Ewan Murray at his best.

VivaObua

What a cracking bit of journalism - boy does he nail Scottish football and Fatty Boyd in particular!

His comment about Boyd is hilarious -

"a player notable throughout his career for what he couldn't do than what he could do"

:gok: 

glastonbury jambo

Slapping the SFA around like a well used punch bag. Love it.

its there own makings ...they are so blind though , it will way over there heads.

Салатные палочки

Boyd is quite rightly not renowned for being smart and that piece he wrote was an embarrassment but I hope some decent journalist is able to tear Robert Grieve a new one for that one he wrote in response.  

A refreshing read and one that won't go down well through in the West. Glad to see someone highlight how backward the footballing authority in this Country is.

Great article.

It shows Scottish football up for what it is and why it's lagging miles behind other nations.

Good piece.

Hearts new duo could help be part of the biggest shake up of Scottish football.

What irritates me is when Scotland gets its reputation tarnished because of Glasgow antics. The SFA, Old Firm and all the red top pishy Glasgow newspapers are what's inciting Scottish football to rot.

Get the SFA out of Glasgow and getting some fresh, progressive thinking folk in charge. Use Hearts as an example of how things should be run and done.

alicante jambo

Wow what a brilliant read.Good on.that man.Its clwar even to the blind scottish football needs big change.Were trying that and still getting slagged.

alwaysthereinspirit

its there own makings ...they are so blind though , it will way over there heads.

Unfortunately you are 100% correct. They'll read it or hear about it but will never look themselves in the mirror and admit there's an issue. Scottish football will just continue on the same path its followed for the past 20 years. Sad that nothing can be done from within the game. We had our chance when Rangers died. We failed miserably.

While it is a well-written article, it certainly makes for depressing reading.

Under the present group of incompetents running the show, Scotland has slid into football irrelevance.  But they're still drawing their lucrative salaries. 

Great piece

Loved how he wrapped it into an opportunity to have a pop at the SFA and Mackay.

Mackay is guilty of the same "locker room chat" that ripped Trump to shreds in the US. The same type of chat that people like Sturgeon said had no place in Scotland

tartofmidlothian

I didn't know that about Malky Mackay being up for the SFA job. Murray gets fired right in, doesn't he?

i liked this about inflated cheesy snack man

Kris Boyd, a player as notable throughout his career for what he couldn?t do than what he could.

alwaysthereinspirit

While it is a well-written article, it certainly makes for depressing reading.

Under the present group of incompetents running the show, Scotland has slid into football irrelevance.  But they're still drawing their lucrative salaries.

I was thinking the same. Anyone in Scotland with one brain cell knows everything he writes about our game is true yet we just sit idly by and accept it. It is very very depressing.

Can someone copy and paste, my iPhone always plays up when I click on links to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone copy and paste, my iPhone always plays up when I click on links to read.

Please, no copy and paste of the entire article.  A couple of key paragraphs should be enough.

Copyright laws, and all that.

Please, no copy and paste of the entire article. A couple of key paragraphs should be enough.

Copyright laws, and all that.

fair play.

Malcky Mckay getting the Scotland job would signal the end of any ambition to actually see Scotland national team and football to improve.

Job for the boys attitude which has ruined Scottish football. We seem to have rattled a few cages with this appointment as maybe teams will start to follow suit. Threatens people like Boyd and Fullerton

I didn't realise Mackay was a serious contender.

That's worrying.

Worrying that our youth are going to be beholden to someone who's idea of "banter" is racism, anti-Semitism and misogyny.

Good role model is Malky

He should be Persona non grata

Sums up precisely what is wrong with our game.  If you want to keep stirring the same old candidates round the same old pot, you'll end up accepting the same old shite.

Hearts have dared to be different.  Time for the support to really get behind the management and team and make Tynecastle an absolute cauldron for ALL visitors.

Great piece

Loved how he wrapped it into an opportunity to have a pop at the SFA and Mackay.

Mackay is guilty of the same "locker room chat" that ripped Trump to shreds in the US. The same type of chat that people like Sturgeon said had no place in Scotland

What has an SFA appointment got to do with Sturgeon?!

Good article by Murray and whilst the main focus on here will be on the Cathro part it's the Mackay thing which is the bigger issue. He should be nowhere near any SFA job and I'd hope that Scottish football fans would make that known.

Robert Grieve, if you're watching or reading, that's how you get your point across.

Great read.

Good article which will have no impact on the people it was directed at. That beacon of modernity the SFA have just given their full backing to the biggest "show us your medals " merchant as Scotland manger and the MSM will rally round their particular pet football experts and back them to the hilt.

With these appointments Hearts have bypassed the old boy network and that will not go down well with the "we've always done it this way " brigade and I've no doubt they'll try to put the boot in at every opportunity.

Don't bother reading the Kris Boyd article in the Sun, it's exactly what you think it would be.

Archived