Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Geoff the Mince
9 minutes ago, jake said:

I can't be sure but I would think Sturgeon has had plenty to say about it.

She chooses to be anti trump .

There's not a lot wrong with that.

But aye Geoff it is all a lot of shite.

I find it laughable the double standards and the ease that the joke that is opposition gathers to oppose Trump.

Sectarianism is no easy nut to crack.

I'm for independence and one of the many reasons I'm for it is so that Scotland can deal with that with out hiding behind the excuse of blaming England.

Which embarrassingly is the call of many.

I agree Jake , 

It would be good to hear from Sturgeon  on  something that's a national embarrassment.

but it's easier to slag Trump etc . . 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geoff the Mince
Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

Aye okay. You can type "pish " and "shite" all you like but these are serious questions. 

If you're talking about diversity you have folk saying They're simply celebrating their Irish heritage.  There's a fine line between doing that and promoting bigotry/ terrorism. 

Similarly you can't just dismiss people with an Orange background as outright bigots with no redeeming features. 

Well clearly you can but you're looking at it simplistically.

Child killers are associated with these people ,  I'm including both sides .

MacDonald Jardine
4 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Child killers are associated with these people ,  I'm including both sides .

Child killers are not associated with the Orange Order.

Your post just emphasises my previous point. 

It's also interesting that your initial post made no mention of killers, of children or otherwise, just bigotry. 

You're trying to move things to suit.

42 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I agree Jake , 

It would be good to hear from Sturgeon  on  something that's a national embarrassment.

but it's easier to slag Trump etc . . 

But she and the snp have tried to address this .

Unsuccessfully.

It's a complex issue .

How would you ?

I'm not having a go.

I am critical of many things without having answers.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

You don't know what diversity means do you?

Mr The Mince knows a lot about diversity.

The issue I think he's trying to get at is a bit like parking fines. They're an infringement on our civil liberty to park where the **** we like and we all hate them - but we all agree that without them the roads and pavements would be chaos and a whole lot worse than they are now.  

As a society we know that on a utilitarian level parking fines and restrictions are necessary despite their restrictions on our individual freedoms.

Maybe greater restrictions of Orange Order and Republican marches might be one of those things that's best for the long term prospects of a civilised society despite it's infringement on individual freedoms. 

That's the question we need to be answering before we can even think about how get to work on the rest of the issue.

Edit: I've just re-read that post and can only conclude that I need to get measured up for jack boots and ill-fitting jodhpurs. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin
Jawohl

9 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

She keeps telling us Scotland is an inclusive country and embraces diversity ,

why doesnt she she deal with the biggest problem we have ? 

I agree, this and separate schools should be confronted more forceful. But have a look at what happened when they tried to deal with it in football. 

Geoff the Mince
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I agree, this and separate schools should be confronted more forceful. But have a look at what happened when they tried to deal with it in football. 

She and others have to show what an embarrassment these people are ,

Its not culture it's a load of shite ! 

Just now, Geoff the Mince said:

She and others have to show what an embarrassment these people are ,

Its not culture it's a load of shite ! 

Agree, but they'll have to be careful. This is dangerous ground, as is independence. 

MacDonald Jardine
7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Mr The Mince knows a lot about diversity.

The issue I think he's trying to get at is a bit like parking fines. They're an infringement on our civil liberty to park where the **** we like and we all hate them - but we all agree that without them the roads and pavements would be chaos and a whole lot worse than they are now.  

As a society we know that on a utilitarian level parking fines and restrictions are necessary despite their restrictions on our individual freedoms.

Maybe greater restrictions of Orange Order and Republican marches might be one of those things that's best for the long term prospects of a civilised society despite it's infringement on individual freedoms. 

That's the question we need to be answering before we can even think about how get to work on the rest of the issue.

Edit: I've just re-read that post and can only conclude that I need to get measured up for jack boots and ill-fitting jodhpurs. 

?

It's actually a fair point.  There is an assessment to be made but my point was you can't just dismiss all these things out of hand.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

?

It's actually a fair point.  There is an assessment to be made but my point was you can't just dismiss all these things out of hand.

No you absolutely can't :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Love that picture. 

What do you like about it if you don't mind me asking?

26 minutes ago, pablo said:

What do you like about it if you don't mind me asking?

The leader of our country walking with the people, obviously enjoying herself, and the message on her top. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The leader of our country walking with the people, obviously enjoying herself, and the message on her top. 

It's great, so natural, not stage managed in the slightest.

1 minute ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

It's great, so natural, not stage managed in the slightest.

Correct.    And yes I can detect sarcasm, but sad but you unionists have to have something to complain about. She was invited to lead the parade and accepted. She picked an outfit that would fit with the parade and her view

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Correct.    And yes I can detect sarcasm, but sad but you unionists have to have something to complain about. She was invited to lead the parade and accepted. She picked an outfit that would fit with the parade and her view

Where did I complain?

And she picked nothing, she was told to wear it and you know it.

Don't get all aggy.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

By whom?

22 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The message on her t-shirt is indeed admirable. It only carries weight if it's consistent with the wearer's personal life though. 

22 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Where did I complain?

Don't get all aggy.

Wow, and exactly who told her to wear it and how do you know? Pathetic isn't a strong enough word for you loonies

Trapper John McIntyre
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Wow, and exactly who told her to wear it and how do you know? Pathetic isn't a strong enough word for you loonies

Probably by her, ahem.. . 'husband'.

And how about the  embarrassing lot of cultist,  brainwashed, flag waving muppets that blindly follow the SNP? Pathetic probably sums them up quite accurately

Well, some very enlightened posts from our resident britnats, funny how one 'choose love' t-shirt at an lgbt event can cause so much anger. Anyway, going to choose love over hate and leave you all to it. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 hours ago, XB52 said:

You calling people 'loonies', you. ? 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Well, some very enlightened posts from our resident britnats, funny how one 'choose love' t-shirt at an lgbt event can cause so much anger. Anyway, going to choose love over hate and leave you all to it. 

Where is the anger? Why would you think anyone is angry? 

7 hours ago, pablo said:

The message on her t-shirt is indeed admirable. It only carries weight if it's consistent with the wearer's personal life though. 

Do you mean that Sturgeon can't be at a Pride march because she's not gay?!

Or do you mean that she doesn't experience love in her personal life?

Either way you're making a tit of yourself

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Do you mean that Sturgeon can't be at a Pride march because she's not gay?!

Or do you mean that she doesn't experience love in her personal life?

Either way you're making a tit of yourself

Wait a minute. We can say absolutely anything about the toaries, Thatcher and Trump. But mildly suggesting that Nikki might not be completely sincere, or heaven forbid, a hypocrite is not allowed? 

You grievance and greed cult members would be dangerous if you weren't so limited in your reach.

Bazzas right boot

Taxation power votes

All SNP yes. 

All tories  No ( including Ruth and Mundell) 

Labour sat on their arse. 

FB_IMG_1531818700100.jpg

11 hours ago, pablo said:

Wait a minute. We can say absolutely anything about the toaries, Thatcher and Trump. But mildly suggesting that Nikki might not be completely sincere, or heaven forbid, a hypocrite is not allowed? 

TBF, her Government is a tad more "progressive" than the likes of the Tories, Thatcher and Trump!

Good photo op for her?  Hell yes.  Bandwagoning to curry favour?  Perhaps, although I'd ask the question why the leaders of all the main parties in Scotland weren't there?

For all the "nasty nats" narrative being purveyed, perhaps the electorate in Scotland are still voting for them in huge numbers because they actually think they are decent folk?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/06/global-far-right-rises-snp-offering-inclusive-nationalism

In a time where identity seems to be so important, and differences are seen as bad and polluting rather than vibrant and enriching, it's hopeful to see a politician do something like this.  We are all humans, and humanity is something to strive for.

All you need is love.  Trite, but true.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

TBF, her Government is a tad more "progressive" than the likes of the Tories, Thatcher and Trump!

Good photo op for her?  Hell yes.  Bandwagoning to curry favour?  Perhaps, although I'd ask the question why the leaders of all the main parties in Scotland weren't there?

For all the "nasty nats" narrative being purveyed, perhaps the electorate in Scotland are still voting for them in huge numbers because they actually think they are decent folk?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/06/global-far-right-rises-snp-offering-inclusive-nationalism

In a time where identity seems to be so important, and differences are seen as bad and polluting rather than vibrant and enriching, it's hopeful to see a politician do something like this.  We are all humans, and humanity is something to strive for.

Scots continue to vote for them in large numbers because those in favour of independence, for the most part won't vote for any other party. Nothing to do with decency.

I don't believe that the SNP are more progressive than any other Scottish party anyway. 

Neither do I recognise your view of differences being seen as a negative. It's not my experience day to day.

All I see is yet another phoney politician. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

Scots continue to vote for them in large numbers because those in favour of independence, for the most part won't vote for any other party. Nothing to do with decency.

I don't believe that the SNP are more progressive than any other Scottish party anyway. 

Neither do I recognise your view of differences being seen as a negative. It's not my experience day to day.

All I see is yet another phoney politician. Sorry.

Really?  Trump?  Tommy Cockles, or whatever his name is.  Farage and Brexit and insularity?

I agree it doesn't seem to be my day to day experience either, but then we're not living in Luton (Tommy's stompiing ground) so don't really know, as we are told ad nauseum.

Cynicsm in respect of politicians motives is not unexpected, and more often than not I'd think that way too.  Personally, I reckon she is supportive, and was able to get a great photo op out of it too.  Win win for her.

Beats straddling a tank, imo! :wink:

Just now, Boris said:

Really?  Trump?  Tommy Cockles, or whatever his name is.  Farage and Brexit and insularity?

I agree it doesn't seem to be my day to day experience either, but then we're not living in Luton (Tommy's stompiing ground) so don't really know, as we are told ad nauseum.

Cynicsm in respect of politicians motives is not unexpected, and more often than not I'd think that way too.  Personally, I reckon she is supportive, and was able to get a great photo op out of it too.  Win win for her.

Beats straddling a tank, imo! :wink:

Of course she'll be supportive. Who isn't? Apart from some religious groups I suppose. But that's obviously very tricky ground for any politician to comment on. There's that hypocrisy again.

9 minutes ago, pablo said:

Of course she'll be supportive. Who isn't? Apart from some religious groups I suppose. But that's obviously very tricky ground for any politician to comment on. There's that hypocrisy again.

So you agree she is supportive, yet critical that she attends?

Or, cynical that her attendance is politically motivated rather than out of her general supportivness?

jambo lodge
7 hours ago, Boris said:

Or, cynical that her attendance is politically motivated rather than out of her general supportivness?

Her attendance was widely reported as her response to Donald Trump's visit...…...how childish, gesture politics at best.

3 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Her attendance was widely reported as her response to Donald Trump's visit...…...how childish, gesture politics at best.

Sometimes in politics you have to make gestures. Especially when arse holes like Trump are concerned. 

But be honest, doesn't matter what she does, you will criticise. I'll hold my hand up and admit I'm probably like that with the Tories! 

Toxteth O'Grady
9 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Taxation power votes

All SNP yes. 

All tories  No ( including Ruth and Mundell) 

Labour sat on their arse. 

FB_IMG_1531818700100.jpg

And that is why Labour keep losing General Elections - It is pointless voting for an opposition party that doesn't oppose the Government

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

:cornette_dog:

jambo lodge
7 hours ago, Boris said:

I would have respected her more if she had requested a meeting with him and told him areas of policy/personal life where the people of Scotland hold different views than Trump does. 

jambo lodge

So what has happened to the SNP in Edinburgh, Tories now the largest party as a 3rd Councillor resigns from the SNP?

10 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

I would have respected her more if she had requested a meeting with him and told him areas of policy/personal life where the people of Scotland hold different views than Trump does. 

So instead of going to that march, she should have met Trump. Ok then.

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

He wouldn't have agreed to that meeting in a million years.

jambo lodge
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He wouldn't have agreed to that meeting in a million years.

Perhaps not but it would have been mature thinking to request it and take the moral high ground if it was refused.

On 18/07/2018 at 12:04, jambo lodge said:

Perhaps not but it would have been mature thinking to request it and take the moral high ground if it was refused.

She said she'd be available if required.

On 7/18/2018 at 12:04, jambo lodge said:

There's probably folk who will fall asleep in the gutter in their own piss tonight with a half eaten kebab on their face that could still easily take the moral high ground with Trump. 

Ministry MK2
On 17/07/2018 at 10:27, Boris said:

I doubt wee Nikki is bandwagonning on an issue. 

On a seperate note, how are that Syrian refugee family she invited into her home getting on?