Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Thunderstruck
11 minutes ago, Boris said:

So not a fan of devolution then?

Fair play to you.

The right kind of devolution, as I said a few days ago. Local democracy dealing with local issues - something that seems anathema to the SNP in contrast with the Tories. 

The question is whether devolved Government on a Scotland-wide scale is best for all of Scotland. Is domination by Greater Glasgow any more appealing than domination by London and the SE. 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

The right kind of devolution, as I said a few days ago. Local democracy dealing with local issues - something that seems anathema to the SNP in contrast with the Tories. 

The question is whether devolved Government on a Scotland-wide scale is best for all of Scotland. Is domination by Greater Glasgow any more appealing than domination by London and the SE. 

I'm not sure that the various Executives/governments that have held office at Holyrood have been dominated by Greater Glasgow.

Certainly not to the extent that Scotland was in the pre devolution days by Westminster.

Local Government still exists, and does what it does, but has always been, pre and post devolution, limited by Central Government.

I get you don't like the SNP, that's cool.  

jambo lodge
20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So make one showing the tory achievents.

I will start it for you...

10 years of tory austerity showing no let up anytime soon 

Brexit shambles

Rich getting richer

National debt at £1.7Tn & rising

Billions of tax avoided & held off-shore

dramatic rise in food-bank usage

DWP effectively killing off the vulnerable with their draconian sanctions

Getting into bed with the DUP

Universal Credit

Duck Ponds.

Being held to ransom by the Chinese over new nuclear power station contracts

Cash for access to the PM

Boris!

Jeremy Hunt!

Feel free to continue...

As I said "anyone" including you, can make a list. 

Thunderstruck
26 minutes ago, Boris said:

I'm not sure that the various Executives/governments that have held office at Holyrood have been dominated by Greater Glasgow.

Certainly not to the extent that Scotland was in the pre devolution days by Westminster.

Local Government still exists, and does what it does, but has always been, pre and post devolution, limited by Central Government.

I get you don't like the SNP, that's cool.  

I suggest that those living outwith the Central Belt will disagree on its domination. It is where most of the population lives and where most of the MSPs are returned. 

A trawl through lists of legislation before and after devolution will show a comparison between Scottish Legislation and Legislation for Scotland. You might see an interesting comparison in terms of volume and import. The notion that Scotland was largely ignored by Westminster is something of a myth. 

Local Government in Scotland is in dire straits and this is entirely down to the SNP and started in advance of Cameron coming to power. The funding allocated to Local Government has declined by considerably more than any change in Barnett could justify. It is the Peter being robbed to pay Paul. 

Quite apart from funding, the centralist SNP Government is taking more powers to Holyrood. How ironic. 

You are quite right, I have no time for the SNP. They do have some capable politicians but, as a group, good governance is subservient to independence at any and all costs.

In the last 11 years I have had an array of SNP councillors, MSPs and MPs. The first thing they do after election is go into hiding. They take little or no interest in ward or constituency matters and are the diametric opposite of predecessors such as Jenkins, Dewar and even Gorgeous George. If something needs done locally or even to be afforded the courtesy of an acknowledgement to correspondence, the only route to take is the young lad who is the Tory Councillor. From what I hear, that is far from being an uncommon situation. 

40 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

As I said "anyone" including you, can make a list. 

OK so 'anyone' also includes you by default doesn't it?

Crack-on.

3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I suggest that those living outwith the Central Belt will disagree on its domination. It is where most of the population lives and where most of the MSPs are returned. 

A trawl through lists of legislation before and after devolution will show a comparison between Scottish Legislation and Legislation for Scotland. You might see an interesting comparison in terms of volume and import. The notion that Scotland was largely ignored by Westminster is something of a myth. 

Local Government in Scotland is in dire straits and this is entirely down to the SNP and started in advance of Cameron coming to power. The funding allocated to Local Government has declined by considerably more than any change in Barnett could justify. It is the Peter being robbed to pay Paul. 

Quite apart from funding, the centralist SNP Government is taking more powers to Holyrood. How ironic. 

You are quite right, I have no time for the SNP. They do have some capable politicians but, as a group, good governance is subservient to independence at any and all costs.

In the last 11 years I have had an array of SNP councillors, MSPs and MPs. The first thing they do after election is go into hiding. They take little or no interest in ward or constituency matters and are the diametric opposite of predecessors such as Jenkins, Dewar and even Gorgeous George. If something needs done locally or even to be afforded the courtesy of an acknowledgement to correspondence, the only route to take is the young lad who is the Tory Councillor. From what I hear, that is far from being an uncommon situation. 

That's interesting, as in my experience, SNP representatives have been very quick to assist/advise/help when I have had issues with the local authorities in Edinburgh and, now, in Fife.  And, genuinely, never heard a peep from the Tory (Craiglockhart ward).  Labour and Green were also helpful.  So I guess, we are influenced by our real  life experiences.

In relation to the first part of your response, it's not really that Scotland was ignored, in the sense of no legislation, rather the ignorance was on what the people wanted!  Poll tax being a prime example of that!

Seymour M Hersh
On 27/06/2018 at 09:02, XB52 said:

Oh dear, even for you that is so much garbage. You do know that Keith Brown is now deputy leader don't you??  Sacked??????  And surely it is better to have everyone on board with the changes in education which is now the case

Brown has lost his bis salary and is now some sort of campaign manager with one task and as we all know that'll be indyref2! Of course he'll only be deputy in this to Mr Murrell the shadowy figure behind SNP policy. As for the (judge me on my record on education) U turn it is just that a shambolic cave in to the threats from COSLA and the EiS!! Swinney even tried to bury it in the cabinet reshuffle news! Oh and how's that gone for nippy having to fire one before she's formally appointed! Wheels are coming off at an increasing rate of knots now.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Wheels are coming off at an increasing rate of knots now.

To apply your metaphor to Westminster, they've been using a sedan chair since May became leader!

13 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Passenger flights to end at Prestwick. That was a good investment Nicola?

For a £1?  Yes.

SG loaned the company £40m, of which it would recoup should the enterprise close and land sold off.

But yeah, it'sthe SNP's fault.  Had they not intervened, safe to say you would be critical of that decision too?

Chancer! :wink:

23 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

State intervention in a private company?Whichever way you look at it , not a good investment.

So had the govt let it fail you would have been congratulatory to them?

Thunderstruck
23 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

State intervention in a private company?Whichever way you look at it , not a good investment.

It was a political decision and not one based in sound financial judgement. Prestwick was and is still used by Air Freight companies and provides a good base for training and other flying activities. 

Its original attraction was its very low number of days lost to fog or poor visibility. That is no longer an issue with modern aircraft which can land in almost zero visibility. 

For passengers, it is just too far away from the main centres of population to be viable. It stopped being viable for passenger traffic when the transatlantic flights moved to Paisley International. 

jambo lodge
1 hour ago, Boris said:

So had the govt let it fail you would have been congratulatory to them?

Happens to many companies, what makes Prestwick Airport any different.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Boris said:

To apply your metaphor to Westminster, they've been using a sedan chair since May became leader!

You should put that in the proper thread comrade B!! 

55 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You should put that in the proper thread comrade B!! 

Hahaha. I'm a luddite me. 

Och, well... 

:thumb:

jambos are go!

Saying on the Sky Press Review that the SNP forced a series of votes in the Commons last night to stop English MPs watching the game against Columbia. Shameful.

5 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Saying on the Sky Press Review that the SNP forced a series of votes in the Commons last night to stop English MPs watching the game against Columbia. Shameful.

Is that it, you class making mps do their job as shameful. You seriously think politicians watch fitbaw. The only mps raging about missing the England game were the Scottish Tories. 

Edited by ri Alban

5 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

I had a look and don't seem to find any comments from you being outraged or shouting shame on the subject of undermining devolution or Scottish Tory dirty money, or leave overspend etc... But hey let's bash the SNP about trying to take advantage of BritlandUK playing at the WC. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

The timetable was set the the government, not the SNP. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

You can just imagine the glee the SNP must get from this tactic of using parliamentary process to oppose the Government. Fair enough I suppose and while their supporters will love it, everyone else will cringe at the pettiness.

But, what's equally true to type of the nat in action, is the story of SNP central through Hyslop, having a twitter spat with the leader of Edinburgh council over the proposed council tax. They ****ing love a bit of party central control.

jambo lodge
47 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Correct but unnecessary votes were called by the pathetic little bunch of SNP MPs who also emploed delaying tactics in the voting lobby. Childish in the extreme.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jambo lodge said:

Correct but unnecessary votes were called by the pathetic little bunch of SNP MPs who also emploed delaying tactics in the voting lobby. Childish in the extreme.

Aye, watching a football game is more important than actually doing your job. 

There have been some serious delaying actiond by tories on things like the NHS etc. Have a Google. 

The up skirting one is a belter, delaying of a different nature ofc. 

Moaning about SNP working ( the cheek to actually work during work time) , on a timetable set by the UK government is a cracker. Really is. 

Off all the things to get upset about , NHS and education buckling, war in Syria, trident on our door step, 3rd Heathrow runway costing half of our whole budget, dark money, Esther lieing, Brexit shambles, the loss of develotion powers, major companies threatening to quit the uk, DUP bribes, NHS privatisation, threat to pensions ..

As the SNP wins your and mines sovereignty, You get upset by some English MPs missing a football game. 

I really don't have words. 

It's a tough world. 

Hopefully you and your family are not affected too much by this outrage and miss justice. 

Thankfully,   if you need treatment to recover our NHS is the best in the UK and any follow up meds you require will also be provided, free of charge. 

I wish you well on your recovery. 

8 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

:rofl:

Country is being run by the most inept,  elitist,  undemocratic,  uncaring,  narcissistic dictators ever to be called a government,    yet this is what is shameful?      Economy and jobs being driven over the Brexit cliff while the millionaire Foreign Secretary blurts out "**** business",   but the loss of the football is shameful.

No wonder the political vandals can get away whatever they want.

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Country is being run by the most inept,  elitist,  undemocratic,  uncaring,  narcissistic dictators ever to be called a government,    yet this is what is shameful?      Economy and jobs being driven over the Brexit cliff while the millionaire Foreign Secretary blurts out "**** business",   but the loss of the football is shameful.

It’s like a wind up what snivelling unionists complain about with the SNP and are just completely oblivious to this WM governments carry on. 

The SNP stopped them watching a game of football ffs :lol: 

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s like a wind up what snivelling unionists complain about with the SNP and are just completely oblivious to this WM governments carry on. 

The SNP stopped them watching a game of football ffs :lol: 

As I said, their supporters will love it. It's a nice wee get it round you. Everyone else, if they notice will just roll their eyes and think how predictable.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The UK government has become a parody of itself. 

The old comedies, I forget the programmes actually show them in a better light. 

I've mentioned various things over a couple of threads, but I also forgot to mention they have tripled the national debt since 2011.

Think about that, 7 years of austerity.... Yet tripled the national debt. 

How the donald dck is that possible?

Evenin the past, I'd grudgingly give praise for a stable economy, but my god they have trebled the national debt and are steaming ahead with brexit which will not only shrink the economy further but actually cost money. 

I am beginning to think, they are what you describe but in all honesty I think they lack intelligence, common sense and are lazy. 

May, Davis, Johnson, Mundell do not come across as intelligent people compared to the likes of Sturgeon, Black, Corbyn even Davidson and Dugdale. 

They can speak publicly, but seem to lack basic sense. 

Boris is a ****ing idiot, Davis looks likes he's lost, Reese Morg thinks he's in a Charles dickens novel, Maybot is a well earned name and Mundell looks like he should be selling burgers from a van in a car park. 

That Labour leader and the lib dem guy (cba checking their names) also come across as fairly thick and lacking common sense. 

It's very worrying, at even guys like Cameron, Clegg and Osborne had a bit intelligence, even although as you say their moral compass is a bit wonky. 

It could be worse... We could have Trump running the show. 

Thunderstruck
9 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Correct, it was infantile. They are completely lacking in class and I doubt that they gave a moment’s thought for the staff that work in Westminster. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, pablo said:

As I said, their supporters will love it. It's a nice wee get it round you. Everyone else, if they notice will just roll their eyes and think how predictable.

Aye. 

80k salary plus £300 a day expenses . 

What a shame, having to work to a timetable you prepared. Poor English MPS missed the football. 

Scandalous SNP, working during work time! 

The horror. 

Basically adds weight to my intelligence comments above, if you prepare the timetable and want to watch the football, don't schedule work at that time or get folk in that don't want to watch the football. 

Can't even manage that, but they run the ****ing country.

No wonder brexit is a shambles, can't even organise themselves. 

Howling. 

Thunderstruck
6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

The UK government has become a parody of itself. 

The old comedies, I forget the programmes actually show them in a better light. 

I've mentioned various things over a couple of threads, but I also forgot to mention they have tripled the national debt since 2011.

Think about that, 7 years of austerity.... Yet tripled the national debt. 

How the donald dck is that possible?

Evenin the past, I'd grudgingly give praise for a stable economy, but my god they have trebled the national debt and are steaming ahead with brexit which will not only shrink the economy further but actually cost money. 

I am beginning to think, they are what you describe but in all honesty I think they lack intelligence, common sense and are lazy. 

May, Davis, Johnson, Mundell do not come across as intelligent people compared to the likes of Sturgeon, Black, Corbyn even Davidson and Dugdale. 

They can speak publicly, but seem to lack basic sense. 

Boris is a ****ing idiot, Davis looks likes he's lost, Reese Morg thinks he's in a Charles dickens novel, Maybot is a well earned name and Mundell looks like he should be selling burgers from a van in a car park. 

That Labour leader and the lib dem guy (cba checking their names) also come across as fairly thick and lacking common sense. 

It's very worrying, at even guys like Cameron, Clegg and Osborne had a bit intelligence, even although as you say their moral compass is a bit wonky. 

It could be worse... We could have Trump running the show. 

The highlighted section - are you able to tell us why, in the words of the First Minister, we are in the 11th year of austerity in Scotland?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Thunderstruck said:

Correct, it was infantile. They are completely lacking in class and I doubt that they gave a moment’s thought for the staff that work in Westminster. 

Do you feel the same for all the workers at this time in retail, catering, emergency services etc that have to work and wanted to watch the football or are you just upset that £80k plus £300 a day expenses, English MPs had to work, during work hours that they themselves scheduled? 

Thoughts for the staff... Now the tories are the party for the people, caring about "staff" 

The government that wants to de regulate the Labour Market after brexit? 

Ffs. 

I dunno if you are being serious or on the wind up, as your posts are now actually getting that ridiculous they are making me laugh. 

4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aye. 

80k salary plus £300 a day expenses . 

What a shame, having to work to a timetable you prepared. Poor English MPS missed the football. 

Scandalous SNP, working during work time! 

The horror. 

Basically adds weight to my intelligence comments above, if you prepare the timetable and want to watch the football, don't schedule work at that time or get folk in that don't want to watch the football. 

Can't even manage that, but they run the ****ing country.

No wonder brexit is a shambles, can't even organise themselves. 

Howling. 

It was s stunt, part of their new tactic of taking procedural opportunities to make mischief at Westminster. Not shock, horror more just a bit silly.

But fair play to them, they didn't invent political stunts, and punters like you will lap it up. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

The highlighted section - are you able to tell us why, in the words of the First Minister, we are in the 11th year of austerity in Scotland?

Is it 11, never checked?

11 it is then. I stand corrected. 

Out of my post you pick up on that. I'll go 11 then, time flies. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, pablo said:

It was s stunt, part of their new tactic of taking procedural opportunities to make mischief at Westminster. Not shock, horror more just a bit silly.

But fair play to them, they didn't invent political stunts, and punters like you will lap it up. 

Not lapping it up. 

It's a non event, highly paid MPs working during work time is as much a news story as water is wet. 

Just Suprised folk get so upset about said MPs working, yet don't blink an eye to the things I mentioned above. 

Fair enough. 

Thunderstruck
2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Is it 11, never checked?

11 it is then. I stand corrected. 

Out of my post you pick up on that. I'll go 11 then, time flies. 

Next question - how long have the Tories been in power?

jambo lodge
7 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Not lapping it up. 

It's a non event, highly paid MPs working during work time is as much a news story as water is wet. 

Just Suprised folk get so upset about said MPs working, yet don't blink an eye to the things I mentioned above. 

Fair enough. 

In the same category as antics over the so called power grab when actually all that's happening is Scotland gets lots more power. Carry on though with the anti English Tory rhetoric the SNP supporters love it.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Next question - how long have the Tories been in power?

Whats your point? 

Are you saying that the tories aren't pursuing a austerity policy, despite publicly stating they are. 

The SNP was also a minority government pre 2011. 

I cannot get the block grant values, pocket money given to Scotland by Westminster to check if that has gone up or down over the last ten years.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

In the same category as antics over the so called power grab when actually all that's happening is Scotland gets lots more power. Carry on though with the anti English Tory rhetoric the SNP supporters love it.

I'm not anti english in any way, so you can stop that pish, just like I am not anti German, French, Nigerian or anything else. 

I just don't want to be governed by them or any other country. 

Pro Scottish is not anti English, or anti any other country. 

I am a lefty and and generally against the Torys( although not all policies) and far right. 

The SNP policy on inclusion, immigration and EU membership would back that up. 

Don't hint that I'm ant8 English it's pish banter. I have English h family and friends. 

Highly paid MPs worked during work hours that they agreed to. 

Big ****ing deal. 

27 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Labour attempted to fix this and were on course to do so, then the tories gained power(if Brown wasn't Scots Labour would have formed the government) in 2010 and slowly but surely went to town, until they got rid of the LDs and then the gloves came off. 

Thunderstruck
14 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Whats your point? 

Are you saying that the tories aren't pursuing a austerity policy, despite publicly stating they are. 

The SNP was also a minority government pre 2011. 

I cannot get the block grant values, pocket money given to Scotland by Westminster to check if that has gone up or down over the last ten years.

It should be obvious. 

You were quite clearly blaming the Tories for austerity and implying that it began with the Tories taking power in 2010 yet Scotland has endured austerity for 11 years.

That leaves 3 years worth of austerity in Scotland to be accounted for. Going to blame Labour for that?

It should be obvious. 

You were quite clearly blaming the Tories for austerity and implying that it began with the Tories taking power in 2010 yet Scotland has endured austerity for 11 years.

That leaves 3 years worth of austerity in Scotland to be accounted for. Going to blame Labour for that?

Tory by choice, Labour had to stop the 4 nations from sinking. Your mob are disgusting people with nothing but evil intentions. 

I'm still waiting on you to answer my questions, but you could answer his about the debt or are you too busy astroturfing the Internet on Tory gold. 

1 minute ago, jambos are go! said:

Only a fool would dismiss Anglophobia as a possible cause.

Gies peace, do these same Anglo and saxon immigrants hate all European people. 

Edited by ri Alban

jack D and coke
56 minutes ago, pablo said:

It could well have been a GIRUY and I suppose some will lap it up, not me personally but defo some will. A big game like that I’d have let them get away to watch it if it had been possible however let’s not kid ourselves here I suspect it would’ve been exactly the same had roles been reversed. 

We can dream that maybe one day that might happen eh :lol: 

It's like the police turning up at your house that's been burgled and them choring everything that's left.     It's all fair and above board but 'cos the house had already been tanned.     

Bazzas right boot

It should be obvious. 

Yes. 

But I'm struggling to get a correct number of years. The SNP themselves say ten years but that's projecting to 2020.

Can't get historical block grant values, although it's been reduced every year for none years either in monetary terms or real terms. 

I'm not to concerned about the semantics off 2007-2010, seems like splitting hairs and arguing for arguing sakes. 

What I would say, since Labour got put out and the tories started/ continued austerity the national debt has trebled even after increasing Vat. 

That was one of my points. 

The other was, the SNP have tried to offset this. 

Free prescriptions 

Bed room tax

Free tuition 

No to trident

No to war in syria

No to brexit ( economically not looking good) 

Council tax freeze until this year. 

Increase tax on highest earners 

Built more social housing than England

Public sector pay cap lifted

Completed infrustucture that has benefited Scotlands economy. 

All more relevant, imo on who or what started austerity 7-10 years ago. 

The tories tag line has been "all in this together" or some pish, so I cannot fathom how anyone can argue they haven't championed austerity. 

Nice Brexit Bill to follow. 

Our credit status has also been down graded on their watch. 

Fabby stuff from them. 

Thunderstruck
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Tory by choice, Labour had to stop the 4 nations from sinking. Your mob are disgusting people with nothing but evil intentions. 

I'm still waiting on you to answer my questions, but you could answer his about the debt or are you too busy astroturfing the Internet on Tory gold. 

In other words, you can’t or won’t answer. 

Noted.