Craig Thomson - not only bad in Scotland

Sydney

Former Italian referee Graziano Cesari gave a blunt assessment, saying: ?Craig Thomson is always a disastrous referee.?

I don't like being too critical of referees, but seriously, how bad are referees in Scotland just now?

Can't give a stone Waller at Tynecastle but gives a dubious one for the home team in Russia? Hmmm, my respect for Mr Thomson is diminishing by the game.

If you look at it he's got a great view as well. Appalling decision and as has been said shows you just how poor Scottish referees are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's certainly a bizarre decision, especially in the light of what he ignored at Tynie.

Too used to being prejudiced and weak by letting fans and managers influence decisions...

SectionDJambo

It looked like, he asked for, and got agreement from Clancy on the bye line.

The standard of our referees can't have been worse, but the SFA think they are top notch. It's no wonder Scottish football is at an all time low, with the mugs who "run" our game.

Since the cup final he has been rank rotten for us.

The other games I've seen him in he goes between average and very very poor.

We destroyed Hibs, not Thomson. However, given his weakness I have no doubt that he is consciously or subconsciously trying to demonstrate that he didn't favour us because some Hobos have said he did...  

He is certainly a crap referee and his assistants are just as bad but .........

For me the shoulder to shoulder challenge was fine and the Besiktas player accidentally brings down the Kiev player as he falls.

Penalty and a yellow card for me.

Doesn't matter about us. Take us out of the equation for a minute. If we are honest(and neutral about it)he had a mare of a performance in the 2012 cup final. Some of the younger refs coming through are miles better than him. Glancy, Mclean, Allan, those types.

I have to say from what I've seen collum has been excellent this season. Here and in Europe. Seems a lot less officious

Archived