Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

Stephen Muddie
2 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

I only post on the threads about Aberdeen. Sometimes your main stand thread.

I don't have the statistics to hand but could you, as a poster who only posts on Aberdeen related threads on Jambos Kickback, shed any light on the rough number of Aberdeen-related threads that have been started by Hearts supporters? 

I can think of this one and I hope there aren't any others.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Stephen Muddie said:

I don't have the statistics to hand but could you, as a poster who only posts on Aberdeen related threads on Jambos Kickback, shed any light on the rough number of Aberdeen-related threads that have been started by Hearts supporters? 

I can think of this one and I hope there aren't any others.

Well this is the only thread I currently post on (again, the main stand thread from time to time).

Sometimes the match thread when we're preparing for another 0-0 borefest.

I can't speak for ISTL. Apparently he would rather post on every thread than post on Aberdeen forums. You'll need to speak to him about that.

I post on AFC chat and Donstalk and there's Hearts and Hibs fans who post regularly on there. Don't see the problem with it personally, in the same way I have friends who are Hearts fans out in the real world. You'd be a wee bit insecure to only want to talk to fans who support the same club as you.

7 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Well this is the only thread I currently post on (again, the main stand thread from time to time).

Sometimes the match thread when we're preparing for another 0-0 borefest.

I can't speak for ISTL. Apparently he would rather post on every thread than post on Aberdeen forums. You'll need to speak to him about that.

I post on AFC chat and Donstalk and there's Hearts and Hibs fans who post regularly on there. Don't see the problem with it personally, in the same way I have friends who are Hearts fans out in the real world. You'd be a wee bit insecure to only want to talk to fans who support the same club as you.

Your stadium isn’t happening mate. With that in mind, What’s plan A? Must be starting to get difficult to block out that nagging realisation that this is all just a complete fantasy and at some point soon a realistic plan is going to need to be hatched. A plan that doesn’t involve a £50m investment from some generous and philanthropic Americans. :lol:

Stephen Muddie

I hope it goes ahead. Only so that I watch with glee as the bill spirals way over budget. 

They don't tell you on the BBC etc but this country is totally fubar. 

I'm sure glad my club is in the best financial health it's ever been given what's going to happen. 

Read a bit of the article from the meeting the other day. A bit that struck me as pure fantasy just like the transport and financing issues was the fact they’re basing the economic case on hosting 7 sell out additional events a year? Not a chance in hell thats going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Can they not groundshare with ICT?

A more realistic plan than this current fantasy. :lol:

Reckon it’ll be redeveloping Pittodrie over a period of time. Three new Richard Donalald stands (or whatever it’s called), only smaller is my guess. Big debt to service to do it too. Aberdeen don’t have a Foundation of Sheep as far as I’m aware?

4 minutes ago, GJamboR7 said:

Read a bit of the article from the meeting the other day. A bit that struck me as pure fantasy just like the transport and financing issues was the fact they’re basing the economic case on hosting 7 sell out additional events a year? Not a chance in hell thats going to happen. 

Thats actually part of the plan? They are building a brand new AECC off the bypass at Dyce. Added to the occasional scotland football or rugby game what events are likely to go there? Miniscule chance of a cup semi as even if it was a Dundee club and ICT it would be easier to travel to Perth or similar than Aberdeen. 

8 minutes ago, GJamboR7 said:

You got a link to this article? That's the first I've heard of relying on seven additional sell out events a year.

1 minute ago, La_Leyenda said:

You got a link to this article? That's the first I've heard of relying on seven additional sell out events a year.

Shouldn’t you be at a match at the moment? ?

Aberdeen are better on the pitch than Hearts just now. Aberdeens average attendance is improving. Aberdeen fans still seem obsessed with posting on a Hearts forum. And still self centred wank pieces which is pretty much what the rest of Scotland think of people from that cesspit.

We sat back and done nothing under Romanov? That's a cracker. 

Kept us at Tynecastle - opposite of Milne

Won us 2 Scottish cups - opposite of Milne

Got us into Champions League Qualifiers ....

You see where I'm going with this. What did you want us to do ****ing protest at how succesful we were being?

12 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

I'm in the south of Spain until Tuesday, so no.

An Aberdeen fan, sitting in Spain, on a Hearts forum. :rofl::rofl:

Making digs about a Hearts owner from yesteryear to justify insecurities about his own shitty chairman. :rofl::rofl:

You're worthy of a ****ing police investigation man.

19 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/live-kingsford-stadium-pre-determination-hearing5/

Taken from what what was posted on this thread the other day. 11:41 is when it’s mentioned 

9 minutes ago, GJamboR7 said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/live-kingsford-stadium-pre-determination-hearing5/

Taken from what what was posted on this thread the other day. 11:41 is when it’s mentioned 

"He added that the club’s economic impact assesses the benefits of the stadium based on the assumption that the stadium will be able to host seven additional events every year, including European matches, music concerts and other events."

So he doesn't say the club is relying on seven additional sell-out events a year. 

He's saying that's a benefit that it could host up to seven additional events on top of league and cup games.

So nothing to see here basically.

31 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Its from Wednesday live blog of planning meeting summary of submissions a few pages back 

3 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

"He added that the club’s economic impact assesses the benefits of the stadium based on the assumption that the stadium will be able to host seven additional events every year, including European matches, music concerts and other events."

So he doesn't say the club is relying on seven additional sell-out events a year. 

He's saying that's a benefit that it could host up to seven additional events on top of league and cup games.

I think your last sentence will likely sum up this proposed new stadium. 

37 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

He added that businesses in the city centre would lose up to £2 million a year if the Dons move to Kingsford.

He added that the club’s economic impact assesses the benefits of the stadium based on the assumption that the stadium will be able to host seven additional events every year, including European matches, music concerts and other events.

He said this is the most optimistic scenario and added that he would have expected the assessment to consider the possibility of fewer annual events taking place.

thats exactly what hes saying the clubs proposals are based on this kind of fanciful optimism

Edited by sadj

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

I think an an assumption in an economic model that it is ‘able’ to suggests to me that it is being relied on. Otherwise why ‘assume’ it,. 

To make a comparison it is not considered good economic planning to include income from cup runs in business plans. So clubs don’t assume runs up to the cup final in them.

unless there is a published model which doesn’t include this ‘assumed’ extra income, I’d assume it is in their projections.

by the way, I don’t mind your posts at all, not keen on ISTLs though as they are loaded 

Nelly Terraces
26 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Making digs about a Hearts owner from yesteryear to justify insecurities about his own shitty chairman. :rofl::rofl:

:laugh: Indeed. What an absolute fecking arsehole the boy is.

I repeat.:laugh:

30 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

All while his club are live on the telly :rofl:

Weegie dandy don sitting on a Hearts forum while on holiday in some spanish shithole whilst his shitty wee club are playing in the cup says we are obsessed with the sheep. couldn't make it up. Tit.

What a cretin lala-land is. At least ISTL will be at the game, still a prick but a prick that goes to games.

1 hour ago, La_Leyenda said:

Jesus man. Do you realise how sad that makes you sound.

I spend a bit of time each year in the south of Spain and the very last thing I could imagine spending my time doing would be sitting posting on another team's message board.

That is fecking tragic beyond belief.

16 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

I'm not watching but apart from our resident Don fan currently in Spains seat I presume Pittodrie is full to capacity today

"What a shitey home support" was heard

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Weegie dandy don sitting on a Hearts forum while on holiday in some spanish shithole whilst his shitty wee club are playing in the cup says we are obsessed with the sheep. couldn't make it up. Tit.

What a cretin lala-land is. At least ISTL will be at the game, still a prick but a prick that goes to games.

Couldn't have put it better myself mate. Well played.???

Utter bellends - the pair of them.

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

:laugh: Indeed. What an absolute fecking arsehole the boy is.

I repeat.:laugh:

Is he scouting for land for the new super dooper stadium 

14 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Guffaw. You better start learning fast then chump as your fair weather support already seem to sitting back doing the square route of feck all every week! To whit;

Average attendances 2016/17:

AFC 12,640

HMFC: 16,325.

And that in a season you were 2nd & reached a cup final & we were tam kite. Seems you're sitting back & doing feck all every week son, so read it & weep. Facts are facts.

Seriously, can't believe you even typed that out without noting the farking great dollop of irony that went with it. Utterly tragic. I feel embarrassed for you.

Those figures can’t be compared. We were still counting actual attendance then. Now we have switched to the tickets sold method Hearts have been using for years and our average is over 16k. We also give away fans less tickets.

9,800 at that shithole today for a cup game and their first home game in nearly a month. What an embarrassment and they want to move errrrrrr to a Field :rofl:

maybe they should

redevelop on site and look at St Johnstone ground for a realistic idea

Nelly Terraces
4 minutes ago, Kingswells said:

Those figures can’t be compared. We were still counting actual attendance then. Now we have switched to the tickets sold method Hearts have been using for years and our average is over 16k. We also give away fans less tickets.

Blah de fecking blah.

Just go away & stop quoting me you tedious sad individual. Who fecking cares about what you or any other of your dandy inbred coddie clowns have to say - not fecking me for one. Now do one you pathetic, silly, wee man.

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Blah de fecking blah.

Just go away & stop quoting me you tedious sad individual. Who fecking cares about what you or any other of your dandy inbred coddie clowns have to say - not fecking me for one. Now do one you pathetic, silly, wee man.

:jjyay:

8 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Blah de fecking blah.

come on nelly tell us how you really feel

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Kingswells said:

Most away teams got 750 everyone else 1500 in the period being alluded to. 

Aberdeen crowd up this season but still consistently lower than Hearts  and......ahem.....Hibs.

Price is also lower.

LL earlier in the thread I posted an EE link from the hearing. 

AFC put a rather positive slant it would stage 6 extra special events each year which was poo pooed by an economic expert

15 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

This thread is in to its 21st page. How many pages does the Dundee stadium thread have?

We don't have screeds of irritating Dundee fans on here trying to convince us they are still relevant whilst passively-aggressively trying to wind us up.  

Edited by Gizmo

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Most away teams got 750 everyone else 1500 in the period being alluded to. 

Aberdeen crowd up this season but still consistently lower than Hearts  and......ahem.....Hibs.

Take away the Murrayfield crowds and it's not a huge difference though is it?

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Price is also lower.

LL earlier in the thread I posted an EE link from the hearing. 

AFC put a rather positive slant it would stage 6 extra special events each year which was poo pooed by an economic expert

Yeh, but point another poster had made was Aberdeen were relying on these extra events. I'm not sure that's the case, more the money that could be generated at the new stadium.

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

9,800 at that shithole today for a cup game and their first home game in nearly a month. What an embarrassment and they want to move errrrrrr to a Field :rofl:

maybe they should

redevelop on site and look at St Johnstone ground for a realistic idea

9,800 for a lunchtime kick-off.

But in the days when Hearts didn't only play Hibs or Celtic in the cup, you had 8,859 v St Mirren in the Scottish Cup (2012).

1 minute ago, La_Leyenda said:

But in the days when Hearts didn't only play Hibs or Celtic in the cup, you had 8,859 v St Mirren in the Scottish Cup (2012).

Never get between an Aberdeen fan and his lunch.

3 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Yeh, but point another poster had made was Aberdeen were relying on these extra events. I'm not sure that's the case, more the money that could be generated at the new stadium.

Yeah, take away the biggest crowds and you are closer, yeah, I'll give you that. Take away your biggest crowds and you're further away, take away my auntie's baws etc etc.

It's not that Aberdeen are relying on these events to carry on existing by the way, but they are relying on them in terms of saying six of these a year will mean X economic benefits in their case for permission.

No , the point being made was the Aberdeen plan is giving economic benefits based on and including hosting upto 7 additional events every year. Therefore the groups opposed are refuting those figures with an economic expert.

Konrad von Carstein

WTF has the KO time got to do with anything?

Home game - Check

First game in weeks - Check

Cup game - Check

Game you expect to win - Check

Return of a fans favourite - Check

Did you confirm your tedious bore status by actually googling an HMFC attendance figure from 6 years ago? - CHECK 

Just GTF you bring nothing to this board (bored) other than snide digs and incredulous backing of a ****ing fairy tale plan for building a stadium...

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

12 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Bit different back then when we were a midtable side.

You lot are 2nd in the league and should be getting more through the door. That's a fact.

21 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

You've got posters saying we'll never raise £50m to build the stadium and training ground at Kingsford, and then others asking why we don't redevelop Pittodrie and build a training ground elsewhere, which would likely mean we'd need to raise an extra £15-20m.

Sorry but tell me why it's cheaper to build an entire new stadium on new land than redevelop the 3 stands that need doing at pittodrie one by one?

You don't need all the capacity you currently have and could suffer minimal affect to your season doing one stand at a time. 

10 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Bit different back then when we were a midtable side.

You lot are 2nd in the league and should be getting more through the door. That's a fact.

2nd in the league and only 3k a week fewer than the famous. Sounds about right, they're doing well!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

No idea mate. Just read it in the notes it was fanciful. 

On crowds Hearts are comfortably the 3rd highest attendance over the last 10 years. A fair period I would say which takes into account purple patches and utter shite.

I would fancy yours to drop if 2nd place grip slips. 

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Should all be fine with these 16,000 average crowds Aberdeen get now. 

Council will surely back the development. 

He's a laugh this boy

we had 16000 going season we got relegated - blew our capacity of 16700 when we were last 2nd but had a backlog of season ticket requests as long as your arm - could have filled the ground again, at least would have had mid twenties 

but Aberdeen get 16k now which is good - might be better on the field at the moment but support no chance 

1 hour ago, La_Leyenda said:

:facepalm::rofl::rofl:no words needed for this post. Sums your bellend support up for what they are. FFS . Thanks for making my night. Your club really are a shower ??

Edited by 1971fozzy