New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Fxxx the SPFL
23 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Just catching up on somegreat photos and in other news we are being or we are taking someone to court ? 

Obua mentioned a court case I will try and find out more on Wednesday when I attend a drinks reception at Tynecastle Mrs B is in attendance I will ask her what's going on.

Phil D. Corners

Great pictures from today but, puts tin hat on, was anyone working on the exterior items. 

Seems little movement on the roseburn end and seat installation considering we're 'on a knife edge'. 

4 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Great pictures from today but, puts tin hat on, was anyone working on the exterior items. 

Seems little movement on the roseburn end and seat installation considering we're 'on a knife edge'. 

70 workers onsite yesterday and today

Seats were still be fitted when I left around 3pm

work on the Roseburn end

work on the roof and work leading into the Gorgie Stand all ongoing

Phil D. Corners
6 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

work on the Roseburn end

Thanks. Great to know. 

It was hard to see from the picture. 

30 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Was there much work getting done today?

Yes i passed at lunchtime and the crane was at the Roseburn end and there was workies everywhere.

Edited by Jamboelite

20 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

work on the Roseburn end

BelgeJ....Looks like you have enjoyed your weekend going by the posts & pictures on here today.

Obvious that you have soaked up the info today like a sponge & thanks for sharing a few snippets.

Bit of a scrappy game yesterday, won by a scrappy goal, but on the bright side, climbed above the wee team & the farmers with the 3 points. Onwards & Upwards:thumbsup:

I admire guys like you who attend on a fairly regular basis from afar. I think I'm doing well with trips to Dingwall & dare I remind myself, Peterhead!!

Footballfirst
53 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

51 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Extracts of photos of Section R taken today. (approx 75 seats installed between photos)

h8ROc7K.jpg

izh2Axi.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Here's a decent view of the Roseburn end where the staging is still to be installed...

20171022_140554.jpg

That doesn't look wide enough for a vehicle to get through.

6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Does anyone know why that steel beam is across on the end section about half way up in the first picture above.

Is there going to be some sort of access there not for the general public but maybe for machinery going in or out?

That would have been where the stand would have linked to the Roseburn until they opted against the concourse running right round. Guess they couldn't have altered the original steel work structure and it will likely be blocked off.

3 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

That would have been where the stand would have linked to the Roseburn until they opted against the concourse running right round. Guess they couldn't have altered the original steel work structure and it will likely be blocked off.

Good shout, had forgotten they were going to do that originally.

17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That doesn't look wide enough for a vehicle to get through.

I'd say it looked a little bigger in person than it does in the photos - a bit like the badge on the facade!

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Not much to be honest. Even witnessed two workmen drinking a 4 pack of Fosters whilst I was there. 

12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd say it looked a little bigger in person than it does in the photos - a bit like the badge on the facade!

I've tried that excuse in the past :kirk:

3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

As an IT professional with over 20 years experience, I can confidently state that if there are any problems, they'll just have to switch the turnstiles off and on again! 

As an IT professional with about 18 years of experience, I hope to f--- that Hearts are sensible enough to have a backup paper-based system of some for the inevitable moment when the IT system goes on the fritz.

King Of The Cat Cafe
4 hours ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Obua mentioned a court case I will try and find out more on Wednesday when I attend a drinks reception at Tynecastle Mrs B is in attendance I will ask her what's going on.

Drinks party?  Is this for the presentation of  your bus pass?

8 hours ago, 2205ian said:

BelgeJ....Looks like you have enjoyed your weekend going by the posts & pictures on here today.

Obvious that you have soaked up the info today like a sponge & thanks for sharing a few snippets.

Bit of a scrappy game yesterday, won by a scrappy goal, but on the bright side, climbed above the wee team & the farmers with the 3 points. Onwards & Upwards:thumbsup:

I admire guys like you who attend on a fairly regular basis from afar. I think I'm doing well with trips to Dingwall & dare I remind myself, Peterhead!!

Great weekend bud and listening to Garry Halliday of the FOH just makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when he tells you what the fans have done for our club 

game was srappy but what Craig Levein said is true, we wouldn’t be winning that game a few months back

HHGH

9 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

4 weeks till the Partick game, will surely be completed by then.

Yeah i see the Killie game as a definite no for the stand but that now gives us almost a month to finish.

Edited by Jamboelite

8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

20171022_233231.jpg

I dont see how a vehicle is getting in there that looks really tight, particularly if i assume it needs be big enough for an emergency one.

Edited by Jamboelite

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I dont see how a vehicle is getting in there that looks really tight, particularly if i assume it needs be big enough for an emergency one.

An ambulance will fit through there no bother. Use the width of the concourse tunnels to get an idea. 

7 minutes ago, kila said:

An ambulance will fit through there no bother. Use the width of the concourse tunnels to get an idea. 

Obviously just the angle because they would have made sure it fits otherwise no certificate but it no much room.

Different Class
11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Yet another thing where some random on kickback knows better than the people who are designing and building it. 

2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Definitely not playing Kilmarnock at tynecastle it looks. Far to much to do!

Did you hear from a good source?

Will be gutted if this is the case, as I can't make the 19th or 25th, as was hoping to be there for the 1st game at Tynecastle with the new stand!

4 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Will be gutted if this is the case, as I can't make the 19th or 25th, as was hoping to be there for the 1st game at Tynecastle with the new stand!

The Club are meeting today with the constructors to discuss the weekend progress and make a decision from that.  From Ann at the Plot Ceremony yesterday

10 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Sorry. Just a guess. But think it's a good guess. Hope I'm wrong!

5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

The Club are meeting today with the constructors to discuss the weekend progress and make a decision from that.  From Ann at the Plot Ceremony yesterday

Ah cheers

Did Ann sound confident it would still go be done in time to go ahead for the 5th?

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

That gap look to be 4 seats wide. Will be wide enough would think!

11 seats wide I think, going by the eTicketing seating plan

6 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Ah cheers

Did Ann sound confident it would still go be done in time to go ahead for the 5th?

I wouldn't say she was confident about it, little unexpected things keep cropping up.  Pretty sure she will release a statement today or tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Will be surprised if game on 5th not given go ahead at Tynecastle park 

Good to hear! Fingers crossed it's given the go ahead as Murrayfield is absolutely garbage for the fitbaw.

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hope you are right

is this based on any inside knowledge?

A lot of varying opinions on aye vs naw for the 5th it seems, even from folk who've been pretty on the ball thus far with these things.

Good to see the pics from the weekend though, fair bit of visible progress since the last 'inside' shots. Its really starting to take shape now.

I can see a lot of screen refreshing going on today in anticipation of an announcement.

22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I hope your right as I’m away the Partick game. Be gutted to miss the first game back at Tynecastle.

35 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Ah cheers

I'd say she was giving very little away, tbh.  I think the biggest issue will be that a decision needs to be taken well in advance of the actual game, so that any arrangements re tickets, catering, etc can be sorted out, and they'll need to be pretty much 100% certain that Tynecastle will be ready in order to make the decision to keep the game at Tynecastle. While I'm still inclined to think the ground can be ready in time for the game, I don't think the club will have enough certainty about that early enough to avoid having to move the game to Murrayfield. 

11 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd say she was giving very little away, tbh.  I think the biggest issue will be that a decision needs to be taken well in advance of the actual game, so that any arrangements re tickets, catering, etc can be sorted out, and they'll need to be pretty much 100% certain that Tynecastle will be ready in order to make the decision to keep the game at Tynecastle. While I'm still inclined to think the ground can be ready in time for the game, I don't think the club will have enough certainty about that early enough to avoid having to move the game to Murrayfield. 

This. 

I think the club will err on the side of caution and move the Killie game to Murrayfield, if there is any doubt that it might not be ready on time. 

Fxxx the SPFL
7 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Drinks party?  Is this for the presentation of  your bus pass?

Got the bus pass now ya cheeky rascal lol

3 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Got the bus pass now ya cheeky rascal lol

I can confirm he has the bus pass and used it:pleased:

30 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I am in this camp as well, but rather than move it to Murrayfield could we not postpone it? The SPFL have allowed other clubs to do it in the past for “glamour friendlies” etc why can’t we get one nicked back a few weeks. Surely it would also be the most cost savvy way or is it not that simple