Micky Flanagan Tour

jimmyjambo

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Where was the standing tickets? I was on the ground level but could only see seating.

I have always been pretty impressed with the hydro as a venue. Good seat room at each level. I get the higher you go the further away you are, but that's the only way to get a big venue that holds a fair few people. Compare that to what the SECC was like for events and the hydro is a massive improvement.

Add in the access to rewards lounge for hydro customers and it can be a pretty good experience as avoiding the drinks queue

Sorry, I wasn't very clear there, I meant for bands & gigs there's a standing area, there wasn't last night.

I thought the SECC was much better for music performances, I always think it's better standing for them.

jimmyjambo

As mentioned, he was late coming on and then had an interval, this meant we had to leave before the end or we'd have missed our train home. :(

Apart from that, I thought he was really good. The Hydro is brutal as a venue though.

cheers RB, really looking forward to this, glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Samuel Camazzola

Maybe if you're one of the lucky few who get standing tickets, if you're stuck sitting up the top you end up just watching the big screens.

Depends on the show I suppose. Saw Noel Gallagher and had standing tickets. Went there for Alter Bridge and had side view seats. Went to Take That and had central seats which was a benefit as their show included a lot of effects and stage performers.

I wouldn't go to see a comedian in a venue that size as you end up watching on screen.

jimmyjambo

Anybody else a wee bit disappointed regards last night show?

Really like Mickey but thought he was ok, nothing brilliant.

punkrockcroc

Pure quality the funniest routine for me had to be the saga holiday wi his dad.

rudi must stay

Miranda, Jack Whitehall and Russell Howard would have something to say about that.

Not seen Jack Whitehall in the sky sports studio? The guy is hilarious, for me the best comedian in Britain followed by Michael McIntyre, he does very clever observational comedy

Archived