New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

PhoenixHearts
10 minutes ago, kila said:

Will look similar to the King Power stadium

skysports-leicester-king-power_3959040.j

We should definitely get a big Hearts badge cut into our grass for the full opening of the stand.

Are we allowed? If not for games, we could at least have it down for some publicity shots of the new stand.

Jambo, Goodbye
8 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Shouldn’t play any havoc. The tunnel hasn’t been central to the stand for years. 

That's true, I've already forgotten how noticeable it was in the auld stand other than looking at the halfway line. 

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

We should definitely get a big Hearts badge cut into our grass for the full opening of the stand.

Are we allowed? If not for games, we could at least have it down for some publicity shots of the new stand.

We were pulled up by Farry at the SFA for doing it previously 

14 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Shouldn’t play any havoc. The tunnel hasn’t been central to the stand for years. 

Indeed. The mild OCD has largely ignored the moving about of the tunnel over the decades to way off to the left to slightly to the right, looking across from the shed/ Wheatfield.

Apologies to anyone with FO OCD who may have logged off in a state.

1 hour ago, kila said:

Will look similar to the King Power stadium

skysports-leicester-king-power_3959040.j

Well no, because the stairs align with the dugouts (they run up the side and continue their way up the stand) and it is just the tunnel that is out of line (although it aligns with the entrance to the Director's Box at the back of the stand.

It isn't our tunnel that is off-centre, it is the whole dugout set-up (or Director's seating)

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The central section is supposed to be only 25 seats wide instead of 28 elsewhere, so there would be room for partitioning to keep them away from the riff-raff.

They'll need it if we continue to perform like last night.

Was looking at the hubz new stand... even half finished our new main stand is far more impressive. 

Just sayin.

This has nothing to do with a dig at Hearts in any way, just a genuine question.

How long did the Hibs stand take to build? Its a heap of absolute shite like so i fully expect ours to take longer but just wondered the timescale.

8 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

This has nothing to do with a dig at Hearts in any way, just a genuine question.

How long did the Hibs stand take to build? Its a heap of absolute shite like so i fully expect ours to take longer but just wondered the timescale.

Depends which stand ? Isnt their corporate facilities behind the goals or are they in the main lego brick ? I cant imagine for a similar build they had it up as quick or quicker.

On 24/10/2017 at 17:25, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Glad the padded seats are here was worried the prawn sannies brigade would get sores slumming it on hard plastic.?

Have they ? Isnt that the missing section in the middle.

21 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Depends which stand ? Isnt their corporate facilities behind the goals or are they in the main lego brick ? I cant imagine for a similar build they had it up as quick or quicker.

The newest one. 

So, im going to ask it... 

Has anyone got a rough idea what the capacity of the stand is? Ball park figure. Judging by the pics. ( Workig off the principle that Ann said they wouldnt know until seating was nearly completed for an accurate estimate)

Sincere apologies if this has been covered, im aware some of you are on repeat mode for most of the day to guys like me.

Edited by Heidthebaw

1 hour ago, CBjambo said:

Was looking at the hubz new stand... even half finished our new main stand is far more impressive. 

Just sayin.

Anyone notice last night that the concrete on the steps in the top tier were 'flaking*' pretty badly.

No idea what the technical term is for concrete that was coming away.  Not chunks but certainly bug enough to cut someone's head if you had chucked.  Sort of slate thickness.

11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Anyone notice last night that the concrete on the steps in the top tier were 'flaking*' pretty badly.

No idea what the technical term is for concrete that was coming away.  Not chunks but certainly bug enough to cut someone's head if you had chucked.  Sort of slate thickness.

Concrete cancer is a thing, quite unusual though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkali–silica_reaction#Treatment

45 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

The newest one. 

Not long. The old shed was knocked down towards the end of the previous season (see the game we won at ER with a late Obua goal) and the new stand was ready for the start of the next season, 2010/11. 

But their East Stand was deliberately built to be as basic as it gets: just a seats, bogs and a few pie stands. All the hospitality stuff is elsewhere.

Just now, Buffalo Bill said:

Not long. The old shed was knocked down towards the end of the previous season (see the game we won at ER with a late Obua goal) and the new stand was ready for the start of the next season, 2010/11. 

But their East Stand was deliberately built to be as basic as it gets: just a seats, bogs and a few pie stands. All the hospitality stuff is elsewhere.

Also the old East "Stand" must have taken about a day to clear off the site. 

56 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

The newest one. 

Their main stand isn't their newest one. 

The newest one is the west stand which as BB said is just a basic structure. Even less basic than the Wheatfield and Roseburn stands, as the concourse is on ground level. Well as level as the ground is at Easter Road...

For comparison you should be looking at their East stand. 

I've no idea how long it took to build. 

Just now, SUTOL said:

The newest one is the west stand which as BB said is just a basic structure. Even less basic than the Wheatfield and Roseburn stands, as the concourse is on ground level. Well as level as the ground is at Easter Road...

I think you need a compass for Christmas. The east is the newest one, the west is their main stand.

Just now, SUTOL said:

Isn't their main stand (dugs outs) the West stand.  East stand is the one with most of the half-wits in it.

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well no, because the stairs align with the dugouts (they run up the side and continue their way up the stand) and it is just the tunnel that is out of line (although it aligns with the entrance to the Director's Box at the back of the stand.

It isn't our tunnel that is off-centre, it is the whole dugout set-up (or Director's seating)

Well of course the dugouts are off-centre, they're either side of the off-centre tunnel!!!

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think you need a compass for Christmas. The east is the newest one, the west is their main stand.

8 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Isn't their main stand (dugs outs) the West stand.  East stand is the one with most of the half-wits in it.

Haha, yes good spot. Don't know how I got that so wrong. You are both correct, their main stand is their west stand. 

I think I may have been thinking of Murrayfield as I was just texting a mate about tickets for Saturday in the west stand!

:rolleyes2:

Edited by SUTOL

11 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Aside from you not knowing east from west, I take it you mean their newest stand is even more basic than the Wheatfield and Roseburn?

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

Aside from you not knowing east from west, I take it you mean their newest stand is even more basic than the Wheatfield and Roseburn?

Yes that as well. 

Having a bad night here!  :teehee:

The hibs newest stand was thrown up in a rush because planning permission for the land behind it was lapsing and the developers of the flats that surround fester road had expressed a serious desire to buy that plot of land.

The vermin scraped up as much as they could and bought the cheapest, most basic meccano-set stand they could afford. I believe the final bill came in at under £5mil

Edited by Cade

11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

From FB 

446CA9A7-A953-40B3-BDA0-A3B82B19A053.jpeg

'I know the real money and effort is being spent on the building behind the stand, but inside it is a wheatfield with a few extra rows, which I don't necessarily have a problem with. 

On 24/10/2017 at 15:14, FarmerTweedy said:

Looks a row too high!

Mad Budge oot!

It's bugging me far more than it should but it's definitely a row or three too high

5 minutes ago, ericb said:

'I know the real money and effort is being spent on the building behind the stand, but inside it is a wheatfield with a few extra rows, which I don't necessarily have a problem with. 

Hmm i get the point to an extent but what were you wanting or expecting ??

7 minutes ago, ericb said:

Looks stunning, we need to field a team to do it justice.

Loved the old stand, but what a change.

22 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

From FB 

55 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Well of course the dugouts are off-centre, they're either side of the off-centre tunnel!!!

I meant off centre with the section behind the dugouts. 

57 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Brilliant picture

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ericb said:

From the pictures the scale and in particular the roof is quite distinct from the Wheatfield, even before the distinguishing features of a main stand (dug outs, technical areas, Directors box, press box, premium seats) are added.  When complete it will happily still fit in with the other three stands to create a harmonious and coherent stadium which is really distinct from any other ground in Scotland and most beyond. I can't really conceive of a better outcome (given the site constraints) from inside the ground.

Edited by Francis Albert

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

From the pictures the scale and in particular the roof is quite distinct from the Wheatfield, even before the distinguishing features of a main stand (dug outs, technical areas, Directors box, press box, premium seats) are added.  When complete it will happily still fit in with the other three stands to create a harmonious and coherent stadium which is really distinct from any other ground in Scotland and most beyond. I can't really conceive of a better outcome (given the site constraints) from inside the ground.

Well said.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

The hibs newest stand was thrown up in a rush because planning permission for the land behind it was lapsing and the developers of the flats that surround fester road had expressed a serious desire to buy that plot of land.

The vermin scraped up as much as they could and bought the cheapest, most basic meccano-set stand they could afford. I believe the final bill came in at under £5mil

The thing that struck me about their away stand last night is the nick of it.  Rusting and a concrete breeze block mess from street level to seat. The bogs and catering kiosk are a disgrace (not that I’d buy anything from them).

and they go away n about our stands !

our new stand looks magnificent 

Marooned in Sec Z
1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

From FB 

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Spot on FA!

The stadium will be a magnificent arena when complete, totally distinct from any other in Scotland. After the shenanigans of last night it's great to see the progress on this thread to cheer me up a little. 

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

From FB 

Is the perminant power supply on now .looking down the tunnels look very bright for temps 

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Spot on, there is the perfect mix between it fitting in with the rest of the stadium and it still looking like a main stand from inside and out. Will make Tynecastle look like a complete modern stadium as opposed to something that has been pieced together over time e.g. Pittodrie, Tannadice, Dens and to an extent Easter Road.

Can’t wait to experience the enclosed nature of it.

44 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Spot on, there is the perfect mix between it fitting in with the rest of the stadium and it still looking like a main stand from inside and out. Will make Tynecastle look like a complete modern stadium as opposed to something that has been pieced together over time e.g. Pittodrie, Tannadice, Dens and to an extent Easter Road.

Can’t wait to experience the enclosed nature of it.

Not sure what you mean by that. The other three stands at Tynecastle were built over several years in the mid-90s while the new main stand is under construction some 20 years later. It would seem fair to say the stadium has also been pieced together 'over time'.

As for Pittodrie and Dens, I think they both still retain their original main stands and the 'stands' opposite the main stands are similar to what the East stand at Easter Road was like (ie just seats bolted onto the terracing with a roof covering). As far as I'm aware Easter Road is the only four-sided top flight stadium to have been completely rebuilt on its original site (and will be followed by Tynecastle once the main stand is finished). Ibrox, Celtic Park and Rugby Park come close, but their main stands are modified versions of the originals. McDiarmid Park was a completely new stadium, replacing the now demolished Muirton Park.

5 minutes ago, Mellor said:

Not sure what you mean by that. The other three stands at Tynecastle were built over several years in the mid-90s while the new main stand is under construction some 20 years later. It would seem fair to say the stadium has also been pieced together 'over time'.

As for Pittodrie and Dens, I think they both still retain their original main stands and the 'stands' opposite the main stands are similar to what the East stand at Easter Road was like (ie just seats bolted onto the terracing with a roof covering). As far as I'm aware Easter Road is the only four-sided top flight stadium to have been completely rebuilt on its original site (and will be followed by Tynecastle once the main stand is finished). Ibrox, Celtic Park and Rugby Park come close, but their main stands are modified versions of the originals. McDiarmid Park was a completely new stadium, replacing the now demolished Muirton Park.

Back for more.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Mellor said:

Not sure what you mean by that. The other three stands at Tynecastle were built over several years in the mid-90s while the new main stand is under construction some 20 years later. 

You've missed the point. He was referring to what the stands look like, i.e. they match.

"Will make Tynecastle look like a complete modern stadium as opposed to something that has been pieced together over time"

It's looking good.. Is there any possibility to move the Kilmarnock game back to Tynecastle if we can get all the checks done.. surely we can fit everyone in. 

It looks like it could be ready in a couple of weeks for sure..

On 21/10/2017 at 11:46, JALBO said:

Small detail, but the doors were going in at the Sky Lounge this afternoon

10_original.jpg?v30676949358051

Any this looks like the east stand at Lochend?  Does it really?

7 hours ago, scabber said:

Is the perminant power supply on now .looking down the tunnels look very bright for temps 

It will depend if the main DB(distribution board} has been powered up, the lights you see maybe powered off a temporary DB.

it just me that thinks the badge or "Tynecastle Park" should go on the large truss across the top of the new main stand?