New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

12 minutes ago, campbell said:

I am in this camp as well, but rather than move it to Murrayfield could we not postpone it? The SPFL have allowed other clubs to do it in the past for “glamour friendlies” etc why can’t we get one nicked back a few weeks. Surely it would also be the most cost savvy way or is it not that simple 

I agree. A postponement is by far the best option. There are SPFL Premiership games being played on Wednesday 29th November. No reason why we couldn't play Kille that night as far as I can see. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I agree. A postponement is by far the best option. There are SPFL Premiership games being played on Wednesday 29th November. No reason why we couldn't play Kille that night as far as I can see. 

I think we would have to move it to Murrayfield as I can't see the league allowing us to simply postpone a game when we have a proven alternative venue.

Would be difficult to justify it, imo.

2 hours ago, Different Class said:

Yet another thing where some random on kickback knows better than the people who are designing and building it. 

Or you could read my next post ..............

The Treasurer
51 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think we would have to move it to Murrayfield as I can't see the league allowing us to simply postpone a game when we have a proven alternative venue.

Would be difficult to justify it, imo.

No less justification than going  away to play a "money-spinning" friendly.

Just now, The Treasurer said:

True, but is that not a set date in the calendar and not something you can do at a couple of week's notice?

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Doesn't that Joker Card have to be played within the first few games of the season?

1 hour ago, MacPhee said:

he works on site

Logic says the date is being met what other reason could explain the site being flooded with workers all Sat/Sun at time and a half/double time.

station_jambo
13 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Here's a decent view of the Roseburn end where the staging is still to be installed...

20171022_140554.jpg

How are they planning to get the staging up?  Crane through the roof?

Edited by station_jambo

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

Logic says the date is being met what other reason could explain the site being flooded with workers all Sat/Sun at time and a half/double time.

true

alwaysthereinspirit
33 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Doesn't that Joker Card have to be played within the first few games of the season?

Think it depends on your team name. Us? No friggin' chance. A couple of other named teams? Sure you can.

9 minutes ago, station_jambo said:

How are they planning to get the staging up?  Crane through the roof?

Was wondering that myself. 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, kila said:

The metal staging compound for the upper section light enough to be carried up by hand?

Aye.

Obua should manage it on his own.

1 minute ago, kila said:

The metal staging compound for the upper section light enough to be carried up by hand?

If you’re the hulk aye only i cant imagine H+S would be happy.

For the back sections they used a winch/pully system did they not ? as said it can be lifted up onto the walkway and positioned from there.

10 minutes ago, kila said:

No

Not seen the progress for a while so I took this on Saturday and the stand is looking amazing.

Anyone doubting the size of the badge that hasn't seen it just look at the workman for scale, he was a good six footer!

With the crest below and in front of it the whole thing is magnificent.

IMG_E4562.JPG

4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd say she was giving very little away, tbh.  I think the biggest issue will be that a decision needs to be taken well in advance of the actual game, so that any arrangements re tickets, catering, etc can be sorted out, and they'll need to be pretty much 100% certain that Tynecastle will be ready in order to make the decision to keep the game at Tynecastle. While I'm still inclined to think the ground can be ready in time for the game, I don't think the club will have enough certainty about that early enough to avoid having to move the game to Murrayfield. 

Fair enough

Is there not a Scotland rugby match that weekend though?

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Fair enough

Scotland rugby games are  on the 11th, 18th & 25th. Think there may be a 10K finishing at Murrayfield on the 5th though.

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Fair enough

No apparently but I'm sure I read Levein was concerned about playing the day after the rugby.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, jollyjams said:

the seats directly  behind  the dugouts are they for the fans or subs/trainor etc? just curious anyone  itk

Subs and squad players not stripped etc 

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

thats a pity its a hell of a lot of seats to loose for paying fans 

Bungalow Bill
3 minutes ago, jollyjams said:

Where would you have them sit then?

See on the Facebook page there's a woman who's been down to talk to the workmen.  FFS. 

"The side iznae oan yit"

What a ****ing roaster.

jeeez keep your hair on guys its not a dig just seems a lot of seats 3 rows 15 i know they gotta sit somewhere 

2 minutes ago, jollyjams said:

jeeez keep your hair on guys its not a dig just seems a lot of seats 3 rows 15 i know they gotta sit somewhere 

The home dugout and seating bit behind is bigger than the away one, so I imagine aside from the match day squad the U20s will sit there too. Away one smaller.

Edited by kila

Hagar the Horrible
24 minutes ago, jollyjams said:

There has to be somewhere for Pedro C to sit when he gets sent off for his team being a bit shit

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

There has to be somewhere for Pedro C to sit when he gets sent off for his team being a bit shit

Your assuming they don't punt him before they play us again, hoping he stays a bit longer :-)

1 hour ago, tamanov said:

Not seen the progress for a while so I took this on Saturday and the stand is looking amazing.

Anyone doubting the size of the badge that hasn't seen it just look at the workman for scale, he was a good six footer!

With the crest below and in front of it the whole thing is magnificent.

IMG_E4562.JPG

Am I being unrealistic by dreaming that the horizontal maroon line is one giant strip light that gets lit-up when it's dark?

I noticed some pink strip lights at Murrayfield (which are pretty crap examples), but it made me think that pink strip lighting could be used along the back of each stand inside, and would be a pretty nice effect. More like this:

Philips-connected-LED-lighting-for-Allia

Was down to look at stand this morning.  Folk are correct when they say the photographs do not do the size of the badge , letters and stand justice . It looks magnificent. 

The other claim that the grey colour is bland. Well it's not finished yet. A Christmas tree looks dull without the tinsel , lighting and finishings. 

Edited by rudeskaboyuk

40 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Was down to look at stand this morning.  Folk are correct when they say the photographs do not do the size of the badge , letters and stand justice . It looks magnificent. 

The other claim that the grey colour is bland. Well it's not finished yet. A Christmas tree looks dull without the tinsel , lighting and finishings. 

Is the tree back?

58 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Am I being unrealistic by dreaming that the horizontal maroon line is one giant strip light that gets lit-up when it's dark?

I'm afraid so - that's the metal coping which is in maroon PPC paint - top of it is still covered by grey protective tape.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Never mind stripped, if Ann's got a few quid stashed away, i'd invest in some umbrellas. They will need them when that West wind whips up a tasty shower.

That's if there's no cover going on the dug oots ?

I was expecting an announcement today on Killie game, based on general chat.

Will a decision/announcement be made tomorrow regarding Plan A or Plan B?

At at what point do we assume it's too late to announce a Murrayfield switch and assume the club expect it to go ahead at Tynie?

Just now, BigC said:

I was expecting an announcement today on Killie game, based on general chat.

Will a decision/announcement be made tomorrow regarding Plan A or Plan B?

At at what point do we assume it's too late to announce a Murrayfield switch and assume the club expect it to go ahead at Tynie?

Think Ann said a decision would be made early this week , wasn't more specific than that . 

Looking like Partick i would imagine 

Just now, ramrod said:

Think Ann said a decision would be made early this week , wasn't more specific than that . 

Looking like Partick i would imagine 

I'm wondering if there will be an announcement at 6pm. That has happened before. 

its been moved to MF

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6277

Following a period of fairly intense speculation over the past few weeks, I can now confirm that the Board has decided to take further advantage of our contingency arrangements with the SRU to play our "Home" fixture against Kilmarnock FC, on Sunday, 5th November, at BT Murrayfield.  

These arrangements have been confirmed with all parties involved and I would like to record my appreciation for their co-operation in agreeing to the change in venue.

I will issue a further detailed progress up-date to our supporters later in the week.  I would, however, take this opportunity to stress that the building programme will see the handover of Phase 1 requirements to the club within the next 10 days.  

However, the time then remaining to enable "acceptance testing" of all the various new facilities and processes would be very limited, were we to aim to play our opening game on 5th November, 2017.  

One of our key objectives is to ensure that our first game back at Tynecastle runs smoothly, and provides supporters with the best possible match-day experience. We have therefore decided to take advantage of the opportunity open to us to call on our contingency arrangements for this fixture, thereby giving us more time to robustly test out all of our new facilities.

I will finish at this point by thanking you all for your fantastic support so far this season, which has helped the team immeasurably. To be in a top six position, having played all 10 league games away from Tynecastle, is a terrific achievement, helped in no small measure by the superb traveling support and indeed by the wonderful turnout at BT Murrayfield. Please keep it up. We will be home soon!

Edited by Tiger

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No apparently but I'm sure I read Levein was concerned about playing the day after the rugby.

Oh well, we're not exactly playing silky football at the minute are we....

Boo!!!! but as ever, she keeps us informed and makes the decision for the best reasons.

jimmy the jambo

I think the Partick game will be a guaranteed sell out,they're one of the few clubs who're actually welcome and liked + they helped out during our dark times,maybe as a gesture,the hearts board members should discount the tickets they get and enable they sell out the away allocation,we can also reduce cash tickets too,if we test the stadium out at its maximum, capacity,any issues will be resolved and ironed out for the next games.

Ah well. 19th November it is then. Shame but hopefully a better experience for all if it's two-weeks closer to completion. 

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

its been moved to MF

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6277

Following a period of fairly intense speculation over the past few weeks, I can now confirm that the Board has decided to take further advantage of our contingency arrangements with the SRU to play our "Home" fixture against Kilmarnock FC, on Sunday, 5th November, at BT Murrayfield.  

These arrangements have been confirmed with all parties involved and I would like to record my appreciation for their co-operation in agreeing to the change in venue.

I will issue a further detailed progress up-date to our supporters later in the week.  I would, however, take this opportunity to stress that the building programme will see the handover of Phase 1 requirements to the club within the next 10 days.  

However, the time then remaining to enable "acceptance testing" of all the various new facilities and processes would be very limited, were we to aim to play our opening game on 5th November, 2017.  

One of our key objectives is to ensure that our first game back at Tynecastle runs smoothly, and provides supporters with the best possible match-day experience. We have therefore decided to take advantage of the opportunity open to us to call on our contingency arrangements for this fixture, thereby giving us more time to robustly test out all of our new facilities.

I will finish at this point by thanking you all for your fantastic support so far this season, which has helped the team immeasurably. To be in a top six position, having played all 10 league games away from Tynecastle, is a terrific achievement, helped in no small measure by the superb traveling support and indeed by the wonderful turnout at BT Murrayfield. Please keep it up. We will be home soon!

The wording doesn't exactly suggest that the Partick match is guaranteed to be at Tynecastle. 

Hopefully we are just being extra cautious.