New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Fultons Right Leg

Words cant express how much I love seeing these pics. Its like all the things I love (football, cranes, engineering) rolled into one. Throw in some t*ts and my wee heart wont be able to take it!

avhudtheteeshirt

...and whilst I'm down here, I though our overseas posters might like to see a wee picture of Robbos this morning...

985038033bd115da5376ae3308a891a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that Charlie or Craig Reid from the Proclaimers along for a wee look at the Old Stand. 

Or is he singing Robbo's no more?

The Natural Order

Looks like most of the bottom sections are already slotted in place. Good progress in the last couple hours!

2 of the 4 bottom sections were in place. Mind you, that was at about half one so more could well have been done. I'll be popping along tomorrow so I'm hoping some more progress.

Words cant express how much I love seeing these pics. Its like all the things I love (football, cranes, engineering) rolled into one. Throw in some t*ts and my wee heart wont be able to take it!

If you insist.....

the-proclaimers-857975786.jpg

scott herbertson

Not the best picture but attachicon.gifIMG_2623.JPG

Looks like Greenginger was right all along and we've hired a bunch of cowboys - can they not even hold the plans the right way up!?

:uhoh2:

...and whilst I'm down here, I though our overseas posters might like to see a wee picture of Robbos this morning...

I think Robbo should buy it & turn it into a John Robertson museum with all his goals against hibs being played on a loop.

Almost wish we could go in together as JKB and buy it as a fans pub.

But then it'd be guaranteed to be filled with arseholes...

If you insist.....

What do you call a woman with three ******s? Mrs Reid.

the-proclaimers-857975786.jpg

All roads lead to Gorgie

It would be just like the old place then plus the bouncers wouldn't get a minutes rest :toilet: 

The Natural Order

The club should buy it.

Stephen Muddie

Thats true. I'm all for this idea. Keep the arseholes who take the Internet seriously away from those of us who remember to change our underpants

Stephen Muddie

What are those guys on the scaffolding doing?

Painting?

Drilling holes for the truss etc?

Erection fans

What are those guys on the scaffolding doing?

Painting?

Drilling holes for the truss etc?

Presumably they're putting the scaffolding up so folk can guide the truss in place off the crane then bolt it etc. Don't think any modification is needed for the truss to be put in place, as it was included in the original design for the other three stands?

Sexton Hardcastle

Apparently it was cut into pieces which were planted all over Edinburgh to produce more trees

But maybe it went to live on a farm

Like what happened with William Wallace.

What will be the gradient/rake of the main stand?

Think I read somewhere (here probably) it won't be as steep as the existing three stands. Is that down to building regulations or because it's got more rows in it?

Think I read somewhere (here probably) it won't be as steep as the existing three stands. Is that down to building regulations or because it's got more rows in it?

Bit of both. Can't build that steep, but a slightly more shallow gradient means more seats for the same height as the other stands. Wheatfield has 30 rows, new main will have 37.

jamboinglasgow

Drove past Tynecastle this evening as I was in Edinburgh and it was only a few minute detour. I would say the height of the Truss took me back, its massive. Dont think the photos will do it justice. 

Does look mahoosive when you see it against the backdrop of the old stand behind it!!!

Exciting times :)

In my head they were going to assemble the whole thing together in to one piece on the ground and lift it in to place - but having seen how the pieces are sitting in the frame / jig that's obviously not going to be possible.

So how are they going to do this?

Lift the pieces off the frame to attach them together before lifting them in to place?

Lift the pieces in to place on by one?

Or are they able to build it around the frame and essentially cut the frame out the way when they are ready to lift it all up?

Interesting to see it coming together - love all this kinda stuff :)

Does look mahoosive when you see it against the backdrop of the old stand behind it!!!

Exciting times :)

In my head they were going to assemble the whole thing together in to one piece on the ground and lift it in to place - but having seen how the pieces are sitting in the frame / jig that's obviously not going to be possible.

So how are they going to do this?

Lift the pieces off the frame to attach them together before lifting them in to place?

Lift the pieces in to place on by one?

Or are they able to build it around the frame and essentially cut the frame out the way when they are ready to lift it all up?

Interesting to see it coming together - love all this kinda stuff :)

I'm guessing it's gonny be constructed at ground level, and then once done a crane (or cranes) will take the weight of it whilst the frames are removed. Then it'll be lifted up into place.

...just my tuppenceworth anyway. I could be wrong.

I'm guessing it's gonny be constructed at ground level, and then once done a crane (or cranes) will take the weight of it whilst the frames are removed. Then it'll be lifted up into place.

Yes that seems like plan to me .Maybe they have some other cunning plan though .Loving watching it.

Was down there an hour ago, the section that is on the support looks like it dwarves the Main Stand from McLeod Street but that is a deceiving view.

Couldn't take photos from my usual vantage point as some taxi driver abused his license plate and illegally parked (what's new) on the pavement (pedestrian).

That was my thought - but just from looking at that last set of pics, the framework looks like its very much 'within' the truss for want of a better phrase. By the time you extend the next section on to whats there already, I don't see how it'll be able to just be lifted clear of the frame without the frame getting in the way?

That said, I don't suppose it would be too much of a job to take the weight of the truss and cut the frames out.

It's great to see the progress ? thanks to all who have shared images. If I manage to get down anytime, I'll chip in too.

That was my thought - but just from looking at that last set of pics, the framework looks like its very much 'within' the truss for want of a better phrase. By the time you extend the next section on to whats there already, I don't see how it'll be able to just be lifted clear of the frame without the frame getting in the way?

That said, I don't suppose it would be too much of a job to take the weight of the truss and cut the frames out

My guess is once the truss is initially suspended by the cranes, they'll disassemble the frames in the reverse process of how they were put together. ie. they're made of separate parts, attached at the joints. Tynecastle is going to be an absolute fortress, at least in appearance!

Does anyone have a link to all the architectural plans?

Ive got the full set courtesy of a friend... they're being kept "In the room" .  ;)

Edited by dannymack

Was down there an hour ago, the section that is on the support looks like it dwarves the Main Stand from McLeod Street but that is a deceiving view.

Couldn't take photos from my usual vantage point as some taxi driver abused his license plate and illegally parked (what's new) on the pavement (pedestrian).

Should've just asked and id have moved. I was there for literally two minutes whilst I took the above vids. Didn't realise that was the single vantage point on McLeod Street.

Hope it hasn't ruined your day ffs

Nor really important in the scheme of things but would like to see the look on the faces of twats like Greenminger, Vagillions and SirGay if they are at the game on Saturday.

They said it would never happen.

Open yer eyes and see for yourselves ya trumpets.

Roond ye.

Would love to have seen the cranes hoist the truss up into position during the first half :)

Looks massive.

I guess with the new stand holding over 7000 and will have function suites and large floor space it'll need to be much larger.

New Main Stand will have a 32 degree incline instead of 34 (as per the other three). But the fans will be closer to the pitch than the current stand, especially the first ten rows.

ab113d9ada62daf75b0d9230e082c704e7baaab4

New Main Stand will have a 32 degree incline instead of 34 (as per the other three). But the fans will be closer to the pitch than the current stand, especially the first ten rows.

ab113d9ada62daf75b0d9230e082c704e7baaab4

Excuse my ignorance here Bill, but gonny explain that last part again, the bit about the first ten rows? Because I'm sitting here wondering how someone in row 10 of the new stand can be closer to the pitch than someone in say row 10 of the Wheatfield (given the steeper incline of the Wheatfield). Am I missing something obvious here?

Another wee update. The truss is beginning to take shape on its frame. As jamboinglasgow says, it's gonny be massive when it's fully put together. These vids and pic were taken minutes ago...

https://vimeo.com/200145677

9c39a0ab4c9621e4dc721672958619f7.jpg

https://vimeo.com/200145788

As the actress said to the bishop; it looks massive.

Are you sure that this isn't a piece of the new forth crossing?

Looks massive.

I guess with the new stand holding over 7000 and will have function suites and large floor space it'll need to be much larger.

Don't think the truss will be any bigger than the Wheatfield