New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Sexton Hardcastle

Much rather play our first game in this beauty in full working order as opposed to wires about the gaff, incomplete kiosks or whatever.

King Of The Cat Cafe
6 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

The wording doesn't exactly suggest that the Partick match is guaranteed to be at Tynecastle. 

Hopefully we are just being extra cautious. 

You may need to elaborate.

Within 10 days to hand it over, is what she says.

After that there are two full weeks to Patrick game

11 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

The wording doesn't exactly suggest that the Partick match is guaranteed to be at Tynecastle. 

Hopefully we are just being extra cautious. 

Partick game in 27 days

Hopefully the hand over for phase 1 goes without hiccup, with Budge suggesting within 10 days, giving over 2 weeks to get ready and organised

4 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

You may need to elaborate.

Within 10 days to hand it over, is what she says.

After that there are two full weeks to Patrick game

Just now, kila said:

Partick game in 27 days

Hopefully the hand over for phase 1 goes without hiccup, with Budge suggesting within 10 days, giving over 2 weeks to get ready and organised

I may be worrying unjustly. 

I wasn't and still aren't sure what Phase 1 requirements means. If it means we are good to go then that's great. 

Just now, Manny1874 said:

I wasn't and still aren't sure what Phase 1 requirements means. If it means we are good to go then that's great. 

My understanding was that phase one was the basic facilities needed to host a football match (seats in, toilets ready and food kiosks possibly). 

The problem with the Killie game I think is that there won’t be sufficient time to test the new turnstiles etc. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
Just now, Manny1874 said:

Phase 1 means - as far as I am aware - "safe and sound" for a game, not necessarily the finished article.

Looking at the flight bookings I had already made for November 5, I'm not worried any more. :)

It’s a shame but I’m sure it will be well worth waiting for whenever it’s finished.

i didn’t realise until recently that

the club were project managing it themselves (rather hiring than a professional project manager) so the miss is understandable!

Sometime soon the ‘return to Tynie Park party’ will get started and all will live happily ever after!!

Adam_the_legend

Disappointing but probably not too surprising. Though couple of ITKers have been saying 100% for the 5th for a while, it’s looked less and less likely. 

Hopefully the extra time means everything runs smoothly against Partick. 

I was looking forward to getting back to Tynecastle but I suppose another two weeks won’t matter that much . ☹️

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Some ITK posters have Hibsed their predictions.

:D

I didn’t.I said for a few weeks now it would be difficult.

8 minutes ago, obua said:

Do  you think the Partick game is a def , prob , poss or unlikely Obua ? From what you've seen and heard over the weekend . 

Not going to bookmark it , just curios to get your thoughts . 

Just now, ramrod said:

Do  you think the Partick game is a def , prob , poss or unlikely Obua ? From what you've seen and heard over the weekend . 

Not going to bookmark it , just curios to get your thoughts . 

I’d go for prob ,I don’t think even hearts will give a def but I’m much more confident now.

Psychedelicropcircle
13 minutes ago, obua said:

If it no ready for the Patrick game, it’s only fair obua should be spit-roasted by the proclaimers whilst they sing my heart is broken. 

#encouragement

1 minute ago, obua said:

I’d go for prob ,I don’t think even hearts will give a def but I’m much more confident now.

Good to know your opinion m8!, if we don't make the Partick game it sounds like it won't be for lack of effort and you can't argue with that. 

2 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

If it no ready for the Patrick game, it’s only fair obua should be spit-roasted by the proclaimers whilst they sing my heart is broken. 

#encouragement

Sounds fun,look out for sabotage lol.?

Psychedelicropcircle
16 minutes ago, obua said:

Sounds fun,look out for sabotage lol.?

Thats no the sort of carrot & stick encouragement I envisaged ??

Hackney Hearts
59 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

TBF, they may yet be proved right in retrospect. The tests and certificates may all go without hitch - it's just the club couldn't guarantee this and have done the sensible thing.

Those that were confident of the 5th were maybe looking at it from a build perspective not the testing and sign off part and therefore that is why we wont make it.

Looks like phase 1 will still be before 5th but too close to risk the rest.

1 hour ago, obua said:

I'm only kidding mate.

Being in the trade I've felt myself looking at the progress that it wouldn't be ready for the 5th.

no big deal to me... :thumbsup:

Edited by Debut 4

Bit gutted as can’t make the Partick game. Think with the international break they probably should have said Partick was the rescheduled date.

I don’t think it’s great project management to miss a rescheduled date, should always ensure you give yourself a buffer. 

Right to say it now and sounding like the correct call.

Ach well, lifetime to enjoy it eh!

Edited by HMFC86
Spelling

49 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Had a look at it earlier and it looks great. Badge and lettering look fine. Needs to be seen in the flesh to appreciate it fully. 

This.  Photos make the badge and text look small.  The sizing is definitely correct.

The Silent Assassin
1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

#encouragement

stick to cleaning windaes haha

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

This.  Photos make the badge and text look small.  The sizing is definitely correct.

The furthest point I've seen a photo taken from on this thread was from Gorgie Road very close to the railway bridge. The lettering was clear as day. Definitely the correct size. Its not like anyone will be approaching the new stand from miles away. "what does that say?  I cant make it out" 

The stand looks and is awesome. Some people just need to bitch about something or they're not happy.

3 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Disappointing but probably not too surprising. Though couple of ITKers have been saying 100% for the 5th for a while, it’s looked less and less likely. 

Hopefully the extra time means everything runs smoothly against Partick. 

To give them their due, it very well might be

Those talking about the lettering i would agree that on the photos i thought it looked small but when you see it in person then its far better.

10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Crack 18k again for killie and they will 100% play Partick at Murrayfield, the funding gap and all that jazz. 

When they can get nearly 20k at tynecastle?

11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Crack 18k again for killie and they will 100% play Partick at Murrayfield, the funding gap and all that jazz. 

That literally makes no sense at all.

With us now missing another game at home does this mean it was a mistake to deviate from the original planning schedule..

We were supposedly going to be only the missing seats away from having it ready for the Aberdeen game.. Since we were missing those seats we moved the next 3 home games to Murrayfield which was a decision that couldn't be helped as we had to wait for them to arrive..

However now we are missing another game because getting the stand ready for a football game was put back and other work was carried out first.. Why didn't we just get the stand ready for football as first planned, we could have had everything tested long before with only the seats to be attached once they arrived. Then we could have continued with the other work as previously scheduled..

The Aberdeen game was 9th September and yet almost a full 2 months later we still can't be sure to have the stand ready to hold a football game.. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
30 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

With us now missing another game at home does this mean it was a mistake to deviate from the original planning schedule..

We were supposedly going to be only the missing seats away from having it ready for the Aberdeen game.. Since we were missing those seats we moved the next 3 home games to Murrayfield which was a decision that couldn't be helped as we had to wait for them to arrive..

However now we are missing another game because getting the stand ready for a football game was put back and other work was carried out first.. Why didn't we just get the stand ready for football as first planned, we could have had everything tested long before with only the seats to be attached once they arrived. Then we could have continued with the other work as previously scheduled..

The Aberdeen game was 9th September and yet almost a full 2 months later we still can't be sure to have the stand ready to hold a football game.. 

Perhaps because everyone knew that 9 September was BS but ST sales may have been impacted with 4 or 5 games played at Murrayfield?

Yes I am cynical.

3 hours ago, RussAsia said:

In my opinion, it would suggest that yes, it was a bit of an error of judgement.

After missing the first deadline, the absolute top priority should have been in making sure that the stand was ready to host a football match on 5th November.

Sacrificing that deadline in favour of the other less urgent stuff seems bonkers to me. Surely the priority should have been to get us to where we were supposedly meant to be in September, and start looking at the 'nice to haves' AFTER that bare minimum had been done.

Bottom line is we're going to (hopefully) now be moving in to the stand two and a half months later than planned - and even at that, its still going to be a work in progress and still likely to resemble a building site in many ways.

Is it the end of the world? No, probably not. But regardless of all that, it boils down to the fact that, for a second time, we've missed a critical milestone in the delivery dates.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Anyone that's ever watched a few episodes of Grand Designs will not be surprised at this news.

Not too fussed tbh. It will be there for years to come. A few weeks more is is no big deal.

7 hours ago, busby1985 said:

How's the hangover this morning?

7 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Your conspiracy makes no sense given there'd be only about 3000 paying customers at Murrayfield (with a fee to pay to the SRU also) so hardly any profit if any at all. Also it would likely sell out if played at Tynecastle in any case. 

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Perhaps because everyone knew that 9 September was BS but ST sales may have been impacted with 4 or 5 games played at Murrayfield?

Yes I am cynical.

I think you are spot on.

The September date was clearly never remotely achievable,  but they didn't want to impact on ST sales.  It's not coincidence that Murrayfield was provisionally booked right through until the Killie game.  It probably also made the SPFL more accommodating.

It will be interesting to see what decisions the club makes if we win both the Hibs and Rangers games... We would suddenly be 3rd in the table and potentially only 6 points off top spot.  The December matches against Hibs and Celtic would have a high likelihood of topping the 40k mark at Murrayfield!!!

Edited by David McCaig

Bungalow Bill
49 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Anyone that's ever watched a few episodes of Grand Designs will not be surprised at this news.

It’s not an entertaining show if every project runs to budget and time. There will be plenty of projects that don’t make it to TV. 

20 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think you are spot on.

The September date was clearly never remotely achievable,  but they didn't want to impact on ST sales.  It's not coincidence that Murrayfield was provisionally booked right through until the Killie game.  It probably also made the SPFL more accommodating.

It will be interesting to see what decisions the club makes if we win both the Hibs and Rangers games... We would suddenly be 3rd in the table and potentially only 6 points off top spot.  The December matches against Hibs and Celtic would have a high likelihood of topping the 40k mark at Murrayfield!!!

Now that is cynical. 

25 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think you are spot on.

Whether Sept was achievable is debatable but i dont believe for one second that we will hold opening the stand for bigger crowds at Murrayfield.

20 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

So folk are saying we're making a profit from using Murrayfield with £18k fans ... maybe Chris Robinson was right after all! ;)

An interesting alternate history would have been had we moved to Murrayfield but Romanov still came in and splashed his millions. The first half of the 05/06 season could have seen some exceptional crowds. 

It probably would have ended in a bigger disaster when the shit hit the fan. 

15 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

LOL.

On a more serious note - how does the club complete flood testing to get a safety certificate ie you need a certain number of punters to actually use the new facility , toilets and all before getting the OK. How does that work, how many people will be involved ?