New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

3 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Maybe I'm overegging it a bit but this is surely got to make a hell of a better impression on potential signings. Migh even help push one over over line. 

There are so many positives to this and I believe yours is one. It's a delight when one of the not so obvious ones pops up in your daydreaming.

What a time to be a Hearts supporter. I've got to get back.

2 minutes ago, obua said:

Can’t say.

Don't tell me they have'nt paid you yet Obua. Is it because they know you are always posting on here?:laugh:

5 minutes ago, kila said:

Fantastic

Will look different at the Roseburn end once the maroon cladding goes on

It's not a moan - and it's definitely not a priority. But on my future wishlist would be if the council/club can come to an arrangement to change the streetlights on Mcleod Street outside the ground.

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

It's not a moan - and it's definitely not a priority. But on my future wishlist would be if the council/club can come to an arrangement to change the streetlights on Mcleod Street outside the ground.

Change them for what?

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Because in the real world stuff doesn’t always work straight out the box. Even if it does it will need reliability tested. Also the turnstiles will be linked somehow I’d imagine or there would be nothing to stop people scanning their tickets and passing them back to someone to use at a different gate so there will (should) Ben data links in place. 

You are talking about a tried and trusted entry system used worldwide not a computer system going into taxi's which happened a number of years ago.

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, obua said:

Can’t say.

To be fair you mentioned it in the 1st place mate.

Sometimes its just better to keep things to yourself. Very grateful for updates etc but you just threw a grenade into the room.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Change them for what?

Dunno - just something newer. Really only noticed it when taking the photos there, and they probably only look a bit rough because  there's a new building now in the background. It'll probably happen in time anyway. Some of the newer ones look quite smart.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't tell me they have'nt paid you yet Obua. Is it because they know you are always posting on here?:laugh:

That made me chuckle.?

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Some photos from today.

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

Looking at that photo I’d imagine all the seats will be fitted by Friday. Not sure about the inside being near completion to allow for a match to proceed as I’ve not seen any of the most recent ones. Maybe Obua can take some instead of dropping bombs in his latest quote. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

Elias Henry Furst
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sometimes its just better to keep things to yourself. Very grateful for updates etc but you just threw a grenade into the room.

Agree completely.

I’m grateful to the guy for his updates but that post smacked of ‘I’m in the know, look at me...’

I think it’d be a good idea for the post to be removed but then I don’t run the board.

The Future's Maroon

change my mind about my post, sry.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

There are only 9 rows of seats installed in each of the front sections, so far,  instead of the 10 expected from the plans.

The configuration of the seats around the tunnel and dug outs also mean that some seats have been lost from the total capacity when compared to the original plans.

I was thinking that the seats in row 10 perhaps can't be fitted until the safety hand rail at the front of the concourse is bolted on. Just a guess though.

Footballfirst
22 minutes ago, obua said:

Hearts will be responsible for all construction costs apart from pending court case.

Reading between the lines of what you have said, the court case must be related to the construction, so possibly an invoice not paid for services delivered/not delivered or a breach of contract.

There was a thread last week about a Celtic blogger, Paul Brennan who claimed that the bill related to the "£80k" fraud still hadn't been settled. Connected?

Footballfirst
Just now, JALBO said:

I was thinking that the seats in row 10 perhaps can't be fitted until the safety hand rail at the front of the concourse is bolted on. Just a guess though.

That would certainly make sense.

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Reading between the lines of what you have said, the court case must be related to the construction, so possibly an invoice not paid for services delivered/not delivered or a breach of contract.

There was a thread last week about a Celtic blogger, Paul Brennan who claimed that the bill related to the "£80k" fraud still hadn't been settled. Connected?

No.

7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

So the security supervisor reads the press then.

No nothing to do with reading the press. It’s to do with him making sure he has enough guys on standby just in case

I know it has been said on several occasions already but I passed it just now and the badge and the name look a lot better than the photos do justice

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Heard yesterday that plans are in place for Murrayfield all the way up to the Celtic game. This person did not say that meant we would need Murrayfield just that contingency plans have been put in place up until that game should Murrayfield be needed. They thought the Killie game was a certainty.

I just hope that if there is to be a further delay that we give ourselves enough time to have it finished/ready even if that means not moving until January or home derby.

Also said that a delegation from SFA will be in attendance next week to see what Murrayfield has to offer with the lease of Hampden up in a couple of years.

Uefa are of  course corrupt shitbags but at least they are neutral on this issue. When the sfa appiled for the euro nations finals uefa said their was only one stadium acceptable for staging the final and it wasn't in glasgow.

Did the original brickies come back and finish the job or they get others in? Not ITK but a while ago comments on this thread implied a fall out with them. 

Monsieur Maroon
53 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wonder if plan b is a postponement 

I'm wondering if they'll play at tynie...but with 3 stands :devil2: ?

5 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

That bottom picture is magnificent.

I think we are all going to be stunned at how good this reallyv is when in use.

Agreed. I've not been fortunate enough to have gotten pitchside since our last competitive game at Tynie, and judging by the recent photos, it's got to be exceeding expectations. It really looks incredibly impressive.

Excuse my ignorance but how do they get the last section of staging in at the Roseburn end?  Looks like the roof is being completed and also the end wall?

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Flogel7 said:

Excuse my ignorance but how do they get the last section of staging in at the Roseburn end?  Looks like the roof is being completed and also the end wall?

Small crane

2 minutes ago, Flogel7 said:

Vehicle ramp is staying, could drive a cherry picker under there

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Can Obua say if it is Hearts taking someone to court or someone taking us to court?

I would guess the former as the comment was in the context of Hearts not being responsible for the costs.

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Very much so

Quite silly and you might say unprofessional 

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

Bloody hell, I feel like I'm the only one who loves the badges, it's great having a unique design that represents the club instead of just blocks of colour or a sponsor 

I like the badges! I wasn't particularly fussed if the new stand had them or not TBH, and I can understand why some folk aren't big fans of them, but I like them, and on balance, I think it probably makes more sense for all four stands to have them than just three.

6 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Maybe I'm overegging it a bit but this is surely got to make a hell of a better impression on potential signings. Migh even help push one over over line. 

It certainly can't hurt!

CL was saying today that back when he was manager first time around, he largely had to use Edinburgh as a place to live as the main draw for potential signings, but that these days, with the facilities at Riccarton, the club was much easier to sell, and that the new stand would only strengthen the appeal of the club.

5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Everyone seems to have missed one of the most important thing in the statement this week. It's all down to the turnstiles at the end of the day. You can have all the seats and toilets ready to go and the safety certificate in place but if the turnstile operating system and software isn't working there is no way they can open the stand. And as anyone who has had any dealings with IT systems can tell you these things need time and testing to clear any potential glitches. Imagine the scenes if the system crashed with thousands trying to get into the stand for the match. 

The press would have a field day.

As an IT professional with over 20 years experience, I can confidently state that if there are any problems, they'll just have to switch the turnstiles off and on again! 

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

That would certainly make sense.

I think that while there are only 9 rows of seats, there does appear to be 10 rails so I think it's most likely explanation.

It's looking incredible inside at least, fingers crossed once finished and whole site is cleared the outside is also impressive. Weather wasn't as bad as feared this weekend so also fingers crossed for killie but not sounding optimistic from those in the know