Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Space Mackerel

The problem you wont accept is that many of RBS current customers are in England.  In the case of Indy RBS would become a foreign bank to them not subject to english Law and therefore a large percentage of customers will transfer their accounts to England.

Really? That's why my mortgage is with Santander (Spanish) and my secret stash of dosh is invested all over the world with 7investments?

What a load of tripe.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? That's why my mortgage is with Santander (Spanish) and my secret stash of dosh is invested all over the world with 7investments?

What a load of tripe.

So a country whose business with another country accounts for over 50% (underestimate) can break that a union seperate finances etc etc and survive.

Which i agree it can.

But a country that has 10% business with other countries (overestimate) after breaking its union cannot.

How you manage to run a business and have several international investments while on here 24 hours quoting wings of scotland is amazing.

Yer a toap boey mackie.

Space Mackerel

So a country whose business with another country accounts for over 50% (underestimate) can break that a union seperate finances etc etc and survive.

Which i agree it can.

But a country that has 10% business with other countries (overestimate) after breaking its union cannot.

How you manage to run a business and have several international investments while on here 24 hours quoting wings of scotland is amazing.

Yer a toap boey mackie.

Word salad. [emoji53]

What a load of tripe.

The fact remains that many English customers will transfer their accounts to English Banks on Indy.    

Anyway given that the support for Indy is sunk it matters not.  You have failed.

Space Mackerel

The fact remains that many English customers will transfer their accounts to English Banks on Indy.

Anyway given that the support for Indy is sunk it matters not. You have failed.

Figures please or back to circuit training OAP's

Thunderstruck

What a load of tripe.

I hope your knowledge of your worldwide investment management is not a misinformed as your belief that you pay your mortgage interest to a Senor in Northern Spain.

"Santander UK plc is a British bank, wholly owned by the Spanish Santander Group. Santander UK plc manages its affairs autonomously, with its own local management team, responsible solely for its performance".

That is from 20secs worth of scanning the internet - a feat that should be well within yourvcapabilities as Kickback's cut and paste champion.

No doubt that, as a financial wheeler and dealer, a hike in tax to pay for a solvent independent Scotland will be a price worth paying. Unless, of course, you are one of those hated Tory tax avoiders. A Tory tax avoider - surely not - say it's not so, Spaceboy, say it's not so.

Space Mackerel

I hope your knowledge of your worldwide investment management is not a misinformed as your belief that you pay your mortgage interest to a Senor in Northern Spain.

"Santander UK plc is a British bank, wholly owned by the Spanish Santander Group. Santander UK plc manages its affairs autonomously, with its own local management team, responsible solely for its performance".

That is from 20secs worth of scanning the internet - a feat that should be well within yourvcapabilities as Kickback's cut and paste champion.

No doubt that, as a financial wheeler and dealer, a hike in tax to pay for a solvent independent Scotland will be a price worth paying. Unless, of course, you are one of those hated Tory tax avoiders. A Tory tax avoider - surely not - say it's not so, Spaceboy, say it's not so.

Like I'm quite bothered which Master of the Universe gets the profits from my debt?

Where is the choice? [emoji23]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38196904

No you stupid idiot there is no doubt that this is anything but political posturing. Zilch zero impact on combatting the worldwide persecution of a group who effectively renounce the example of Muhammed.

Be good to know how many reps from Bradford community or even Glasgow Central Mosque show up at an event where the Ahmadiya tell them what the 'true' version is. In the meantime Shahs family have had to flee the country. Don't expect any actual criticism from Krankie and co whilst block votes are at stake.

Thunderstruck

Like I'm quite bothered which Master of the Universe gets the profits from my debt?

Where is the choice? [emoji23]

Deeside pointed out that RBS would be subject to English law and you replied to say that was why you used Santander (Spanish). Seems you are "bothered".

Choice - why not use a mutual building society like Yorkshire or Skipton or, if they are too English for your prejudices, the Scottish Building Society.

Anyway im with the Co-op better than RBS and BOS who for years have attacked accounts with ridic bank charges.

And i get a bank statement(free) every couple of weeks.

BOS was 3 months, 

AlphonseCapone

Anyway im with the Co-op better than RBS and BOS who for years have attacked accounts with ridic bank charges.

And i get a bank statement(free) every couple of weeks.

BOS was 3 months,

:lol: bank statement (free). Who the **** pays for a bank statement and can't acess it anytime they want one? You don't still get paper ones fo you :lol:

Trapper John McIntyre

:lol: bank statement (free). Who the **** pays for a bank statement and can't acess it anytime they want one? You don't still get paper ones fo you :lol:

Jesus, what a know-it-all.

Deeside pointed out that RBS would be subject to English law and you replied to say that was why you used Santander (Spanish). Seems you are "bothered".

Choice - why not use a mutual building society like Yorkshire or Skipton or, if they are too English for your prejudices, the Scottish Building Society.

Im sure makeral the business owner and international investments he holds does not need advice on finances.

Its quite clear from his posts he has a clear and coherent grasp on the world.

If, as you say "Santander UK plc is a British bank, wholly owned by the Spanish Santander Group." are their profits not returned to their shareholders who are predominantly Spanish?

Is it not then true that some of the profit on SM's mortgage interest would be paid to a "Senor" in Spain?

Space Mackerel

What is this English law you speak of in the world of global finance and investment?

Thunderstruck

If, as you say "Santander UK plc is a British bank, wholly owned by the Spanish Santander Group." are their profits not returned to their shareholders who are predominantly Spanish?

Is it not then true that some of the profit on SM's mortgage interest would be paid to a "Senor" in Spain?

With 3.3 million shareholders worldwide in the Santander Group - and nearly half of those based in the UK - it?s clear our commitment to create and maintain the best possible service is pleasing investors.

Perhaps it is time to hone your internet researching skills.

Trapper John McIntyre

The SNP fought this week for a fairer system with benefits sanctions. They simply wanted the individuals circumstances to be acknowledged and considered before sanctions were applied. It went down the same route as their recent Turing bill.

Why does Labour place party politics above anything else? What harm is created by considering given circumstances before removing someones income or pardoning a gay man prosecuted by the state 40 years ago?

No wonder Labour is slowly dying a death all over the UK. Internal polling now showing that they are at rock-bottom in Scotland.

Are you able to name one redistribution of wealth policy brought in by the SNP government?

Is it not then true that some of the profit on SM's mortgage interest would be paid to a "Senor" in Spain?

You respond to the above with this.

With 3.3 million shareholders worldwide in the Santander Group - and nearly half of those based in the UK - it?s clear our commitment to create and maintain the best possible service is pleasing investors.

and then this

Perhaps it is time to hone your internet researching skills.

What has any of this got to do with my research skills? Why don't you just answer the question, which was?  Is it not then true that some of the profit on SM's mortgage interest would be paid to a "Senor" in Spain? 

You were the one trying to ridicule SM when you said "I hope your knowledge of your worldwide investment management is not a misinformed as your belief that you pay your mortgage interest to a Senor in Northern Spain."

I don't expect you to answer the question directly, you rarely do, nor do I expect you to explain your comment that I need to hone my research skills. It would be constructive if you tried though rather than offering some oblique comment and an insult. They are two straightforward questions. 

Space Mackerel

and then this

What has any of this got to do with my research skills? Why don't you just answer the question, which was?  Is it not then true that some of the profit on SM's mortgage interest would be paid to a "Senor" in Spain? 

You were the one trying to ridicule SM when you said "I hope your knowledge of your worldwide investment management is not a misinformed as your belief that you pay your mortgage interest to a Senor in Northern Spain."

I don't expect you to answer the question directly, you rarely do, nor do I expect you to explain your comment that I need to hone my research skills. It would be constructive if you tried though rather than offering some oblique comment and an insult. They are two straightforward questions.

I'm still waiting on an answer from him explaining this English law that is intrinsically linked to the global financial system.

Trapper John McIntyre

Are you able to name one redistribution of wealth policy brought in by the SNP government?

The silence tell its own story as JKB's resident Natz head for the hills.

Reintroduction of business rates on shooting estates.

That picture perfectly illustrates Krankie's desperation to pander to the Muslim voters.

She truly is a horrible, thin-lipped wee goblin.

The SNP fought this week for a fairer system with benefits sanctions. They simply wanted the individuals circumstances to be acknowledged and considered before sanctions were applied. It went down the same route as their recent Turing bill.

Why does Labour place party politics above anything else? What harm is created by considering given circumstances before removing someones income or pardoning a gay man prosecuted by the state 40 years ago?

No wonder Labour is slowly dying a death all over the UK. Internal polling now showing that they are at rock-bottom in Scotland.

On the Turing Bill, that was talked out of Parliament by the government Minister denying a vote. Not Labour.

Equally, it was a massively flawed peice of legislation. If you want a good article on the Turing Bill read this from Professor James Chalmers of Glasgow University: http://schooloflaw.academicblogs.co.uk/2016/10/22/schrodingers-pardon-the-difficulties-of-the-turing-bill/

The issue predominantly with Labour is a feckless leadership. A useless PLP doesn't help much, nor does a pretty ineffective Scottish Leadership.

I agree with your point on sanctions but confess ignorance to the substance of the debate. However, with Turing a lot of opposition to Nicholson's legislation deals with the unintended consequence of pardoning convicted offenders of non-consensual sex. The law then when it came to homosexual relationships and sex did not distinguish between consensual and non-consensual acts. Hence why it was ultimately talked out by the Government.

Edited by JamboX2

I'm still waiting on an answer from him explaining this English law that is intrinsically linked to the global financial system.

Most high value international financial transactions opt to use the expertise of the London financial courts. Commonly happens in Scottish transactions for large estates of land, oil, infrastructure projects and other big deals that the parties opt to prorogate justice to the Courts in London. Which use English law. Happens globally.

Check any terms and conditions and there is provision for where court actions can be raised. Some companies, banks and the like will opt for English courts.

Anyway given that the support for Indy is sunk it matters not. You have failed.

I dont think english people will change bank because we go independent.

Do you actually believe that?

AlphonseCapone

That picture perfectly illustrates Krankie's desperation to pander to the Muslim voters.

She truly is a horrible, thin-lipped wee goblin.

Exactly mate, pandering to all those voters making up less than a 1% of the country :lol:

Space Mackerel

Most high value international financial transactions opt to use the expertise of the London financial courts. Commonly happens in Scottish transactions for large estates of land, oil, infrastructure projects and other big deals that the parties opt to prorogate justice to the Courts in London. Which use English law. Happens globally.

Check any terms and conditions and there is provision for where court actions can be raised. Some companies, banks and the like will opt for English courts.

And you knew that?

You're the Google expert on here. :lol:

Like that's what Thunder was on about?

Space Mackerel

Our great leader.D4uUHMT.jpg

What is exactly wrong with this picture? I'm struggling to see anything.

But I'm not a racist arsehole so that might be a hinderence.

jack D and coke

Islam isn't a race.

Reported.

Criticising the poison that is Islam = racism?

You sum up everything that is wrong with the left.

Sturgeon makes it out that she is the champion of women's rights and yet here she is, wearing a hijab, the everlasting symbol of Islams misogyny.

She is a hypocrite.

Our great leader.

D4uUHMT.jpg

Part of that particular visit was to promote diversity in the wake of the murdered Glasgow shopkeeper.

But you use it to have a go at Nicola Sturgeon.....brav...****ing...o !

Space Mackerel

Sturgeon makes it out that she is the champion of women's rights and yet here she is, wearing a hijab, the everlasting symbol of Islams misogyny.

She is a hypocrite.

Reported? Grow up you big baby :lol:

And you should know, to enter places of worship such as these, headdress is to be worn.

Thunderstruck

and then this

What has any of this got to do with my research skills? Why don't you just answer the question, which was? Is it not then true that some of the profit on SM's mortgage interest would be paid to a "Senor" in Spain?

I don't expect you to answer the question directly, you rarely do, nor do I expect you to explain your comment that I need to hone my research skills. It would be constructive if you tried though rather than offering some oblique comment and an insult. They are two straightforward questions.

You are a humourless wee chap, aren't you.

Did you or did you not say that the shareholders in Santander UK plc were "PREDOMINANTLY" Spanish?

Predominantly -

mainly; for the most part.

"it is predominantly a coastal bird"

synonyms: mainly, mostly, for the most part, chiefly, principally, primarily, predominately, preponderantly, in the main, on the whole, largely, by and large, to a large extent, to a great degree, typically, in general, generally, usually, commonly, as a rule

"although predominantly a disease of older men, it is not unknown in people of his age"

(Google)

If the UK accounts for "nearly half" and the shares are held worldwide, how does your claim of predominantly Spanish hold up?

You were wrong. Admit it instead of deflecting and getting all precious.

The pleasing aspect of this is that, thanks to some judicious investing by Fund Managers, I benefit albeit by a tiny amount from Spaceboy's interest payments.

Our great leader.D4uUHMT.jpg

If only she wore the full Burka. At least then we wouldn't see her face. This picture sums up our country today. A one way street of appeasement. One day the rancid cow may try do something to impress the majorities.

Space.....you're on your own, mate. Good luck.

To think that this thread started about bottled water....jeez !

Probably get a better debate with a bottle of water mind. 

Space Mackerel

Space.....you're on your own, mate. Good luck.

To think that this thread started about bottled water....jeez !

Probably get a better debate with a bottle of water mind.

[emoji23]

I think I'll leave the wee racist Yonnys to tug themselves to death on this thread.

edb8804febab19e14fe2943b65c16aca.jpg

Did that 'trend' on some social media site I take it. Utter cring fest.

I am a free thinker, I 100% fully support Trident and I am a Tory. As for austerity, I am just working hard and paying my taxes. And in all honesty I don't even notice austerity as it is a giant myth. I bet you don't either. We spend more than we earn so explain how austerity is in play please?

You really are one big wooly sheep. Better hide from 'I've Seen the Light'.

Edited by i8hibsh

I dont think english people will change bank because we go independent.

Do you actually believe that?

Oh yes they will.  And so will Scottish people.         People want their money to be secure.  In UK Bank balances are underwritten by Govt and Banks themselves are baled out by UK taxpayers (RBS for example).   In other words if a Bank ones bust, which nowadays is possible, the Govt will intervene to protect customers.

In Indy, it is extremely unlikely, in fact nonsense, to think the Scottish Govt will provide the same level of support if a Scottish Bank gets in trouble.

So for security, it is obvious UK customers will stay with a Bank that is underwritten by UK Govt.  

She is a hypocrite.

She is just trying to grab Muslim votes.  No problem with that, except she will lose more votes than she gains.  Silly Nippy.

And you knew that?

You're the Google expert on here. :lol:

Like that's what Thunder was on about?

No. I'm a solicitor. I've dealt with things like this before.

Terrible isn't it, forging links with minorities that no doubt feel oppressed at times within the UK.

Thoughts on the British government 'pandering' to Muslim countries in the middle east by ignoring their abysmal human rights records in order to sell weapons?

I wonder what Wee Nippys views are on forced marriages and female circumcision?

So will she now wear head cover all the time in future now, or only when she is required to be photographed with Muslims?   If she really believes females should cover their heads then she will have to stick to that from now on.   We will see tomorrow.