Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

59 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They want the complex. McInnes is the architect and he is determined to have the training facilities. Pittodrie therefore is not an option. 

The feeling is they have done what is asked of them this time and approval will be granted 

So they have delivered the brown envelopes to the rightful folk.

Sorry I just cannot see how a ground 5 miles out can work.

The Etihad is only a 30 min stroll with tram,bus,loads of car parks and a close bye rail link there and back to the stadium.

After the game the transport links are a nightmare getting back to the City centre.

Understand the need to move but no way can I see a ground miles out work in this case.

Edited by benny

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, benny said:

So they have delivered the brown envelopes to the rightful folk.

Sorry I just cannot see how a ground 5 miles out can work.

The Etihad is only a 30 min stroll with tram,bus,loads of car parks and a close bye rail link there and nack to the stadium.

After the game the transport links are a nightmare getting back to the City centre.

Plus you know you are going to see some of the best footballers in the world as you take that stroll.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

McInnes is the driving force.  He is determined to have the training facilities. 

Aberdeen have had some benefactors of late. How generous they are will be key. Interesting situation but nobody seems overly concerned about cost.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

McInnes is the driving force.  He is determined to have the training facilities. 

Aberdeen have had some benefactors of late. How generous they are will be key. Interesting situation but nobody seems overly concerned about cost.

Or where the stadium is being built :)

Edited by benny

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, benny said:

I genuinely don't think location is a problem. People are very used to driving around the Shire. A lot of people arrive from outwith the city. I work a mile further away but its not difficult. 

Looking at St Johnstone its a bit of a struggle getting out. I could see getting home bothering people more than getting there. Aberdeen people not used to jams.

Following on from McGinn latest snippet they are working hard on Christie staying

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You know this area and how the area around the beach is overloaded with what 2/3000 vehicles on game day. Do you think the infrastructure is in place or in the plans to handle that even with the bypass?

Theres something not sitting right with the whole thing. If it works fair enough but if i was a sheep I’d be asking a lot more questions than taking Milne etc’s word as gospel especially concerning the finance. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

You know this area and how the area around the beach is overloaded with what 2/3000 vehicles on game day. Do you think the infrastructure is in place or in the plans to handle that even with the bypass?

Theres something not sitting right with the whole thing. If it works fair enough but if i was a sheep I’d be asking a lot more questions than taking Milne etc’s word as gospel especially concerning the finance. 

Curious to see what the bypass does. I head East off the 944 each day. A large volume of traffic every day at 430. Bit of a crawl into the city. I don't honestly know where we are parking. 

Park and ride and generally using buses is alien to many. I enjoy the bus but people find me strange for it.

Definitely a risk. The danger for Aberdeen.  They are on the crest still. 

But what happens when that breaks and it could be soon enough. Will they maintain the same interest

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Honestly, it's amazing to me that so many of them are able to get past this fundamental point and throw their support behind something that could literally end their club if they get it wrong.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Curious to see what the bypass does. I head East off the 944 each day. A large volume of traffic every day at 430. Bit of a crawl into the city. I don't honestly know where we are parking. 

Park and ride and generally using buses is alien to many. I enjoy the bus but people find me strange for it.

Definitely a risk. The danger for Aberdeen.  They are on the crest still. 

But what happens when that breaks and it could be soon enough. Will they maintain the same interest

Yeah thats kind of how I see it too. Holiday Inn and the Broadstraik aren’t exactly designed for footie pubs. Can’t think of any others. Can see Tesco , Costco etc being unhelpful if they start using their parking which with people up here is almost a given they will. Park and Ride might work but most people around here aren’t interested in it. Maybe the club could use an incentive to make people use it but even then.... 

I’v been in the traffic back to Manchester airport many times after Old Trafford and thats horrendous , however the whole experience is something far different to Aberdeen City Centre to Westhill. 

If it worked i’v no issue with it. Another decent stadium and facilities for Scottiah football but like I said something just doesn’t seem right with it or the financing which as you said no one seems to consider a problem. 

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Honestly, it's amazing to me that so many of them are able to get past this fundamental point and throw their support behind something that could literally end their club if they get it wrong.

Even with the layout made clear of how we were paying for our NMS there was shortfall and contingency plans and for the most part transparency. There just seems to be we’ll sell Pittodrie at x amount which to me seems unlikely to be achieved unless Milne sells to Milne at an overinflated rate. 

Edited by sadj

Guest Paul Allen
16 hours ago, sadj said:

The only way £18m will be achieved is if Milne buys it himself and pays over the odds.

You cannae be serious, mate, come on. :lol:  Isn’t the Chairman an archetypal Aberdonian? He’s probably never paid over the odds for anything in his life!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

You cannae be serious, mate, come on. :lol:  Isn’t the Chairman an archetypal Aberdonian? He’s probably never paid over the odds for anything in his life!

I think he would see them alright. Legacies and all of that. He could afford it.  Cormack is more interesting. He left in disgrace before but is back and minted.

They'vegot other benefactors too who helped write off the debt.

My take on it. Things are positive right now. But staying there is going to be tough. Will training facilities really make them and moneys are not freely flowing in the corporate sector. The city is steady but requires a bit of reinvention. 

We don't get much new up here so from a city point of view I think it will excite a lot of people initially 

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, corryjambo said:

Like most things you post on here that is utter crap and written more in hope than expectation. 

The only growth is in the amount of property sales in the area up 3.5% from a very very low base. The only reasonable indicator to use in determining the health of a housing market is house prices and they have fallen by a further 2.7% up to the third quarter of 2017.

The average price of a property in Aberdeen is only 0.8% higher than it was 5 years ago. You would have been as well keeping your money in a chest under your bed and it would have been probably safer.

Your facts are incorrect, Aberdeen did just post a marginal YoY growth, first time since 2015.

Incidentally, the rental business is based on Rental Yield, not property growth, that’s just a bonus when you realise your asset through sale.

RealMaroonCF

ISTL

Go and Just tell us how this radium is getting paid for

im not interested in the rental value of property only how you turn a 15 million pound Pittodrie sale into a 50 million pound super stadium.... without putting the 16 million on the first favourite at Newmarket !

22 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Your facts are incorrect, Aberdeen did just post a marginal YoY growth, first time since 2015.

Incidentally, the rental business is based on Rental Yield, not property growth, that’s just a bonus when you realise your asset through sale.

Incidentally....you need people to take on properties to rent and the economy in Aberdeen is on its ass. Therefore you can predict all the rental yield you want but the yields have dropped on average around 40% and on many properties up to around 60% in the last few years. A lot of these properties were bought at inflated prices. Look at Urquhart Court. Rental yield was predicted based on rental values of over 1kpcm for a 2bed and within months of them being bought up at silly prices due to the predictions of the yield available , the rental values had dropped to around £800pcm.

Point is due to all these factors and continual building of houses it is dangerous to expect an amount for Pittodrie based on indicators from before the crash which is what you were asked ages ago. 

What is the amount they expect to get for Pittodrie based on , or will Milne overpay because its for the club and take a hit to his business?

Edited by sadj

IveSeenTheLight
25 minutes ago, sadj said:

Incidentally....you need people to take on properties to rent and the economy in Aberdeen is on its ass. Therefore you can predict all the rental yield you want but the yields have dropped on average around 40% and on many properties up to around 60% in the last few years. A lot of these properties were bought at inflated prices. Look at Urquhart Court. Rental yield was predicted based on rental values of over 1kpcm for a 2bed and within months of them being bought up at silly prices due to the predictions of the yield available , the rental values had dropped to around £800pcm.

Point is due to all these factors and continual building of houses it is dangerous to expect an amount for Pittodrie based on indicators from before the crash which is what you were asked ages ago. 

What is the amount they expect to get for Pittodrie based on , or will Milne overpay because its for the club and take a hit to his business?

Its true, the rental market has taken a hit.

Best thing would be for Aberdeen to manage the property builds and sales.

There are plenty margin, so even selling slightly cheaper they’d be better off, not that that will happen.

The oil market has been poor, but there are some extremely encouraging signs.

2018 is expected to be our busiest for a long, long time.

Selling Pittodrie would be about 2021 / 2022, so May have time to recover a bit.

[edit]

Back to rental yields, your looking at projections, however not all rental properties are new, therefore it’s based on actual, not projections.

[/edit]

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

3 hours ago, sadj said:

They should be trusting him as much as they would trust him for hair style tips. 

IveSeenTheLight
49 minutes ago, RealMaroonCF said:

ISTL

im not interested in the rental value of property only how you turn a 15 million pound Pittodrie sale into a 50 million pound super stadium.... without putting the 16 million on the first favourite at Newmarket !

Im not aware of all the coverage, but I do know that there will be more movement on the investment once the plans are approved.

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Its true, the rental market has taken a hit.

Best thing would be for Aberdeen to manage the property builds and sales.

There are plenty margin, so even selling slightly cheaper they’d be better off, not that that will happen.

The oil market has been poor, but there are some extremely encouraging signs.

2018 is expected to be our busiest for a long, long time.

Selling Pittodrie would be about 2021 / 2022, so May have time to recover a bit.

[edit]

Back to rental yields, your looking at projections, however not all rental properties are new, therefore it’s based on actual, not projections.

[/edit]

Any buildings on Pittodrie are going to be new builds. Urquhart Court is what 5years old? So would of been sold based on a different market and economy to what is available now. 

So when were the figures for Pittodrie done? , it would make sense they are based on selling properties on the site at x amount and now due to the massive downturn (allowing for a busy year the ecomony in Aberdeen will NOT recover to anywhere near where it was)  are these figures obselete or fanciful. 

I agree that financially it may be better to keep the property and put the demolition and building work to a 3rd party. Milne could do this at a lower rate benefitting the club and his legacy. However with the market stagnant and property sales slow and rentals down it may prove financially constraining to do this.

Therefore where would the missing money come from for Kingsford? 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, sadj said:

Any buildings on Pittodrie are going to be new builds. Urquhart Court is what 5years old? So would of been sold based on a different market and economy to what is available now. 

So when were the figures for Pittodrie done? , it would make sense they are based on selling properties on the site at x amount and now due to the massive downturn (allowing for a busy year the ecomony in Aberdeen will NOT recover to anywhere near where it was)  are these figures obselete or fanciful. 

I agree that financially it may be better to keep the property and put the demolition and building work to a 3rd party. Milne could do this at a lower rate benefitting the club and his legacy. However with the market stagnant and property sales slow and rentals down it may prove financially constraining to do this.

Therefore where would the missing money come from for Kingsford? 

I believe they have downgraded the land valuation.

was £20M initially I think, then £18M, now £16M

Unknown user
54 minutes ago, RealMaroonCF said:

ISTL

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Haven't a clue but I'll swear it's a great idea regardless 

Ftfy

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I believe they have downgraded the land valuation.

was £20M initially I think, then £18M, now £16M

This along wth your previous comment about movement once permission is granted is why were asking what we have. We had a small deficit to find for the NMS and we asked questions. Your talking about 34million and rising as the market value of Pittodrie drops. By 2021/2022 the value could be 10m or 12 add in overspend which happens on 99.9% of builds and that is a scary thing to just go “The funding will be there lads don’t worry”

Edited by sadj

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

This along wth your previous comment about movement once permission is granted is why were asking what we have. We had a small deficit to find for the NMS and we asked questions. Your talking about 34million and rising as the market value of Pittodrie drops. By 2021/2022 the value could be 10m or 12 add in overspend which happens on 99.9% of builds and that is a scary thing to just go “The funding will be there lads don’t worry”

There is already funds set aside to cover the first phase I believe.

Cormack is also starting to bring new investors from the US, which is a market the club has never had investment before from.

There has been talk of a legacy being left.

With the combined wealth of Milne and more so Cormack, even if the new ground is covered (owned) by them two, it’s a drop in the ocean for them.

Im not overly concerned, investment will come in and the costs will be covered.

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I genuinely don't think location is a problem. People are very used to driving around the Shire. A lot of people arrive from outwith the city. I work a mile further away but its not difficult. 

Looking at St Johnstone its a bit of a struggle getting out. I could see getting home bothering people more than getting there. Aberdeen people not used to jams.

Following on from McGinn latest snippet they are working hard on Christie staying

Youre right - st Johnstone is a good example. Getting home a nightmare if you like  a few pints . Aberdeen will have to rely on growing the cars and family market. Not impossible but hard to see how they will increase revenue.

Captain Sausage
25 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

With the combined wealth of Milne and more so Cormack, even if the new ground is covered (owned) by them two, it’s a drop in the ocean for them.

Im not overly concerned, investment will come in and the costs will be covered.

Scary. 

Rangers-esque financial management on show here. 

Captain Sausage
10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Youre right - st Johnstone is a good example. Getting home a nightmare if you like  a few pints . Aberdeen will have to rely on growing the cars and family market. Not impossible but hard to see how they will increase revenue.

Pittodrie is a nightmare to get to anyway. I live in Ferryhill, near to the station. We walked out to the beach behind the stadium today and it took an hour. Almost all the pubs are in town, so you have your last pint, then wander 45 mins to the game before another 45 minutes walk post game to get back to the pub. It’s pish. 

Compare that with Tynie. 15 min walk from Haymarket with plenty pubs near the stadium. You can go from Tynecastle Arms or Diggers to the stadium in seconds. If you are a posh ***** like me, you could even go to Montpelliers post match within 15 mins. 

The new stadium at Kingswells will be horrific traffic wise. Up that way your only options are to swing round Westhill and down the back roads to Stonehaven, or brave the road back to Anderson Drive and then it’ll take the best part of an hour to go from the stadium to the Bridge of Dee before you even leave Aberdeen. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Grudgingly I would admit they have grown their family fanbase these past few years. Can it be maintained is another question under stiffer competition 

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

Pittodrie is a nightmare to get to anyway. I live in Ferryhill, near to the station. We walked out to the beach behind the stadium today and it took an hour. Almost all the pubs are in town, so you have your last pint, then wander 45 mins to the game before another 45 minutes walk post game to get back to the pub. It’s pish. 

Compare that with Tynie. 15 min walk from Haymarket with plenty pubs near the stadium. You can go from Tynecastle Arms or Diggers to the stadium in seconds. If you are a posh ***** like me, you could even go to Montpelliers post match within 15 mins. 

The new stadium at Kingswells will be horrific traffic wise. Up that way your only options are to swing round Westhill and down the back roads to Stonehaven, or brave the road back to Anderson Drive and then it’ll take the best part of an hour to go from the stadium to the Bridge of Dee before you even leave Aberdeen. 

Yes, traffic around Pittodrie is a nightmare on match day.

The AWPR will be finished before Kingsford and will make traffic much better to egress after the match

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

Scary. 

Not quite.

stirlingshirejambo
11 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yes, traffic around Pittodrie is a nightmare on match day.

The AWPR will be finished before Kingsford and will make traffic much better to egress after the match

He’s not talking about traffic though!!!!!

33 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

Scary. 

I agree. Wing and a prayer type stuff.

Nelly Terraces
On 31/12/2017 at 10:52, Chaps said:

Tynecastle not fit for the purpose 

:seething:

Sale of Tynecastle cancelled

:jjyay:

We build a new main stand 

:verysmug:

We now have one of the best stadiums in Scotland 

:glorious:

meanwhile up in sheep land

:gok: 

Haha, well played, Chaps!?

14 hours ago, Ryder said:

:rofl:

Ryder kens the score. My, errrr, 'sentiments' there exactly fella!? 

14 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Haha, well played, Chaps!?

Ryder kens the score. My, errrr, 'sentiments' there exactly fella!? 

:D

IveSeenTheLight
42 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

He’s not talking about traffic though!!!!!

Certainly seemed to be the main point in his post.

what was he talking about?

58 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

IveSeenTheLight
29 minutes ago, Five to One said:

I agree. Wing and a prayer type stuff.

Stewart Milne gets a lot of criticism but one thing you can’t point the finger at him is for living beyond the clubs means.

Indeed he has often stated that the club must be able to stand on its own.

we are nowhere near a Rangersesque board, laughable even for the suggestion

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aberdeen board reprimanded for betting against their own team. No surprise he was betting on Celtic 

indianajones
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Stewart Milne gets a lot of criticism but one thing you can’t point the finger at him is for living beyond the clubs means.

Stuart Milne is an absolute arsehole. I'd not be happy with that man owning my club. 

Can't see this move being a good thing for Aberdeen. Despite all the points I just can't make sense of it. 

Captain Sausage
6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Was also talking about the chronic location of your current ‘stadium’ for visiting fans. And the new one will be even worse. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, houstonjambo said:

Was also talking about the chronic location of your current ‘stadium’ for visiting fans. And the new one will be even worse. 

He mentioned he lived locally.........

The new one will depend how you travel to games to an extent. Certainly it’s planned you’ll be behind the goals to the West, so you’ll get a much better view

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Aberdeen board reprimanded for betting against their own team. No surprise he was betting on Celtic 

One board member and he was stupid for doing so.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No surprise really.  I am pretty sure Aberdeen voted against binning the ridiculous 10-2 voting structure we have or something similar?   Aberdeen need the old firm to survive.

stirlingshirejambo
37 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

As far as I can read he mentions walking from station and walking back

Talks about wandering to tynecastle

no mention of traffic as I’m sure that won’t affect walking time to grab a pint before and after games!!!!

IveSeenTheLight
12 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

As far as I can read he mentions walking from station and walking back

Talks about wandering to tynecastle

no mention of traffic as I’m sure that won’t affect walking time to grab a pint before and after games!!!!

His last paragraph was all about traffic

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

His last paragraph was all about traffic

And the first two weren't.

Jesus - away back to Dons Talk FFS. You contribute the square root of **** all to this board, just another troll.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, houstonjambo said:

And the first two weren't.

Jesus - away back to Dons Talk FFS. You contribute the square root of **** all to this board, just another troll.

I responded to his last paragraph adding the AWPR would improve the traffic, then had posts saying he was not talking about traffic when he clearly did.

56 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

??. Head in sand stuff if you think these crazy plans are a good idea. Good luck. 

The finance is the key issue if planning permission is granted.

The inconvenience in particular time to get away after game is the obvious issue for fans. But Aberdeen doing an Arsenal over the funding could really really hurt them. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Five to One said:

??. Head in sand stuff if you think these crazy plans are a good idea. Good luck. 

They are paying for it by betting on Celtic :lol:

Had a very heated debate with a couple of ‘holier than thou’ sheep a couple of years back, in Ma Cameron’s to be more specific, all about living beyond our means.  At the time the sheep were £9M in debt and didn’t quite grasp the irony...

I suggested a penny in debt is living beyond your means never mind £9M....

They were were quite excitable chaps .....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, dallan said:

Had a very heated debate with a couple of ‘holier than thou’ sheep a couple of years back, in Ma Cameron’s to be more specific, all about living beyond our means.  At the time the sheep were £9M in debt and didn’t quite grasp the irony...

I suggested a penny in debt is living beyond your means never mind £9M....

They were were quite excitable chaps .....

Absolutely typical of them. Can't see it in themselves. 

I mean. Chanting Hun at all and sundry when their manager has just declared his heart is with Rangers. Jokers