Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

That £43m is a big ask - I’d guess the biggest investment raised in Scottish football ever if inflation is t taken into account (Celtic Park cost £40m), to put it into context.

Good luck to you with it.

my one piece of advice would be that whatever supporters organisations you have should get in early with some searching questions on finance and governance before the die is cast.

in fact we could lend you a couple of kickbackers who I absolutely guarantee would ask every possible question!

::troll::

Secondments

Would be good 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The stadium plans can still be given the heave ho from planners. 

I love the amount of financial whizz kids on this thread :thumbsup: The new stadium isn't a definite but a stronger Aberdeen is definitely a good thing for Scottish football. Its only been 6 years since the SPL was a shambles of a two horse race and I'm sure nobody wants to go back to another 30ish years of Old Firm dominance. If Aberdeen's powers that be think that a new stadium in the middle of nowhere is good for the long term future of the club, then so be it. The fans are right to question it but unfortunately they will have no real say in whether they go or not. 

Just now, The Brow said:

The stadium plans can still be given the heave ho from planners. 

I love the amount of financial whizz kids on this thread :thumbsup: The new stadium isn't a definite but a stronger Aberdeen is definitely a good thing for Scottish football. Its only been 6 years since the SPL was a shambles of a two horse race and I'm sure nobody wants to go back to another 30ish years of Old Firm dominance. If Aberdeen's powers that be think that a new stadium in the middle of nowhere is good for the long term future of the club, then so be it. The fans are right to question it but unfortunately they will have no real say in whether they go or not. 

Yes

Though last non Old Firm league Championship was Aberdeen in 1985

Seems like one / two horse in last 30 years 

2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I'm in agreement but I think the figures forecasted about the cost of a stadium plus training facilities are totally wishful thinking

Perhaps not. Stewart Milne will be able to source materials and labour cheaply and if his construction firm takes minimal or no profit then it could be realistic. 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

Though last non Old Firm league Championship was Aberdeen in 1985

Seems like one / two horse in last 30 years 

And since then i believe the only time a league containing one of the OF hasnt been won by the OF was our championship year. 

2 hours ago, Ryder said:

One stand at a time, as the funds are raised, at Pittodrie. That’s the way I’d feel most comfortable with all of this... if I was of the mutton interfering persuasion.

There's not enough room. Road directly behind their main stand and flats behind the other two smaller ones.

1 minute ago, Darren said:

There's not enough room. Road directly behind their main stand and flats behind the other two smaller ones.

They’ve got 20k on the existing footprint, surely they could build a new modern equivalent on it?

Just now, Ryder said:

They’ve got 20k on the existing footprint, surely they could build a new modern equivalent on it?

Three Livingston-style stands and the big thing up the end? It'd be gash.

Just now, Darren said:

Three Livingston-style stands and the big thing up the end? It'd be gash.

It would not leave them needing £30m from investors. 

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

The fact theyve let Pittodrie get in to disrepair is not really a positive against Milne etc wanting the land from flats. The excuse of the road at the back is rubbish you can move the stands and pitch slightly or turn the pitch and theres enough room. That would incur a sizeable cost however

9 minutes ago, Ryder said:

It wouldn't be cheap and there would be no real scope for hospitality. Kingsford is a terrible move but Pittodrie is f*cked. 

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

It wouldn't be cheap and there would be no real scope for hospitality. Kingsford is a terrible move but Pittodrie is f*cked. 

Nothing they decide to do will be cheap. They could do it in stages though, when they can afford it. Organise a fan fundraising project and do what other comparitvely sizes clubs did; Hibs and Hearts. 

24 minutes ago, sadj said:

The fact theyve let Pittodrie get in to disrepair is not really a positive against Milne etc wanting the land from flats. The excuse of the road at the back is rubbish you can move the stands and pitch slightly or turn the pitch and theres enough room. That would incur a sizeable cost however

I don’t like that man. Wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him.

8 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

And for the rest of the post, its not insurmountable that the directors (even beyond Milne and Cormack) could invest in the facility to take part ownership and leave the club with 0 debt.

Just speculation, nothing concrete and would ensure Milne is leaving a legacy as is rumoured.

6 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It was speculative hypothesis.

Another has indicated they expect to achieve £43M leaving only £7M as the debt.

Its important to understand the context of the discussion ;)

You really need to drop the arrogance because, quite frankly, you are nowhere near as clever as you think you are and your posting style is becoming increasingly tiresome. Your inability to grasp reality and instead indulge in fairytale, wishful thinking, is beyond parody. 

The Aberdeen fans I know are gutted about this move and see nothing but pitfalls and fanciful accounting. 

PS I think the word you were looking for was inconceivable...
inconceivable6.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Luckily we don’t have to. 

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

I detest the man he voted with Celtic to keep the 11-1 voting majority for some SPFL decision. How was that good for Scottish Football

8 hours ago, sadj said:

There is indeed very high wealth individuals. But most by nature wont hand those kind of sums over without an investment opportunity. As a fan thats exactly it the reassurance needs to be more than “dont worry folks weve got it in hand” 

The thing that everyone seems to be forgetting is the club aren't going to begin building the stadium until they have the funding in place. So why would we be worried? They don't raise the money, we are where are currently are (and if they can't raise the money for Kingsford there is even less chance they'd have the money to redevelop Pittodrie btw).

They are also setting up a seperate company go raise the funds, and are adamant the playing budget won't be touched. 

The training ground is phase one. They have 60% of the funding in place for that (no mean feat when they didn't even have planning consent at the time). Milne says they'll go ahead once they have 75% of the funding for that.

The stadium isn't even planned to start being built for a number of years.

It honestly wouldn't surprise if over the next two years the council suddenly offer to help with the costs of building in the city centre, should business start pressuring them to keep the club there. 

It should have been ten

Why is there a 27 page thread on the sheep's new pen :laugh: ..looks too Hoboesque :duck:

Edited by It should have been ten

5 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Why is there a 27 page thread on the sheep's new pen :laugh: ..looks too Hoboesque :duck:

:D

F1EFB546-973E-48E7-BF1B-95812BB80ABC.png

5 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

That's me telt :buttkick:

:lol:

Meh, I know what you mean. Just think it’s worth discussing as it is a direct competitor doing something very differently to how we have just done it. Those figures that are getting banded about too... :unsure:

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Ryder said:

Meh, I know what you mean. Just think it’s worth discussing as it is a direct competitor doing something very differently to how we have just done it. Those figures that are getting banded about too... :unsure:

To be fair I hadn't even had a neb on the thread, just noticed it was 27 pages long and thought "wtf" :lol:

Just had a wee browse though, wow....fairytale stuff 

4 hours ago, Ryder said:

Just think it’s worth discussing as it is a direct competitor doing something very differently to how we have just done it. 

This is a good point.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out for them, as a complete contrast to Hearts who chose to stay and rebuild. 

Re-build vs re-locate. City vs out-of-town. Historical home vs new stadium.

Maybe it'll work it will work out for both teams. But a direct competitor making such a bold move is certainly worth discussing. 

All I know is that right now, I'm absolutely delighted Hearts have stayed at Tynecastle, and everything that goes with that.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

This is a good point.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out for them, as a complete contrast to Hearts who chose to stay and rebuild. 

Maybe it'll work it will work out for both teams. But a direct competitor making such a bold move is certainly worth discussing. 

All I know is that right now, I'm absolutely delighted Hearts have stayed at Tynecastle, and everything that goes with that.

I agree. It will be interesting to compare as it is the opposite of our ultimate solution  choice. If it works out really well we can reconsider our approach in 20/30 years time. ?

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

This is a good point.

51F23B1B-37E4-460B-8CC0-E1BA5C963155.jpeg

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. It will be interesting to compare as it is the opposite of our ultimate solution  choice. If it works out really well we can reconsider our approach in 20/30 years time. ?

We can go back revisit the plans for a 100k stadium at sighthill if they are successful? 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

We can go back revisit the plans for a 100k stadium at sighthill if they are successful? 

Might need to move a bit further out by then. :pimp2:

On 30/01/2018 at 03:01, Gorillajam said:

They have a larger capacity, you can see from all angles of the stadium and they didn't screw up their main stand like we did.

Away you go and don't talk shite.

17 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

The thing that everyone seems to be forgetting is the club aren't going to begin building the stadium until they have the funding in place. So why would we be worried? They don't raise the money, we are where are currently are (and if they can't raise the money for Kingsford there is even less chance they'd have the money to redevelop Pittodrie btw).

They are also setting up a seperate company go raise the funds, and are adamant the playing budget won't be touched. 

The training ground is phase one. They have 60% of the funding in place for that (no mean feat when they didn't even have planning consent at the time). Milne says they'll go ahead once they have 75% of the funding for that.

It honestly wouldn't surprise if over the next two years the council suddenly offer to help with the costs of building in the city centre, should business start pressuring them to keep the club there. 

Open by 2020 it says here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42672368

Though I appreciate that may be optimistic 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28739853

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

You know you've just posted a link to Queen of the South against Partick Thistle?

Lol , the club have been quoted as saying they want it open for season 2020-2021 

On 1/16/2017 at 17:36, La_Leyenda said:

The thread is about Aberdeen.

1-0 La_Leyenda   ;)

Edited by dannymack

On 31/01/2018 at 01:15, La_Leyenda said:

Good post but I still see so many flaws in the plan. 

For example, obviously this is Aberdeen going all out to build the stadium and training facility of their dreams. We're talking about spending an extraordinary amount of money in Scottish football terms, 50 million, very likely more than that. That's huge, huge!

And you haven't got an inside pitch in the north east of scotland? How on earth is that not in the plans? All that money for a compromised end product?

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Good post but I still see so many flaws in the plan. 

For example, obviously this is Aberdeen going all out to build the stadium and training facility of their dreams. We're talking about spending an extraordinary amount of money in Scottish football terms, 50 million, very likely more than that. That's huge, huge!

And you haven't got an inside pitch in the north east of scotland? How on earth is that not in the plans? All that money for a compromised end product?

Can't post an image for some reason, but if this link works you'll see the original plans for Kingsford. It says "possible future covered pitch" on it right in front of the pavilion.

That has since been updated; stadium been moved slightly, car parking changed etc, but there is still space earmarked for an indoor facility.

I don't know why they aren't looking to build it straight away - my guess is because Milne has said they'll start building the training ground when they have 75% of the funding and an indoor facility would require them to have 100% of the funding. But the club do plan to have one.

14 hours ago, sadj said:

Lol , the club have been quoted as saying they want it open for season 2020-2021 

And hopefully they manage it. But I don't think they will, I think we're looking at 2021/22 at the earliest.

The delays in getting this application through will play a part in that. The decision was meant to be June last year, instead it was this week.

1 minute ago, La_Leyenda said:

Can't post an image for some reason, but if this link works you'll see the original plans for Kingsford. It says "possible future covered pitch" on it right in front of the pavilion.

That has since been updated; stadium been moved slightly, car parking changed etc, but there is still space earmarked for an indoor facility.

I don't know why they aren't looking to build it straight away - my guess is because Milne has said they'll start building the training ground when they have 75% of the funding and an indoor facility would require them to have 100% of the funding. But the club do plan to have one.

'Possible' and 'future'.

So not in the immediate plans then.

And not part of the £50m budget either.

6 minutes ago, Erik said:

'Possible' and 'future'.

So not in the immediate plans then.

And not part of the £50m budget either.

I've just said it likely is in the £50m budget! 

Not everything needs to be built straight away. In terms of importance a covered pitch can be built later.

15 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

And hopefully they manage it. But I don't think they will, I think we're looking at 2021/22 at the earliest.

The delays in getting this application through will play a part in that. The decision was meant to be June last year, instead it was this week.

If the objectors have the will and the means to take their challenge to the next level even that might be ambitious. 

46 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

I've also seen this confirmed on sheep forums, that an indoor pitch is not included in current plans or financial projections so I feel my point stands - a picture of where it could go in future doesn't cut it, there are no firm plans to build an indoor pitch on the site.

Surely the biggest development Scottish football's ever seen which has a football club spending waaay beyond it's normal means and hoping for tens of millions from a sugar daddy would cover all the basics in Aberdeen's dream facility, like an indoor pitch to train on in the north east winter. It just seems an utterly mental omission given the cost and scale of the build. 

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

I've also seen this confirmed on sheep forums, that an indoor pitch is not included in current plans or financial projections so I feel my point stands - a picture of where it could go in future doesn't cut it, there are no firm plans to build an indoor pitch on the site.

Surely the biggest development Scottish football's ever seen which has a football club spending waaay beyond it's normal means and hoping for tens of millions from a sugar daddy would cover all the basics in Aberdeen's dream facility, like an indoor pitch to train on in the north east winter. It just seems an utterly mental omission given the cost and scale of the build. 

I interviewed George Yule about it who was adamant they plan to build an indoor arena.

1 minute ago, La_Leyenda said:

I interviewed George Yule about it who was adamant they plan to build an indoor arena.

It's not in the planned and costed phases though and there's been no planning permission applied for, right? It's something that they hope to do further down the line, right?

53 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's not in the planned and costed phases though and there's been no planning permission applied for, right? It's something that they hope to do further down the line, right?

I haven't seen a breakdown of costs for either the training ground or stadium. Many would say £10m is quite high (Hibs was £6m wasn't it?).

For all I know, they may have said the training ground, when complete, will be £10m, but initially they only plan to spend £7.5m or so because they want to build the essentials first and then look to finish it when the stadium is completed. 

What I do know, at the risk of repeating myself, is they plan an indoor facility at some point, so seems pointless asking why they're not building one.

3 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

I haven't seen a breakdown of costs for either the training ground or stadium. Many would say £10m is quite high (Hibs was £6m wasn't it?).

For all I know, they may have said the training ground, when complete, will be £10m, but initially they only plan to spend £7.5m or so because they want to build the essentials first and then look to finish it when the stadium is completed. 

What I do know, at the risk of repeating myself, is they plan an indoor facility at some point, so seems pointless asking why they're not building one.

It's not in the plans or current budget - you've seen the phases too I assume and could prove this wrong if I'm missing something.

It's not in phase 1, the training facility, and it's not in phase 2, the stadium. No permission has been sought or granted and the budget doesn't include it - happy to be corrected on any of this. 

If they plan to build it, it seems a very strange choice to leave it out

• 2 weeks later...