Yesterday's press conference. Free to view.

jambo1998

jamboinglasgow

Damn sky taking 10 days to get Internet put in (already have a line just requires a switch flipped) when all this exciting stuff is happening so I can't watch videos like this.

I look forward to viewing it when my Internet arrives as I know it will be interesting.

Two guys that just ooze confidence.

I liked when McPhee said "if he tells a player something he has to make sure that he can back it up if he is questioned about it.So will always think before he speaks"

Or words to that effect.

Slightly off topic but I think the club should look at making much more info like this available for free. I'm all for maximising revenues but don't see much value in making interviews etc normally only on pay to view via Hearts TV.

I liked when McPhee said "if he tells a player something he has to make sure that he can back it up if he is questioned about it.So will always think before he speaks"

Or words to that effect.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/interview-austin-macphee-on-his-euro-mission-with-northern-ireland-1-4151904

Apologies if this is on the Austin MacPhee thread, but here is an article from the Scotsman ahead of the Euro Championships.

I could be wrong but perhaps Cathro will be the coach that develops the players and MacPhee is the one who will study the opposition.

A higher IQ than the rest of Scottish football combined. Austin completely in the same mold. Not a footballing cliche in sight. So refreshing from any new manager press conference I've ever saw, anywhere.

If he can instill even a tiny fraction of his own self belief in our squad we're on our way to something special.

tartofmidlothian

Or words to that effect.

Yeah, I mentioned that the other day, really liked that.

Also the bit where someone asks Cathro if he's worried about being able to command the respect of senior players and he says "it's fine, it's okay, don't worry about it". Like "it's your problem mate, not mine".

Thanks for the info and link.

Brilliant press conference. Delighted with that performance from all three!

If we play half as good as they talk we'll be going places.

I love the fact that Hearts are doing so many things differently and systematically dismissing outdated approaches.

siegementality

"Hearts, Hearts, this is us, and that's all that matters" Ian Cathro 2016.

The guy gets it :-)

Damn sky taking 10 days to get Internet put in (already have a line just requires a switch flipped) when all this exciting stuff is happening so I can't watch videos like this.

I look forward to viewing it when my Internet arrives as I know it will be interesting.

JiG if you have a smart phone head to somewhere with free wifi and watch it on that :)

I thought he came across very well and was engaging, lots of questions thrown at him, all answered well with confidence.

It's obvious from this that he will handle the media side of things no problem, same goes for Austin.

These guys look way to switched on to be outsmarted by the Scottish Football Media.

Brilliant, they seem like a couple of down to earth guys who want to get on with the job of making Hearts as good as it can be while ignoring all of the irrelevant nonsense that there will be along the way.

Very impressed with that.  If either of them had said this is a massive club (as Petrie tells them to say at the Giro), I would have done myself an injury.

They both came accross with quiet confidence and huge resolve.

Don't know if it's an old chestnut but I hadn't heard "not every jockey was a great horse"

Hope they are settling in well and hope no-one on here starts judging them, good or bad, for at least 3 months.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I thought he was meant to be arrogant, aloof & a bad speaker who wouldn't be able to handle the media? That was a tremendous interview!

I don't think I've ever witnessed a press conference to introduce a new management team for any club quite like that one. These guys have definitely captured the attention of a lot of people.....the questions asked show just how much of an unknown quantity both are to the vast majority of scottish football.

Craig Levein missing was a strange one though. I can only think he thought he would be asked the usual "who picks the team" nonsense so decided to give it a body swerve and let Cathro and MacPhee have their moment.

I loved listening to what they had to say....more so than any other guys we've appointed in the last 20 years. I really hope they can deliver. 

I don't think I've ever witnessed a press conference to introduce a new management team for any club quite like that one. These guys have definitely captured the attention of a lot of people.....the questions asked show just how much of an unknown quantity both are to the vast majority of scottish football.

Craig Levein missing was a strange one though. I can only think he thought he would be asked the usual "who picks the team" nonsense so decided to give it a body swerve and let Cathro and MacPhee have their moment.

I loved listening to what they had to say....more so than any other guys we've appointed in the last 20 years. I really hope they can deliver.

Agree, I thought they came across really well. Read somewhere today that Levein was indeed in the room but stood at the back stroking his beard..

I assume Levein knew they didn't need him for support and was trying to avoid lazy puppet references by the media.

tartofmidlothian

I think Levein knew they'd have it covered.

I've been supporting Hearts since the nineties and the only other new manager who won me over on the strength of how he spoke was Levein himself.

tartofmidlothian

Hope they are settling in well and hope no-one on here starts judging them, good or bad, until this time next season.

FTFY. If ever a Hearts manager needed full support and time to make it work, it's Cathro.

jambogirlglasgow

What fantastic ambassadors for our club. A million miles away from the norm. Refreshing and exciting, Bring it on.

Really interesting interview, really excited to how these guys can develop us.

BTW was it that smug BBC twat, David Currie, who asked who would be picking the team and the dig about the managers office?

I thought he was meant to be arrogant, aloof & a bad speaker who wouldn't be able to handle the media? That was a tremendous interview!

Here here! I tohught they were both excellent and came across wonderfully well. Dont know if Ibrox will come a little bit soon but Im very optimistic for the remainder of the season. Come on!

Very much as I thought. David Currie of the BBC asks Cathro who will be pick the team. IC replies "That'll be me" and slightly later goes into how he will always take help where he can get it.

When it was broadcast on Reporting Scotland, by the same "journalist" no less the "That'll be me" part was taken out. So it now goes, The question many people have asked is who picks the team, followed by IC saying "I'll take help where I can get it".

Despicable organisation. Stick it right up them gentlemen. Do your thing.

Stephen Muddie

"We weren't expecting three chairs"

:jjyay:

I was because I saw the news of the third chair on kickback :cool_shades:

Tennant's  6's

"Not all jockeys were great horses..."

:pleasing: 

A take on the old arrigo sacchi quote when appointed Milan manager, despite no playing career.

Hopefully Ian Cathro has similar success at Tynecastle as Sacchi did at the San Siro! 

Tennant's  6's

Here here! I tohught they were both excellent and came across wonderfully well. Dont know if Ibrox will come a little bit soon but Im very optimistic for the remainder of the season. Come on!

Yeah, not really the shy, introverted type, eh?!

Confident, worldly wise, open minded. Terrific! 

Yeah, I mentioned that the other day, really liked that.

Also the bit where someone asks Cathro if he's worried about being able to command the respect of senior players and he says "it's fine, it's okay, don't worry about it". Like "it's your problem mate, not mine".

"I've done it"

stranraer-jambo

"We weren't expecting three chairs"

?Hip hip.........

:jjyay:

FTFY

Sorry, I'll Get my coat!    :2thumbsup: 

Speaking in portuguese AND spanish! I love this guy already!. Loved when MacPhee said about Ian working with "world class players"  :2thumbsup:

"Hearts...Hearts. This is what this is,this is us...and that's all that matters"

Ian Cathro 

tartofmidlothian

Speaking in portuguese AND spanish! I love this guy already!. Loved when MacPhee said about Ian working with "world class players" :2thumbsup:

"Hearts...Hearts. This is what this is,this is us...and that's all that matters"

Ian Cathro

Glad you picked that quote mate, that was my favourite too.

Also "do you think that's a valid question?" is the new "did ye, aye?"

Brick Tamland

Very well answered by all 3.

Very excited about where these people can take us,

I do expect us to take a real beasting in the press though, more than we endured in the Vlad era and hopefully we will swat it away and get it right up them all.

I thought Craig not being there was strange...but once I actually THOUGHT about it, I think he just wanted the new lads to get on with it and he himself not to be centre on attention. Good move Craig! Intelligent guy

I thought Craig not being there was strange...but once I actually THOUGHT about it, I think he just wanted the new lads to get on with it and he himself not to be centre on attention. Good move Craig! Intelligent guy

I actually had 'goosebumps' while watching this.

Anybody else?

Excellent. They all came across really well.

Both spoke really well, no signs of anybody uncomfortable about speaking to anybody.

Loved the confidence & attitude.

Exciting times ahead.

I thought he came across very well and was engaging, lots of questions thrown at him, all answered well with confidence.

It's obvious from this that he will handle the media side of things no problem, same goes for Austin.

These guys look way to switched on to be outsmarted by the Scottish Football Media.

Willie Miller even had a go about Ian saying he would enjoy the media briefings

Speaking in portuguese AND spanish! I love this guy already!. Loved when MacPhee said about Ian working with "world class players" :2thumbsup:

Ian Cathro

That quote should be put up above the tunnel. F****** awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very good first conference from both Cathro and MacPhee. Positive comments, with some humour thrown in, particularly about the laptop and Dundee.

Archived