearts, to change us not them. A subtle difference therefore but enough to give us a couple of years head start without them starting with the propaganda machine. Perhaps the frustration and sudden over the top reaction to the Cathro/MacPhee appointments is the realisation that they haven't managed to nip this movement in the bud and are just managing to get the propaganda apparatus primed now

The interview with Craigan showed what a jealous hissy-fit throwing ineffective excuse for a pundit he is. He was utterly enraged to think that, despite having his "pro-license", he would never ever be considered for a job anywhere near Tynecastle. It was probably more because he never even received a "thanks but no thanks" rejection letter when he immediately aplied for the job vacated by Neilson. Imagine that throbber actually getting a coaching job anywhere. Just because he has a few "badges" doesn't make him a coach, just because he was a player (for who knows how many years) doesn't even imply he was a footballer. Frankly I have little recollection of him as a player guess he made as much impression on that business as he will as a pundit and a coach.

Everything about Hearts is now geared up for success. Let's just think for a moment here: if we can achieve the sort of football that Cathro wants us to play, we will be averaging 19/20,000 fans at Tynecastle every home match, in what is, or will be the most atmospheric stadium in the country.

I truly believe we are on the brink of something very beautiful here, people. Buckle up.

..." Imagine that throbber actually getting a coaching job anywhere. Just because he has a few "badges" doesn't make him a coach..."

CC has pointed out in another thread that he is  actually  a highly thought of Head Youth coach at Motherwell...Blimey who'd've thunk it. I do however stand corrected ...and utterly astonished.

I would have put money on him being the stern of a boat or a three spoonful glass of Andrews liver salts given the amount of foaming he was doing last night!

I think it is best summed up by saying that people in this country feel like they have nothing more to learn about football other than what they were taught 20 years ago or more.

Despite our country going backwards year after year.

The true nature of the dinosaurs in this country is that they feel like they know it all and dismiss anything new as irrelevant and unnecessary.

Everything about Hearts is now geared up for success. Let's just think for a moment here: if we can achieve the sort of football that Cathro wants us to play, we will be averaging 19/20,000 fans at Tynecastle every home match, in what is, or will be the most atmospheric stadium in the country.

I truly believe we are on the brink of something very beautiful here, people. Buckle up.

This, and pundits, journos and Scottish dinosaurs all know it, hence the interest and uproar.

The Huns wanted Cathro, they ended up with the bread bin.

I think it is best summed up by saying that people in this country feel like they have nothing more to learn about football other than what they were taught 20 years ago or more.

Despite our country going backwards year after year.

The true nature of the dinosaurs in this country is that they feel like they know it all and dismiss anything new as irrelevant and unnecessary.

This and...

This, and pundits, journos and Scottish dinosaurs all know it, hence the interest and uproar.

The Huns wanted Cathro, they ended up with the bread bin.

This too

Sinister would imply there was a plan. I think they are just having random pot-shots at us...for the moment. The attacks on HMFC during the 2000s was institutionalised, came from the SFA, SPL and the SMS and they unleashed their full and not insubstantial weight against us.

Vlad was telling them a few home-truths at the time that they could not accept (however true they were). He told them they had to change and that he would force their hand. This drove these benighted, backward looking small-minded petty organisations absolutely into self-preservation mode.

The new regime at Hearts is focused entirely on Hearts, to change us not them. A subtle difference therefore but enough to give us a couple of years head start without them starting with the propaganda machine. Perhaps the frustration and sudden over the top reaction to the Cathro/MacPhee appointments is the realisation that they haven't managed to nip this movement in the bud and are just managing to get the propaganda apparatus primed now

The interview with Craigan showed what a jealous hissy-fit throwing ineffective excuse for a pundit he is. He was utterly enraged to think that, despite having his "pro-license", he would never ever be considered for a job anywhere near Tynecastle. It was probably more because he never even received a "thanks but no thanks" rejection letter when he immediately aplied for the job vacated by Neilson. Imagine that throbber actually getting a coaching job anywhere. Just because he has a few "badges" doesn't make him a coach, just because he was a player (for who knows how many years) doesn't even imply he was a footballer. Frankly I have little recollection of him as a player guess he made as much impression on that business as he will as a pundit and a coach.

Starting to "nearly like Sutton. And Craigan didn't take much winding up at all. Total embarrassment to himself and others who have taken the hump just because we had the cheek to appoint a talented young coaching team.

Archived