New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

15 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Surely all the platinum seating is padded - they are in the Wheatfield! 

Yeah I mean the whole middle section between Q and R, it's the premium section. Padded seats with a bit more room. They were due to arrive a bit after the normal seats and now appear to be here.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Now being installed.

Excellent :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

Yeah I mean the whole middle section between Q and R, it's the premium section. Padded seats with a bit more room. They were due to arrive a bit after the normal seats and now appear to be here.

Is that where your seat is Jamie?

37 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

Excellent :thumbsup:

All the premium seats are padded not just that middle section

King Of The Cat Cafe
58 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Reading the above, together with all the various "testing" requirements, makes it a sound reason for Killie game being played at Murrayfield.

Add in the internal work will be a further 2 weeks closer to final completion & more "user friendly" for fans attending Partick Thistle game.

Personal disappointment in delays are easily overcome by reality of the situation.

Personally I think that AB was being unduly pessimistic in reckoning it would take time to test systems and get the safety certificates.

After all, according to greenginger on hubs.net, we are in cahoots with the city council and I'm sure that any  slight (or even not so slight) imperfections would have been swept under the carpet. ;)

30 minutes ago, Tiger said:

All the premium seats are padded not just that middle section

The premium seat are just in the middle section. 

Platinum are surrounding sections, are they not? 

4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

The premium seat are just in the middle section. 

Platinum are surrounding sections, are they not? 

Sorry I should have said all premium and platinum seats are padded not just that middle section.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Sounds like a cliche on this thread, but it really does look a lot better in person. I saw the stand for the first time since May today and it looks brilliant. The lettering doesn't look too wee, and the 'offices' looks really good. I can't explain how there seems to be such a big difference between the photo and real life... but there is.

Before today I was probably a little underwhelmed by the photos, but absolutely no complaints now.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Red Jamie said:

Compare that to the photo from 2 days ago, seats are going in rapid. 

6vBjV1q.jpg

Should see the second crest start to emerge in the next day or two. Any word on the padded fellys for the premium seats?

I have always said that it would look great from inside the ground. The only slight doubt I had was that it would be too much of a replica of the Wheatfield and not stand out as a main stand. But the different roof and bigger size means that it does ... and will do so even more when dug outs, directors box, press seats and other paraphernalia  are complete.

(The McLeod street façade has also grown on me)

Hackney Hearts
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have always said that it would look great from inside the ground. The only slight doubt I had was that it would be too much of a replica of the Wheatfield and not stand out as a main stand. But the different roof and bigger size means that it does ... and will do so even more when dug outs, directors box, press seats and other paraphernalia  are complete.

Stop being so bloody positive all the time.

Psychedelicropcircle

Glad the padded seats are here was worried the prawn sannies brigade would get sores slumming it on hard plastic.?

21 minutes ago, Romanov Stole My Pension said:

Sounds like a cliche on this thread, but it really does look a lot better in person. I saw the stand for the first time since May today and it looks brilliant. The lettering doesn't look too wee, and the 'offices' looks really good. I can't explain how there seems to be such a big difference between the photo and real life... but there is.

Before today I was probably a little underwhelmed by the photos, but absolutely no complaints now.

My sentiments too. Walked past on Saturday, first time since Aberdeen match and it looks amazing. 

Any Jambos from afar worried that lettering too small, wrong colour etc, etc as others are pointing out the photographs really don't do it justice. 

Can't wait to sample the atmosphere in a packed out Tynecastle. It's going to be special.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

I've just seen a photo on Facebook, the seats are going in at a fearsome rate now. 

I was asking Ann about the seats on Sunday (apologies for the gratuitous name drop there) and she was saying the slow part is assembling the rails the seats are attached to. A bit fiddly but once they are on it's pretty quick attaching the seats themselves.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Major work to complete at the Gorgie Stand end - access road to be laid, and metal exit stairway to be erected.

Away fans entry area to be surfaced with security fencing to go up at the Roseburn end + completion of the decking and cladding on the stand gable.

Inside is a hive of activity - fitting metal balustrading, plasterboard partitions, ceilings, toilets, and a whole host of M&E works.

We are not just constructing a basic stand here - we are creating a huge and pretty complex building.

And doing a brilliant job of it! 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Who cares?;)

11 minutes ago, Footballfan1 said:

Any plans to replace the faded seats in the away stand?

don't you know the name of that stand?

King Of The Cat Cafe

I saw the Facebook post earlier.  That is a cracking snap.

It is the curve that, in my opinion, lifts our stand out of the ordinary bank/office block/school genre.

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

They honestly all think they're hysterical. 

I mean the depth of quality comic thinking that went in to that shite user name.

11 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

From the pictures it seems there will be a small gap between the pylon and the cladding on the Roseburn end of the new stand? Appreciate it's not complete yet however...

Yeah noticed that as well, hopefully the plan is for the cladding to fully cover the gap and not to leave it open. Surely!

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Yeah noticed that as well, hopefully the plan is for the cladding to fully cover the gap and not to leave it open. Surely!

This again.. It's no finished.. They've left gap to get the machinery through.. Sorry for being grumpy but it's common sense surely..  There is also an access road for emergency vehicle which will be a permanent fixture 

14 hours ago, Footballfan1 said:

Any plans to replace the faded seats in the away stand?

13 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Hahaha amazing first post!

Post 2 will be "Any plans to replace the faded seats in the stand opposite the away end stand?"

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

This again.. It's no finished.. They've left gap to get the machinery through.. Sorry for being grumpy but it's common sense surely..  There is also an access road for emergency vehicle which will be a permanent fixture 

The vertical gap between the pylon and the first red vertical beam? The gap that's the full height of the stand has been left to allow machinery through?

37 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Hahaha amazing first post!

Post 2 will be "Any plans to replace the faded seats in the stand opposite the away end stand?"

Especially as many of the faded seats in the 'home' section of the 'away' stand have either been replaced or restored.

I must be the only person on here that doesn't care about faded seats.

Yes it may make a great photo when the place is empty but other than what's the issue...

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

The vertical gap between the pylon and the first red vertical beam? The gap that's the full height of the stand has been left to allow machinery through?

It's an access road for emergency vehicles.. It's in the plans will always be there. 

3 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

I see what you mean, the red beam in the Roseburn looks flush with the pylon but there's a gap of about 2-3 feet (it looks) between the red beam in the new stand and the pylon. An image of the Gorgie end would be nice to see how flush it is there so we get an idea of the finished article.

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It's an access road for emergency vehicles.. It's in the plans will always be there. 

The gap the original point was about is not the access road. 

The original point was about the distance between the final vertical red beam (the one nearest the pitch) and the corner pylon. None of the horizontal beams in the inner wall of the new Main Stand seem to protrude beyond the position of the final red beam, hence the question: what if anything is going in that gap. Clearly, vehicles don't require height space of 20+ metres, so the vehicle access road is irrelevant to the question.

However, I think to answer the original query, look at the recent video added to this thread, which shows the Main Stand/Gorgie Stand corner. Similar to the Roseburn end, the final red beam is some distance away from the corner pylon, yet the Main Stand inner wall extends beyond the red beam to connect with the pylon. That would suggest a similar design detail at the other end i.e. Main Stand wall will meet Roseburn pylon. 

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 22:39, clanmac said:

A few more from this afternoon.

60DA5A6B-1447-4A3E-9BE4-5D4AF8BD6CD9.jpeg

EF56FFA2-6924-4939-AC1A-909948D56A13.jpeg

I thought the lower had 10 Rows.  Has this been left out for access during construction?

242D9AE6-960F-439C-A097-AAA0506D4508.jpeg

Edited by Trained One
Wrong question asked

20 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Glad the padded seats are here was worried the prawn sannies brigade would get sores slumming it on hard plastic.?

I'm just glad the seats will remain wrapped in plastic, it'll be very useful when all the pant wetters on this forum migrate to the new stand.

Edited by argyjambo
Character missed from post text

Can someone explain why there is only 9 rows in the lower, I thought there was 10.  Or is this to allow pitch side access during the build

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, Trained One said:

Can someone explain why there is only 9 rows in the lower, I thought there was 10.  Or is this to allow pitch side access during the build

There is going to be 10 rows. I think they aren’t in yet due to the railings still needing to be installed. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Trained One said:

Row 10 probably wont be installed until the railings are fitted immediately behind the back row of the lower section.

Will the directors and other luminaries be in a segregated space or just sitting in the central section woth th3 Premier seat people. 

Footballfirst
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Will the directors and other luminaries be in a segregated space or just sitting in the central section woth th3 Premier seat people. 

The central section is supposed to be only 25 seats wide instead of 28 elsewhere, so there would be room for partitioning to keep them away from the riff-raff.

Edited by Footballfirst

20 hours ago, Tiger said:

From FB

image.png.4ce0b5d070c3540659c382defff94082.png

Why do the dugouts not sit aligned with the two supporters entrances behind them or, for that matter, the Director's/Media seats>

Jambo, Goodbye
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why do the dugouts not sit aligned with the two supporters entrances behind them or, for that matter, the Director's/Media seats>

Tunnel is off centre. 

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The central section is supposed to be only 25 seats wide instead of 28 elsewhere, so there would be room for partitioning to keep them away from the riff-raff.

Isn't the central section section not going to have wider seats?

Jambo, Goodbye
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Hmmm fair enough. I'll pretend I never noticed it ^_^

I just hope it doesn't play havoc for anyone with OCD...

40 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

30 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Will look similar to the King Power stadium

skysports-leicester-king-power_3959040.j

Bungalow Bill
33 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Shouldn’t play any havoc. The tunnel hasn’t been central to the stand for years.