Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's relevant to me if I have 2 or 3 hours added to my travel time by public transport 

I don’t go to many away games these days except Hibs and Cup games. If I did, I’d be really interested too.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

So you think raising £50m for a new stadium and training facility, where at least £15m comes from the sale of Pittodrie, is "pie in the sky"?

And your solution is to knock down one stand at a time, so essentially build a new ground, with four years playing with a reduced capacity, one of which without a main stand meaning European games would be in a different city, pay extra to have a training facility elsewhere, either have a smaller capacity when finished due to the footprint not being big enough or spend more funds on expanding that footprint, taking the cost well past £50m and with an additional £15m needed to replace the money coming from the Pittodrie sale?

That's your solution? "You're never going to afford £50m so what you should do is spend more than £50m and begin the project with less money".

And we're the deluded ones apparently...

You're very relaxed about 35m debt minimum (the ground would cost more than that IMO). Even at the height of the Romanov madness we were never in that much debt. Question is why haven't you started this bit by bit improvement yet and brought the ground up to scratch as other teams have done? Hearts and Hibs for example. You built one new stand and seemed to leave it at that.

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

You're very relaxed about 35m debt minimum (the ground would cost more than that IMO). Even at the height of the Romanov madness we were never in that much debt. Question is why haven't you started this bit by bit improvement yet and brought the ground up to scratch as other teams have done? Hearts and Hibs for example. You built one new stand and seemed to leave it at that.

It’s not £35M though.

I understand we have £6M set aside a.ready which allows phase 1 (Training pitches) to commence straight away.

once the plans are approved it opens up more opportunity for investment. We’ve already seen our first investor from the US come on board via the Dave Cormack connections

so it’s likely to be £29 Million with the opportunity to gain investment during the build.

Once completed, there’s further investment opportunities.

Finally, there’s a potential option that can be revealed once all the investment opportunities are completed which means the club have the new facilities and ground in place with no debt left on the club.

7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It’s not £35M though.

I understand we have £6M set aside a.ready which allows phase 1 (Training pitches) to commence straight away.

once the plans are approved it opens up more opportunity for investment. We’ve already seen our first investor from the US come on board via the Dave Cormack connections

so it’s likely to be £29 Million with the opportunity to gain investment during the build.

Once completed, there’s further investment opportunities.

Finally, there’s a potential option that can be revealed once all the investment opportunities are completed which means the club have the new facilities and ground in place with no debt left on the club.

Thats all potential investment though. Is there a plan B if that doesn’t happen. Where does it come from. No business will rely on maybe getting this money or maybe getting that money. Therefore Aberdeen must have firm lines of funds for the money.

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats all potential investment though. Is there a plan B if that doesn’t happen. Where does it come from. No business will rely on maybe getting this money or maybe getting that money. Therefore Aberdeen must have firm lines of funds for the money.

I believe there is a plan to cover the whole amount, but as any business, the desire is to reduce by getting as much investment as possible.

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I believe there is a plan to cover the whole amount, but as any business, the desire is to reduce by getting as much investment as possible.

Thats what were asking though. Do you know the plan to cover it? It can’t be to go massively into debt. If your all happy with the plan then Milne et al must have laid out this plan for all to see. No chance you’d say yep were happy with the plan based on “Don’t worry guys theres a plan in place”

IveSeenTheLight
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats what were asking though. Do you know the plan to cover it? It can’t be to go massively into debt. If your all happy with the plan then Milne et al must have laid out this plan for all to see. No chance you’d say yep were happy with the plan based on “Don’t worry guys theres a plan in place”

When trying to get in as much investment as possible, you don’t lay all your cards on the table as it can impact deals which are yet to be made.

All I can say is that I’m confident this will be a huge step forward by the club and the board do indeed have it covered.

6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

When trying to get in as much investment as possible, you don’t lay all your cards on the table as it can impact deals which are yet to be made.

All I can say is that I’m confident this will be a huge step forward by the club and the board do indeed have it covered.

So you're hoping it's in hand basically.

What do the Aberdeen supporters think of the opposition group - www.nokingsfordstadium.org.uk ?                       They've certainly raised a lot of interesting and important issues with Aberdeen's proposals. They've even raised funds for a judicial review should  Aberdeen Council give the new stadium a green light.                               

IveSeenTheLight
6 minutes ago, jambobas said:

What do the Aberdeen supporters think of the opposition group - www.nokingsfordstadium.org.uk ?                       They've certainly raised a lot of interesting and important issues with Aberdeen's proposals. They've even raised funds for a judicial review should  Aberdeen Council give the new stadium a green light.                               

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and respect the effort they put in to raising their points.

At the hearing in September, most of their raised concerns were not sufficient to impact the decision, but there was a couple of good points raised which is why the proposal needed tweaking.

i don’t think they have come up with enough to overcome and thus reject the proposal.

Seems most Aberdeen fans aren’t bothered about staying at Pittodrie which I find strange but that’s up to them. When we knew we were staying in Gorgie I could of gret I was so happy. It Doesn’t bother me where they go as we get crap seats at the moment so anything’s an improvement 

Shanks said no

Questions for Ive seen the light

Who owns all the land on and around the proposed stadium and training ground? Is it green belt and is this a way of cracking it so that the further investment comes from house builders?

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Coburg Hearts
8 hours ago, redm said:

That’s how it sounds to me too. I don’t understand why they’re not fighting this idea tooth and nail. It all sounds seriously grim.

The main thing for me about the out of town idea is that it takes away all the choice. Your transport options are limited, you’re quite likely to be stuck or in queues or at the mercy of some shuttle bus situation, you’re too far away from civilisation to do anything about it other than just wait it out. There’s nothing to do while you’re waiting. You can’t just walk. It takes considerable time to get from the stadium to anywhere worth being. 

Argh. The sort of situation I avoid the plague.

If there was a like button I'd give you one (to put between avoid and the ) ;)

57 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No.

Well yeah. You're leaving it to faith, you can't say where the money's coming from because you don't know. You're hoping for the best. 

Mention of the ‘snowline’ reminds me of our old plan of going to Straiton.

what an utter disaster that would’ve been.

Slightly different fo Aberdeen perhaps, because so many of them come from outside the city. Still a bad idea, imo

12 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Mention of the ‘snowline’ reminds me of our old plan of going to Straiton.

what an utter disaster that would’ve been.

Slightly different fo Aberdeen perhaps, because so many of them come from outside the city. Still a bad idea, imo

Would have been handy for Nandos though. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Exactly, potentially a wealthy billionaire could leave us all his money. In reality we have made plans and got together a package that works.

8 hours ago, RussAsia said:

I hadn't realised it was as little as that.. 15 million from the sale of Pittodrie leaves 35 million..

Where the **** are you going to get 35 million.. serious question.. Hearts have struggled to piece together 11-12 million.. You need to find 3 times that amount.

The club believe they will raise £43m from the sale of Pittodrie, sponsors, donations, naming rights, grants, debentures and have then put "etc etc" (I'm quoting the stadium application).

Leaving a £7m debt/mortgage.

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

You are deluded yes, completely deluded, you wouldn't need to have all the money in place for a staged build, it can be done ad hoc. As we found out with pieman, no solutions are possible when you're only looking for obstacles, but as we also found, where there's a will there's a way. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, is your new main stand not cheaper than what a whole new stadium would have cost?

If it is, then it's pointless comparing that with your plan to rebuild Pittodrie, because it would cost the club far, far more money, whether it was done in stages or not. For a start we'd have to move the pitch, increase the footfall. I don't think it even would be possible to do one stand at a time as likely two stands would need to be knocked down to make the pitch UEFA compliant, very much like the Bristol City rebuild.

Increasing the cost of a project doesn't make things more affordable. 

4 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Well it wouldn't be a £35m debt.

Secondly, it wouldn't start being built until the money was in place.

As for improving the ground 20 years ago, yes, that would have been sensible.

1 hour ago, jambobas said:

They are very well organised, but even people against Kingsford want nothing to do with them as they have made wild claims and, for one good point they do make, they make five terrible ones.

Their performances at the pre-planning meeting in October were beyond embarrassing. The best one was Gordon Ballantyne trying to convince the council the stadium had now "moved up the list of terrorist targets due to the publicity the stadium had received".

Edited by La_Leyenda

8 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Your looking at it from your own personal perspective of how you get to Tynecastle rather than objectively looking at how Aberdeen fans get to Pittodrie.

I've already highlighted that 88% take some forms of transport to get to Pittodrie, so it means 12% would have to consider alternative means to get the new stadium.

There are already massive queues around Pitodrie at the end of the game, sometimes taking over an hour to get out of the immediate vicinity, hence why many park some distance away and walk back to their cars afterwards.

The new ground potentially makes this easier for many.

For these reasons, I drive at the moment to games, but would seriously consider using the P&R and taking using the club bar before and after.

More money for the club and a bit more exercise for me.

Win Win for me. ;)

Firstly the figures from online email surveys are a load of shite. Think about who does and does not take part. I also sometimes take a 5 minute bus to the city centre and have no idea how you can downplay factoring in another 40 minutes to and from Westhill. The survey you're quoting was also a shambles with crossover answers.

You're overthinking a simple thing, that the average game 6682 (club estimate) who will have one of the long inconvenient travel methods will be less likely to go. Who knows how many would have done it today.

Wasting our time anyway. It will be turned down because it's a ****ing ludicrous sized development for the entrance of a small town and relies on thousands of offsite parking spaces which are not supposed to be allowed and they're very much trying to discourage.

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

The club believe they will raise £43m from the sale of Pittodrie, sponsors, donations, naming rights, grants, debentures and have then put "etc etc" (I'm quoting the stadium application).

Leaving a £7m debt/mortgage.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is your new main stand not cheaper than what a whole new stadium would have cost?

If it is, then it's pointless comparing that with your plan to rebuild Pittodrie, because it would cost the club far, far more money, whether it was done in stages or not. For a start we'd have to move the pitch, increase the footfall. I don't think it even would be possible to do one stand at a time as likely two stands would need to be knocked down to make the pitch UEFA compliant, very much like the Bristol City rebuild.

Increasing the cost of a project doesn't make things more affordable. 

Well it wouldn't be a £35m debt.

Secondly, it wouldn't start being built until the money was in place.

As for improving the ground 20 years ago, yes, that would have been sensible.

They are very well organised, but even people against Kingsford want nothing to do with them as they have made wild claims and, for one good point they do make, they make five terrible ones.

Their performances at the pre-planning meeting in October were beyond embarrassing. The best one was Gordon Ballantyne trying to convince the council the stadium had now "moved up the list of terrorist targets due to the publicity the stadium had received".

Did you engage a consultant called C Robinson to write that bit?

Seems a fanciful amount in today's property/ oil market

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, comeonthen said:

Firstly the figures from online email surveys are a load of shite. Think about who does and does not take part. I also sometimes take a 5 minute bus to the city centre and have no idea how you can downplay factoring in another 40 minutes to and from Westhill. The survey you're quoting was also a shambles with crossover answers.

You're overthinking a simple thing, that the average game 6682 (club estimate) who will have one of the long inconvenient travel methods will be less likely to go. Who knows how many would have done it today.

Wasting our time anyway. It will be turned down because it's a ****ing ludicrous sized development for the entrance of a small town and relies on thousands of offsite parking spaces which are not supposed to be allowed and they're very much trying to discourage.

Too many points to get into here.

The last bit is absolute b0llocks; There would be more parking at the new facility than at Pittodrie.

1 minute ago, comeonthen said:

Or, they simply find another way of going.

If I took the shuttle bus one game and thought it was an awful experience, but when I got to the stadium I thought the game was good and the team were playing well and I actually enjoyed the stadium itself, I wouldn't stop going, I just wouldn't take the bus again. I'd drive. 

All these dire predictions that fans who want to go to the game and currently go to matches at a freezing cold Pittodrie will refuse to go to Kingsford because of the shuttle buses is overplayed. 

As ISTL pointed out a few pages back, Lyon and Nice are out of town stadiums. I read up on them last night - Nice's shuttle buses take 50 minutes, or you can get a public bus that takes 75 minutes. Juventus you have to take a train to about half-way then get a shuttle bus that adds another 20 minutes. I don't know what percentage of fans are using these but they're still filling the stadiums.

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Too many points to get into here.

The last bit is absolute b0llocks; There would be more parking at the new facility than at Pittodrie.

You missed the point. The council and government are trying to discourage car use. This relies on 600 more spaces than permitted in Arnhall (which there's no guarantee of use or availability), 900 more spaces in Kingswells P&R, 764 more spaces in Dyce P&R. The SDPA kicked up a big fuss about them being remote car parks. The transport options are unattractive, insufficient and the whole thing relies on lots and lots of cars. 

29 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

If I took the shuttle bus one game and thought it was an awful experience, but when I got to the stadium I thought the game was good and the team were playing well and I actually enjoyed the stadium itself, I wouldn't stop going, I just wouldn't take the bus again. I'd drive. 

All these dire predictions that fans who want to go to the game and currently go to matches at a freezing cold Pittodrie will refuse to go to Kingsford because of the shuttle buses is overplayed. 

As ISTL pointed out a few pages back, Lyon and Nice are out of town stadiums. I read up on them last night - Nice's shuttle buses take 50 minutes, or you can get a public bus that takes 75 minutes. Juventus you have to take a train to about half-way then get a shuttle bus that adds another 20 minutes. I don't know what percentage of fans are using these but they're still filling the stadiums.

The last thing I want to do before or after any football match is drive. I love the whole football day experience of pints with mates pre and post match. I would imagine lots of Aberdeen fans love that type of day too. Will they be happy about losing that experience? I would doubt it and many may simply not bother going especially when the team are having a poor season. 

kingantti1874

£43m for a bit of land in a city where the main industry has just gone boom.. Begging for teachers because of the amount of people leaving the area.. Nonsense.. What kind of flats could possibly return £43m.. They gonna build the north east burj.. Aberdeen is on the fast track back to becoming he fishing village it was pre oil boom.. 

They should stay wherr they are and build a 12,000 seat stadium.. Right now is as good as it gets for Aberdeen and the crowd today was pathetic. The only way is down

Edited by kingantti1874

16 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

The last thing I want to do before or after any football match is drive. I love the whole football day experience of pints with mates pre and post match. I would imagine lots of Aberdeen fans love that type of day too. Will they be happy about losing that experience? 

No, when anyone says it they are shouted down, told they will be replaced, should support their team, give up pints and so on. The Kingsford supporters create their own echo chamber on every platform so they think everyone is on board and everyone will do this and that.

Despite a massive social media push and video pleas from the manager, only 5000 submitted their support on the application, which either shows the level of support or lack of true enthusiasm they think there is. 

58 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Juventus,  Lyon and Aberdeen. BIT of a difference?

Nice looks worse because of the terrain, but I think you're stretching "out of town" just a bit, at least with those two

Screenshot_20171216-224325.png

Screenshot_20171216-224415.png

Screenshot_20171216-224715.png

By the way I don't give a shit how Aberdeen fans get to the new stadium. 

Just bothered how I get to and from Edinburgh by train so I'm back home at a decent time. Don't like missing games. But that's the more likely outcome. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Juventus,  Lyon and Aberdeen. BIT of a difference?

Nice looks worse because of the terrain, but I think you're stretching "out of town" just a bit, at least with those two

Screenshot_20171216-224325.png

Screenshot_20171216-224415.png

Screenshot_20171216-224715.png

Are you disputing the times I said it takes to get from the city centre to these grounds?

You're right, there is a difference. They're a lot bigger cities than Aberdeen and therefore take longer to get there and back when you don't live next to it.

21 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Are you disputing the times I said it takes to get from the city centre to these grounds?

You're right, there is a difference. They're a lot bigger cities than Aberdeen and therefore take longer to get there and back when you don't live next to it.

I'm disputing you using the term out of town to compare aberdeen's site with these stadiums. Neither of the two I've shown are surrounded by fields in the bleak Scottish countryside. Both are within their cities' bypass and are surrounded by infrastructure, links and civilisation.

But hey, whatever, I get why you're so defensive about it, I probably would be too.

Konrad von Carstein

Can you imagine the shit storm on any other supporters website if a Hearts fan was talking about "only" £35M to fund....and talking up a move out of Edinburgh as well...LaLaLaLa_Leyenda is more than defensive, he's a terminally poor poster who needs to take a breath before never posting on here again...

:mmtaxi:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'm disputing you using the term out of town to compare aberdeen's site with these stadiums. Neither of the two I've shown are surrounded by fields in the bleak Scottish countryside. Both are within their cities' bypass and are surrounded by infrastructure, links and civilisation.

From stadiumguide.com

Lyon

"Parc Olympique Lyonnais is located on the edge of the city in a quiet suburb, surrounded by residential housing and farmlands. There is little around in terms of eating and drinking apart from the odd fast-food restaurant, which therefore best done in Lyon’s pleasant city centre."

Distance from city centre: 10km

Travel time on public transport: 30 mins on tram from city centre 

-----

Nice

The Allianz Riviera is located on the edge of Nice in a semi-rural area which is a mix of farmlands, housing, and some offices and light industry. There is not much around in terms of entertainment, though if you have some time to spare and need something to eat or drink, you will find a few places around rail station Saint-Isidore. Otherwise, eating and drinking is better done in central Nice.

Travel time: 50 mins on shuttle buses, 75 mins on public buses, or can get a train followed by shuttle buses

---

Juventus 

Allianz Stadium is located on the outskirts of the city of Turin in a quiet residential area. With their new stadium, Juventus also opened a medium-sized shopping centre, Area12, which has a few food outlets. Apart from that, there are few options to eat or drink around the stadium, and doing so in Turin’s pleasant city centre may be the better alternative.

Distance from city centre: 7km

Transport: Train to Bernini, then bus (official guides say tram, but trams tend to mean buses in Italy).

Loads of other examples - Bayern Munich another notable one. 

Out of town stadiums (or, if we're not allowed to use that terminology, then ones far from the city centre) are not unusual on the continent. 

32 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

From stadiumguide.com

Lyon

"Parc Olympique Lyonnais is located on the edge of the city in a quiet suburb, surrounded by residential housing and farmlands. There is little around in terms of eating and drinking apart from the odd fast-food restaurant, which therefore best done in Lyon’s pleasant city centre."

-----

Nice

The Allianz Riviera is located on the edge of Nice in a semi-rural area which is a mix of farmlands, housing, and some offices and light industry. There is not much around in terms of entertainment, though if you have some time to spare and need something to eat or drink, you will find a few places around rail station Saint-Isidore. Otherwise, eating and drinking is better done in central Nice.

Travel time: 50 mins on shuttle buses, 75 mins on public buses, or can get a train followed by shuttle buses

---

Juventus 

Allianz Stadium is located on the outskirts of the city of Turin in a quiet residential area. With their new stadium, Juventus also opened a medium-sized shopping centre, Area12, which has a few food outlets. Apart from that, there are few options to eat or drink around the stadium, and doing so in Turin’s pleasant city centre may be the better alternative.

Transport: Train to Bernini, then bus (official guides say tram, but trams tend to mean buses in Italy).

Out of town stadiums (or, if we're not allowed to use that terminology, then ones far from the city centre) are not unusual on the continent. 

Yes, in big cities some of the people live far away from the stadium, but the edge of a city is still very different from a field between kingswells and Westhill. But that's me out, I don't want to get further embroiled, it's becoming very boring. The plans are unrealistic for multiple reasons, and no comparisons with Juventus' stadium will change that. You're mental nodding along with a plan that has a 30 million black hole in it too if you ask me, never mind the almost inevitable overspend. 

4 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

From stadiumguide.com

Lyon

-----

Nice

---

Juventus 

Not the best comparisons. Aberdeen vs 3 teams in sunny climates with comparatively large attendances (leading to better atmospheres) and playing world-class domestic opposition and Europe games most years. Any examples of teams in a frigid, windy Northern European city with iffy public transport links and a paltry 11,000-strong fan base of ST holders (in a good year)?

Not just that but these teams are all still in their respective cities, not a field near a wee village. Aberdeen would literally be leaving their city not just leaving the city centre. Its like Hearts moving to Penicuik.

That said, Aberdeen will be missing a trick if they don't name their stadium Westhill Riviera.

Edited by socrates82

9 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Not the best comparisons. Aberdeen vs 3 teams in sunny climates with comparatively large attendances (leading to better atmospheres) and playing world-class domestic opposition and Europe games most years. Any examples of teams in a frigid, windy Northern European city with iffy public transport links and a paltry 11,000-strong fan base of ST holders (in a good year)?

Not just that but these teams are all still in their respective cities, not a field near a wee village. Aberdeen would literally be leaving their city not just leaving the city centre. Its like Hearts moving to Penicuik.

That said, Aberdeen will be missing a trick if they don't name their stadium Westhill Riviera.

?? I’m with you , the comparisons with these clubs are just not good ones to use. The Penicuik one however is. There is so many holes the sheep should be asking serious questions. The transport links the funding and inferred overspend that goes with almost every building project. The vague funding plans the sheep on this thread are telling us are the clubs position etc. However they seem sold that its the only way to have a future yet the words Pieman and Murrayfield have been said by almost everyone one of us... ?

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

?? I’m with you , the comparisons with these clubs are just not good ones to use. The Penicuik one however is. There is so many holes the sheep should be asking serious questions. The transport links the funding and inferred overspend that goes with almost every building project. The vague funding plans the sheep on this thread are telling us are the clubs position etc. However they seem sold that its the only way to have a future yet the words Pieman and Murrayfield have been said by almost everyone one of us... ?

It all seems a bit mad. Their current stadium is too big for them, even during a time when they've been 2nd in the league and getting to cup finals.

I agree with others. This is all about property developers not football fans.

15 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

It all seems a bit mad. Their current stadium is too big for them, even during a time when they've been 2nd in the league and getting to cup finals.

I agree with others. This is all about property developers not football fans.

Sounds like it. I might be missing something but iv read “uefa compliant” a lot , yet there was an international there recently. Is there different rules for grounds where UEFA are stricter than FIFA as that seems absurd.

35 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yup the vague funding plans are particularly funny. Talk of 'investment', how exactly is an investor going to get a return from a stadium development in rural Aberdeenshire for a club with a modest fan base? Is the hoped for 'investment' more accurately described as 'donations'.

IveSeenTheLight
11 hours ago, comeonthen said:

You missed the point. The council and government are trying to discourage car use. This relies on 600 more spaces than permitted in Arnhall (which there's no guarantee of use or availability), 900 more spaces in Kingswells P&R, 764 more spaces in Dyce P&R. The SDPA kicked up a big fuss about them being remote car parks. The transport options are unattractive, insufficient and the whole thing relies on lots and lots of cars. 

I think you are missing the point.

The proposal has far better parking options than at Pittodrie.

Far better than at Tynecastle (not a dig just showing a comparison)

If this is the main objection, then Kingsford provides better options than currently at Pittodrie 

Went to Madjeski stadium once via shuttle bus from Reading station.

While the stadium was pretty good I thought I'd be buggered doing that bus thing every time.

Think you might notice an impact on supporter numbers , certainly away supporters.

scott herbertson
32 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I think you are missing the point.

The proposal has far better parking options than at Pittodrie.

Far better than at Tynecastle (not a dig just showing a comparison)

If this is the main objection, then Kingsford provides better options than currently at Pittodrie 

Car parking wouldn’t be a problem if you get past the environmental objections, though I wouldn’t discount them easily in the current anti-car political climate.  I think more of an issue would be public transport. Not in the sense you can’t  provide it, more in the sense that you are adding another leg to most people’s journey. It probably takes me three times as long to get by bus from my stepfathers house in Edinburgh to Tynecastle as it will from my current house in Birnam to McDiarmid stadium for the game on the 23rd but I’m already planning that like a campaign because it’s psychologically different to travel 12 miles from one town through the countryside (even if it mostly the A9). It also feels more fragile. In Edinburgh I have a choice of 4 buses to the west end then 4 or 5 to Tynie and they’re coming every 10minutes or less. from Birnam to Perth if the bus  driver’s ill or there’s a sudden snowfall I’m goosed.

i think you risk losing a tranche of marginal (I don’t like that term fair weather) fans who’ll look out the window on a match day and think “nah”....

Guest Paul Allen
On 16/12/2017 at 01:34, La_Leyenda said:

It's 1.4 miles from Pittodrie to the train station. Not a chance you manage to walk that in 15 minutes.

A couple of hundred yards from

the bypass to the stadium site. I don't understand your second question.

I said it was 15 mins walk from a city centre pub to Pittodrie, Google Maps says from a city centre pub (Blackfriars?) to Pittodrie is 20 mins.

The second question was will there be enough parking for everyone at the new stadium? If not how will away fans arriving by car get from the bypass to the stadium is it looks like there’s countryside all around the site?

All roads lead to Gorgie
52 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

What’s beyond doubt is that Aberdeen have peaked and the move to this stadium will accelerate a terminal decline.  

As long as they keep peaking against hibs, that's all that matters for me :smile:

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Codheids sensitive about this or what?! :rofl:

Their posts do appear to be a bit ‘trying to convince myself, never mind others’. We shall see though I suppose. Never gonna happen imo.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Their posts do appear to be a bit ‘trying to convince myself, never mind others’. We shall see though I suppose. Never gonna happen imo.

Tbh I'm neither up nor down about a new stadium as I don't go away anymore and they're not my team (obviously). If they get one good for them. If not their current one will suffice.

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Tbh I'm neither up nor down about a new stadium as I don't go away anymore and they're not my team (obviously). If they get one good for them. If not their current one will suffice.

Meh, feel similar overall. It’s more the deluded ‘this is the best thing for us’ argument, when they haven’t even been told what the nuts and bolts of the plan are... agree with others about the Chris Robinson comparison.