Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

3 hours ago, houstonjambo said:

Pittodrie is a nightmare to get to anyway. I live in Ferryhill, near to the station. We walked out to the beach behind the stadium today and it took an hour. Almost all the pubs are in town, so you have your last pint, then wander 45 mins to the game before another 45 minutes walk post game to get back to the pub. It’s pish. 

Compare that with Tynie. 15 min walk from Haymarket with plenty pubs near the stadium. You can go from Tynecastle Arms or Diggers to the stadium in seconds. If you are a posh ***** like me, you could even go to Montpelliers post match within 15 mins. 

The new stadium at Kingswells will be horrific traffic wise. Up that way your only options are to swing round Westhill and down the back roads to Stonehaven, or brave the road back to Anderson Drive and then it’ll take the best part of an hour to go from the stadium to the Bridge of Dee before you even leave Aberdeen. 

Used to be a pub across from the uni only 10 mins away.

I know what you mean though, it can be a hike, certainly finding a good bar can be.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Used to be a pub across from the uni only 10 mins away.

I know what you mean though, it can be a hike, certainly finding a good bar can be.

Used to to live in Union Street in Ferguson’s league winning year. Just went to the Wing Nut (prince of Wales) Kirkgate or a wee  pub that backed onto the graveyard and got a bus up the road.

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Used to to live in Union Street in Ferguson’s league winning year. Just went to the Wing Nut (prince of Wales) Kirkgate or a wee  pub that backed onto the graveyard and got a bus up the road.

Remember the pub next to the graveyard very well - was decent had two floors and some OK food - a weird pub I went to was at the top of Union street where it takes a turn to the right, kind of looked like a church and very gothic inside - beer was tremendous, can't for the lif of me remember the name but was on the same road as the Olive tree restaurant.

Just now, neonjambo said:

Remember the pub next to the graveyard very well - was decent had two floors and some OK food - a weird pub I went to was at the top of Union street where it takes a turn to the right, kind of looked like a church and very gothic inside - beer was tremendous, can't for the lif of me remember the name but was on the same road as the Olive tree restaurant.

This was 12 years ago so changed a lot since Ferguson era, still hated the place.

Junkie paradise.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, neonjambo said:

After my my time I think. I remember the graveyard so well because two very large hairy bikers drop kicked a small friend of mine over the wall one wet night after he insulted them in the pub, leaving a size 12 bootmark on his parka

• 2 weeks later...

Spent some time at relatives after the game up there last month, morbid place now, everyone is very negative about the future, economy down the pan, brand new shopping area left empty - surprised if there is anyone left by the time this stadium is built. 

59 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

I wonder what impact this might have on the stadium plans. 

Awaits certain poster telling us that it will still be ok.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-42634182

Interesting that the Council's biggest objections are the same issues re traffic and getting safely to/from the stadium that we discussed on here and were somewhat arrogantly dismissed by our resident sheep fan.

In its response to the public consultation, the local authority said economic statements in support of the application were based on optimistic assumptions.

It also said a footbridge planned to take supporters from a car park across the A944 dual carriageway was unlikely to be suitable, and traffic assessments did not fully reflect the potential impact of match-day travel.

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

image.png.0ab10a30df63d036e523b15c648b9deb.png

The sign on the left :laugh:

Whats the one on the right say looks like

No Kingsford stadium .... wrong location

Posh protests

21 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Interesting that the Council's biggest objections are the same issues re traffic and getting safely to/from the stadium that we discussed on here and were somewhat arrogantly dismissed by our resident sheep fan.

Was thinking the same reading it. Surely the councils stance on the roads would be based on the roads department and infrastructure departments opinion so how can they say the council object but the roads department are happy with the plans when they say in the report that traffic assesments are inaccurate

This was never going to happen. When is Wiggy going to reveal the real (scaled back and less fanciful) plans? :lol:

£50m :rofl:

56 minutes ago, Ryder said:

This was never going to happen. When is Wiggy going to reveal the real (scaled back and less fanciful) plans? :lol:

£50m :rofl:

I've lost track - and wasn't really interested anyway - in what the issue with Pittodrie was.

If it is that old stand that faces the cameras then, based on their crowds, just close it down and use the rest of the stadium.

On 2018-01-01 at 09:09, IveSeenTheLight said:

Stewart Milne gets a lot of criticism but one thing you can’t point the finger at him is for living beyond the clubs means.

Indeed he has often stated that the club must be able to stand on its own.

we are nowhere near a Rangersesque board, laughable even for the suggestion

The club that splurged £1m on Paul flipping Bernard can never be accused of living within its means! Even under Romanov we never spent that much on one player, and that’s with our consistently bigger crowds and better turnover.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I've lost track - and wasn't really interested anyway - in what the issue with Pittodrie was.

If it is that old stand that faces the cameras then, based on their crowds, just close it down and use the rest of the stadium.

Something about the investment (£50m) only being available by selling the current land for houses. :D

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

House prices are dropping like a stone in Aberdeen.. In 20 years it'll be South Peterhead 

Thankfully for me they aren't. A temporary drop round the Links would be acceptable :)

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

image.png.0ab10a30df63d036e523b15c648b9deb.png

The sign on the left :laugh:

Not sure about the sign second left. If I supported Hearts I'd be overjoyed if they moved the team nearer my house.

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

No sign of our resident codheid. That’s unusual

Practising his script in front of the mirror.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Anyone mind our original Aberdeen fan resident; Sheepie? He was alright. Preferred him to the new breed.

Wasnt sheepie a twerp as well? Seem to recall

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Was he? Don’t remember finding him half as insufferable. Maybe he just posted less fantasy stuff.

Edited by Ryder

Just now, Ryder said:

Was he? Don’t remember finding him half as insufferable. Maybe he just posted less fantasy stuff.

Probably because ISTL is on every feckin thread, with his nippy comments, maybe makes him seem worse. I think sheepie only commented on codheid related threads

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Probably because ISTL is on every feckin thread, with his nippy comments, maybe makes him seem worse. I think sheepie only commented on codheid related threads

But ISTL has impartial views on everything no bias on any topic ever... ? 

Stephen Muddie
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Thankfully for me they aren't. A temporary drop round the Links would be acceptable :)

Your area is different. Special.

A lucky man 

Oh yeah this thread topic... What can we say about it?

Hilarious 

Edited by Stephen Muddie

On 01/01/2018 at 17:09, IveSeenTheLight said:

Stewart Milne gets a lot of criticism but one thing you can’t point the finger at him is for living beyond the clubs means.

Indeed he has often stated that the club must be able to stand on its own.

:lol: A large part of the reason for Aberdeen moving is because the club spunked millions on the playing squad without touching the stadium and getting into loads of debt.

On 01/01/2018 at 16:08, houstonjambo said:

Pittodrie is a nightmare to get to anyway. I live in Ferryhill, near to the station. We walked out to the beach behind the stadium today and it took an hour. Almost all the pubs are in town, so you have your last pint, then wander 45 mins to the game before another 45 minutes walk post game to get back to the pub. It’s pish.  

Where are you crawling from? There are loads of pubs at the east end of Union Street and plenty more on the way up to the stadium. It's not even a half hour walk from the train station.

2 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

The original Don on here was a lad called Panda near on 20 years ago. 

Stephen Muddie
On 10/01/2018 at 23:28, Darren said:

:lol: A large part of the reason for Aberdeen moving is because the club spunked millions on the playing squad without touching the stadium and getting into loads of debt.

Where are you crawling from? There are loads of pubs at the east end of Union Street and plenty more on the way up to the stadium. It's not even a half hour walk from the train station.

A citizen vs honest critic debate is always telling 

I'm going to Google map the route and do the obligatory halving of the stated walking time :verysmug:

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Stephen Muddie

Yeah... hi again guys...

Google says 29 mins walk from train station to "a whole stand free"

20 mins brisk easy 

Edited by Stephen Muddie

1 minute ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Yeah... hi again guys...

Google says 29 mins walk from train station to "a whole stand free"

20 mins brisk easy 

With a load of alright boozers on the way. 

There is a pretty obvious solution to the transport nightmare that this imaginary football stadium would throw up...

07D36A41-3CF5-4901-A27E-AC38C12AC258.jpeg

7 hours ago, Ryder said:

There is a pretty obvious solution to the transport nightmare that this imaginary football stadium would throw up...

07D36A41-3CF5-4901-A27E-AC38C12AC258.jpeg

??

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Trams work okay at Murrayfield 

That’s the sort of talk I’d expect from someone in Shelbyville!

005ADB51-B865-4060-AA39-54C619FD9543.jpeg

Still yet to hear a good enough reason why they can't just redevelop the current stadium. Lots of space, I don't understand it. 

The away end (and the entire stand) at pittodrie is a joke, surely knocking that down and rebuilding would make more sense. 

29 minutes ago, communist said:

Still yet to hear a good enough reason why they can't just redevelop the current stadium. Lots of space, I don't understand it. 

The away end (and the entire stand) at pittodrie is a joke, surely knocking that down and rebuilding would make more sense. 

Presumably when they built the massive stand at the Beach end they planned to redo the whole ground in a similar manner. what has changed since then?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

My contact is with them in Dubai right now. Golfing with their right back yesterday, no doubt he will come back telling me of their next master plan for global domination. Mind you probably wont get a face to face for a while yet.

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Presumably when they built the massive stand at the Beach end they planned to redo the whole ground in a similar manner. what has changed since then?

Looks that way, but it totally dwarfs the other 3 stands. A total mess of a stadium currently. The first to be all seated (I think) and hasn't changed since.. they really have been left behind.

They don't often reach capacity so should be able to function with 3 stands and redevelop one stand at a time surely.

33 minutes ago, communist said:

Looks that way, but it totally dwarfs the other 3 stands. A total mess of a stadium currently. The first to be all seated (I think) and hasn't changed since.. they really have been left behind.

They don't often reach capacity so should be able to function with 3 stands and redevelop one stand at a time surely.

I remember attending matches there in the 80s and thinking they were forward thinking for having an all seated stadium. Always cold there though and now they are falling behind all the other major Scottish clubs in terms of stadium facilities. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

My contact is with them in Dubai right now. Golfing with their right back yesterday, no doubt he will come back telling me of their next master plan for global domination. Mind you probably wont get a face to face for a while yet.

8C6D80A1-A24B-4A32-9C76-691FF41EA94F.jpeg

IveSeenTheLight
On 10/01/2018 at 18:52, socrates82 said:

The club that splurged £1m on Paul flipping Bernard can never be accused of living within its means! Even under Romanov we never spent that much on one player, and that’s with our consistently bigger crowds and better turnover.

You don’t have a bigger turnover though.

would need o check back for the Romanov years to be fair.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Little Bo Peep’s back, everyone.

Been lobbying Aberdeen City Council? 

Lol, no, just been very busy.

12 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Been quite busy lately....

DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THIS IS LEGIT?

YOU AINT GETTING A NEW STADIUM FFS!

????