Amazon Prime

Tazio

Салатные палочки

Worth it?  

?7.99 a month for next day delivery alone is worth it IMO, but what is the content like?  I have the Firestick in the house but use that mostly for Kodi and YouTube. I got rid of Netflix ages ago as it was becoming increasingly crap. 

Also, can I pay monthly or do I need to pay the whole year at once?  I can justify ?7.99 a month but not the full whack right now.  

Rudolf's Mate

Worth it?

?7.99 a month for next day delivery alone is worth it IMO, but what is the content like? I have the Firestick in the house but use that mostly for Kodi and YouTube. I got rid of Netflix ages ago as it was becoming increasingly crap.

Also, can I pay monthly or do I need to pay the whole year at once? I can justify ?7.99 a month but not the full whack right now.

You can pay monthly however try calling them up and tell them your friend had the deal for ?50 for the year. I have done this for last 2 years and got it.

Personally think it's worth it for the delivery alone however you get Amazon Music and Video with it as well.

Harry Potter

Worth it just for the free next day delivery never mind the TV service.

Thats why i have it, have watched a few movies on my PC screen, not bad.

Салатные палочки

I'm sold on the next day delivery anyway so I might as well.  I had a 30 day trial at Christmas a couple of years ago and it was incredible, the least stressed I have been at Christmas ever.  

When I started with Prime, I went halfers with my daughter who orders a lot from Amazon.  Somewhere along the line I've ended up paying it all though. Still great value though (especially for my daughter).

I now grudge paying for postage, for stuff not available under Prime, and tend to avoid it.  Probably not a bad thing.

Amazon Prime is fantastic.  Next day delivery, and you save a fortune on postage and packing.  You only really need to order 2 or 3 things a month for it to be economically viable, and that's easily done.  It's also a lifesaver for simple little things that you need next day, and it is far easier than going down to the shops for stuff, especially household essentials.

There are always things on offer, and it is usually much cheaper than other places anyway.  No reason not to go for it.

They usually will give you a 6 month trial for free as well, so have a look into it if you haven't already.  You will need to put your card details in, but as soon as you sign up, just go into your Prime settings and cancel it immediately.  You'll still get the free trial but you won't be charged for it at the end.

If you are a student (or if you have access to a @something.ac.uk email address) you get it for ?39 a year, so even more incentive!

Prime is well worth it.  You can get a lot of stuff delivered same day for free now as well.  Top notch

Rudolf's Mate

I'm sure it was already mentioned on here but you can also have 2 kids on the video and music plus another designated family member. The in-laws are our 2nd adult and they have access to all the video content, music and next day delivery.

I'm sure it was already mentioned on here but you can also have 2 kids on the video and music plus another designated family member. The in-laws are our 2nd adult and they have access to all the video content, music and next day delivery.

To let the 2nd adult access the videos and music, do you have to share your payment details with them, or something?  When I added my daughter as the 2nd adult, I got a message saying that.  Like that was going to happen!  All she gets is the free delivery.

Rudolf's Mate

To let the 2nd adult access the videos and music, do you have to share your payment details with them, or something? When I added my daughter as the 2nd adult, I got a message saying that. Like that was going to happen! All she gets is the free delivery.

True however the 2nd person, if using the other persons payment details would need to enter in the 3 digit security code on reverse of the card.

Samuel Camazzola

I've mentioned this on a previous thread but if someone is a prime subscriber, they can go into their account and allow someone to access the prime benefits whilst keeping their accounts private and separate.

I've had that for the last year.

Not worth it for the movies alone as I personally feel it isn't as good as other streaming services, but as a package with the other services its a good deal.

Set Prime up as a family account so it links into other family members amazon accounts, but you don't see each others payment details :thumbsup:

Archived