Amazon Prime

Tazio

I've just got an email from Amazon offering a years membership with ?20 off. Seems like pretty good value for a years viewing etc. I used the free month in January and it seem d very good content wise. Has it improved or declined since then?

...a bit disco

I've just got an email from Amazon offering a years membership with ?20 off. Seems like pretty good value for a years viewing etc. I used the free month in January and it seem d very good content wise. Has it improved or declined since then?

I took that offer last year.

It was worth it for my deliveries alone.

Mine runs out on the 17th of this  month, the day before The Grand Tour starts and The Man In The High Castle season 2 starts in 30 days so I'm wavering over renewal!

luckyBatistuta

Also agree that it's worth it just for the delivery. It's brilliant, click to order and the doorbell goes :lol: fantastic service.

Say What Again

Does that make it ?59 or thereabouts, Taz?

For a years worth of the TV and free delivery, that seems pretty decent to me. I still have Prime (and Netflix) but don't use them as much now that I have a firestick.  Still some great shows on there like Vikings, Black Sails and Man in the High Castle. There's also the likes of Mr Robot, Startup, and Goliath, none of which I've watched yet but have heard some decent things about.

There's some good looking documentary series too. I need to get round to watching Indian Wars.

Chuck in the movies (OK not the greatest selection) and it's pretty good VFM at 60 sheets for a year.

Until they make it available on my Virgin Tivo box its not an option for me.  My TV is too old to take one of their Fire sticks.

I already subscribe to Netflix which has vastly more content.

Rudolf's Mate

I got it solely for the delivery however I've been using the tv stuff more and more. I hadn't tried it until recently but the music that comes with it is brilliant.

Was happy to pay it for the delivery so everything else is a bonus.

I'm just about to add the inlaws as a family member. If you share payment details they can also get access to tv content.

I got it solely for the delivery however I've been using the tv stuff more and more. I hadn't tried it until recently but the music that comes with it is brilliant.

Was happy to pay it for the delivery so everything else is a bonus.

I'm just about to add the inlaws as a family member. If you share payment details they can also get access to tv content.

What is the music service like mate?? Currently have Spotify so if it is good might go for it.

Say What Again

I hadn't tried it until recently but the music that comes with it is brilliant.

Cheers RM - I didn't even know about that.

Just had a quick swatch and will get it added to my phone at lunchtime :thumb:

Rudolf's Mate

What is the music service like mate?? Currently have Spotify so if it is good might go for it.

It's been a long time since I used Spotify mate so hard to say if it comes close. It is decent tbf however you can setup an account and get the 1st month free. If you've already had the trial just use another email account.

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers RM - I didn't even know about that.

Just had a quick swatch and will get it added to my phone at lunchtime :thumb:

Aye I've got a cracking playlist for the shower [emoji23] There's some amount on there as well.

Worth it just for the free next day delivery never mind the TV service.

This, it's been superb for ordering stuff.

We've had prime for over a year now on the firestick and it's been great but we got bored of the tv content quite quickly.

Added Netflix and Kodi to it though and it's never boring with that much to look through you'll always find something.

The prime music has a few metal play lists as well which are good for playing when I'm doing my paperwork etc and I don't want to be glancing at a tv screen distracting myself.

Content on Prime and Spotify is around the same.

I tried Prime for the music and found Spotify a much more use friendly interface and playlist system.

I binned Prime after the trial and I am back to Spotify.

Prime is great if you online shop quite a lot. I imagine its okay for movies etc but if you have Kodi it becomes redundant.

jambos are go!

Free Prime deliveries make it worthwhile for me. Couple of points. Not all deliveries are covered by Prime. Stuff coming directly from a supplier rather than Amazon can have charges. On TV and movies not everything is free. Just a good selection that can change. Can be annoying if you are watching a series and suddenly it becomes chargeable or disappears. As I say worth it if you buy a lot from Amazon.

Just do what I do and sign up with a new email every month and activate your free trial. ;)

Carl Fredrickson

As has been said the free deliveries are grand but mind and check that the goods can be delivered by PRIME. A lot of stuff isnt covered and of that which is covered, it can be more expensive. 

Prime TV gets on my tits. You cannot (or couldnt as i binned it) search just for free shows and as has been said, the free shows often change to chargeable. 

The wife liked the music and I liked the Ebook library on it. 

Say What Again

Prime TV gets on my tits. You cannot (or couldnt as i binned it) search just for free shows and as has been said, the free shows often change to chargeable. 

I'm at work so can't check, and haven't really used Prime TV since I got Kodi as I mentioned above, but I'm sure there are sub categories of "TV included with Prime" and "Movies included with Prime", which only lists the free stuff.

I'm sure of it.

Carl Fredrickson

I'm at work so can't check, and haven't really used Prime TV since I got Kodi as I mentioned above, but I'm sure there are sub categories of "TV included with Prime" and "Movies included with Prime", which only lists the free stuff.

I'm sure of it.

Cheers 

I binned it about 18 months ago and it didnt have the function then (or if it did it wasnt obvious). I now use Netflix and Kodi so it is no great miss. 

Worth it just for the free next day delivery never mind the TV service.

x2. We regularly use Amazon now for things we need and it is very handy, the TV side of it is a just handy extra for the kids tablets

I've had it for a while now- delivery is worth it.

Amazon music is also getting better and better

You can download the albums to your phone for free.

Also they have x-ray lyrics on a lots of the albums

The lyrics display in time with the music.

Rudolf's Mate

Just do what I do and sign up with a new email every month and activate your free trial. ;)

I did that for 8 months and got fed up having to change my Amazon Fire boxes :lol: In the end I decided it was worth it (stopped being a tight arse) and subscribed. 

Jambof3tornado

Next day delivery on dog food toys games etc....light bulbs......everything.

Plus some decent tv viewing.

Well worth it considering the ridiculous amount I pay sky tv every month!!!

Got it after I forgot to cancel the free trial, now couldn't live without it.  Had about 60/70 things delivered in the last few months, made orders on behalf of friends and family etc as well.

They will regret getting me so sneakily!

I've been using Prime for years, when it was just delivery as I get loads of stuff delivered. Think it was about ?60 a year even then which was still a good deal IMO. Prime movies/tv are ok and getting better (certainly better than when they started after they bought LoveFilm) but nowhere near Netflix - for what I watch anyway. Music's not bad too but I tend to buy most of my music rather than stream so don't use it that much. One other great thing is that if you buy the Kindle Fire Kids, you get a shitload of content free if you're a Prime member, so junior has access to loads of books, games, tv shows, movies etc. All in all, I think it's great value but it depends how much you'd use all the services, particularly delivery.

I've been using Prime for years, when it was just delivery as I get loads of stuff delivered. Think it was about ?60 a year even then which was still a good deal IMO. Prime movies/tv are ok and getting better (certainly better than when they started after they bought LoveFilm) but nowhere near Netflix - for what I watch anyway. Music's not bad too but I tend to buy most of my music rather than stream so don't use it that much. One other great thing is that if you buy the Kindle Fire Kids, you get a shitload of content free if you're a Prime member, so junior has access to loads of books, games, tv shows, movies etc. All in all, I think it's great value but it depends how much you'd use all the services, particularly delivery.

That content comes free with the kids Kindle fire as standard, you don't need a prime membership for it.

Rudolf's Mate

They'll renew it every year for the reduced rate of ?59. Simply contact their customer service via chat and they'll do it for you.

They'll renew it every year for the reduced rate of ?59. Simply contact their customer service via chat and they'll do it for you.

I'm already on the free trail (got about a week left). Will I be able to get the ?59 deal? On the homepage it says new customers only.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm already on the free trail (got about a week left). Will I be able to get the ?59 deal? On the homepage it says new customers only.

Go onto the help section and select contact them by chat option. Tell the your wife's been emailed the offer and could you have it. They'll send you the link via chat and wait whilst you sign up.

Mine was up on 21st and I cancelled it and then contacted them saying I was about to do it through the Mrs (I was) but would rather do it on my account if they could do it.

Go onto the help section and select contact them by chat option. Tell the your wife's been emailed the offer and could you have it. They'll send you the link via chat and wait whilst you sign up.

Mine was up on 21st and I cancelled it and then contacted them saying I was about to do it through the Mrs (I was) but would rather do it on my account if they could do it.

Cheers, they had to cancel my free trial and then put me on the ?59.00 plan.

Decent value for free one day delivery, a good video service and music.

Rudolf's Mate

Yeah they did the same with mine even though I'd cancelled it myself just before contacting them.

Absolutely sickening behaviour, cheating the system like that.

:jj:

Konrad von Carstein

Thanks to Tazio pointing out the ?20 discount, signed up yesterday and am chilling watching Bosch after reading the books, top telly. Next up will be The Man in the High Castle.....

Big Slim Stylee

I took that offer last year.

It was worth it for my deliveries alone.

Mine runs out on the 17th of this  month, the day before The Grand Tour starts and The Man In The High Castle season 2 starts in 30 days so I'm wavering over renewal!

That's such bad timing!!

Thanks to Tazio pointing out the ?20 discount, signed up yesterday and am chilling watching Bosch after reading the books, top telly. Next up will be The Man in the High Castle.....

The Bosch series is a good take on the books. I was a bit dubious about the casting but he nails it.

Konrad von Carstein

The Bosch series is a good take on the books. I was a bit dubious about the casting but he nails it.

Yes he does.

His real life name is almost as exotic as Bosch's :lol:

Big Slim Stylee

Really enjoyed MitHC.  I see second season is out December 16th so that's Christmas binge watch sorted.

Next day delivery on dog food toys games etc....light bulbs......everything.

Plus some decent tv viewing.

Well worth it considering the ridiculous amount I pay sky tv every month!!!

Dog food, deffo going to get it now.

Not sure you even need prime but if you have an android tablet:

Download the app "Amazon underground" (Google it) -you can get loads of apps for free that cost money on Google play.

I got the kids loads of toca boca games for nowt.

Rudolf's Mate

Ordered some stuff (HDMI cables etc) however it said that one of the items wouldn't be delivered until Wed. As such I marked the other items as 'no rush' with them being delivered around the same time. On doing so I was given a ?3 credit for Prime Now. Had a look earlier and it was also giving ?5 off your first order (?8 total) so the Mrs ordered some stuff she was going to get anyway and I added some wine. 2 hours later it was here :pleasing:

In some cases it'll be delivered within the hour!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got a 4k TV yesterday. Mad dogs, man in the high castle, grand tour etc in 4k.

Plus I need a 4k adapter for my pc which they are delivering for free tomorrow so pretty happy with prime.

Amazon Prime is stepping up a gear. The IMDB acquisition is kicking in nicely. For example: 

1. When you search movies, you get the IMDB ratings to aid selection

2. The recommendation for each movie is IMDB driven, which is really useful for niche content. 

3. And... when you pause a film mid-way, all the actors are named on screen. That's seriously cool. 

Deodato 

Archived