New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The latest update from Greenginger on Bitters.net

"I was speaking to a couple of the contractors working on site yesterday.  The idea seems to be the assembled main beam for the new stand will be hoisted over the old stand and fixed to the top of the existing corner supports. 

That will be all that is done before the end of the season and will save a couple of weeks for the new stand construction"

:stunned: 

Jeez!!!  I need to get on to the Project Manager with this news - he has programmed the steelwork to the rear of the stand to commence in March, and the glazed fa?ade installation to start in May! 

This is a disaster!!!

New Main Stand will have a 32 degree incline instead of 34 (as per the other three). But the fans will be closer to the pitch than the current stand, especially the first ten rows.

ab113d9ada62daf75b0d9230e082c704e7baaab4

I doubt their will be any information on this, but has it been mentioned what the current incline of the Main Stand is?

I think it might be fair to say that the new stand will be steeper than the old stand? Though not as steep as the other three.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Thomaso, on 19 Jan 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

"I was speaking to a couple of the contractors working on site yesterday.  The idea seems to be the assembled main beam for the new stand will be hoisted over the old stand and fixed to the top of the existing corner supports. 

That will be all that is done before the end of the season and will save a couple of weeks for the new stand construction"

Jeez!!!  I need to get on to the Project Manager with this news - he has programmed the steelwork to the rear of the stand to commence in March, and the glazed fa?ade installation to start in May! 

This is a disaster!!!

And what was he doing there?

I doubt their will be any information on this, but has it been mentioned what the current incline of the Main Stand is?

I think it might be fair to say that the new stand will be steeper than the old stand? Though not as steep as the other three.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I got the 32 degree from the architects drawings (which are on the council's website). The new stand will be steeper than the old one and will feel much closer to the pitch, but slightly less steeper than the other three stands.

No idea what the old stand is, but the lower section are very shallow.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

marshallschunkychicken

"I was speaking to a couple of the contractors working on site yesterday. The idea seems to be the assembled main beam for the new stand will be hoisted over the old stand and fixed to the top of the existing corner supports.

Jeez!!! I need to get on to the Project Manager with this news - he has programmed the steelwork to the rear of the stand to commence in March, and the glazed fa?ade installation to start in May!

This is a disaster!!!

I note he's also claiming we have no building warrants for any of the work completed.

Seriously sad existence, that boy.

Should've just asked and id have moved. I was there for literally two minutes whilst I took the above vids. Didn't realise that was the single vantage point on McLeod Street.

Hope it hasn't ruined your day ffs

You were there for more than 2 minutes, more like 15 !  and you WERE on THEE single vantage point on McLeod Street, mine.... have you moved yet  ?

Edited by dannymack

Should've made a show of taking his plate number, and license, and if asked what you were doing, told him you work for Edinburgh Council and will be making the relevant department aware.

If you were feeling particularly ******* and bored, that is...

It's okay, I know him 

marshallschunkychicken, on 19 Jan 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

I note he's also claiming we have no building warrants for any of the work completed.

Seriously sad existence, that boy.

Indeed Scabbies Greenginger...jeez what  an utter cretin

You were there for more than 2 minutes, more like 15 ! and you WERE on THEE single vantage point on McLeod Street, mine.... have you moved yet ?

Take it you were the guy with the short dark hair and glasses?

Dougie Masterton

This is a disaster!!!

And we still don't have a building warrant for the Wheatfield undercroft. The boys absolutely barking.

Elias Henry Furst

Same size

Reminds me of the sketch where father ted is explaining to dougal that the toy cow in his hand was small but the ones in the field were far away. :D

And what was he doing there?

Official Bitters.net Clerk of Works.

Hope he had his hard hat, safety boots and Hi Viz vest on when he was "speaking to a couple of contractors"  :builder2:

Health & Safety  :deal2:

Thomaso, on 19 Jan 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

Official Bitters.net Clerk of Works.

Hope he had his hard hat, safety boots and Hi Viz vest on when he was "speaking to a couple of contractors"  :builder2:

Health & Safety  :deal2:

In other words he spoke to nobody but his palm

I have it on good authority that Greenginger is going to new York to film the twin towers as he doesn't believe they both collapsed after the attack in 2001. It didn't happen it was a yams/scumbos conspiracy.

John Findlay, on 19 Jan 2017 - 1:04 PM, said:

I have it on good authority that Greenginger is going to new York to film the twin towers as he doesn't believe they both collapsed after the attack in 2001. It didn't happen it was a yams/scumbos conspiracy.

He'll be claiming they didn't have planning permission in the first place

Another wee update. The truss is beginning to take shape on its frame. As jamboinglasgow says, it's gonny be massive when it's fully put together. These vids and pic were taken minutes ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting Mr Sifter. With the amount of pics/vids and info on here, we're all going to be construction experts by September! :)

Lucille's Thirsty

I for one am very excited about the new stand but some amount of work on the other three stands will need to be done to live up to the new stand,no point in giving us a new main stand,while the other three stands are needing some attention,just hope all the makeover of the other three will do the main stand justice.

We've got a bright future a head of us people.

:pleasing:

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

I for one am very excited about the new stand but some amount of work on the other three stands will need to be done to live up to the new stand,no point in giving us a new main stand,while the other three stands are needing some attention,just hope all the makeover of the other three will do the main stand justice.

We've got a bright future a head of us people.

:pleasing:

There has been very little information on what the redevelopment of the other stands is actually going to include, im surprised someone hasnt asked at any stage on varying AGM meetings etc or even journalists.

Would be good to know.

There has been very little information on what the redevelopment of the other stands is actually going to include, im surprised someone hasnt asked at any stage on varying AGM meetings etc or even journalists.

Would be good to know.

Would like to see these seats replaced for starters.

Tynecastle-.jpg

The cladding on the back of the roof of the Roseburn, which most of us rarely see, unless passing behind it on the West Approach Road, has to be addressed too.  It looks absolutely awful and needs at least a lick of paint.

Clark Griswold

The cladding on the back of the roof of the Roseburn, which most of us rarely see, unless passing behind it on the West Approach Road, has to be addressed too. It looks absolutely awful and needs at least a lick of paint.

Pressure washer should do the trick, then a paint job

Looks massive.

I guess with the new stand holding over 7000 and will have function suites and large floor space it'll need to be much larger.

No mate, the weight of the stand itself, the seats, concrete, the main building with the glass front etc, will all be taken by the foundations. The truss is only there to hang the stand roof from.

Gene Parmesan

Tynecastle-.jpg

Regarding the seats and the rear of the Roseburn Stand, these are to do with the sun - it bleaches the seats because it is the only stand in direct sunlight for most of the day, and the back cladding is filthy because it gets no sunlight, doesn't dry as quickly and mosses etc grow far quicker.

In both cases it's a bit like painting the Forth Bridge. You can sort it out but it'll never fully go away. I don't think it is economically too clever to replace functioning seats just because they are bleached. I do hope the back of the stand can get a nice jetwash as part of our spruce up though - it'll look much nicer on my commute along the Wester Approach each morning!

Regarding the seats and the rear of the Roseburn Stand, these are to do with the sun - it bleaches the seats because it is the only stand in direct sunlight for most of the day, and the back cladding is filthy because it gets no sunlight, doesn't dry as quickly and mosses etc grow far quicker.

In both cases it's a bit like painting the Forth Bridge. You can sort it out but it'll never fully go away. I don't think it is economically too clever to replace functioning seats just because they are bleached. I do hope the back of the stand can get a nice jetwash as part of our spruce up though - it'll look much nicer on my commute along the Wester Approach each morning!

I don't buy the sun fading myth. Why is it only certain seats and some are near the top where there's usually a shadow cast.

Were these seats that were replaced because they were broken somehow?

Tynecastle-.jpg

No need to replace. There are various renovation methods available for faded plastic stadium seating.   Need to adopt Fade Management Solutions.

I don't buy the sun fading myth. Why is it only certain seats and some are near the top where there's usually a shadow cast.

It's not a myth - it's a fact.

Lucille's Thirsty

Tynecastle-.jpg

Regarding the roseburn stand seats we have replaced the lower tier of seats at the wheatfield side and the main stand side and you can see the difference,little subtle changes makes such a difference IMO.

New concourse?

New toilets?

Better Food Choices?

Painting of the other three stand trusses?

Subtle changes that'll make a difference,we deserve it we put money into our club and to me not getting all that much in return for that I know we go to football to watch matches and I know we're not the richest club in the world,I want Tynie to be the best it can be along with other Jambos.

No mate, the weight of the stand itself, the seats, concrete, the main building with the glass front etc, will all be taken by the foundations. The truss is only there to hang the stand roof from.

This is correct

A new steelwork frame is being built out at the rear of the stand to support the new concrete floor slabs, roof and glazed fa?ade.

Regarding the roseburn stand seats we have replaced the lower tier of seats at the wheatfield side and the main stand side and you can see the difference,little subtle changes makes such a difference IMO.

New concourse?

New toilets?

Better Food Choices?

Painting of the other three stand trusses?

Subtle changes that'll make a difference,we deserve it we put money into our club and to me not getting all that much in return for that I know we go to football to watch matches and I know we're not the richest club in the world,I want Tynie to be the best it can be along with other Jambos.

Eh?  We're getting a new main stand costing ?12m.

I sit in the Wheatfield and would appreciate better food choices, re-furbed toilets, coat of paint, etc, however I accept that all the FoH money and other revenues are going to the budget for the new stand. Once complete and paid for, I am sure Budge/FoH will spend some money on tarting up the rest of the stadium.

It's not a myth - it's a fact.

Fair enough. Did only some get replaced in the past? Or have ones that been replaced been put in when seats elsewhere in the ground got replaced and the faded ones are the oldest?

Lucille's Thirsty

Eh? We're getting a new main stand costing ?12m.

I sit in the Wheatfield and would appreciate better food choices, re-furbed toilets, coat of paint, etc, however I accept that all the FoH money and other revenues are going to the budget for the new stand. Once complete and paid for, I am sure Budge/FoH will spend some money on tarting up the rest of the stadium.

Oh yeh I forgot we're getting a new main stand.

Lucille's Thirsty

I don't buy the sun fading myth. Why is it only certain seats and some are near the top where there's usually a shadow cast.

:lol:

I've got to be honest here I thought that the roseburn seats were all mismatched was because the away fans kept breaking them and we just replaced the broken ones with whatever we had lying around.

I had no idea that the sun was involved but that's what makes them all discoloured.

Stephen Muddie

That was my thought - but just from looking at that last set of pics, the framework looks like its very much 'within' the truss for want of a better phrase. By the time you extend the next section on to whats there already, I don't see how it'll be able to just be lifted clear of the frame without the frame getting in the way?

That said, I don't suppose it would be too much of a job to take the weight of the truss and cut the frames out.

The jig will be collapsible I'd guess. Bolt apart

I hope we have security in place on Saturday as it wouldn't surprise me if Lochenders tried to destroy or vandalise the truss.

Edited by Cesny

:lol:

I've got to be honest here I thought that the roseburn seats were all mismatched was because the away fans kept breaking them and we just replaced the broken ones with whatever we had lying around.

I had no idea that the sun was involved but that's what makes them all discoloured.

Picked this up on the internet -

"Under most circumstances, red fades the fastest of all visible colours. Short wavelength light such as blue and violet has greater energy than lower wavelength light, and red has the longest wavelength of any visible colours. Red objects reflect red light but absorb harmful, energy rich short wavelength light"

Maroon is in the red range of colours

RudolfTheKing51

Looking at the sectional view, the front part of the stand will have a 28degree gradient. The top part has the 32 degree gradient. Also it looks like fans can exit from the top and take the stairs all the way down to the bottom. This could avoid alot of queuing inside the stand and make it a bit more like fester road where u party in the stairs.

Lucille's Thirsty

Be nice to see the Truss supports in white as well. Pink is awful.

You've nailed it mate who's idea was that maybe they thought it's close to maroon so that'll do.

Amateurs.

Looking at the sectional view, the front part of the stand will have a 28degree gradient. The top part has the 32 degree gradient. Also it looks like fans can exit from the top and take the stairs all the way down to the bottom. This could avoid alot of queuing inside the stand and make it a bit more like fester road where u party in the stairs.

:bravo: