Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Because if we hadn't the council were going to build a new nursery.. we had a window of opportunity to get it built or not build it at all. 

Regardless.  On the park the benefits will be enormous in the coming years

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Because the council were going to rebuild the nursery, which would have closed the window on permission for any redevelopment of our stand - they weren't going to allow their newly built nursery to be knocked down. 

We got away with it by jumping in quickly and including the nursery in our plans

Ok so the council basically forced us into debt, delaying the fans from buying the club by forcing funds to be diverted from the initial end game

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Independence
1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

Ok so the council basically forced us into debt, delaying the fans from buying the club by forcing funds to be diverted from the initial end game

Jeez Kb just gets worse and worse!!!!

5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Gave us the window, opportunity and clear path with support to build a fabulous new stand giving us additional  income of around £3 million per year. 

Do you remember all the hassle 10/12 years ago about the nursery?

Did you notice how helpful the Council were getting all the plans approved?

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Independence said:

Jeez Kb just gets worse and worse!!!!

Sorry I missed out the question mark at the end of the sentence. My bad

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

You seem to be seeking a negative.

No one forced us to do anything, the council changed their plans to allow our development to go ahead.

Seymour M Hersh
39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You seem to be seeking a negative.

No one forced us to do anything, the council changed their plans to allow our development to go ahead.

He probably has a point about the council forcing the decision. This got them a new nursery built for free. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He probably has a point about the council forcing the decision. This got them a new nursery built for free. 

I think they were pretty accommodating myself, I'm pretty sure hearts have noted their appreciation too

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Smithee said:

I think they were pretty accommodating myself, I'm pretty sure hearts have noted their appreciation too

Well you can say that I suppose but as I have a very poor starting point view of the council I'll see it as using the situation as leverage against us more than being accommodating towards us.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well you can say that I suppose but as I have a very poor starting point view of the council I'll see it as using the situation as leverage against us more than being accommodating towards us.

If you have good reason to think that other than just a distaste for the council I'm all ears.

53 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It was a mutually beneficial development and, as such, meant that getting planning permission was much more likely. In business, that's exactly how it should work. For us, it meant we finished the main stadium infrastructure and, in building and hosting the Nursery within the development, gave back to the community, something the club places as a high priority.

Prudent, ethical & charitable behaviour by the club which continues to be run and held to a far higher standard than the previous regimes - not sure there is really an opening for criticism tbh. 

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Tell u what if I was a codheid at the moment I would be a lot more worried that given the fan base and support that they get and given the relative success that they have had what would an investor/investors actually be looking for in return to sink in excess of 50 million quid injection into that club 

before blowing trumpet about it all 

Thats after they get through their legal battle against NKS. Meantime they have to maintain Pittodrie.

11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It was a mutually beneficial development and, as such, meant that getting planning permission was much more likely. In business, that's exactly how it should work. For us, it meant we finished the main stadium infrastructure and, in building and hosting the Nursery within the development, gave back to the community, something the club places as a high priority.

Prudent, ethical & charitable behaviour by the club which continues to be run and held to a far higher standard than the previous regimes - not sure there is really an opening for criticism tbh. 

Thats my take on it. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Yes it has worked out well (I guess) for both parties but I wonder what prompted the council to suddenly decide to build a new nursery? 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yes it has worked out well (I guess) for both parties but I wonder what prompted the council to suddenly decide to build a new nursery? 

I imagine the old wooden ex bowling club building wasn’t fit for purpose, to coin a phrase. ?

5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Probably because the club was being run in a sensible manor,we can work with them for a solution that suits all.

kirkierobroy

So, given that almost no Scottish club has gained supporters by moving to some lonely motorway junction, that Aberdeen are struggling to pull in more than 13,000 as it is, that they keep falling over tamely to their rivals and that their future improvement looks unlikely, will Wiggy decide that they can make-over the Tawdry Pit after all, or will the new all-dancing stadium be downgraded to a MacDiarmid Park with red seats?

11 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

So, given that almost no Scottish club has gained supporters by moving to some lonely motorway junction, that Aberdeen are struggling to pull in more than 13,000 as it is, that they keep falling over tamely to their rivals and that their future improvement looks unlikely, will Wiggy decide that they can make-over the Tawdry Pit after all, or will the new all-dancing stadium be downgraded to a MacDiarmid Park with red seats?

Honestly, I think that’s what they should be doing. Either that of just replacing one stand at a time when they can afford it, like Hibs and ourselves have done over twenty odd years. This plan is utterly mental and the figures quotes are insane for a club like Aberdeen in Scottish Football. 

scott herbertson
18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine the old wooden ex bowling club building wasn’t fit for purpose, to coin a phrase. ?

Ha ha but you are quite right. Having worked for council children's services down south there is huge pressure for more nursery places and also regulatory changes which make a lot of older nurseries obsolete eg you need outside play areas (safe, with access to toilets) and and areas for buggies to be stored (massive change as people expect to leave them all day with Jnr)

I'd guess our development was very welcome for the council and helpful to the overall plans acceptance

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Shrouded in fog this morning. Appropriate I thought. 

Mood grim in the office today

:jjyay:

On 16/04/2018 at 10:21, Sir Gio said:

Shrouded in fog this morning. Appropriate I thought. 

Mood grim in the office today

:jjyay:

It was bad with fog last night , nipped in from Portie to get a friend from the station wi the mrs. Was going to take the charleston flyover and go down that way. Decided not too and then as we were level with the sliproad we see a van driving south down the north slip road. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sadj said:

It was bad with fog last night , nipped in from Portie to get a friend from the station wi the mrs. Was going to take the charleston flyover and go down that way. Decided not too and then as we were level with the sliproad we see a van driving south down the north slip road. 

Ooft! You could see in the afternoon how it was going to turn out. A bit of sun in the NE this early, evenings always turn out pea soup. Bright enough now though, couldn't see 100 yards at 10 am

On 16/04/2018 at 12:50, Sir Gio said:

Ooft! You could see in the afternoon how it was going to turn out. A bit of sun in the NE this early, evenings always turn out pea soup. Bright enough now though, couldn't see 100 yards at 10 am

Yeah we went out with the dog and the playing field at the high school was gone that was about 6ish. Aye always the same isn’t it , its to be decent this week so plenty more to come i think. 

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:07, 7628mm said:

I must have missed something here but why did we have to build the new stand when we did?

I have no recollection of this being anywhere near an immediate priority when we came back out of administration. My understanding was that we would be run in a fiscally prudent manner and not load our club up with debt. The way I see it is the FOH have diverted money into the stand project that was meant to be used to buy the club from AB.

Were you in a coma for 6 months?  :thumbsup:

If this goes ahead the way it’s being reported, I genuinely think they are staring glibly down the barrel of administration in a few years. The whole idea is a terrifyingly expensive project for a club with Aberdeen’s resources.

Edited by Bez

26 minutes ago, Bez said:

If this goes ahead the way it’s being reported, I genuinely think they are staring glibly down the barrel of administration in a few years. The whole idea is a terrifyingly expensive project for a club with Aberdeen’s resources.

They seem to be trying to streghthen their day to day resources. Launching FoH type scheme recently

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/03/29/aberdna-faqs-terms-conditions/

While they say it's not to pay for the stadium it's all part of the same pot in the end. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

They seem to be trying to streghthen their day to day resources. Launching FoH type scheme recently

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/03/29/aberdna-faqs-terms-conditions/

While they say it's not to pay for the stadium it's all part of the same pot in the end. 

That’s a good thing. THAT I can see the merit in. The costs behind the stadium plan are utter madness however.

1 minute ago, JCR said:

Do they have a choice now?  Pittodrie has subsidence (is sinking), so they say.

Pretty sure that’s been been debunked as pish previously. Could be wrong.

20 minutes ago, JCR said:

Do they have a choice now?  Pittodrie has subsidence (is sinking), so they say.

If that was the case Milne would have pulled the plug. The whole deal revolves round him building luxury houses at Pittodrie.

38 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If that was the case Milne would have pulled the plug. The whole deal revolves round him building luxury houses at Pittodrie.

Exactly. I’m not presuming to tell you about building projects Thomaso. I would not dare. I’m not buying the Pitodrie subsidence shite for a second though.

what on earth would the buyers of Pittodrie do about their new land subsiding??? ?

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Bez said:

Exactly. I’m not presuming to tell you about building projects Thomaso. I would not dare. I’m not buying the Pitodrie subsidence shite for a second though.

what on earth would the buyers of Pittodrie do about their new land subsiding??? ?

image.png

...a bit disco

Nae luck Aberdeen. They'll have to cough up the £50 mil now.

:sob:

TheAntiHibee
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Better set the £50 mil tag on Shinnie then.

:clyay:

...a bit disco
Just now, TheAntiHibee said:

Better set the £50 mil tag on Shinnie then.

That's a non-starter. He doesn't play for Rangers.

:look:

13 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Nope they just need to copy Dave kings payment avoidance technique

Aberdeenshire Council still need to give planning permission for amongst other things the pedestrian bridge to get to the ground. 

Described as an effective veto by the chief planning officer at the hearing. 

Unless its being done by brown envelopes it will need the help of the Scottish Government. 

But probably just finance in the way now. 

His name is

Really don't think it's a good idea, too far away from the city.

Hopefully they will struggle for a while and allow us to capitalise 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeenshire Council still need to give planning permission for amongst other things the pedestrian bridge to get to the ground. 

Described as an effective veto by the chief planning officer at the hearing. 

Unless its being done by brown envelopes it will need the help of the Scottish Government. 

But probably just finance in the way now. 

This, with parking zones in Aberdeenshire a particular sticking point. Permission granted as long as...

As I understand it though they're free to get on with phase 1, the training facility, as that doesn't need the parking or bridge etc

Good luck to them though, they'll need it spending that much (if it does stay within budget!)

Im actually glad TBH. I have zero love for Aberdeen but the state of the majority of Scottish Football Stadia is a disgrace. 

Falkirk and Airdrie have a better ground than Aberdeen currently. The 2 in Dundee are dumps. Motherwell and Hamilton Are holes and so is Ross County.

Better gounds may encourage more supporters to attend and generate more sponsorship which can only be good for Scottish Football on the whole. 

I hope they get relegated though...

On 14/04/2018 at 17:12, David McCaig said:

Yes, it looks like Aberdeen are moving out of town just as the McInnes era starts to implode.

In my opinion, next season may well see the Dons slip down to 6th, in which crowds will soon dip back into 4 figures.

I'm sure Aberdeen will still be miles ahead of Hearts, as per usual.

On 14/04/2018 at 20:28, Nelly Terraces said:

Does he genuinely live down here mate?

Gobby opiniated codhead who thinks they're still 'a force' (& probably bigger than Hearts:laugh:), that Aberdeen is the dogs danglies - yet lives fecking nowhere near the gaff. Talk about a walking cliché!

Everyone on a football forum is opinionated.

And yes, originally from Aberdeen, moved to Glasgow for uni about 12 years ago and never left.

On 15/04/2018 at 13:37, sadj said:

Thats after they get through their legal battle against NKS. Meantime they have to maintain Pittodrie.

NKS aren't actually battling the club, it's the council.

Even so, best case scenario is they hold it up. Much like the AWPR - the objectors delayed it but ultimately it's now being built.

On 16/04/2018 at 09:05, Bez said:

Honestly, I think that’s what they should be doing. Either that of just replacing one stand at a time when they can afford it, like Hibs and ourselves have done over twenty odd years. This plan is utterly mental and the figures quotes are insane for a club like Aberdeen in Scottish Football. 

The price of rebuilding Pittodrie would be much, much more expensive and problematic than the Kingsford plans. No matter how you plan to do it, how long it takes to do it, or even what capacity you go for, Aberdeen would spend far more money rebuilding Pittodrie and likely earn less from the stadium.