New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Scnorthedinburgh
6 minutes ago, redm said:

I suppose that seems fair enough. I like to think a quality mural would have no adverse effect but you can understand why it might worry the residents a little. I think it would be wonderful but then it's not my property or my money. 

Hopefully they'll manage to iron out any issues - it would be great if it could go ahead. Would brighten up a dour looking gable end very nicely.

I was very happy it is still on the drawing board and talks are on going.

No bad mouthing of hearts or Anne, just normal folk with a house and mortgage.

And by the sound of it, it would look much much better than a painted wall.

durhamhearts

Having used the new main stand only a few times now Hospitality in March and the ICT and Cowdenbeath games, can I say the facilities are fantastic plenty kiosks selling a wider selection of foodstuffs, brand new toilets, Hospitality lounges, fans bar even down to the modern turnstiles. I'm sure AB stated that this would all be replicated in the other 3 stands I know Rome wasn't built in a day but does anyone have an update as to when the other 3 stands are getting refurbished and new turnstiles installed, or has this part been shelved due to costs for the main stand.

Jambof3tornado

Slight dig at the new stand here. Noticed at the inverness match that wheelchair users struggle to get by each other.  Several times one chap had to turn his wheelchair side on to the pitch to let other by him. How on earth did the club fail to get this right?

As I'm normally in the wheatfield lower its not something I'd noticed before but has it been raised before as an issue?

Other than that I was impressed with the stand.

Back to the cheap seats for celtic!!!

17 minutes ago, durhamhearts said:

Having used the new main stand only a few times now Hospitality in March and the ICT and Cowdenbeath games, can I say the facilities are fantastic plenty kiosks selling a wider selection of foodstuffs, brand new toilets, Hospitality lounges, fans bar even down to the modern turnstiles. I'm sure AB stated that this would all be replicated in the other 3 stands I know Rome wasn't built in a day but does anyone have an update as to when the other 3 stands are getting refurbished and new turnstiles installed, or has this part been shelved due to costs for the main stand.

Kiosks in two other stands have already been refurbished.

Buffalo Bill

I’m sure I read that the mural won’t be specifically ‘Hearts’ related but more ‘Gorgie’. I also wonder when the trees will arrive? 

Edited by Buffalo Bill

1 hour ago, redm said:

I suppose that seems fair enough. I like to think a quality mural would have no adverse effect but you can understand why it might worry the residents a little. I think it would be wonderful but then it's not my property or my money. 

Hopefully they'll manage to iron out any issues - it would be great if it could go ahead. Would brighten up a dour looking gable end very nicely.

Maybe Hearts would have to be legally responsible for upkeep of wall

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I’m sure I read that the mural won’t be specifically ‘Hearts’ related but more ‘Gorgie’. I also wonder when the trees will arrive? 

Gorgie Rules in big bold letters plz. Big enough so you can see it from the train.

Forza Cuore
28 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Gorgie Rules in big bold letters plz. Big enough so you can see it from space.

FTFY

Edited by Forza Cuore

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Slight dig at the new stand here. Noticed at the inverness match that wheelchair users struggle to get by each other.  Several times one chap had to turn his wheelchair side on to the pitch to let other by him. How on earth did the club fail to get this right?

As I'm normally in the wheatfield lower its not something I'd noticed before but has it been raised before as an issue?

Other than that I was impressed with the stand.

Back to the cheap seats for celtic!!!

Because of the dugouts, lower R stair takes you directly in front of a couple wheelchair spaces, not a great spot for someone to be in.

I've assumed the pitch side concourse is the same depth as the other stands, that not the case?

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, kila said:

Because of the dugouts, lower R stair takes you directly in front of a couple wheelchair spaces, not a great spot for someone to be in.

I've assumed the pitch side concourse is the same depth as the other stands, that not the case?

Think it was lower R. Seems more room over in the wheatfield. Just an observation as both my brother and I have dealings with wc users through work and felt it was a bit of a let down by the club.

3 hours ago, Homme said:

Just paint the end white, project onto it and show classic hearts matches / goals before KO. Possibly beam back big games and have the plaza as a viewing area - if we were allowed of course. 

I do like that idea a lot. Especially if the plaza is used for the odd food stall or other vendors. Would look great at night games. 

5 hours ago, neonjambo said:

The issue with any type of membership to a bar is that it is a great way to generate early income, however if for whatever reason the team stop producing on the park, then your clientele buggers off and you are now left in a situation where no one is coming and you can't promote it again due to failures on the park.

You also alienate the rest of the support who may just want to drop by for a pint after the match, these people in my opinion are more valuable than a 200 pound membership.

Owned 3 bars over here so I know a little about the business.

Have to agree with this 

50 pissed off punters with memberships drinking up at McCowans alienates 50 walk by customers 

Its a pub no a Gym 

Libertarian
5 hours ago, Gershwin said:

I'm obviously not sure it's plausible but could they not create a tented seating area outside the new bar to temporarily increase the capacity on match days?

What about January and February? Could be a danger of hypothermia. I suppose we could replace the tent with a giant igloo!    ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
23 hours ago, The Natural Order said:

My guess is the problem with the mural is that they presumed they could just do it and not thought to seek the agreement of property owners in that block. Only takes a few non Hearts fans to block it.

Just send some boys over from Belfast with a few paint pots. Job done.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Just send some boys over from Belfast with a few paint pots. Job done.

I don't think a Dutch king on a Grey horse is what the club had in mind:whistling:

Mid Calder Jambo
16 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I do like that idea a lot. Especially if the plaza is used for the odd food stall or other vendors. Would look great at night games. 

We could have the guys selling roast chickens like they had in Prague

The Natural Order
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I don't think a Dutch king on a Grey horse is what the club had in mind:whistling:

A giant chicken supper then? (Done for ra cellic game if possible).

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

A giant chicken supper then? (Done for ra cellic game if possible).

No idea what you mean:whistling:.

6 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

We could have the guys selling roast chickens like they had in Prague

Remember it well.quite a novelty having fresh roast chicken and bread with a cold beer.only downside it was a bit difficult eating hot chicken without a fork.great memories.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
5 minutes ago, Dunks said:

View from the studio :thumbsup:

image.thumb.png.632c2c6ac3b41e9cc4dda47d891b55aa.png

What a view!  Great pic, thanks.

13 minutes ago, Dunks said:

View from the studio :thumbsup:

image.thumb.png.632c2c6ac3b41e9cc4dda47d891b55aa.png

Dunks were you at the plot ceremony yesterday with the wee lad in photo? 

6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Dunks were you at the plot ceremony yesterday with the wee lad in photo? 

Yip :thumbsup:

His highlights were meeting Uche, sliding full tilt across the pitch and taking a 'penalty' at the Roseburn end and celebrating in front of the away fans :D

Not to mention his Beattie :laugh:

image.png.c78977506ef68d7b35d214d81ca47f8f.png

Benny Factor
On 11/08/2018 at 11:27, farin said:

Queue at the bars quite big. Lovely sunny day here though. 

BFB5ABB9-2C9A-495D-9A16-9215B1B2D04D.jpeg

The fact that it was an 11am opening for a 12pm kick-off meant everyone was heading straight to the bar at the same time. I got in about 11.05 and the queue was massive already. Another half an hour and later you were able to go straight up and get served right away.

25 minutes ago, Dunks said:

His highlights were meeting Uche, sliding full tilt across the pitch and taking a 'penalty' at the Roseburn end and celebrating in front of the away fans :D

Great. He looked so excited. 

Benny Factor
1 hour ago, Cyril Sneer said:

The fact that it was an 11am opening for a 12pm kick-off meant everyone was heading straight to the bar at the same time. I got in about 11.05 and the queue was massive already. Another half an hour and later you were able to go straight up and get served right away.

Meant to say 12.30pm... d'oh!

Still think the windows are a waste of time and they should just stick screens behind them. To lose capacity because they (Sky?) want an actual window is crazy...

At the point now with tech that you can't even tell if the TV studios are green screened or whatever

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Still think the windows are a waste of time and they should just stick screens behind them. To lose capacity because they (Sky?) want an actual window is crazy...

At the point now with tech that you can't even tell if the TV studios are green screened or whatever

Screens showing what?

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Screens showing what?

The same view! A camera in the stand aiming out towards the pitch in very the same angle/position as the window is, and that is used as the backdrop for the studio. TV studio could be anywhere.

Enforcing a window to me is pedantic.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

The same view! A camera in the stand aiming out towards the pitch in very the same angle/position as the window is, and that is used as the backdrop for the studio. TV studio could be anywhere.

Enforcing a window to me is pedantic.

You not seeing the obvious flaw in this idea?

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Enlighten me

The seats weren't lost due to the building of the studio. It's to avoid having fans sat right outside it in view of the cameras. Potentially being naughty.

A camera would have the same problem.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

The seats weren't lost due to the building of the studio. It's to avoid having fans sat right outside it in view of the cameras. Potentially being naughty.

Camera could be placed in the corner of one of the pylons... all they want is a backdrop of the pitch/stadium

Silvery_Moon
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I  wonder if we could have seats there for all matches when the tv studio isn't being used? 

The White Cockade

anybody been in Strongbow Legends Lounge?

Thinking of bringing the boy over for our annual match

Is it decent?

Do you get decent seats?

2 hours ago, Dunks said:

We were at A War of Two Halves and were in the Wheatfield. Hearts were breaking upfield to score in 1914. when the wee lad ran from the halfway line to the goal.A magical moment.

58 minutes ago, systemx said:

We were at A War of Two Halves and were in the Wheatfield. Hearts were breaking upfield to score in 1914. when the wee lad ran from the halfway line to the goal.A magical moment.

Was at the show as well, the wee man's timing was immaculate, completely in tune with the recording, certainly brought as smile to my face. 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

I'd imagine the pundits would also prefer to be able to see everything that's going on at the game, not just what the cameras are picking up.

Some screen shots (thanks to the wonderful Hambone) showing the views from the new studio. Got to say, Tynecastle looks brilliant here from the new higher viewpoint.  ??

56B63446-F404-462B-A5CA-AB1E3D178125.png

D8B8A996-FAEF-4350-A27D-CE73A4B56908.png

4889B56E-E8BE-4153-A751-74CB38D50A7E.png

B9F757C6-AD5A-489E-8D5B-94EEF25BBA4E.png

2 hours ago, systemx said:

1 hour ago, Jerah Jambo said:

Was at the show as well, the wee man's timing was immaculate, completely in tune with the recording, certainly brought as smile to my face. 

I was actually a wee bit uncomfortable being on the pitch during the performance, so appreciate these messages. Wee guy is totally made up at hearing this too :thumbsup:

Portable Badger
On 09/08/2018 at 09:58, redm said:

0_street_views_-_north_junction_street_0

0_street_views_-_north_junction_street_0

This is the one I see most often. It's right next to the Thomas Morton Hall, Leith Theatre and the library. I like it.

Not a fan of murals - rather just have a huge club badge if something has to be painted.

3 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Not a fan of murals - rather just have a huge club badge if something has to be painted.

That wont be happening. 

8 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

That sounds extremely tacky.

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

That wont be happening. 

I know.   I know I'm probably in the minority not liking murals but I'm not going to lose any sleep if one is painted.

:thumbsup: