New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

10 hours ago, Cade said:

The hibs newest stand was thrown up in a rush because planning permission for the land behind it was lapsing and the developers of the flats that surround fester road had expressed a serious desire to buy that plot of land.

The vermin scraped up as much as they could and bought the cheapest, most basic meccano-set stand they could afford. I believe the final bill came in at under £5mil

It was well under £5mil, it was £1.5mil

3 hours ago, RussAsia said:

It's looking good.. Is there any possibility to move the Kilmarnock game back to Tynecastle if we can get all the checks done.. surely we can fit everyone in. 

It looks like it could be ready in a couple of weeks for sure..

No.

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, RussAsia said:

It's looking good.. Is there any possibility to move the Kilmarnock game back to Tynecastle if we can get all the checks done.. surely we can fit everyone in. 

It looks like it could be ready in a couple of weeks for sure..

Logistics not your strong point then?

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

13 hours ago, CBjambo said:

Was looking at the hubz new stand... even half finished our new main stand is far more impressive. 

Just sayin.

I need a pair of those rose tinters.

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The section behind isn't off-centre!

I never said it was.

I meant that, because the tunnel is off-centre, it makes the dug outs off centre and that means they do not align with the seats behind. The left side of the dugouts joins nicely with the edge of the centre blocks but the right side extends beyond that block, and beyond the spectator exit.

I'm sure I can live with it :wink:

Was walking past this morning at aff 8 and already lots of activity, sure I even seen Ann helping with fitting doors at the front!! Looking super and will be worth the wait I’m sure

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I never said it was.

I meant that, because the tunnel is off-centre, it makes the dug outs off centre and that means they do not align with the seats behind. The left side of the dugouts joins nicely with the edge of the centre blocks but the right side extends beyond that block, and beyond the spectator exit.

I'm sure I can live with it :wink:

Sorry, I thought you were questioning why the right side of the dugouts doesn't align with the upper section, rather than just mentioning it. My apologies!

It's probably the one thing about the pitch-side aspect of the stand that doesn't look absolutely spot on. 

4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Sorry, I thought you were questioning why the right side of the dugouts doesn't align with the upper section, rather than just mentioning it. My apologies!

It's probably the one thing about the pitch-side aspect of the stand that doesn't look absolutely spot on. 

I won't even see it from my seat and I have no idea if this is the same at easter road, parkhead or any other ground.

I just can't unsee it :biggrin:

When it's full, it will be magnificent and noisy. That's all that matters.

15 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

But surely it's the Premium seating area that is not wide enough? The dug outs will have been designed to a specified size based on other similar stadia i would imagine. The premium seating area is not wide enough to match the width of both dugouts and the tunnel. Again the size of that area will have been based on expected demand. The stand will look superb when finished and hopefully will make Tynecastle our 12th man during home games.

I presume the tunnel being off-centre allows the home dugout to sit on half-way line, in prime position for both halves of play.

I like symmetry and all, but I'm happy with a-symmetry if it helps the team win more home games. 

Just now, Hearts_fan said:

I presume the tunnel being off-centre allows the home dugout to sit on half-way line, in prime position for both halves of play.

I like symmetry and all, but I'm happy with a-symmetry if it helps the team win more home games. 

I'm also guessing the home changing facilities are bigger and better, plus, like you say, the bench is better placed to keep the away dugout away from the linesman.

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I'm also guessing the home changing facilities are bigger and better, plus, like you say, the bench is better placed to keep the away dugout away from the linesman.

Both changing rooms are the same size but the home one has a warm up room off it

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But surely it's the Premium seating area that is not wide enough? The dug outs will have been designed to a specified size based on other similar stadia i would imagine. The premium seating area is not wide enough to match the width of both dugouts and the tunnel. Again the size of that area will have been based on expected demand. The stand will look superb when finished and hopefully will make Tynecastle our 12th man during home games.

Eh?

20 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

That's a very good point which I hadn't considered!

15 hours ago, Tazio said:

I think you need a compass for Christmas. The east is the newest one, the west is their main stand.

Correct, although it's not really a valid comparison between the most recently-built stand at Easter Road and the new main stand under construction at Tynecastle as they're not 'like for like'. As somebody else has pointed out, Hibs' East Stand doesn't house any corporate facilities and cost (as far as I know) approximately £6 million. Think we're looking now at an  approximate £15 million spend on the main stand at Tynecastle? I don't know what the main stand at Easter Road cost but it was built nearly 20 years ago so I'd hazard a guess that it cost about half of what the new stand at Tynecastle will come in at.

Edited by Mellor

Any spare seats we have can be given to the Vermin to replace the damaged and broken ones from Tuesdays defeat. 

Some folks took the defeat badly and wreck a few.

Seymour M Hersh
23 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Any spare seats we have can be given to the Vermin to replace the damaged and broken ones from Tuesdays defeat. 

Some folks took the defeat badly and wreck a few.

As much as the result angered me it angers me more that some of our knuckle dragging support do this as HMFC will have to pay for the repairs. Braindead fukwits.

6 minutes ago, BeardyBanana said:

Just made a quick Image of the Stand with a Badge on the Trussing to see how it would look...

TynecastleTrussBadge.gif

Not for me. Not sure that there is any need for it on the pitchside. The one in the mock-up would be absolutely huge, yet a more realistic size would look a bit silly too, I think.

17 minutes ago, BeardyBanana said:

Just made a quick Image of the Stand with a Badge on the Trussing to see how it would look...

TynecastleTrussBadge.gif

Quite like the idea - but that would be faaaaaaaaar too big - its basically the same size as the ones in the seats!

Would need to be significantly smaller than that.

28 minutes ago, BeardyBanana said:

TynecastleTrussBadge.gif

Looks ****ing horrible (even if smaller) no thanks I prefer the uniformity.

Edited by Jamboelite

2 badges in the seats of all 4 stands

Big badge on the front

Massive brickwork badge on the plaza

Badges on all of our scarves and gloves and hats and replica kits

Not enough for some folks

Edited by Cade

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

2 badges in the seats of all 4 stands

Big badge on the front

Massive brickwork badge on the plaza

Badges on all of our scarves and gloves and hats and replica kits

Not enough for some folks

Main Stand always had a badge above the tunnel.. Was simply an idea for something a bit different.. wasn't as if I said this is a must, simply an idea with some poor photoshop skills

8 minutes ago, BeardyBanana said:

Main Stand always had a badge above the tunnel.. Was simply an idea for something a bit different.. wasn't as if I said this is a must, simply an idea with some poor photoshop skills

I'd imagine it's likely there will be one above the new tunnel. 

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd imagine it's likely there will be one above the new tunnel. 

Agreed, I hope so anyway.. Always liked having the Badge above the tunnel

7 minutes ago, BeardyBanana said:

Good idea if you ask me.

The badges on the seats are only visible when empty.

Maybe everyones still pissed of mate.

Id have the badge on the centre circle aswell.

Haha yeeeeeesssss.

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As much as the result angered me it angers me more that some of our knuckle dragging support do this as HMFC will have to pay for the repairs. Braindead fukwits.

Unsure if still the case, but used to be an agreement that we wouldn’t give each other money as the cost was about the same for fixing each other’s after a fixture, so cover own costs. 

23 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Unsure if still the case, but used to be an agreement that we wouldn’t give each other money as the cost was about the same for fixing each other’s after a fixture, so cover own costs. 

Swings and roundabouts then. We're paying for it.

I drove down McLeod street last night and the stand looks pretty immense. The photos don’t do it justice at all. I thinks it’s due to the fact you can’t get the whole stand in to one photo. When it’s broken up in to 2 or 3 different photos I can totally see why folk think it’s less than impressive.

3 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I drove down McLeod street last night and the stand looks pretty immense. The photos don’t do it justice at all. I thinks it’s due to the fact you can’t get the whole stand in to one photo. When it’s broken up in to 2 or 3 different photos I can totally see why folk think it’s less than impressive.

Agree

20171026_103416_resized(1).jpg

Anyone know when the mains power is to be connected? Can't be far away surely.

Also would have thought they'd be able to remove the site containers out front and use space inside instead.

2 hours ago, BeardyBanana said:

TynecastleTrussBadge.gif

Bas move just doesn't suit

15 hours ago, Mellor said:

Not sure what you mean by that. The other three stands at Tynecastle were built over several years in the mid-90s while the new main stand is under construction some 20 years later. It would seem fair to say the stadium has also been pieced together 'over time'.

As for Pittodrie and Dens, I think they both still retain their original main stands and the 'stands' opposite the main stands are similar to what the East stand at Easter Road was like (ie just seats bolted onto the terracing with a roof covering). As far as I'm aware Easter Road is the only four-sided top flight stadium to have been completely rebuilt on its original site (and will be followed by Tynecastle once the main stand is finished). Ibrox, Celtic Park and Rugby Park come close, but their main stands are modified versions of the originals. McDiarmid Park was a completely new stadium, replacing the now demolished Muirton Park.

Yes they were built over time but he meant how it's going to appear. In another 20 years it won't look like they were all built at different times (yes we know technically they were mr smarty pants). We have the benefit of the consistency of the truss supports which give the stadium a proper "complete" look and feel, and not just 4 random standalone structures plopped around a field. 

Once all is said and done there's no way anyone will be able to look at this, who doesn't know otherwise, and think it looks like it was built randomly over time. 

zRYUzUz.jpg

34 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

Yes they were built over time but he meant how it's going to appear. In another 20 years it won't look like they were all built at different times (yes we know technically they were mr smarty pants). We have the benefit of the consistency of the truss supports which give the stadium a proper "complete" look and feel, and not just 4 random standalone structures plopped around a field. 

Once all is said and done there's no way anyone will be able to look at this, who doesn't know otherwise, and think it looks like it was built randomly over time. 

zRYUzUz.jpg

Absolute behemoth of a stadium.

The trees behind Gorgie Stand appear to be so large now that they'd block more light to the flats than the stand itself, which I understand was why the top-left corner was built in the way it is. 

I see no reason not to extend that corner now to the height of the trees!

Unless the camera lies – is it an optical illusion? Are the trees tiny?

2 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

The trees behind Gorgie Stand appear to be so large now that they'd block more light to the flats than the stand itself, which I understand was why the top-left corner was built in the way it is. 

It looks great - a proper stadium in the heart of Gorgie.

Obviously this would cost money but not sure how cost effective it would be to sort out that top left hand corner. Perhaps the only scope for expansion there is rebuild the Gorgie Stand to curve along in line with the tenements behind it, although it would look a bit strange (and I'm not sure it would add that many sets).

5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Eh?

Just as it says. Read it again. People saying the dug outs don't line up with the exit staircase. It's the Premium seating that's out of alignment not the dug outs. 

5 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

That's a very good point which I hadn't considered!

Crabs Lazio swapped which dug out we and the away team were situated so he could try and influence the assistant referee.

21 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Noticed that too. It definitely was the reason for the drop in the roof. By my napkin calculations, we're missing 132 potential seats from the lowered section, so it's more than just a cosmetic change. I just can't imagine it's as easy as we'd hope to pull off, nor worth the headache of the planning applications and construction. If at the end of this we fall short of the 20k then it's definitely a "quick win" to get it over and above that. 

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just as it says. Read it again. People saying the dug outs don't line up with the exit staircase. It's the Premium seating that's out of alignment not the dug outs. 

It's the dugouts that are out of alignment. They're lined up with the tunnel, which is off-centre. The Premium section is the same width as the others, it just has less seats per row for extra space (25 v 28). You can see clearly that the lower part of R is smaller than the lower part of Q. Nothing to do with the Premium seating. If the tunnel was on the half way line these sections would be the same size. 

45 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Errr... no it isn't!