Cathro and MacPhee press conference

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian

Cathro: "There are no limits other than the ones you set yourself. I don't live by those limits. We can improve and grow." #HMFC

tartofmidlothian

Cathro, on his playing style: "I have numerous powerpoint presentations if you want to see my laptop..."

:yas:

Cathro, on his playing style: "I have numerous powerpoint presentations if you want to see my laptop..."

:yas:

Trolling Pickled Onion :sunny:

tartofmidlothian

Cathro: "I don't see why everything should be set by what football, society or clubs have been in the past. Find a way to do something new."

These tweets all from Capital City Press.

That was excellent, both articulate and intelligent guys, and Cathro comes across as anything but socially awkward.

glastonbury jambo

Cathro: "There are no limits other than the ones you set yourself. I don't live by those limits. We can improve and grow." #HMFC

oh dear lordie ....YES.

glastonbury jambo

Cathro: "I don't see why everything should be set by what football, society or clubs have been in the past. Find a way to do something new."

These tweets all from Capital City Press.

OMG...YES!

Bazzas right boot

Really excited by what they are saying.

However, it may take time and don't think it will all come together this season. Although this season still has allot to play for.

In at the deep end on Saturday, hope for a flying start.

Great , forward thinking by the club, going to be a interesting time being a Hearts fan

glastonbury jambo

Iv just creamed myself at this new ambitious team with NO LIMITS,

Robbie ...sorry but you were pish really compared to this mindset.,

we are going to win the league.

glastonbury jambo

Really excited by what they are saying.

However, it may take time and don't think it will all come together this season. Although this season still has allot to play for.

In at the deep end on Saturday, hope for a flying start.

Great , forward thinking by the club, going to be a interesting time being a Hearts fan

or ...it may just take right off now and grow into a beautiful giant.,,,the time is NOW!!

I tell you what he's a confident ****er.

Talking about improving the current players before Jan transfer window so we need to bring in fewer players.

Erm, that's just over 3 weeks!?

He'a certainly not waiting until next pre season to kick on....

'Aye but you want rid of neilson but who would you want to replace him with?'

These guys.

:jjyay:

We_are_the_Hearts

These guys.

They have been proved wrong again. In fact fans have been proved wrong virtually all the time since Budgement Day. Main thing is it all works out for the club and it certainly has. Onnwards and Upwards

alicante jambo

wow

intelligent people with brand new ideas and huge ambition

I like this a lot

So do i but the sfa dinasaurs wont.Im delighted with these appiintments.

They have been proved wrong again. In fact fans have been proved wrong virtually all the time since Budgement Day. Main thing is it all works out for the club and it certainly has. Onnwards and Upwards

Obviously this is not directed specifically at me, but I have always said that Cathro would be the only guy I would have to follow Neilson whenever that happened.

These guys.

Haha.. People thought Neilson would be irreplaceable.. I'll be honest I'd never heard much of MacPhee before last weekend.. but now he is in then I think we have signed two really forward thinking coaches with huge confidence in themselves which will hopefully translate to the team..

Of course they are no guarantee but I am massively excited about this route the club has chosen..

One chapter has closed and I'm hopefully that a really exciting one is just beginning..

Hopefully the players buy into it and we move forward together..

I like them both a lot. Where's this dour, humourless chap we were warned about by Boyd and Fullarton?

They both spoke very well and they're ticking all the boxes in terms of what we want to hear. If they can get the team to do it on the pitch, this could be an absolutely brilliant time for Hearts. It's very exciting.

Beaks at the GFA will not be happy with this - standby for Agent Collum to turn up a bit more regularly from now on.

Happy Happy Day

HHGH

Where is the best place to watch this in full?

Subscribe to Hearts tv for whole thing

Will be various excerpts probably best STV Edinburgh

Christ alone knows what this place will be like if we get beat on saturday

Or if we win.

Let's just hope for a draw then for the peace of mankind...

We_are_the_Hearts

Obviously this is not directed specifically at me, but I have always said that Cathro would be the only guy I would have to follow Neilson whenever that happened.

Just in general mate. I was asked a couple of times who could do better than Robbie. And seeing as I am not a DoF and have no insight into who is available, who wants it and what the budget is I couldn't answer. Agreed that we have got the best available. Can't see either of these 2 letting half hearted players stall their careers. Can see a couple of fall outs along the way but that's good as the comfort zone is dangerous. Better to aim for the top and see where it takes you

alicante jambo

Beaks at the GFA will not be happy with this - standby for Agent Collum to turn up a bit more regularly from now on.

Happy Happy Day

HHGH

Hi mate hope all is well.Exciting times eh?Im delighted with this.Totslly different from anything in scotland.

I will need to wait until pay day before signing up... Had it circa 2006-2011 then cancelled as the content was mince. Think it was the Billy Brown show that sealed it.

I like them both a lot. Where's this dour, humourless chap we were warned about by Boyd and Fullarton?

They both spoke very well and they're ticking all the boxes in terms of what we want to hear. If they can get the team to do it on the pitch, this could be an absolutely brilliant time for Hearts. It's very exciting.

Yeah

Cathro will get on fine with media I think not to mention the players

He clearly learns quickly and he knows he has to deal well with people to succeed. And he is desperate and driven to succeed.

I've got Hearts TV but can't see it..

What do i need to click on?

Hi mate hope all is well.Exciting times eh?Im delighted with this.Totslly different from anything in scotland.

All is good Bud

Buck the Trend - why not

I think this was happening behind the scenes sooner than we think - why would McPhee be at Ibrox last Saturday other than to scout on the opposition.  Happy we have got them both

You can just feed off the energy from Cathro's interview last night and think good times ahead

HHGH

I've got Hearts TV but can't see it..

What do i need to click on?

Don't think it is on HMFC TV yet, probably later today

tartofmidlothian

Just saw it on STV's Facebook.

"Hearts. This is what this is. This is us. This is all that matters."

:sob: I've bought my one-way ticket for the Cathro train.

Can someone please summarise what was said?

And also what are the key points about each Cathro & MacPhee?

thanks

alicante jambo

All is good Bud

Buck the Trend - why not

I think this was happening behind the scenes sooner than we think - why would McPhee be at Ibrox last Saturday other than to scout on the opposition. Happy we have got them both

You can just feed off the energy from Cathro's interview last night and think good times ahead

HHGH

Ive no seen any interviews yet im at work but will look later.Lets batter these batstewards on saturday.

tartofmidlothian

One of the best quotes was from MacPhee, discussing becoming a coach without having played at any great level. He said you have to think about things more. If you're a former pro and managers have shouted "work the channels" or whatever at you for ten years, you think that's how things are done and you just do the same thing. If you want to get a Northern Ireland international or a Valencia player to try something different, though, you want to be extremely well prepared and be able to back up your decisions. He was very impressive too.

Archived